Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665622 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Ardross, Australia

#436909 May 2, 2013
i try express anger too
how its look
very nice

i died after 92 days when i come in this country

could you trust your doctors teachers family friends and so on

i can't any more..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#436910 May 2, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>Dont come at me like I was denying it is Christ's Church. He did not found any Church so that members of the Church could go around saying THE ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH over and over. You speak of it as if it is your Church. Your weapon to hold over others. If it is His Church then give it to Him. It is not the Catholic's church that they can use to swagger and boast. It is Christ's Church. Represent Him and His teachings.
Jesus Christ founded and established (one universal Church) and it was heirarchica, authoritative and visible. This is confirmed in Acts 2 with the Churches in Antioch, Ephesus, Corinth, Thessalonica, Galatia--which were all directed and ministered by the Apostoles with Bishops, priests, elder and deacons (Acts 2)
Now where did Jesus ever said He was leaving His Apostles, disciples and followers a bible. Nowhere did Jesus ever say that his church was to be "loosely held together" using the bible alone at arriving at the truth. However, what Paul said in I Timothy 3:15 was that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH---and---it has been "just that" for over 2000 years. Your editorialized interpretation of the bible and "fictitious (personal opinions) have never, nor will ever change that TRUTH.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436911 May 2, 2013
i told you evil is so long in matrix
so nice evil
yep

they not care for anyone they destruct anything and anyone who go against them
yes does meter which church religion atheist politician this or that

no deferenceeeeeeeeeee

billions billions people don't have rights for anythings
much more

time will comeeeeeeeee
don't be afraid about heavenly peace
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss

heavenly peace
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436914 May 2, 2013
thanks you worried for me
oh you must be very nice person
to late for your help

i will died ones more
no i don't have nothing in my power as gun mobile this or that no i am so poor

but its already somewhere something
are you scare of me
or
fill sorry ..i mean pity-full over me..
thanks
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436915 May 2, 2013
i am good person
i don't used drugs alcohol guns poison..no
i never think take my life off no

if you see future
its delusion=are you alright my friend
ho ho ho santa closeeeee
my the best friend is cup of coffe
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436917 May 2, 2013
yes i am perfect inner-self to reverse any anger or any problem even heavy cross..o well if someone on my place i think they going died every day..

we are not far away as we think as your distance..
new innovation will confirm everything but its say on very ordinary way evil=power..anger ordinary humans can control just nice walk it finish
but anger as technology not exist
only one things implemented finish

did i spend money personally no..i don't have money..
if someone have its ok
me i am not jelouse over that..
see
R+r+r=as otpor your politicians call that revolutionary
R+R+R=MOTOR OR FORCE

creator created you that you can created with mind and hand..yes all of you do
on the end what?
because of that i am sick angry desturb..see which spirit dilling..try tell you expression..
now
i see before as pure every city on this planet stay
5 by 5 by 5 line and much more

me i don't done nothing at all

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#436918 May 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ founded and established (one universal Church) and it was heirarchica, authoritative and visible. This is confirmed in Acts 2 with the Churches in Antioch, Ephesus, Corinth, Thessalonica, Galatia--which were all directed and ministered by the Apostoles with Bishops, priests, elder and deacons (Acts 2)
Now where did Jesus ever said He was leaving His Apostles, disciples and followers a bible. Nowhere did Jesus ever say that his church was to be "loosely held together" using the bible alone at arriving at the truth. However, what Paul said in I Timothy 3:15 was that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH---and---it has been "just that" for over 2000 years. Your editorialized interpretation of the bible and "fictitious (personal opinions) have never, nor will ever change that TRUTH.
I never said it was the True Church. You are locked into some kind of warp. I said your throwing this up in people's faces 24-7 is not representative of the Churchs founder- Christ.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#436919 May 2, 2013
CORRECTION
I never said it was NOT the True Church. You are locked into some kind of warp. I said your throwing this up in people's faces 24-7 is not representative of the Churchs founder- Christ
Clay

Garden City, MI

#436920 May 2, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
For one, Clay, Maccabess is totally out of alignment with other scripture and is plainly contrary to it.
It looks like you cannote refute the scripture I quoted.(NO the Catholic Church didn't write or even possess the Bible).
Some were burned at the stake with their Bible tied around their neck. This shows the abject contempt Catholics held for the scriptures. They HATED the Bible and banned it from laity.
NOTICE: Your quote mentions "...those who had fallen would rise again,... splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall <<<asleep>>> in godliness"
Yet you believe the dead go straight to Heaven.
Strange. I have been ridiculed for quoting many texts saying that the dead are unconscious and are asleep waiting for a resurrection. Yet that is again evident in the verses from 2 Maccabees 12: 44-46.
Strange. Very strange.
I don't believe the dead go straight to Heaven.

'asleep' is not literally dreaming and snoring. Its definitely a way to describe souls awaiting their destination..

We know from the Book of Maccabbees, that at least one Jewish sect believed in praying for the dead. These devout Jews wrote about 200 - 100 yrs Before the birth of Christ.

Purgatory:
souls not purified enough to be in the presence of God, but not tainted enough to be in Hell.

So who are you to say that the Book of Maccabbee s 1 & 2 are not part of the Bible?
If God wants those Books in there, and you take them out, you best hope you have authorization to do so. And i can tell you right now, you have no authority to determine the canon of the Bible. You have no authority to teach the scriptures either.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436921 May 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Dad is the authority on sacred scripture huh?
Tell me Marge, why are the Books of Tobit and 1 & 2 Maccabees not scripture?
Those books were written during the 400 years of Israel's captivity
when God did not speak through the prophets so they were not God breathed/inspired by God. They were historical accounts of man. The bible is the inspired word of God.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#436922 May 2, 2013
*correction: I said "I don't believe the dead go straight to Heaven"
Of course, Some dead go straight to Heaven. I was talking about the ones who are unclean.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#436923 May 2, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Those books were written during the 400 years of Israel's captivity
when God did not speak through the prophets so they were not God breathed/inspired by God. They were historical accounts of man. The bible is the inspired word of God.
Oh ok. Who said God couldn't speak thru them anyway?
What about the Book of Tobit and Sirach?

What are you going to do if God wants those Books in the Bible and you removed them??

I wouldn't listen to Martin Luther Ella. The man had no authority to determine scriptural canon. He went against God and now you don't have enough Bible in your Bible.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436924 May 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok. Who said God couldn't speak thru them anyway?
What about the Book of Tobit and Sirach?
What are you going to do if God wants those Books in the Bible and you removed them??
I wouldn't listen to Martin Luther Ella. The man had no authority to determine scriptural canon. He went against God and now you don't have enough Bible in your Bible.
When a true believer is in error, they are convicted by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides us in the truth because he is the Spirit of Truth. I have never been led by the power of the Holy Spirit to read those books. As for Martin Luther, he was a catholic who saw error in the catholic church's doctrine and spoke out against it, so others would not fall into error. He was acting in accordance to the Word of God. He took a stand on TRUTH as written in the Word of God..
bete sillassie

Ethiopia

#436925 May 2, 2013
Jesus Christ says"please father give excuse for them,because they didnot know what they did."from ETHIOPIA,i am ORTHODOX TEWAHIDO.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436926 May 2, 2013
so what if are you..you need be good person..not to wish what others want..future will be deference etiopians

just put your hands=sklopi ruke=hand in prayers
sklopi oci=close your eyes=what you see
'in middle blue as river light around'=bible

there not wrote are you Ethiopian

Jesus words is perfect
there and there here or here
its within you

sweet Jesus
wicket is wicket and try ruin what is good on evil way
Clay

Garden City, MI

#436927 May 2, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
When a true believer is in error, they are convicted by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides us in the truth because he is the Spirit of Truth. I have never been led by the power of the Holy Spirit to read those books. As for Martin Luther, he was a catholic who saw error in the catholic church's doctrine and spoke out against it, so others would not fall into error. He was acting in accordance to the Word of God. He took a stand on TRUTH as written in the Word of God..
That's silly. I don't know how you guys convince yourselves the Holy Spirit is guiding you to scriptural truth, when none of you agree on very key Christian teachings.

The Catholic Church does not error on scriptural teachings.
Someone has to be protected from error, right? If it ain't the CC, then which one of you 45,000 are the lucky ones?
Christ promised His Church would be protected from error. So I'm sticking with the Church who was there from day one. Yours was started a couple hundred yrs ago and they do not teach the same as the Apostles. Be careful of that fact Ella.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436928 May 2, 2013
i sit in cathedral on side where mother Mary meet Jesus under cross..now..you don't need care are you going sing or going read or sit or prayers
does meter where you sit or how you look

i prefer prayers..o does meter if you shouting even so loud..who care until you become slowly peaceful oh..

i see..my mind..so pure as tears yes white but as you see water pure nice clean..up to me..come in your church..o don't worry even if they jealous..you don't need be jealous..
no..you don't need worried what they say..no

sklopi svoje ruke=hand in prayers
sklopi svoje oci=close your eyes..
see white pure blue and yellow as river
so beautiful
http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre17httcolor.h...
first i see myself in red eye i walk trough passage

now
http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre17httcolor.h...
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436929 May 2, 2013
I am Catholic..but who love Jesus i love them too.
Michael

Canada

#436930 May 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
*correction: I said "I don't believe the dead go straight to Heaven"
Of course, Some dead go straight to Heaven. I was talking about the ones who are unclean.
(lol) Quit making stuff up!

.......You tell everyone we are all sinners, then you must be unclean and a sinner like everyone else in the world.

you somehow believe you are better than others?(lol)

UNBELIEVABLE!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#436932 May 2, 2013
continued

“The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. They have one purpose and will give their power and authority to the beast. They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because He is LORD of lords and KING of kings—and with Him will be His called, chosen and faithful followers.”

Then the angel said to me,“The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages. The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish His purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled. The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

GOD’S Last Warning Messages to a dying world:

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/14.ht... vs. 6-13 & http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/18.ht...

http://www.wake-up.org/Alpha/Chapter10.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min crucifiedguy 4,742
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 22 min Mrs Sunny 503,895
News Van Jones: Prince wanted Obama to outlaw birthd... 23 min Caciques a liar 23
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 31 min Flurtz3940 21,884
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 56 min Joel 256,040
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? V... (Oct '15) 1 hr Barmsweb 146
News Muslim group speaks out selling items forbidden... 1 hr Marco the atheist 24
More from around the web