Mailbag: Denying God, Part 2

Jun 20, 2010 Full story: About.com 226

'Is there really a God?' Though there are a variety of possible responses to this question, there are three traditional responses that predominate in Western society: God does not exist: atheism; we cannot know whether God exists: agnosticism; and a personal God does exist: theism.

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#1 Jun 23, 2010
Three thousand plus gods and goddesses, and if one exists then they all exist. How can you believe in one without believing in them all? In the bible, the god there acknowledged that there are other gods. You don't have to worship them to believe in them.

Gods, the atheist believes in none and the theist picks and chooses among an array of insane options, for the ones who reflect his own prejudices.
Richard

Ashfield, Australia

#2 Jun 23, 2010
Reason Personified wrote:
Three thousand plus gods and goddesses, and if one exists then they all exist. How can you believe in one without believing in them all? In the bible, the god there acknowledged that there are other gods. You don't have to worship them to believe in them.
Gods, the atheist believes in none and the theist picks and chooses among an array of insane options, for the ones who reflect his own prejudices.
They can pick and choose what they want, but do they think they have the right to inflict their mistakes on the rest of us?
Martha

United States

#3 Jun 23, 2010
There are many gods, Satan inspired men to create these imaginary gods to worship, but the thief and father of the lie is the god who all ungodly men worship. Satan is misleading this entire earth away from the true God. He does not want anyone to serve Almighty God Jehovah.
Revelation 12:9

Satan has inspired all men to worship him, he is a master at deception, and the Bible says if Satan transforms himself into an angel of light, then his followers can too.
2 Corinthians 11: 13,14,15.

The one true God in heaven is looking for people who want to know the truth about him and life.
His only begotten son Jesus came to earth to give people the way to know, love and serve his father, Almighty God Jehovah.
John 14:6
Richard

Ashfield, Australia

#4 Jun 23, 2010
Martha wrote:
There are many gods, Satan inspired men to create these imaginary gods to worship, but the thief and father of the lie is the god who all ungodly men worship. Satan is misleading this entire earth away from the true God. He does not want anyone to serve Almighty God Jehovah.
Revelation 12:9
Satan has inspired all men to worship him, he is a master at deception, and the Bible says if Satan transforms himself into an angel of light, then his followers can too.
2 Corinthians 11: 13,14,15.
The one true God in heaven is looking for people who want to know the truth about him and life.
His only begotten son Jesus came to earth to give people the way to know, love and serve his father, Almighty God Jehovah.
John 14:6
Q.E.D.
xix

Stockton, CA

#5 Jun 23, 2010
Martha wrote:
There are many gods, Satan inspired men to create these imaginary gods to worship, but the thief and father of the lie is the god who all ungodly men worship. Satan is misleading this entire earth away from the true God. He does not want anyone to serve Almighty God Jehovah.
Revelation 12:9
Satan has inspired all men to worship him, he is a master at deception, and the Bible says if Satan transforms himself into an angel of light, then his followers can too.
2 Corinthians 11: 13,14,15.
The one true God in heaven is looking for people who want to know the truth about him and life.
His only begotten son Jesus came to earth to give people the way to know, love and serve his father, Almighty God Jehovah.
John 14:6
The sad part is that there are actually people who today still have such primitive minds that they claim to believe that nonsense. That is really pathetic! They are to be pitied for their ignorance!
Martha

United States

#6 Jun 23, 2010
The ignorance of God's word the Bible, is the problem today. Bible teachers have always taught what they believe the Bible to mean, rather than what the Bible actually teaches.

The reason for so much confusion and disorder in relgions that are suppose to be Christian, is the evidence everyone can now see they are corrupt and not acceptable to God.
Revelation 18:4

There is only one truth and only one people God is using today to accomplish his will on this earth.
Almighty God Jehovah, the God and father of Jesus, is only using his witnesses, as Jesus did on earth.
Richard

Ashfield, Australia

#7 Jun 23, 2010
Martha wrote:
The ignorance of God's word the Bible, is the problem today. Bible teachers have always taught what they believe the Bible to mean, rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
The reason for so much confusion and disorder in relgions that are suppose to be Christian, is the evidence everyone can now see they are corrupt and not acceptable to God.
Revelation 18:4
There is only one truth and only one people God is using today to accomplish his will on this earth.
Almighty God Jehovah, the God and father of Jesus, is only using his witnesses, as Jesus did on earth.
And who says your interpretation is correct?
Martha

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2010
Jehovah's witnesses have been shown the holy spirit is the force behind God's will today.

Without God's holy spirit no one could be obedient to God, to accomplish his will on earth. We are sinful human beings who must have spiritual food to become spiritual people, to worship God with spirit and truth.
John 4:24
Richard

Ashfield, Australia

#9 Jun 24, 2010
Martha wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses have been shown the holy spirit is the force behind God's will today.
Without God's holy spirit no one could be obedient to God, to accomplish his will on earth. We are sinful human beings who must have spiritual food to become spiritual people, to worship God with spirit and truth.
John 4:24
You do realize that you are actually a member of a cult not a religion and a strange one at that.
the serpent was right

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 24, 2010
Martha wrote:
The ignorance of God's word the Bible, is the problem today. Bible teachers have always taught what they believe the Bible to mean, rather than what the Bible actually teaches.
The reason for so much confusion and disorder in relgions that are suppose to be Christian, is the evidence everyone can now see they are corrupt and not acceptable to God.
Revelation 18:4
There is only one truth and only one people God is using today to accomplish his will on this earth.
Almighty God Jehovah, the God and father of Jesus, is only using his witnesses, as Jesus did on earth.
Isn't it handy how the JW's rewrote the Bible to make there idea of god fit?

You are the slave of a cult, and superstition. You'll understand when you grow up.
Big Al

Kelseyville, CA

#11 Jun 24, 2010
Martha wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses have been shown the holy spirit is the force behind God's will today.
Without God's holy spirit no one could be obedient to God, to accomplish his will on earth. We are sinful human beings who must have spiritual food to become spiritual people, to worship God with spirit and truth.
John 4:24
If you believe (as most Christians do) that the Jews of Jesus' time had lost a correct understanding of the word of God given to them by Moses 1,300 years before, what makes you think that you still have a correct understanding of God's word 2,000 years after it was given? Why would God give you the Holy Spirit to guide you but not the Jews?
Martha

United States

#12 Jun 24, 2010
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe (as most Christians do) that the Jews of Jesus' time had lost a correct understanding of the word of God given to them by Moses 1,300 years before, what makes you think that you still have a correct understanding of God's word 2,000 years after it was given? Why would God give you the Holy Spirit to guide you but not the Jews?
First, the Jews of Jesus day were misled by the religious leaders; they set up their own standard of righteousness. If you are a Bible reader, then you know Jesus' preaching was to adjust their thinking and conduct back to have Almighty God Jehovah's approval.

Since the Jews rejected their proven Messiah or deliverer, they lost the responsibility to represent the true God Jehovah. They were no longer the nation God would use, Jehovah now chose the Christian congregation of followers of Jesus. Gal. 6

Since the new nation of Christians have proven false to God's word, and they reject the one true God who is Universal Soverign
Almighty God Jehovah, but they chose to teach a trinity god, and their man made doctrines, they are no longer acceptable to God.

It is no different today, this world is being warning that very soon all wickedness will be removed from this earth along with all ungodly people. The Good News of God's Kingdom is being preached today to adjust peoples beliefs and conduct, so they can survive the end of this system of things. Jesus is now King of Kings ruling in heaven, the angels are behind this separating work right now, they are in control of this final harvest.
Richard

Ashfield, Australia

#13 Jun 24, 2010
Martha wrote:
<quoted text>
....... Jesus is now King of Kings ruling in heaven, the angels are behind this separating work right now, they are in control of this final harvest.
So we can look forward to another mass murder.
Martha

United States

#14 Jun 24, 2010
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
So we can look forward to another mass murder.
The teaching of the flood of Noah's day; that world of mankind was destroyed because of their wickedness, the people themselves were responsible for their execution by God's will. Noah and his family preached to repent and get right with God for all the years he built that Ark.

If you know that you are being warned to save your own life, and those of your family, as with a flood or volcano or some other coming disaster, and you ignor the warning, your blood is on your own head, that is only common sense.
Big Al

Kelseyville, CA

#15 Jun 24, 2010
Martha wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the Jews of Jesus day were misled by the religious leaders; they set up their own standard of righteousness. If you are a Bible reader, then you know Jesus' preaching was to adjust their thinking and conduct back to have Almighty God Jehovah's approval.
Since the Jews rejected their proven Messiah or deliverer, they lost the responsibility to represent the true God Jehovah. They were no longer the nation God would use, Jehovah now chose the Christian congregation of followers of Jesus. Gal. 6
Since the new nation of Christians have proven false to God's word, and they reject the one true God who is Universal Soverign
Almighty God Jehovah, but they chose to teach a trinity god, and their man made doctrines, they are no longer acceptable to God.
It is no different today, this world is being warning that very soon all wickedness will be removed from this earth along with all ungodly people. The Good News of God's Kingdom is being preached today to adjust peoples beliefs and conduct, so they can survive the end of this system of things. Jesus is now King of Kings ruling in heaven, the angels are behind this separating work right now, they are in control of this final harvest.
You completely missed the point of my question. Most Christians would agree that the Jews of Christís time had the word of God as written down by Moses but, over the 1,300 years that had passed between Moses and Jesus they had lost the correct meaning of those words. Jesus never accused them of not believing the that Torah was Godís word; he accused them of not understanding it correctly. Now here we are 2,000 years after the words of Jesus were recorded and just because you believe that the Gospels are the word of God doesnít mean that your understanding of them is correct. If you can believe that the Jews lost the correct understanding of Godís word over 1,300 years why is it not possible that you after 2,000 years have an incorrect understanding of Godís word?
Martha

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2010
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
You completely missed the point of my question. Most Christians would agree that the Jews of Christís time had the word of God as written down by Moses but, over the 1,300 years that had passed between Moses and Jesus they had lost the correct meaning of those words. Jesus never accused them of not believing the that Torah was Godís word; he accused them of not understanding it correctly. Now here we are 2,000 years after the words of Jesus were recorded and just because you believe that the Gospels are the word of God doesnít mean that your understanding of them is correct. If you can believe that the Jews lost the correct understanding of Godís word over 1,300 years why is it not possible that you after 2,000 years have an incorrect understanding of Godís word?
The Jews understood perfectly what God wanted them to do...
The Jews failed to obey the Law, the word of God that directed their lives as his people. Their teachers taught their own righteousness.

The correct understanding of God's word is still in the Bible, that cannot be changed. People still refuse to obey God's word, they choose Churches or ministers to tickle their ears, they decide for themselves what to believe or not.

That is why Jesus said you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Free from all false teachings in all religion.
The truth cannot be changed, you just need to look for the teachers of the Truth.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#17 Jun 24, 2010
Martha wrote:
<quoted text>
The teaching of the flood of Noah's day; that world of mankind was destroyed because of their wickedness, the people themselves were responsible for their execution by God's will. Noah and his family preached to repent and get right with God for all the years he built that Ark.
If you know that you are being warned to save your own life, and those of your family, as with a flood or volcano or some other coming disaster, and you ignor the warning, your blood is on your own head, that is only common sense.
If my actions control your montrous god, he will commit suicide should he dare to return to my home planet where he has reeked such havoc!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18 Jun 24, 2010
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
They can pick and choose what they want, but do they think they have the right to inflict their mistakes on the rest of us?
Yes, they believe that they can.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19 Jun 24, 2010
Martha wrote:
There are many gods, Satan inspired men to create these imaginary gods to worship, but the thief and father of the lie is the god who all ungodly men worship. Satan is misleading this entire earth away from the true God. He does not want anyone to serve Almighty God Jehovah.
Revelation 12:9
Satan has inspired all men to worship him, he is a master at deception, and the Bible says if Satan transforms himself into an angel of light, then his followers can too.
2 Corinthians 11: 13,14,15.
The one true God in heaven is looking for people who want to know the truth about him and life.
His only begotten son Jesus came to earth to give people the way to know, love and serve his father, Almighty God Jehovah.
John 14:6
Your god didn't think that the other gods were imaginary beings created by satan. Think that through, god create the frail pitiable little messed up humans that he has to keep killing off and starting over on, and satan creates gods. Clearly satan is the more powerful and truthful of those two.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#20 Jun 24, 2010
xix wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad part is that there are actually people who today still have such primitive minds that they claim to believe that nonsense. That is really pathetic! They are to be pitied for their ignorance!
ďGod is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks, please. Cash and in small bills.Ē-- Lazarus Long

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agnosticism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 15 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Why I'm still a Catholic (Oct '13) Tue Catholic Girl 136
Why the Term Agnosticism must be dropped from t... Oct '14 tha Professor 4
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) Oct '14 hpcaban 386
A Really Good Thing Jul '14 NightSerf 1
Spiritual Agnosticism what is it ? (Jan '13) Mar '14 The Word of Knowl... 3
Liberal Pundit Details Converting From Atheism ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Cujo 9

Agnosticism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE