Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,072)

Showing posts 421,421 - 421,440 of530,104
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so much Christianity in this poster?
Fear of death? Fear of the unknown?
To build an ego, to feel special maybe?
Loneliness, in need of a parent figure? Maybe he's defending a parent.
A need to belong, yearning for attention perhaps?
Delusions serve a deep need.
...Why so much hatred in this poster???

Stanley says its typical of hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.

Go Figure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Many black people are in prison simply because they can't hire the best lawyers.
Courts are not about serving truth. The issue is about who wins the cases.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Innocence Project
The Innocence Project was founded in 1992 by Barry Scheck and Peter Neufeld. To date, the Innocence Project has freed 305 wrongfully convicted people, including 18 who spent time on death row.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_Projec...
...Have you ever offered to 'house' some of these supposedly wrongfully, convicted people???...until they got back on their feet???

We don't think so.

Go Figure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
At one time in America those who were black could not hire a lawyer.
Because black people were not allowed by the white Christians to read and learn, they had no rights. And white Lawyers would not ever dream of taking the case of a black person, as they were terrified of those in religion such as the members of the Ku Klux Klan.
Now, many of these racists are simply jealous that black men and women have become lawyers and can assist those of their own race to have a taste of white "justice."
...At one time in the world, no one could hire a lawyer.

There weren't any, until White people educated themselves and made the laws. Someone had to.

Next time you are 'downTown' and lost late in the night in a Black neighborhood, go into an alleyway to get directions.

Of course, you can drive around until you know that you are in a White neighborhood. Ollie and I are sure you will feel more comfortable. Yes!!!

Go Figure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the honesty.
No, I'm tan but not black. I believe I have different life experiences. I played sports with blacks. A black man saved my life once. I guess I'm not as prone to that kind of bigotry.
Thanks for helping to make my point.
...When we say 'most' we do not mean ALL.

Ollie saved the life of several Black men way 'back in the day'.

But we both know that you are glad that you are 'Tan' and NOT Black.

So does Diana Ross, Rihanna, Halle Berry, and even SickMickJackson when he finally began to 'change' color.

Go Figure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Turn humans loose in religion and many will fight to the death in the claim that they know the one and only truth of the hereafter and that THEY will be the ones favored by the gods.
More serial killers were leaders of religions than can ever be counted, and they waxed proud in the claims of owning truth, as their swords "mean"while dripped with the blood of victims.
For the most part it seems the only thing we learn from history is how to keep repeating the same patterns and then wondering why the results are always the same.
.....Turn humans loose in any non-religious sect and many will fight to the death in the claim that they know the one and only truth of the hereafter doesn't exist...until they suckIN their last breath and go out like someOne sceaming their heads off after falling off a building.

More serial killers were hAtheists and wannabeeAtheists than can ever be counted and they waxed proud in their claims of there being no GOD.

Genghis Khan, Napoleon, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Gaddaahafffii, and a whole pissPot of others were hAtheists....and anyone who wilfully is part of this pact of murderers. They have NO religion about them.

Go Figure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Even had Jesus existed, which I don't believe occurred ... it would have been long after his death that the Catholics started writing supposed quotes uttered by the supposed savior of ONLY those of the Catholic faith.
I could swear right now that one of my deceased neighbors said such and such and such, and make up the most flamboyant story, and my neighbor would not be able to come to her own defend and say "I never would have said something of the sort! You made that up!!!"
And who would know that I had just made up a huge lie?
...Both Stanley and I give you credit though.

Credit for remaining consistant in being full of schidt to the eyeballs.

Been visiting 'Death Row' lately!!!!!!!!!.Making any donations towards the help of those you kinda figure are innocent???

Go Figure

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
...At one time in the world, no one could hire a lawyer.
White lawyers abounded in America at a time when black humans weren't allowed to even learn to read.

Therefore they had no one to side with them. And that is the truth.

Native Indians suffered the same fate at the hands of the aggressive Christians who were certain that they were god's representatives on earth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Aretha123 wrote:
What is the practical attitude of Catholicism today to other faiths? It was well expressed at the Assisi "world day of prayer for peace" hosted by Pope John Paul II at the shrine of the peace-lover Francis on 27 October 1986. There, in welcoming "representatives of the Christian Churches and Ecclesial Communities and World Religions," the Pope drew attention to the fact that "the form and content of our prayers are very different... and there can be no question of reducing them to a kind of common denominator," while also insisting that a "common ground" could be found in the "dimension of prayer, which in the very real diversity of religions tries to express communication with a Power above all human forces."
...The Holy Roman Catholic Church is the One True Church.

Stan and Ollie

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
...Have you ever offered to 'house' some of these supposedly wrongfully, convicted people???...until they got back on their feet???
We don't think so.
Go Figure
I haven't offered to house anybody ... black or white.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
...Why so much hatred in this poster???
Stanley says its typical of hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.
Go Figure
Look in mirror if you want to see hate.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Marge?
did you read the part,'do this in remembrance of me'?

We are to remember His sacrifice, not re-sacrifice Him.

I read your quotes Regina, we are your same heretics today as we were back then, we don't believe in the real presense the way you do.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Jesus instituted a visible Church. It's in the Bible.
The bible didn't build a church
And neither would a Jew
A Jew would build a synagogue
Not a Catholic pew

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
And perhaps you are wrong about me?
Maybe ... and maybe not. It's all opinion.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If I am made in the image of God, then I need look but within myself.
I have studied the Bible, Koran, Gitan, and Buddhist writings as well.
Why would you deny me, my Christian name, my God?
Image of what god? The one that create evil?

I can't deny you a belief in a specific image of a god. Only you can make that claim.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

It's quite fascinating to watch Catholics and Protestants squabbling over who is the favorite of a Jewish god.

:)

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

RUN RUN RUN

Hail the size of golf balls
Tornadoes 'round the bend
Overflowing volcanoes
Hellfire is the trend

RUN RUN RUN

The god is on the warpath
Disease most everywhere
Evil through the devil
There is no time to spare

RUN RUN RUN

The end of time is drawing nigh
God's judgement day is near
Convert to Christianity
It will calm your fear

RUN RUN RUN

June VanDerMark

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

And then there is the dalai lama who believes that in between giggles he can meditate himself into Nirvana.

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

We are not Greek..no..in that time it is as it is been Greek as well after Roman empire..you liked say deference..

We speaking about people who believe.
Christian church exist..if they say we are deference..Jesus Christ is some name..now which person and how many you liked transform into Jesus Christ..
'many many will come in my name its not me'
Jesus Christ words is perfect.

I am speaking about heavenly position and planetary system which can challenge anything on this planet much more.
Map which is forgotten.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

It seems that the theology of pope Peter got the shaft as Siricius became known as the first pope ... "father" of the other bishops.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

At the first ecumenical councils, only certain representatives of the “Pope” participated. That title was adopted by Siricius (384—99), who thus proclaimed himself the “father” and not the “brother” of the other bishops

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

The salvation of Christians, those inside or outside the "True Church", whatever this may be, depends on the all-good, allwise and all-powerful God, who acts in the Church but also through other "ways." God's saving grace is also channelled outside the Church. It cannot be assumed that salvation is denied them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 421,421 - 421,440 of530,104
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••