Priest Who Burned Rainbow Flag in Ant...

Priest Who Burned Rainbow Flag in Anti-Gay Exorcism Put on Leave:...

There are 61 comments on the Towleroad story from Sunday Sep 23, titled Priest Who Burned Rainbow Flag in Anti-Gay Exorcism Put on Leave:.... In it, Towleroad reports that:

Reverend Paul Kalchik, the Roman Catholic priest at Resurrection Parish in Chicago who held an "exorcism" with parishioners in which they burned a rainbow flag that had once been hung in the church, has been relieved of his duties. Kalchik's suspension was announced by the archbishop of Chicago, Cardinal Blase Cupich in a letter to parishioners: "For some weeks now, I have become increasingly concerned about a number of issues at Resurrection Parish.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Towleroad.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Phyllis Schlafly s Son

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Sunday Sep 23
It's usually not a flattering photo when you have crazee eyes in it.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Phyllis Schlafly s Son

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Sunday Sep 23
"The archdiocese insisted that Kalchik's removal had nothing to do with the rainbow flag-burning 'exorcism.'"

Right, it wasn't the hate, or the selectivity regarding which passages of the buybull to follow or ignore, it's because the flag burning was aimed at the rcc's abuse of power in a sexual context scandal. He was being pretty directly critical of the church, not merely anti gay.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Antoine

Rockford, MI

#4 Monday Sep 24
Junos Rising Star wrote:
<quoted text>

He should be e been praised for his burning of a rainbow flag. His message was that the rainbow flag and gay priests are the problems in the church being covered up.
Spot on!

Judged:

17

17

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Monday Sep 24
Junos Rising Star wrote:
<quoted text>
He should be e been praised for his burning of a rainbow flag. His message was that the rainbow flag and gay priests are the problems in the church being covered up.
Dear Messenger of Love redux: Your white supremacist military academy education is failing you again. The rcc has no "gay" priests. "Gay" has a meaning. Try to learn the first thing about what you're going on about. The rcc's misogyny and homophobia and authoritarianism has attracted too many of the wrong sort of clergypersons - nuns too in many cases - who are psychosexually twisted and abusive in one way or another. Some of these appear to be homosexually inclined, as you are, reparative therapay victim. They are not gay men.
Antoine

Rockford, MI

#6 Monday Sep 24
Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub wrote:
<quoted text>

The rcc has no "gay" priests. They are not gay men.
Sure they do. They're the ones molesting all the boys.

Judged:

17

17

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Monday Sep 24
Antoine wrote:
<quoted text>

Sure they do. They're the ones molesting all the boys.
Gay men have sex with men. Pedophiles have sex with children. Two different things, altogether.
Antoine

Rockford, MI

#8 Monday Sep 24
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>

Gay men have sex with men. Pedophiles have sex with children. Two different things, altogether.
If the children are boys then the pedophile is gay. Gay pedophiles (gay priests) have sex with boys. So not two different things at all.

Judged:

17

17

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Monday Sep 24
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay men have sex with men. Pedophiles have sex with children. Two different things, altogether.
Actually the main locus of child sex abuse is in the extended nuclear family, most often older, male relatives abusing younger, female ones. Throw in the violent raping of women in all manner of contexts and you know that the perpetrators of sexual violence are, in fact, associated with one particular sexual orientation.

Also, the rcc abuse of power scandal was not really about pedophilia. You're using the term uncritically.
Antoine

Rockford, MI

#10 Monday Sep 24
Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually the main locus of child sex abuse is in the extended nuclear family.
That's off topic. The main focus of child sex abuse in the Church is gay priests.

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Piscataway, NJ

#11 Monday Sep 24
Antoine wrote:
<quoted text>

Sure they do. They're the ones molesting all the boys.
Men who molest boys are straight. It's in the rainbow handbook. Also men who molest girls are straight.

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Piscataway, NJ

#12 Monday Sep 24
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>

Gay men have sex with men. Pedophiles have sex with children. Two different things, altogether.
Yes. Men who molest girls are strraight and men who molest boys are straight too. I read it in the rainbow handbook.

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Piscataway, NJ

#13 Monday Sep 24
Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually the main locus of child sex abuse is in the extended nuclear family, most often older, male relatives abusing younger, female ones. Throw in the violent raping of women in all manner of contexts and you know that the perpetrators of sexual violence are, in fact, associated with one particular sexual orientation.

Also, the rcc abuse of power scandal was not really about pedophilia. You're using the term uncritically.
Yes. Sexual violence is straight thing. If a man is sexually violent he's straight.

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Piscataway, NJ

#14 Monday Sep 24
Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub wrote:
<quoted text>

Dear Messenger of Love redux: Your white supremacist military academy education is failing you again. The rcc has no "gay" priests. "Gay" has a meaning. Try to learn the first thing about what you're going on about. The rcc's misogyny and homophobia and authoritarianism has attracted too many of the wrong sort of clergypersons - nuns too in many cases - who are psychosexually twisted and abusive in one way or another. Some of these appear to be homosexually inclined, as you are, reparative therapay victim. They are not gay men.
Of course not. Only
straight men rape.

Judged:

16

16

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Piscataway, NJ

#15 Monday Sep 24
Antoine wrote:
<quoted text>

That's off topic. The main focus of child sex abuse in the Church is gay priests.
It's not gays to blame for the crimes in the catholic church, it is the church's fault. Gay men don't molest children.

Judged:

16

15

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#16 Monday Sep 24
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes. Men who molest girls are strraight and men who molest boys are straight too. I read it in the rainbow handbook.
You can try to twist what I said, but it won't change the truth. I said nothing about girls. And child molestation is not about sexuality.........it's about power. It is only manifested though sexual activity, and has nothing whatever to do with the gender of the child.
Frankie Rizzo

Piscataway, NJ

#17 Monday Sep 24
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>

You can try to twist what I said, but it won't change the truth. I said nothing about girls. And child molestation is not about sexuality.........it's about power. It is only manifested though sexual activity, and has nothing whatever to do with the gender of the child.
Right. Like I said men who molest boys are straight. So how can we blame gay men for it? That would be homophobic.

Judged:

17

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#22 Monday Sep 24
Junos Rising Star wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and women who molest boys are gay. Makes sense.
Your women who molest boys are pedophiles, yes.
Frankie Rizzo

Piscataway, NJ

#24 Monday Sep 24
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Your women who molest boys are pedophiles, yes.
Yes. Of course. Women who molest girls and men who molest boys are straight pedophiles.

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Carter

Ann Arbor, MI

#25 Monday Sep 24
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes. Of course. Women who molest girls and men who molest boys are straight pedophiles.
This all really boils down to the Rainbow Rule #1: Gay is GOOD, Straight is BAD.

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#26 Monday Sep 24
Antoine wrote:
<quoted text>

That's off topic. The main focus of child sex abuse in the Church is gay priests.
False.

The main focus of child sex abuse in the church is child sex abuse in the church.

Being gay doesn't make someone a sexual predator any more than being straight makes someone perfectly innocent. Homosexuals are attracted to people of the same sex... pedophiles are attracted to children... they are NOT the same thing, and trying to make sexual abuse a "gay" thing is just good old fashioned homophobic lies and religious garbage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min J_a_n 533,053
News Naked Jehovah's Witnesses who 'kidnapped their ... 8 min JEHOVAH witness 11
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Robert F 714,785
News Teacher: Catholic school fired me for sharing l... 2 hr MAHA 7
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 7 hr Number 216 256,432
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 hr Lawrence Wolf 21,301
News Lawmakers leave town, clergy child sex abuse bi... 11 hr Parden Pardo 1