Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687437 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477683 Sep 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to say hat but you put it better .
As we were discussing ..And scriptures was quoted ..it seemed obvious,.
That the,HOLY SPIRIT entered Mary AND SHE ACKNOWKEDGED GOD AS SAVIOUR.by her words,.
It Could be argued that ..Mary was the first SAVED human by both of these standards ...
sorry, RoS, but the Holy Ghost did NOT enter her when the angel told her what God desired of her.

this indwelling of the Holy Ghost came to mary on the day of Pentecost, and not before.

the first Saved by the Sacrifice of Jesus was the malefactor. even tho others had their sins forgiven by Jesus

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#477684 Sep 22, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>There is only O N E Immaculate Conception,the Lord Jesus Christ. He is in the Scriptures as being without Sin,and no human being before Christ,or after Christ was born without sin,or was sinless. John the Baptist knew his own shortcomings that is why he although sent by God to prepare the Way of Christ,he spent almost all of his years preaching repentance,and baptizing the House of Israel. Yet he was full of the Spirit in the womb,as Elizabeth was given that revelation about her son. His innocence as a baby in the womb proved the Holy Spirit would be leading John right to his death by Herod's evil command.
Was John the Baptist born sinless? No,Zachariah and Elizabeth both were Jews born of the seed of Adam,and they together biologically contributed to the life of John,although blessed in the womb,and a mystery child born of elderly parents. The KEY is always that we are born of the seed of Adam,the whole human race.NONE of us are Divine,and incarnated into human flesh,only the Lord Jesus Himself.
Mary's parents were both members of the sinful human race born of the seed of Adam,neither were they born of a Virgin,nor having a Divine Parent.Mary's sinless state of Grace was awarded to her by the Angel Gabriel at her annunciation,simple as that!

I agree ..IMO she needed and recognized God as,her Saviuir ...a,sinless,person does,NOT need a,SAVIOUR ..was the point after much discussion.

This,Immaculate Conception was nit a Cannon until the 1800 s,

I am not sure why all the focus on Mary has to do with her conception
Or any conception if o her children

However ..

I don't think it matters, to salvation as long as we agree JESUS was born of a,Virgin...the,SON of God fully human an ..fully Divine .

Now one thing that comes up every once in a while ..I have no idea,why ..yet wen I hear junk like That Satan seed nonsense I understand it .

It seems that some people think it was not a piece of fruit But something sexual with that tree .

May be in the early ages,..people in the Chur h viewed,even married sex As sinful ...or as,a,consequence of Adam and,Eves,sin..READING ; no Genesis WHAT WAS,NOT THERE ..do conception and the act preceding became
Related to ORIGINAL SIN..

SO it was seen somehow that the Church had to sT e Mary was,born differently in order to be Jesus,mother ...AGSIN dogma,from the 1800

Though nothing about MARY herself is in the scriptures AGREED ON BY THE,RCC AS CANON.

once bibles became available for study outside the RCC...Well...obviously differences in EHAT he CHURCH says
And eat scripture says .

AgaIN.it's foolish o argue this,...with Catholics..it foes not affect non CATHOLICS..And there is no way they will change an opinion over 209
Years,old ..he Jmmacultate doctrine

We can ask in heaven

Meanwhile ..She was Holy ..obedient Blessed and a Virgin chosen by God TO BE MOTHER TO His,Son..
SHE suffered horribly as her Son was tortured and slain and was,literally WASHED IN HIS,BLOOD .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477685 Sep 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, RoS, but the Holy Ghost did NOT enter her when the angel told her what God desired of her.
this indwelling of the Holy Ghost came to mary on the day of Pentecost, and not before.
the first Saved by the Sacrifice of Jesus was the malefactor. even tho others had their sins forgiven by Jesus
Preston on Mary we in some things
disagree ..She In faith SAID God was her Saviour ..I think the Annunciatiin as,Pad Said was the Spirit washing of her so she could carry Our Lord ..plus she as NO apostles except maybe John was washed in His blood ..he was with her most of His Life ..

Also as Jesus preached ..he said hey MUST believe ..many did ..But I
Think the touch of Jesus saved them by FAITH..

However ...I believe THE THIEF was the first to reach Paradise as Jesus told Him.

And that though saved by faith by Jesus and His presence ..the Holy Spirit is wHAT He gave he Saved until He returns

We are blessed by the presence of he Spirit because we have Faih in EHAT we can't see ...the apostles ..Mary ..the believers ..had Jesus right there o give them salvation through faith on Him.

we will have to agree to disagree on Mary as I said before s few months ago ..And we will all solve these mysteries in heaven if God will s

Web we argued about her before ..I really prayed on what to do ..not arguing further was my answer ..And I made a friend of my brother because of it :) God is great ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477686 Sep 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, I thank you Lord for the many blessings we have recieved from you on this forum, that we are able to pray for our brothers and sister that we have not seen as yet but are joined together by the blood line of our Lord and King Jesus Christ.
I also Lord pray for those of us on here who do not agree with the teachings of the Bible, because of them we have searched the scriptures more and have grown and matured because of it.
What the devil means for evil you mean it for good.
I praise you Lord and give you all the glory for the answer of Prayers, with you all things are possible, when we say I can't you say I can.
Amen in Jesus Name.
AMEN and God bless you and agreed .

It's true what you said ..this,forum has,caused me to delve deeper
Into God's word .

And given.me New understanding as to WHY there is so much disagreement .

God's blessing again..Thanks and to you and yours

Location hidden

#477687 Sep 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston on Mary we in some things
disagree ..She In faith SAID God was her Saviour ..I think the Annunciatiin as,Pad Said was the Spirit washing of her so she could carry Our Lord ..plus she as NO apostles except maybe John was washed in His blood ..he was with her most of His Life ..
Also as Jesus preached ..he said hey MUST believe ..many did ..But I
Think the touch of Jesus saved them by FAITH..
However ...I believe THE THIEF was the first to reach Paradise as Jesus told Him.
And that though saved by faith by Jesus and His presence ..the Holy Spirit is wHAT He gave he Saved until He returns
We are blessed by the presence of he Spirit because we have Faih in EHAT we can't see ...the apostles ..Mary ..the believers ..had Jesus right there o give them salvation through faith on Him.
we will have to agree to disagree on Mary as I said before s few months ago ..And we will all solve these mysteries in heaven if God will s
Web we argued about her before ..I really prayed on what to do ..not arguing further was my answer ..And I made a friend of my brother because of it :) God is great ..
my [opinion] of mary is based on what the Bible says about her, not what I think or what others might think.

read John chapter 7. the Holy Ghost was not given until after He died, so mary could not have received the Holy Ghost until then.

Mary was chosen because she had the right bloodlines for the Messiah to come. however every Jewish maiden wanted to be the one to bring forth the Messiah and therefore she was overwhelmed to have been chosen. she was a vessel, but she is not the Creator and therefore we should not place that much emphasis on her being only a surrogate mother.

from Genesis to Revelations, the Emphasis is and must be placed on Jesus not mary

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477688 Sep 22, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he tempted her. I agree with you on that. After all he was the most beautiful of Gods creation. Scripture tells us that God made him the full pattern. Scripture also tells us that Eve saw that the "TREE" (Satan) was pleasant to the eyes. In other words Satan was a hunk and very pleasant to the eyes. As a non-practicing gay person I have seen many men that was pleasant to my eyes and I was tempted as well. However unlike Eve I didn't yield to that temptation.
Lord have mercy.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477689 Sep 22, 2013
Micah 5:3

3 Therefore Israel will be abandoned
until the time when she who is in labor bears a son,
<<<and the rest of his brothers return
to join the Israelites.>>>
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477690 Sep 22, 2013
Genesis 22:18

18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.”

They knew the promised one (Jesus) would be a descendent of Abraham.

They knew that He (Jesus) would be descended from the tribe of Judah.

Genesis 49:10

10 The scepter will not depart from Judah,
nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet,
until he to whom it belongs shall come
and the obedience of the nations shall be his.

He’d be of the line of David.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477691 Sep 22, 2013
Why would it be necessary for God (all powerful) to do the unbelievable.... and, also, the difficult in order to bring the Messiah into the world?

God declared:

Isaiah 7:14

14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477692 Sep 22, 2013
People DO NOT understand that if Jesus had both a mortal mother AND a mortal father, He would <NOT> have been DIVINE.

If Jesus were mortal, God could NOT have offered the sinless sacrifice that was necessary....

Romans 3:23

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

“PhD Math ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#477693 Sep 22, 2013
The Bible is clear as to women's role in the Church.
confrinting with the word wrote:
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What evangelical circles have you been in lately? I have heard some of the best preaching from women.Women are very much involved in the mainstream of evangelical churches,missions,charities and so on.You and confrint are sounding a bit elderly here!
PAD...
You evidently have my avatar mixed up with some one else
I have been adamant here, in this forum.... Defending
the woman's CALLING AND positions in the church...
IF you have misread my post ..please point it out to me..
MY WIFE AND I... WORK AS ONE ..IN THE CHURCH I PASTOR...
WE ALWAYS HAVE.
.AND ALWAYS WILL.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477694 Sep 22, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>There is only O N E Immaculate Conception,the Lord Jesus Christ. He is in the Scriptures as being without Sin,and no human being before Christ,or after Christ was born without sin,or was sinless. John the Baptist knew his own shortcomings that is why he although sent by God to prepare the Way of Christ,he spent almost all of his years preaching repentance,and baptizing the House of Israel. Yet he was full of the Spirit in the womb,as Elizabeth was given that revelation about her son. His innocence as a baby in the womb proved the Holy Spirit would be leading John right to his death by Herod's evil command.
Was John the Baptist born sinless? No,Zachariah and Elizabeth both were Jews born of the seed of Adam,and they together biologically contributed to the life of John,although blessed in the womb,and a mystery child born of elderly parents. The KEY is always that we are born of the seed of Adam,the whole human race.NONE of us are Divine,and incarnated into human flesh,only the Lord Jesus Himself.
Mary's parents were both members of the sinful human race born of the seed of Adam,neither were they born of a Virgin,nor having a Divine Parent.Mary's sinless state of Grace was awarded to her by the Angel Gabriel at her annunciation,simple as that!
Hi Pad,

You wrote:

Mary's sinless state of Grace was awarded to her by the Angel Gabriel at her annunciation,simple as that!

What???

Are you saying that Mary was sinless???

If you are, I have to respectfully disagree with you....

Hebrews 9:15

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that <<<<<he has died as a ransom to set them FREE from the sins committed under the first covenant.>>>>>

And this includes the SINS of Mary....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477695 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>
no insult intended.

If you did not intend insult...what did you mean????

BTW...You still have not learned that God is not Christ...and that Christ is not God..of what denomination to you claim to be a pastor of????

Willing to bet the farm that you will deny proof that they are not one and the same...

Saviour: From the Kione Greek word soter: a deliverer, i.e. God or Christ:--saviour.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477696 Sep 22, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What evangelical circles have you been in lately? I have heard some of the best preaching from women.Women are very much involved in the mainstream of evangelical churches,missions,charities and so on.You and confrint are sounding a bit elderly here!
Hi Pad,

Women preachers....

I have to respectfully disagree with this also....

Women have a role that is distinct from the role expected of men.

Location hidden

#477697 Sep 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
no insult intended.
If you did not intend insult...what did you mean????
BTW...You still have not learned that God is not Christ...and that Christ is not God..of what denomination to you claim to be a pastor of????
Willing to bet the farm that you will deny proof that they are not one and the same...
Saviour: From the Kione Greek word soter: a deliverer, i.e. God or Christ:--saviour.
you have made fun of others because of spelling errors but you make them too. it is spelled KOINE not [email protected]

Location hidden

#477698 Sep 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
People DO NOT understand that if Jesus had both a mortal mother AND a mortal father, He would <NOT> have been DIVINE.
If Jesus were mortal, God could NOT have offered the sinless sacrifice that was necessary....
Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
people still aren't smart enough to know that God did not fertilize the egg of Mary either.

if so, Jesus would be half man-half God.

and that is why the Bible is clear that "a body hath he prepared for me". Hebrew 10:5.

a egg in and of itself can NOT produce life which is why God would place an embryo that He has prepared to bring forth the Messiah.

THAT IS CALLED COMMON SENSE
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#477699 Sep 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Robert, I studied Greek back in the 80's, when did you?
and there is NO WAY that a catholic could ever correct a Christian, they are on two different planes
Preston

Peace

It doesn't matter when a person studies Greek. I would say if you were 2000 years old, and well traveled in the Middle East, I would take as more valid, your view of the language.

Otherwise, most validation is biased in our time.

Your expertise in Greek is but a hobby. And I study it from time to time, as well, that I may get a fuller understanding of the biased written English version of scriptures we now use....
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#477700 Sep 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Robert, lets make this real simple for you.
what text was I using when I used those two words?
this is a very simple test for a great Greek scholar such as yourself.
anyhow, in Matthew, when the word adelphos is used, it denotes a follower of Jesus as any person with a very basic knowledge of Koine Greek knows. and taking this word even further and adding something to it(preface) we find in the book of Galatians that paul called some (pseudo)adelphos.
I had top pay a lot to learn, you got a FREE [email protected]
and to help you out further, there are several different dialects in the ancient Greek texts, that WERE USED!!!! which sometimes spelled a word a little different than say from another part of the world. yet I could understand that word and what it means. while A PERSON LIKE YOU would never know by reading it.
so don't pass yourself off as a Greek or Biblical Scholar since you are not.
you had some hours to try and prove that I was wrong by using Google or a form of it. I didnt
Preston

Peace

No. I am not a scholar.

I would not presume to try and teach you anything, though I sometimes feel indebted to you, for your teaching me.

I haven't the time to go into the finer details of Matt., and Gal., concerning bias for against the brothers of Jesus. Nor would you consider them.

Thank you for your time.

Peace

Location hidden

#477701 Sep 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
It doesn't matter when a person studies Greek. I would say if you were 2000 years old, and well traveled in the Middle East, I would take as more valid, your view of the language.
Otherwise, most validation is biased in our time.
Your expertise in Greek is but a hobby. And I study it from time to time, as well, that I may get a fuller understanding of the biased written English version of scriptures we now use....
Robet, simply put.

you are a liar, and you don't study Koine Greek in your spare time, since there are very few universities that teach Koine Greek, besides that, if you DID study, you would have known the difference
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#477702 Sep 22, 2013
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 min Prisoner of the M... 10,391
Conservative Megatrends: Religious Education 19 min The Bible Student 3
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 31 min nanoanomaly 172
the lord's catch - 22 59 min The Bible Student 8
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 80,078
News Honiton murder accused to undergo psychiatric a... 1 hr Alank 26
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 hr Rasputin 521,044
More from around the web