Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654136 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#557079 Aug 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck,
Do you believe that a Christian can walk away from their FIRST LOVE???
Of course!......People do it "all the time" in marriage!.........

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557080 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, if they do what does this passage mean?
John 8:31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him,“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,
Here is prime example of how the ex-Jew Christian-scribes gave the impression that Jesus was HOLY when he chose to be baptized by SAINT John ... who was also no longer faithful to Judaism.

Prince George, Canada

#557081 Aug 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I ON MY OWN DO NIT DESERVE ANY LOVE OR MERCY FROM HIM
YOU are the one that made the choice to place your FAITH in a system of belief that teaches that most of the world's population deserves to spend eternity in hell for not being in the right religion.

NO ONE ELSE made that choice but YOU.

NOW will you answer my question???

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
I asked you once, but maybe you will answer this time.
Do you believe that for placing faith in the dogma that other souls deserve eternal hell ... that YOU "deserve" to be rewarded with heaven???
truth

Perth, Australia

#557082 Aug 26, 2014
its written who is accusers
paul saul why you prosecuted me

byyyyyyy
jethro8

Hingham, MA

#557083 Aug 26, 2014
A Roman Catholic priest has been indicted on charges that he embezzled more than $230,000 from the Northborough parish where he served as pastor.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news#ixzz3BV5pyQos
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#557084 Aug 26, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>To be a true disciple we must abide in his word and if we don't we have to repent and then abide in his word.
You're making this hard for yourself....

Jesus is stating a fact. Those who abide, are truly my disciples.

Don't know how else to explain it.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#557085 Aug 26, 2014
Good Morning everyone! Hope your day today is productive and positive ...well at least try!
truth

Perth, Australia

#557086 Aug 26, 2014
Jesus Christ name above all!

Prince George, Canada

#557087 Aug 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck,
Wasn't Judas as much a disciple as the other apostles???
Wasn't Judas as zealous as any of the other apostles???
Remember, Judas was chosen by Jesus.....
The early Gnostic Christians believed that Judas was the ONLY one that stayed faithful to Jesus. But they also believed that Jesus was faithful at that point in time to Gnostic Christian dogma ... NOT faithful to Judaism.

The confusion LIES in the double-talking WORDS written by men.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

PRO-JUDAS. NOT PRO-JEWISH. Because the Gospel of Judas portrays Judas as a hero rather than a villain, some people have given the impression that it is somehow an antidote to historic Christian anti-Semitism. This response is ironic, since much of early Gnosticism was deeply critical of traditional Judaism. Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#557088 Aug 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......My story stands. I don't care what you believe. Your just a bigot and an idiot.
(lol)
.....You don't practice what you say out loud every mass you attend "We forgive those that trespass against us". you name call and insult others making you also a hypocryte. That's usually a family trait. There must be some dysfunction in the family DNA. I am sure it foes back generations. A psychologist can help but not cure.
......you are like most catholics. You go to church for all the wrong reasons. You recite the rules but you don't follow them.(lol)
.....you are simply Unbelievable!
.....I know the truth of my story. As usual you like to spin negativety to or about anyone not as self righteous as you..
....another family trait called arrogance.
Hey Michael-----Now, look at who is calling " the kettle black"!!!!... If you don't care what Liam thinks (which is what ALL Catholics believe) then "why" are you still on this forum?? Why aren't you out living in your "isolated "happy???????" ( agnostic-) world of "nothingness" away from this forum???----I'll tell you why Michael!!!----ADDICTION!!---- You are so addictive to your distorted and perverted world of "anti-catholic hate" that you CANNOT live ( one day) without feeding your addiction...THAT, my friend is why you are hear 24/7

Location hidden

#557089 Aug 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that a battered woman should remain married to her " first love" if she lives everyday being beaten and abused? Just what is Love? How do we measure love? There are different levels and kinds of love. I know I wouldn't remain married to this kind of person

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#557090 Aug 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can "think" he/she knows absolute universal truth, but the person COULD be totally wrong.
THAT is the difference.
"F"

Forget that universal truth crap June.
The question has nothing to do with that.
It is a simple philosophical question concerning how a person comes to be possessing of information that they did not previously possess.
Again.
What is the difference between thinking and knowing?

Is your gut instinct valid and accurate?
Are premonitions valid ways to gain information?

Do you possess intuition June?

Prince George, Canada

#557091 Aug 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
Good Morning everyone! Hope your day today is productive and positive ...well at least try!
Do you think that somebody in a religious cult will be productive enough to "prove for a fact" that he/she owns the one and only spiritual universal TRUTH within the confines of his/her personalized male-created religious literature?

:)

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#557092 Aug 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the Catholic that started this thread. And she received in total 761 negative icons ... no-doubt all from devout Catholics, who agreed with pope Benedict.
ROTFLMAO

You count the "judge it" icons and then try to give that hilarity validation as some sort of counter argument?

ROTFLMAO

June, you have left the diving platform in bellyflop position dear.

ROTFLMAO
Counting icons.
ROTFLMAO
Over 700 mind you.
ROTFLMAO

Get a life June. A real one dear.
ROTFLMAO

Location hidden

#557093 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making this hard for yourself....
Don't know how else to explain it.
UH? you left out the first part which shows that you are WRONG.

"If you continue in My word"

SO JESUS IS SPEAKING OF THOSE WHO WERE IN HIS WORD(FOLLOWING HIM), BUT THEY LEFT.

JUST AS WE HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU PEOPLE ALL ALONG. a person can follow yet they have the free will and they leave. and by doing so, they lose their soul.

you are to intelligent NOT to understand this very simple conclusion.

Location hidden

#557094 Aug 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Michael-----Now, look at who is calling " the kettle black"!!!!... If you don't care what Liam thinks (which is what ALL Catholics believe) then "why" are you still on this forum?? Why aren't you out living in your "isolated "happy???????" ( agnostic-) world of "nothingness" away from this forum???----I'll tell you why Michael!!!----ADDICTION!!---- You are so addictive to your distorted and perverted world of "anti-catholic hate" that you CANNOT live ( one day) without feeding your addiction...THAT, my friend is why you are hear 24/7
If what your saying is correct then we are ALL guilty of this "ADDICTION" since we are ALL here day after day arguing the same things.

Prince George, Canada

#557095 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
From your perspective ... would Jesus have meant that when he was a faithful Jew to Judaism ... or after he chose to be baptized by the Christian SAINT John?

You ought to make a choice pertaining to which side of the "fence" Jesus was "placed" in the historical drama ... at which TIME.

Keep in mind that according to the Christian scribes ... Jesus chose to switch sides. While according to the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism ... Jesus was a fake messiah. They believed that a real messiah would choose the Jews over the Christians as his chosen few.

Location hidden

#557096 Aug 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that a battered woman should remain married to her " first love" if she lives everyday being beaten and abused? Just what is Love? How do we measure love? There are different levels and kinds of love. I know I wouldn't remain married to this kind of person
we aren't talking about "battered women". I compared the relationship of marriage to our relationship to Jesus and hojo picked up on it.

Jesus doesn't batter us.

Location hidden

#557097 Aug 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that somebody in a religious cult will be productive enough to "prove for a fact" that he/she owns the one and only spiritual universal TRUTH within the confines of his/her personalized male-created religious literature?
:)
well.....and simple answer to a simple question.....NO
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#557098 Aug 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
.....that's easy to say for someone like you who will never experience the love of a woman in marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SOAPBOX: Vast difference between Islam and Chri... 9 min Old Pom 10
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 25 min DAK Original 253,961
News Hindu girl weds childhood Muslim friend in Paki... 28 min Marie-Luise_J 1
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 48 min thetruth 4,820
News Why I quit atheism 51 min thetruth 709
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr thetruth 10,052
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 256,562
More from around the web