Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
418,621 - 418,640 of 537,051 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

who="Religion - A Delusion"
Does God get the "desired fellowship" from Hindus, Muslims and Jews?

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, OF ALL NATIONS AND KINDREDS, AND PEOPLE AND TONGUES, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitS upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Every question we have is answered in The Book. Jesus said, "He that comes to Me, I will in no way cast him/her out." John saw 'a number which no one could count, and it included those from 'every nation and kindred and people and tongues.'

A missionary preached Jesus to an island tribe. Afterwards an old man approached him with tears, and said, "Tell me His name AGAIN. I've known Him for a long time, but I did not know His name!"

Jesus is appearing to many people (Muslims included) in dreams and visions, and they are receiving Him. I correspond with a family in a Muslim country who have found Him, and they are preaching Him at a great cost.

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"And Jesus saw, as he passed on his way, a man who had been blind from his birth. 2 Whereupon his disciples asked him, Master, was this man guilty of sin, or was it his parents, that he should have been born blind?[1] 3 Neither he nor his parents were guilty, Jesus answered; it was so that God’s action might declare itself in him."
Love, compassion, charity, understanding, patience, and perseverence are just some of the virtues that will increase in my family as a result my grandson having Down syndrome. Not to mention the fact that this sinless child is destined to spend eternity in the presence of God. The rest of us poor "intelligent" sinners will have to work out our salvation in fear and trembling.
"Not to mention the fact that this sinless child is destined to spend eternity in the presence of God."

What happened to original sin??? He ain't got it?? What about "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"????

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

God does not know these people exist....UNTIL THEY CALL UPON HIM...

GOD DOES NOT KNOW A PERSON THAT HAS NOT BEEN BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...

THERE ARE.... EVEN....SOME PEOPLE.... THAT THINK .... THEY ARE

CHRISTIANS ...THAT GOD DOES NOT KNOW...

___

READ WHAT JESUS SAID...

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

~~~
God kept his word...even....when an ass was used by Him to speak it forth...TO A DISOBEDIENT PROPHET...

but AFTER IT WAS OVER/after the fact ....the one that spoke it

forth.... she was still an ass..

~~~~

Read about it

Num 22:23 And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.

Num 22:24 But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.

Num 22:25 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.

Num 22:26 And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.

Num 22:27 ==>And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.

Num 22:28 ---> And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Num 22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

Num 22:30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay. <---

Num 22:31 Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.

Num 22:32 And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me:

NOTE-->
Num 22:33 And the ass saw me, and turned from me these three times: unless she had turned from me, surely now also I had slain thee, and saved her alive.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not to mention the fact that this sinless child is destined to spend eternity in the presence of God."
What happened to original sin??? He ain't got it?? What about "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"????
Take your stupid word play with our Bible and stick it where the sun don't shine. You're a pathetic excuse for a human being. I'm bothered that you refer to yourself as a Christian. There is nothing about you that looks anything like the Christ- nor the scriptures for that matter.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, OF ALL NATIONS AND KINDREDS, AND PEOPLE AND TONGUES, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitS upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Every question we have is answered in The Book. Jesus said, "He that comes to Me, I will in no way cast him/her out." John saw 'a number which no one could count, and it included those from 'every nation and kindred and people and tongues.'
A missionary preached Jesus to an island tribe. Afterwards an old man approached him with tears, and said, "Tell me His name AGAIN. I've known Him for a long time, but I did not know His name!"
Jesus is appearing to many people (Muslims included) in dreams and visions, and they are receiving Him. I correspond with a family in a Muslim country who have found Him, and they are preaching Him at a great cost.
KayMarie
You didn't answer.

Does God get the "desired fellowship" (as you described) from Hindus, Muslims and Jews?

Yes or no... and why?

Simple question.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your stupid word play with our Bible and stick it where the sun don't shine. You're a pathetic excuse for a human being. I'm bothered that you refer to yourself as a Christian. There is nothing about you that looks anything like the Christ- nor the scriptures for that matter.
When you post something that shows any degree of intelligence, I will respond..
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They will either avoid to answer these questions ... period ... or they will avoid them by posting more biblical scriptures that they cherry-pluck from their buy-bulls that they believe reinforce the idea that a JEW died on a cross to save Christians.
:)
So far, you are a prophet.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

who="Oxbow"

Jesus left the honor, glory and luxury of heaven to come to earth and suffer the reproach, hatred and torture of the ungodly, IN ORDER TO PAY THE DEBT OF SIN FOR ALL MEN.

After the crucifixion He went into hell and preached the gospel (good news of God's love) to all those of Noah's time, giving them opportunity to receive that love.
(1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.)

One Who suffered so much for us, and Who went so far to make provision for everyone who would receive Him, will not 'leave one stone unturned' in order to reach everyone.

As for 'all have sinned'... God knows ALL things...we don't...so I am happy to let HIM take care of those children. His judgment is ALWAYS fair and right...AND HE WILL NOT MISTREAT ONE OF THEM.. I don't have to worry about it for a minute.

KayMarie
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

zander714 wrote:
<quoted text>
Double ditto, very well stated.
Everything but a direct answer. Maybe this poster will try.

Do you believe God cares whether you are Protestant or Catholic or Jew or Hindu or Muslim (which is based almost entirely on the region in which you were born btw)?

Yes or no. If yes, please explain why.

(Note that it's difficult to answer specific questions about an imaginary being.)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

You didn't answer.
Does God get the "desired fellowship" (as you described) from Hindus, Muslims and Jews?
Yes or no... and why?
Simple question.
Yes I did answer. Like a good parent, the love and trust of that child fulfills the parent's desire. Our trust in His provision is all that He needs.
KM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

<quoted text>
You didn't answer.
Yes or no... and why?
Simple question.
~~~

GOD TELLS US BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS...

IN

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

DO YOU BELIEVE... GOD WILL DO... WHAT HE TELLS US NOT TO DO...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
...the idea that a JEW died on a cross to save Christians.

Jesus came first for the Jews. They rejected the messiah and were then cut off. The old covenant - that is the sacrificial system of the Hebrews - ended with the final sacrifice, Jesus the lamb who takes away the sins of the world. Jesus came to save all who accept him, their creator. The Bible is not bull, pagan evolution theories are.
Jesus was foretold to come in the OT book of Daniel giving the exact year he would come. Many Jews did count the days of that prophecy (Daniel 9:24-27) and did convert to Christian. Early Christianity was entirely Jews.
It's a silly argument: "the Jew came to save Christians". He did come first to the Jews but then turned to the Gentile -- all who believe. And this was not the founding of the Roman Church. Im no Catholic. The first Christians were the Nazarenes. The Roman Church did not begin until 300 years later.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The very idea of fame scares me. I'm very content with a quiet life.
you don't have to use your real name,you can remain anonymous. and make a good buck,then send 10% to me for the idea lol
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Do you believe God cares whether you are Protestant or Catholic or Jew or Hindu or Muslim (which is based almost entirely on the region in which you were born btw)?
Yes or no. If yes, please explain why.
(Note that it's difficult to answer specific questions about an imaginary being.)

There's nothing imaginary about Jesus. The other religions are false often kept in spiritual bondage by the state.
Even Protestants, such as the USA, find themselves in a secular state school. If they ever find Jesus it is usually much later in life.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Leviticus 21 - 17 “Say to Aaron:‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God.

18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed;

19 no man with a crippled foot or hand,

20 or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles.

OK, interpret or explain all you want. This is one of many examples of why this book is certainly not the work of God.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="jethro8" if true,jesus was a heretic,he was considered a threat to the powers that be in his day,as his popularity grew the more of a danger he was to the paranoid higharchy,so he had to be disposed of, like so many before him who stepped out of line. god allowed people to be killed for no real reason,WHY?
Jesus was considered a heretic by the religious and legal folk...who were the REAL heretics. His display of the truth was more than they could stand; it revealed their wrongs.
Good and evil are like opposing winds. Man's will is the determining factor. We are not robots that God winds up, and turns them in a particular direction. Men DO do heinous things, murder, etc. God has given us instructions, which, if we follow, will keep us from violence. He will not judge us on what we 'might have done', while restraining us from doing wrong things. He will judge us on WHAT WE REALLY DID.
A believing, praying and obedient people ARE A FORCE AGAINST EVIL.
God does not 'allow' evil...MEN permit it or resist it.
Don't blame Him...
KayMarie
he is the creator of everything,that makes him responsible.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews are NOT Catholic ... although the first ones to create the Catholic religion WERE break-away traitor-Jews.
catholic MEAN universal; universe mean all creation. Church is people, a group, a gathering.
We are still trying to figure out if there is other planets with people on it. So what alien's do you know that the RCC has in their religious sect, and what planet are they from or what solar system.
Because this is earth, not the whole universe June.
God's True Church are people, not a denomination.
So the catholic church does not exist, it is made up by and old grumpy man who sat himself up as vicar of Christ, and named himself as ruler of the "universal church," making himself out to be a god.
Your soul has been harden by their lies June.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came first for the Jews. They rejected the messiah and were then cut off. The old covenant - that is the sacrificial system of the Hebrews - ended with the final sacrifice, Jesus the lamb who takes away the sins of the world. Jesus came to save all who accept him, their creator. The Bible is not bull, pagan evolution theories are.
Jesus was foretold to come in the OT book of Daniel giving the exact year he would come. Many Jews did count the days of that prophecy (Daniel 9:24-27) and did convert to Christian. Early Christianity was entirely Jews.
It's a silly argument: "the Jew came to save Christians". He did come first to the Jews but then turned to the Gentile -- all who believe. And this was not the founding of the Roman Church. Im no Catholic. The first Christians were the Nazarenes. The Roman Church did not begin until 300 years later.
Hello mainstream Christians.

Is this poster delusional?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it appeared on mine as well but my anti-virus caught it.
I had to call microsoft and fix my pc,for a $100.00 i get 3 yrs free service so i take advantage of it,i wound up with 29 bugs.,and i think it's clay,he was the last person i posted to when i got the warning.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All people in all religious cults believe that their gods or goddesses give them "heads-up" treatment. If that were not so, they would not be in the cults.
Having been under the spell of religion, I understand that it was a cosy, fuzzy feeling to believe that the all-powerful god was a friend on which I could always rely.
But the extreme suffering of non-human forms of life added to all human suffering niggled at me, until I finally decided that religion didn't make any sense whatsoever, and that there had to be a more credible explanation.
and there is a better explanation.....EVOLUTION!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••