Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,849
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556703 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Conditional -
subject to one or more conditions or requirements being met
Grace -
the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God
Nuff said....
Read all of Romans 6 it explains it well.

But I am going to quote a few of the verses here.

Romans 6
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556704 Aug 25, 2014
To a Jew ... number one is the entire focus ... "WE will go back to our Utopian homeland of Olam Haba when Jehovah calls us home."

To a Christian ... number two is the entire focus ... "Jesus' promise IS that HE won't come to save our tight-knit group of Christians until the Jews go back to their earthly State of Israel.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Definitions of the word Israel

1. Israel ... Judaism The Hebrew people, past, present, and future, regarded as the chosen people of God by virtue of the covenant of Jacob.

2.A country in the Middle East.

https://www.google.ca/#q=israel+definition

Let's Play

#556705 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Conditional -
subject to one or more conditions or requirements being met
Grace -
the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God
Nuff said....
And now here is the kicker or it:

Romans 6
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

God forbid that we sin and whom we yield ourselves to servants that's whose servants we are.

Now all that is the word of God and I will not back off from it to appease men or I myself would be a liar and fighting against God's word. I choose to follow his teachings and take them as a whole. I wont add any thing or take anything away from the word of God.

If I willfully sin I am a servant of the devil. If I through grace follow after Jesus and am obedient to him by putting off sin and not following my own lusts then I am a child of God under grace. I myself make the decision as to whom I will serve.

Let's Play

#556706 Aug 25, 2014
oops......I meant the kicker of it.....

Prince George, Canada

#556707 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Conditional -
Salvation to all groups of devotees in all religions is "conditional."

For instance ... you are certain that only if I believe as you believe will Jesus and God WANT to save me.

A Muslim is certain that unless you believe as HE believes the Mahdi and God will not WANT to save you.

That is how the religious game is played out in all religions.

"YOU MUST believe as 'I' believe or the creator won't LOVE you.

If you would stop using your bible to preach at others and take a deep breath ... you would SEE that religion is based on LUST of self importance.

Prince George, Canada

#556708 Aug 25, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>And now here is the kicker or it:
The kicker ought to be "WHY would I be so filled with LUST as to WANT to believe that I will be saved and others will spend eternity in hell?

How could I BE so selfish as to FALL for that story that was created by theologians and in turn was taught to me as universal truth???

WHY and HOW???

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556709 Aug 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox,
What I want you to notice and is that the Bible is teaching that the problem is with US, not with God.
The rejection is US to God.
We can/sometimes will walk away from what God has freely given to us.
Salvation is conditional!
Gods Covenent has ALWAYS been conditional. God will do this and then man has to do his part, which is why Paul wrote that they should work out their own Salvation.

Let's Play

#556710 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation to all groups of devotees in all religions is "conditional."
For instance ... you are certain that only if I believe as you believe will Jesus and God WANT to save me.
A Muslim is certain that unless you believe as HE believes the Mahdi and God will not WANT to save you.
That is how the religious game is played out in all religions.
"YOU MUST believe as 'I' believe or the creator won't LOVE you.
If you would stop using your bible to preach at others and take a deep breath ... you would SEE that religion is based on LUST of self importance.
The Bible didn't say believe as I believe....it says we better take and eat the whole thing and believe as God says and in his words not just go cherry picking and pick out what we want. I use the Bible to examine my own self and believe me I have found faults many times....but in doing so I am learning not to sin and what the will of God is. Once a sin is revealed unto me....I have to stop doing it with the help of God by praying for strength and the grace of God. If I don't try to stop sinning, I am a sinner and God will not dwell with me.

Prince George, Canada

#556711 Aug 25, 2014
Billy Graham was certain that he had been inspired by Jesus and God to preach that only his group of Christians could be saved.

He was warned by Charles Templeton, but Billy LUSTED for attention from the crowds of Protestant ADMIRERS ... especially the Presidents.

I wonder what John Kennedy thought of Billy's antics, when Billy cuddled up to him (a Catholic) who Billy thought (in private of course) deserved to go to hell?

Even the Protestant Harry Truman did not consider his self a "friend" of Billy Graham.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

On Evangelists

"It used to be you couldn't go downtown in the evening without running into a half a dozen evangelists ranting and raving and carrying on: some of them put on their shows in tents or at camp meetings, and some of them just stood around on street corners and worked up a crowd. They'd stir the people up for a while, but they always got over it.

"But now we've just got this one evangelist, this Billy Graham, and he's gone off the beam. He's ... well, I hadn't ought to say this, but he's one of those counterfeits I was telling you about. He claims he's a friend of all the Presidents, but he was never a friend of mine when I was President. I just don't go for people like that. All he's interested in is getting his name in the paper."

Harry Truman ... from the book "Plain Speaking ... an oral biography of Harry S. Truman by Merle Miller." (page 31)

Prince George, Canada

#556712 Aug 25, 2014
I have no use for hypocrites ... unless of course they take my side in the hypocrisy.

June VanDerMark
August 25, 2014.

Let's Play

#556713 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The kicker ought to be "WHY would I be so filled with LUST as to WANT to believe that I will be saved and others will spend eternity in hell?
How could I BE so selfish as to FALL for that story that was created by theologians and in turn was taught to me as universal truth???
WHY and HOW???
I do not want any to go to hell. That is why I am speaking the word of God unto them. I didn't write it, but I believe it with my whole heart. The Bible is our guide and yes you truly have to want to be a child of God to understand his words.

He that hath an ear let him hear what the spirit says....and also Matthew 13:15

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

So yes you have to have the Spirit of Jesus to truly understand the word of God.

Let's Play

#556714 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Billy Graham was certain that he had been inspired by Jesus and God to preach that only his group of Christians could be saved.
He was warned by Charles Templeton, but Billy LUSTED for attention from the crowds of Protestant ADMIRERS ... especially the Presidents.
I wonder what John Kennedy thought of Billy's antics, when Billy cuddled up to him (a Catholic) who Billy thought (in private of course) deserved to go to hell?
Even the Protestant Harry Truman did not consider his self a "friend" of Billy Graham.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
On Evangelists
"It used to be you couldn't go downtown in the evening without running into a half a dozen evangelists ranting and raving and carrying on: some of them put on their shows in tents or at camp meetings, and some of them just stood around on street corners and worked up a crowd. They'd stir the people up for a while, but they always got over it.
"But now we've just got this one evangelist, this Billy Graham, and he's gone off the beam. He's ... well, I hadn't ought to say this, but he's one of those counterfeits I was telling you about. He claims he's a friend of all the Presidents, but he was never a friend of mine when I was President. I just don't go for people like that. All he's interested in is getting his name in the paper."
Harry Truman ... from the book "Plain Speaking ... an oral biography of Harry S. Truman by Merle Miller." (page 31)
Ye shall know them by their fruits....Billy Grahams fruits are rotten. We all can see this and we know this.....his fruits are showing exactly whom he serves.

Prince George, Canada

#556715 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>The Bible didn't say believe as I believe
That's my point. YOU are saying it. The bible didn't say anything. Your CRAFT IS ... "Believe the words in the bible mean that 'I' will be saved and YOU out there will go to hell."

That is the game played by every self-serving pundit IN religion. By relying on your vanity, you have called on your self as an expert in the field of religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

pun·dit

an expert in a particular subject or field who is frequently called on to give opinions about it to the public.

https://www.google.ca/...

Location hidden

#556716 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods Covenent has ALWAYS been conditional. God will do this and then man has to do his part, which is why Paul wrote that they should work out their own Salvation.
to the person that marked my post as clueless and disagreed. tell us WHY.http://agapegeek.com/2010/ 05/12/the-promises-and-covenan ts-of-god-are-always-condition al/

The Promises and Covenants of God are ALWAYS Conditional!

May 12

Posted by agapegeek

I want to discuss a subject found in the Bible that is hard for many Christians to get their minds around. Too many Christians like to put everything on God and make God responsible for everything that happens to them. However, when you read the Bible and study it closely we find out some very surprising things that should cause us to begin to think differently. When God makes a covenant with People on the earth, you will find that God is always capable of keeping the covenant and to Him it was a forever agreement. However, what we find in the Bible is that it is not all completely up to God and that you and I have a part to play in the relationship and the continued blessings of God. Let’s review the principle and then establish this spiritual law Biblically and learn what we can:

Isa 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

In this verse in Isaiah, God puts forth a promise to His people. But, this promise comes with conditions. In order for God’s people to eat the good of the land, they must be willing and obedient. Two little requirements that are placed upon the People! If they do one and not the other, they fail and do not eat the good of the land. This is the basis of a spiritual law, that I call the “IF” YOU DO “THEN” I WILL DO LAW! This is a popular programming construct that is widely used in programming languages. There is also a converse or inverse part of the law that goes something like this:

Prince George, Canada

#556717 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>I do not want any to go to hell.
That's why you want them to believe as YOU believe ... not as THEY believe.

That's the same mentality of the Muslim. He doesn't want you to have to go to hell. So he wants you to believe as HE believes.

Do you get the PICTURE NOW???

Location hidden

#556718 Aug 25, 2014
continued, this person makes a lot of sense. don't know his doctrine and don't care.

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

So as we have seen, the blessings of God are conditional. The continuation of the participation of the covenants of God are also conditional. People want to put all of the responsibility on God to whether or not a covenant is valid and that is not what God says in the Bible. You can always depend on God to be faithful and He will never fail you, but that does not relieve you of your responsibility in the relationship. What if you are married to a spouse and you are the one that is faithful and they are not. Will that work for very long? I know my wife would not put up with it. If you think you can then you are a fool. Is faithfulness a two way street that is required of both participants? Of course it is! So do not put all of the responsibility upon God, God will not fail the covenant. God is eternally faithful. However, men fail, men make mistakes and God will forgive them, but only if you ask for forgiveness. Repentance is a valuable key part of any Christian life. If you are not sorry for how you use to act and the things you use to do, you are not a Christian. You are just someone who doesn’t want to go to hell. Hebrews 8:9 clearly tells us that God disregarded Israel, because Israel did not keep the covenant. The Bible says this, God says this and I did not write the Bible. Is God anti-Semitic? That is what some will try to call me for saying something like this. So you can accept it for what it says or you can attempt to explain it away. Covenants with God are always Conditional! Let’s review another Old Testament example of these conditional promises of God:

Prince George, Canada

#556719 Aug 25, 2014
Religious pundits are everywhere on earth.

The tragedy IS that you ALL want others to believe that you are experts in the field of KNOWING the mentalities of the gods and goddesses.

Religion is NOT good.

Location hidden

#556720 Aug 25, 2014
Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

I guess many Christians cannot comprehend that God would require humans to do anything in order to obtain God’s Grace. It is almost unimaginable that Israel could do anything that would cause God to end their Covenant. I have read in a few blogs that some people think that God’s love and all of the blessings of His Covenants are unconditionally guaranteed and nothing that anyone does can cause God to back out of it. If you should go back and reread the Bible and look for how many times the word “IF” is used in verses concerning Israel, you will discover that God has put conditions on many of the things that He has given. God placed responsibility of the continuation of the covenant into the hands of those who He was trusting to do the right things and be obedient. If you study carefully you discover that Israel did a very bad job of fulfilling their end of the bargain. What a bargain they had, the fastest and most direct way to the Messiah, they had the first choice at Salvation, they were the keepers of the Holy Word of God and they blew it.

Let's Play

#556721 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
to the person that marked my post as clueless and disagreed. tell us WHY.http://agapegeek.com/2010/ 05/12/the-promises-and-covenan ts-of-god-are-always-condition al/
The Promises and Covenants of God are ALWAYS Conditional!
May 12
Posted by agapegeek
I want to discuss a subject found in the Bible that is hard for many Christians to get their minds around. Too many Christians like to put everything on God and make God responsible for everything that happens to them. However, when you read the Bible and study it closely we find out some very surprising things that should cause us to begin to think differently. When God makes a covenant with People on the earth, you will find that God is always capable of keeping the covenant and to Him it was a forever agreement. However, what we find in the Bible is that it is not all completely up to God and that you and I have a part to play in the relationship and the continued blessings of God. Let’s review the principle and then establish this spiritual law Biblically and learn what we can:
Isa 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
In this verse in Isaiah, God puts forth a promise to His people. But, this promise comes with conditions. In order for God’s people to eat the good of the land, they must be willing and obedient. Two little requirements that are placed upon the People! If they do one and not the other, they fail and do not eat the good of the land. This is the basis of a spiritual law, that I call the “IF” YOU DO “THEN” I WILL DO LAW! This is a popular programming construct that is widely used in programming languages. There is also a converse or inverse part of the law that goes something like this:
I don't know who judged you to start with, but I rejudged your post with helpful and I agree. Since it can be backed up in the word of God.

Prince George, Canada

#556722 Aug 25, 2014
Whenever I would pick up my KJV bible to study it, my guts would get into a knot. I just knew intuitively that it was a book that would pit me against my neighbors if I allowed my self to believe that I was saved while others deserved eternal hell.

I suggest that such teaching originally stemmed from mental illness, and that is "why" my conscience did not want me to welcome it into my thought-process as being based on universal truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 min MUQ2 207,168
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min Baron44 390,746
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 min Hooogle It 2,185
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 12 min MAYKiN yew WAIR ... 26,691
Sikhs demand justice in 1984 anti-Sikh riots (Nov '07) 15 min natnollid 3,310
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr undertaker A9 52,439
Court bars kids from Jehovah's Witness activities 1 hr DeeDee86 28
More from around the web