Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649768 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535186 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Oh right...I am sure your losing a lot of sleep over it....Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.....I personally know of some catholics married and divorced more than one time...so your church is not so pure either when it comes to marring more than one time...
I should have also added that just because someone applies for an annulment doesn't mean that they'll be granted one. A lot of people are under the impression that it's automatic; it isn't.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535187 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Oh right...I am sure your losing a lot of sleep over it....Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.....I personally know of some catholics married and divorced more than one time...so your church is not so pure either when it comes to marring more than one time...
Annulments are nothing more than a money making scheme by the catholic church. Go see a priest, he counsels you a few times, says the church never recognized your marriage, and oh by the way you owe $500.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535189 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you willing to admit that when you are convinced others have evil in them, that you could have evil in you and not be aware of the evil???
Just checking.
I don't believe in evil, a devil or hell. So I don't perceive that others or my self are containers for evil.
No human is perfect...and I don't pretend to be.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535190 May 6, 2014
Chapter 10

This chapter is an ordination sermon, which our Lord Jesus preached, when he advanced his twelve disciples to the degree and dignity of apostles. In the close of the foregoing chapter, he had stirred up them and others to pray that God would send forth labourers, and here we have an immediate answer to that prayer: while they are yet speaking he hears and performs. What we pray for, according to Christ’s direction, shall be given, Now here we have, I. The general commission that was given them, Matt. 10:1. II. The names of the persons to whom this commission was given, Matt. 10:2-4. III. The instructions that were given them, which are very full and particular; 1. Concerning the services they were to do; their preaching; their working miracles; to whom they must apply themselves; how they must behave themselves; and in what method they must proceed, Matt. 10:5-15. 2. Concerning the sufferings they were to undergo. They are told what they should suffer, and from whom; counsels are given them what course to take when persecuted, and encouragements to bear up cheerfully under their sufferings, Matt. 10:16-42. These things, though primarily intended for direction to the apostles, are of use to all Christ’s ministers, with whom, by his word, Christ, and will be always to end the world.

Matthew Henry's Commentary

Location hidden

#535191 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does this bother you so much? If a person is divorced but not remarried, they don't have to apply for an annulment, they can still receive the sacraments. You do know that, don't you?
It must bother you since you replyed to me about this subject.....so how many times can a catholic divorce and how many times can they have annullments?
Michael

Canada

#535192 May 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? The Catholic majority of the supreme court ruled that public prayer, to God, before government meetings is ok. This is a remarkable shift in a 20 yr trend of anti religious rulings.
Another reason to smile:
The late night talk show circuit is ruled by Catholics now. lol
Steven Colbert - not shy about his devotion to the Catholic faith; once recited the Nicene Creed during a show; has taught religious education classes at his parish.
Jimmy Fallon - has made it known during interviews that his Catholic faith was a huge part of his upbringing. During an interview with NPR, Fallon shared fond memories of attending daily Mass as a child and being an altar server. Fallon even revealed he discerned a possible vocation to the Priesthood.
Jimmy Kimmel- has discussed his Catholic faith off camera, and is credited with bringing a tradition of his New York Italian-Catholic heritage - the annual celebration of the feast of St. Gennaro, complete with Mass and procession thru the streets - to his current home of Los Angeles.
Conan O'Brien (TBS)- was raised in a devout Irish-Catholic family. Hasn't demonstrated the same devotion the last few yrs....but still says "I DO believe, and this might be my Catholic upbringing, I think things do happen for a reason - I really do".
OSV news weekly April 30th, 2014
...So you like them, ONLY because they are catholic?

“TRAIL OF TEARS”

Since: Dec 13

CHEROKEE NATION, USA

#535193 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, and back at you.
And by the way ... thank you for not adding "God Bless you" on my post.
I promise I won't go into your place of worship and preach Atheism at you.
:)
I just respect your views June, that's why I didn't add God Bless you to my post. I would love to add that if you don't care? I would love to call you Miss June if you wouldn't mind. It's all I can do not to call you sweetheart but you've already showed me you didn't like that one!! LOL

I like you June. I've already told you that before, you don't bother or scare me one bit, and I mean that in a good way. You're just June to me, a smart, witty lady, that believes different than I do. Big deal. Now I'm gonna put God Bless below June, and you better leave it be!! LOL

God Bless Miss June.

Location hidden

#535194 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have also added that just because someone applies for an annulment doesn't mean that they'll be granted one. A lot of people are under the impression that it's automatic; it isn't.
I agree with you there
hojo

Waconia, MN

#535195 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God ... "I already know what you are thinking hojo, but I want to watch you squirm when you try to lie to me, as you were in the habit of lying to other humans when you were on earth. So I will ask you two 'simple' questions. Number one, why did you leave the Protestant religion for the Catholic religion?"
hojo ...(quivering in his nakedness) "Well God, I was told that the Catholic religion had the fullness of faith."
God ... "And here comes number two question. Who told you that hojo?"
Hojo ... "The Catholics."
God ... "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. "
In answer to your question: I became a Catholic after studying, reading and researching the TRUTH of over 2000 years of a TRUE Apostolic Church History (especially 1500 years prior to the Refoformation and------- after attending a Catholic Mass, I began to see "how empty and shallow" bible only Protestantism (actually IS) with little or no. depth to its beliefs and teachings. Finally, during my 35 years as a bible only Protestant-- our Church split and divided 3 different times because of their disagreements on bible interpretation --EACH group claiming to possess the TRUTH..... The question then became: "Where and who iholds the authority for the TRUTH...... The answer came in ITimothy 3:15 where Paul's says THE CHURCH ( not the bible alone ) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH..........That TRUTH has existed for over 2000 years in Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church----and my bible only Church and EVERY bible only denomination has "rejected" that FULLNESS of the TRUTH,---using their own contradicting "personal opinions" that have caused "nothing but confusion inconsistency and division among Protestant denominations. within The Body of Christian believers ----AND ----in the body of Christ !!!! God never was nor ever will be the "author" of this bible only division of confusion and chaos!!!---There is ONLY one UNEQUIVOCAL TRUTH-- and iit has, is and will ALWAYS be in Jesus Christ--in and through His One TRUEApostolic Catholc Church!!!

“TRAIL OF TEARS”

Since: Dec 13

CHEROKEE NATION, USA

#535196 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> No human is perfect...and I don't pretend to be.
Good morning Sera.

I hope the day finds you well.

God Bless.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535197 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
Hi Sere, how are things going, think about you a lot.

Spring up here in the north does not want to come, its cold and wet .
My husband is finishing off the deck , I did plant some stuff bought so flowers .
Trying to get into the spring mood anyway, I got them hanging in the house its so cold out still LOL.
Hope you are doing well Sere, God be with you . Love in Christ.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535198 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> It must bother you since you replyed to me about this subject.....so how many times can a catholic divorce and how many times can they have annullments?
It doesn't bother me. I simply wondered why it's such a hot topic with you since you go ballistic about it all the time.

I don't know what the limits are on the number of times. It's quite a long and involved process, usually about a year. Nothing like what "Chuck" said; he's just being spiteful. There's a lot of misunderstanding surrounding it, even among Catholics. That's one of the reasons why I told you that one doesn't have to seek an annulment as long as they don't remarry.
Michael

Canada

#535199 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I know of Catholic's that have been married two and three times and divorced. Does this count? Oh that's right they were never married, they never slept together, their lips never touched and neither did their hands,they never shared the same anything because IT DIDNT HAPPEN.all because of the word innullment.
..,.there are many catholics living horrible lives because their spouse is abusive or a drunk, or they have nothing in common, but continue on ltogether because the embarrassment of a catholic getting a divorce actually out weighs the terrible life they are currently living......and many fear offending God.

.....the catholic church is nothing more than a control factory, and that is why you will never see catholic posters criticize their own church leaders when they do wrong. They fear questioning.

Location hidden

#535200 May 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
In answer to your question: I became a Catholic after studying, reading and researching the TRUTH of over 2000 years of a TRUE Apostolic Church History (especially 1500 years prior to the Refoformation and------- after attending a Catholic Mass, I began to see "how empty and shallow" bible only Protestantism (actually IS) with little or no. depth to its beliefs and teachings. Finally, during my 35 years as a bible only Protestant-- our Church split and divided 3 different times because of their disagreements on bible interpretation --EACH group claiming to possess the TRUTH..... The question then became: "Where and who iholds the authority for the TRUTH...... The answer came in ITimothy 3:15 where Paul's says THE CHURCH ( not the bible alone ) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH..........That TRUTH has existed for over 2000 years in Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church----and my bible only Church and EVERY bible only denomination has "rejected" that FULLNESS of the TRUTH,---using their own contradicting "personal opinions" that have caused "nothing but confusion inconsistency and division among Protestant denominations. within The Body of Christian believers ----AND ----in the body of Christ !!!! God never was nor ever will be the "author" of this bible only division of confusion and chaos!!!---There is ONLY one UNEQUIVOCAL TRUTH-- and iit has, is and will ALWAYS be in Jesus Christ--in and through His One TRUEApostolic Catholc Church!!!
Confession is good for the soul
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535201 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I know of Catholic's that have been married two and three times and divorced. Does this count? Oh that's right they were never married, they never slept together, their lips never touched and neither did their hands,they never shared the same anything because IT DIDNT HAPPEN.all because of the word innullment.
All semantics.

My best friend got an annulment after almost 20 years of marriage and 3 children. I had no idea they were never married.

Word games can fool some gods, but not mine.

Ramen
Michael

Canada

#535202 May 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
...Just one persons opinion.

...... If everyone thought like you they would all join up. 83% of the world isn't catholic and the fact is the majority of catholics were born into the belief.

....people like yourself joining up are very rare in the big picture of vast majority becoming catholics from the cradle.

Location hidden

#535203 May 6, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sere, how are things going, think about you a lot.
Spring up here in the north does not want to come, its cold and wet .
My husband is finishing off the deck , I did plant some stuff bought so flowers .
Trying to get into the spring mood anyway, I got them hanging in the house its so cold out still LOL.
Hope you are doing well Sere, God be with you . Love in Christ.
Thank you LTM God Bless you also. It is still chilly where I live but Spring is around the corner. I got a lot of things that need to be done and staying busy is a huge help to me.Thank you for you love..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535204 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
You didn't answer my question.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Are you willing to admit that when you are convinced others have evil in them, that you could have evil in you and not be aware of the evil???

Location hidden

#535205 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,.there are many catholics living horrible lives because their spouse is abusive or a drunk, or they have nothing in common, but continue on ltogether because the embarrassment of a catholic getting a divorce actually out weighs the terrible life they are currently living......and many fear offending God.
.....the catholic church is nothing more than a control factory, and that is why you will never see catholic posters criticize their own church leaders when they do wrong. They fear questioning.
Well, I will be the first to say that I stay with No Man that abuses me. I was Blessed that when I found Nick he was a very kind and loving man.May His Memory Be Eternal!!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535206 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Confession is good for the soul
Are you willing to confess that a Jewish Rabbi (faithful to Judaism) would in all probability not abandon his Jews to join a Christian religion???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Croatia risks losing support of civilized, ant... 9 min truth 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 30 min Chimney1 40,241
News Lawsuit alleges California ex-priest abused 2 boys (Mar '15) 58 min Plecker Fingersnatch 5
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 255,901
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Ismail 253,425
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 15,747
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 hr J_a_n 490,550
More from around the web