Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,302
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#437558 May 3, 2013
I must try to see the difference between my picture of a person and his behavior, as it is narcissistically distorted, and the person's reality as it exists regardless of my interests, needs and fears.”
― Erich Fromm, The Art of Loving
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#437559 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
___
June ....like Clay.... is allowing God....(Whom she says she does not believe in)...
to control here every waking moment...
She has spent day after day out of control and letting the God that she despises decide her thoughts and reactions against him...
Isn't it strange when that one which we rave and rant becomes our
obsession calls the shots...becomes our director and controls our
reaction...
This is the epitome of what hatred does...
I just watched the other part of that video of the Pentecostal minister who converted to Catholicism. I feel sad for you and your husband. People absolutely will not leave their careers and admit they were wrong.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437560 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that philosophy should not claim truth. It should ever be searching for truth, but never claiming to own it.
June VanDerMark:

I believe philosophy to be an exercise in reasoning viewpoints, to an end which is truth. So if viewpoints are truth, which some on here view as one's own perspective, then they are philosophers.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437561 May 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I just watched the other part of that video of the Pentecostal minister who converted to Catholicism. I feel sad for you and your husband. People absolutely will not leave their careers and admit they were wrong.
~~~

I strive not to allow the five senses to control my life...

Faith does not depend upon what a person....

feels...sees.. hears...taste or smells.

Faith is having confident expectations in What God has Spoken forth and

being fully persuaded in your own heart that what God has spoken forth .

He will perform/do.

While I appreciate your interest in the destiny of my eternal soul..

you need not waste your time...

2Ti_1:12 ........ I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

#437562 May 3, 2013
who="Clay"

Which story is right?

First you said that a Pentecostal minister converted to CC.

Then you said that people ABSOLUTELY would not leave their careers and admit that they were wrong.

KayMarie
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437563 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All your beliefs are generated from what's in your attic as are mine.
June VanDerMark:

In part, quite true. As beliefs are part of one's experience.

Faith is quite a different matter.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#437564 May 3, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
You're cute when you have your temper tantrums!

Well thanks you!
But truly Ella, peace be with you. ;-)
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437565 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that when you brag about knowing, and in turn preach what are certain is truth, that you are lying???
June VanDerMark:

Since in thought and deed I seek to be humble, am I a liar?

Your questuin rests upon proof which is in your assumption, which tends to have a bit of circular reasoning.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437566 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All devout believers are prone to justify the words and actions of their own theologians.
Augustine promoted Catholic war as just and ordained by "god," and many Catholics to this day revere his dogmas as the most holy of all Catholic theologians.
June VanDerMark:

Since you are devoted to your beliefs, this must apply to you as well.

It is hard to say what one will do in order to justify actions in the future. On the other hand, if one is faced with an enemy that seeks to destroy, one is obliged for the sake of justice to act with fortitude. That act of justice we face in the present, and is a part of the will.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437567 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
___
June ....like Clay.... is allowing God....(Whom she says she does not believe in)...
to control here every waking moment...
She has spent day after day out of control and letting the God that she despises decide her thoughts and reactions against him...
Isn't it strange when that one which we rave and rant becomes our
obsession calls the shots...becomes our director and controls our
reaction...
This is the epitome of what hatred does...
confrinting with the word:

It could be a cry for help, as one attempts to ignore pain, but is overwhelmed by it.

It is part of being human.

#437568 May 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

When as A small child, God spoke to my heart and called me to the ministry...of His word...

He did not call me to a Roman Catholic Church, neither did he call me

to spend my time on the golf course...or collect a fortune for my self in real estate and other amenities as some have done..

But upon calling me and sending me to work for Him ..God accepted the responsibility to provide what was needed to fulfill that calling and God has been faithful in supplying my needs.

I work with my two older Brothers in an evangelistic team before I was twelve years old.(They too have also spent their lives as ministers of the Gospel.).

I have never considered God's calling on my life to be a career, nor is it my occupation...

It to me is a privilege, to be called and sent.

I do not believe that God loves me any more than the vilest sinner...

God owes me nothing...

Jesus paid it all and all to Him I owe.

#437569 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confrinting with the word:
It could be a cry for help, as one attempts to ignore pain, but is overwhelmed by it.
It is part of being human.
My wife and I have experienced pain...and sorrow ... especially when one

of my sons age 25 was found hanged ...which death was never investigated

and there has been no closure...

But the comforter that Jesus sent has given us peace in our hearts

I would never blame God for His death...

Jesus said

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#437570 May 3, 2013
who="Clay"
Which story is right?
First you said that a Pentecostal minister converted to CC.
Then you said that people ABSOLUTELY would not leave their careers and admit that they were wrong.
KayMarie
Both are true.
You know as well as I do, that the ridicule you'd face from your peers and the financial burden of a career change is enough to make you ignore truth.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#437571 May 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It is one thing to disagree. It is another to believe one can read another man and woman's heart. Nothing wrong with questioning one's beliefs. It is another to condescendingly "feel sorry" for 2 people. It is another to suggest subtly that they do not change beliefs because they would have to leave their career. Step back and take a look at what you said.

#437573 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
When as A small child, God spoke to my heart and called me to the ministry...of His word...
He did not call me to a Roman Catholic Church, neither did he call me
to spend my time on the golf course...or collect a fortune for my self in real estate and other amenities as some have done..
But upon calling me and sending me to work for Him ..God accepted the responsibility to provide what was needed to fulfill that calling and God has been faithful in supplying my needs.
I work with my two older Brothers in an evangelistic team before I was twelve years old.(They too have also spent their lives as ministers of the Gospel.).
I have never considered God's calling on my life to be a career, nor is it my occupation...
It to me is a privilege, to be called and sent.
I do not believe that God loves me any more than the vilest sinner...
God owes me nothing...
Jesus paid it all and all to Him I owe.
~~~

The greatest Blessing tht God could bestow upon us

TOOK PLACE... WHEN

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

===>the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. <===

THIS IS GOD'S REASON FOR GIVING HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON..

The above free gift cannot be earned bought nor sold

It cannot be contained monopolized or controlled...

The price that was paid can never be told...

Heb_4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#437574 May 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should watch the video entitled "The Reformation". It describes the people of God who left a corrupt non-Biblical legalistic institution called the Roman Catholic Church. It has been available for many, many years. Apparently you missed it. Try YouTube.

You said, quote, "People absolutely will not leave their careers and admit they were wrong." End quote.

This Sunday get in your car and drive down the streets of your home town. You will find thousands upon thousands of people who have admitted they were wrong and joined Protestant churches. And by the way, the same could be said for you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#437575 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
My wife and I have experienced pain...and sorrow ... especially when one
of my sons age 25 was found hanged ...which death was never investigated
and there has been no closure...
But the comforter that Jesus sent has given us peace in our hearts
I would never blame God for His death...
Jesus said
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your son.The loss of a child is devastating for the parents.I feel your pain.I have loss a child also and the hurt never goes away but you are correct in saying that our Lord will comfort if you seek his help.

#437576 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The greatest Blessing tht God could bestow upon us
TOOK PLACE... WHEN
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
===>the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. <===
THIS IS GOD'S REASON FOR GIVING HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON..
The above free gift cannot be earned bought nor sold
It cannot be contained monopolized or controlled...
The price that was paid can never be told...
Heb_4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
~~~

An good actor can portray most of the sufferings of Jesus

He can show forth the most all of the events that took place in Hia passions..

But the event when God the Father

("the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all")

Laid upon Him the sins of the world

Cannot be portrayed...by any human being...

His sufferings there is impossible for any one to act out...

but it is possible to receive GOD'S FREE GIFT

as David the Psalmist wrote...

Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

#437577 May 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry to hear of the loss of your son.The loss of a child is devastating for the parents.I feel your pain.I have loss a child also and the hurt never goes away but you are correct in saying that our Lord will comfort if you seek his help.
~~~~

ABUNDANT BLESSINGS TO YOU AND HERMI...Jesus has walked with us and,...He never leaves us nor forsakes us.

~~~
Jesus will walk with me,

Jesus will walk with me down thru the valley,
Jesus will walk with me over the plain;
When in the shadow or when in the sunshine,
If He goes with me I shall not complain.

Refrain

Jesus will walk with me,
He will talk with me;
He will walk with me;
In joy or in sorrow, today and tomorrow,
I know He will walk with me.

Jesus will walk with me when I am tempted,
Giving me strength as my need may demand;
When in affliction His presence is near me,
I am upheld by His almighty hand.

Refrain

Jesus will walk with me,
He will talk with me;
He will walk with me;

Jesus will walk with me, guarding me ever,
Giving me victory thru storm and thru strife;
He is my Comforter, Counselor, Leader,
Over the uneven journey of life.

Refrain

Jesus will walk with me,
He will talk with me;
He will walk with me;

Jesus will walk with me in life’s fair morning,
And when the shadows of evening must come;
Living or dying, He will not forsake me.
Jesus will walk with me all the way home.

Refrain

Jesus will walk with me,
He will talk with me;
He will walk with me;

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437578 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
In part, quite true. As beliefs are part of one's experience.
Faith is quite a different matter.
Faith in your specific religious dogmas IS your belief. They are one and the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 3 min Polaris 4
New York schools: No class on Muslim holiday 12 min Polaris 6
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 13 min HughBe 212,305
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 16 min Conservative Demo... 219,731
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 17 min Not Yet Equal 1,151
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min waaasssuuup 235,760
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 24 min DanFromSmithville 16,852
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 hr La Quenelle de Di... 413,528
More from around the web