Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650731 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Union, NJ

#429186 Mar 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I SEE YOU AS THE POT.... CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK...
While Revelation is not to be changed...NEITHER IS THE REST OF GOD'S WORD.
EDITING GOD'S WORD SEEMS TO BE ... YOUR FORT..
I DO NOT KNOW ..what Soc is inserting...But I know what you have been
posting over the years...and I find your opinions neither valid
credible, nor scriptural...
Every inch of Catholicsm can some way, shape or form be found in scripture.
Unlike the Pentecostal movement, the CC didn't read Bible passages and then form a Church.
The Church, Sacred tradition, and Sacred Scripture flow together in one breath.
It was the Church and Sacred tradition that gave the world the Bible.
Remember, Jesus Christ nor His Apostles never commanded a Bible be produced.
It takes a brave bold individual to snatch the Scriptures from the Church and use it against her.

Besides Confrint, what good does it do to read Sacred Scripture from the eyes of a 21st century lense? Why not read the writings of the first Christians if you're truly interested in what those Bible verses mean..
Clay

Union, NJ

#429187 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The encouragement of the government for same sex marriage is that the population of the nation might be controlled.
God is the only one that has the authority to control the populations
of nations by closing and opening the wombs of the females..
Lust is rampant, and ungodliness is currently popular.
respect for all that is sacred is only a memory.
images, and icons and statues of corruptible man ...have replaced God,
beads rosary's and chanting has replaced fervent prayer.
Worship has become an empty ritual,
A Holy life is scoffed at, and righteous is seldom mentioned.
priest and preachers have become homosexuals...and perverts.
divorce can be bought and call annulment,
Witchcraft,.... seance's Channeling PATRON SAINTS for protection is the order of the day.
Adoration and Songs of praise's are sang to the queen of heaven,
I REST MY CASE...
I would like to add:
Pretending to speak in tongues and brain washing children to think their speaking in tongues is a tragedy. As well as mocking the Blessed Mother and Eucharist.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429188 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The encouragement of the government for same sex marriage is that the population of the nation might be controlled.
God is the only one that has the authority to control the populations
of nations by closing and opening the wombs of the females..
Lust is rampant, and ungodliness is currently popular.
respect for all that is sacred is only a memory.
images, and icons and statues of corruptible man ...have replaced God,
beads rosary's and chanting has replaced fervent prayer.
Worship has become an empty ritual,
A Holy life is scoffed at, and righteous is seldom mentioned.
priest and preachers have become homosexuals...and perverts.
divorce can be bought and call annulment,
Witchcraft,.... seance's Channeling PATRON SAINTS for protection is the order of the day.
Adoration and Songs of praise's are sang to the queen of heaven,
I REST MY CASE...
Ok What does that have to do with a Preist, Rev, and a rabi gambling ?

LOL
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#429189 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
THE BIBLE SAYS..
1Pe_4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
If a preacher or a priest cannot practice what he preaches..
How can they expect those that hear them to live what they have preached.
This business of .... do as I say.... and not as I do... is fruitless
I liked the Rabbi's answer didn't YOU ?

snicker
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429190 Mar 22, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
But above all, never forget -- the world is against you and your church.
:o)
Yes---over 2000 years of Catholic Saints who were persecuted, tortured and martyred for their faith in Jesus Christ --proves your point! And the world "continues" to spread their, hostility, vengeance and hate against the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church....... Many of you bible only Protestants have "joined forces" with the abortionists,and the homosexual(gay marriage) community, in order to promote your "secular humanism" and "political correct" agenda that has "polluted many of the Protestant Churches and the faith of many (good intention) "fallen away" Christians..... However----false teachers, heretics and those who "hate" Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church----have "come and gone" for over 2000 years and will CONTINUE to come and go------YET-----THE CHURCH "CONTINUES" TO LIVE ON-----Just like Jesus said it would!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#429191 Mar 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

Besides Confrint, what good does it do to read Sacred Scripture from the eyes of a 21st century lense? Why not read the writings of the first Christians if you're truly interested in what those Bible verses mean..
The Bible actually says;

'It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that has heard, and has learned of the Father, comes unto me.'

and

'As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.'

No mention of the 'first christians' Clay. Your teachers are FALSE.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#429192 Mar 22, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother Love as Jesus taught.
Pray loudly and condemn those not like you.
The Truth of the RCC according to the hojos of the world.
Hate your country. All allegiance to a foreign power.
Good luck promoting your church.
The condemning of the Catholic Church began over 500 years at the Protestant Reformation. AND you Free Mind, are just an extention of that "condemnation" that has accelerated on this forum. The fact is Free Mind, that you use the word "hate" in attempt to "justify--your own" Protestant hostile attitude against the TRUE faith and Salvation of those who "follow, believe, worship and adhere to" Jesus Christ in and through His One True Catholic.
Church...... All Christians are OUR ECUMENTICAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS in Christ as Catholics and Protestants..... It is unfortunate that you "fundies" don't seem to want to recognize that TRUTH!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#429194 Mar 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to add:
Pretending to speak in tongues and brain washing children to think their speaking in tongues is a tragedy. As well as mocking the Blessed Mother and Eucharist.
~~~

You are so ignorant of the Bible that it is pathetic.

NEW TESTAMENT

Just what do you believe that John Baptist meant when He said.

OF JESUS

Mat_3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:

-->he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Luk_3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose:-->he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

OR JESUS IN THE BOOK OF MARK...

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; -->they shall speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

NOTE
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Co 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

1Co 14:2 --> For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1Co 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

1Co 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

___

OLD TESTAMENT

Or Isaiah

Isa 28:11 ---> For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Isa 28:12 To whom he said,-->This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

I AN TERRIBLY THAT PEOPLE SUCH AS YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU KNOW MORE THAN GOD DOES...

#429195 Mar 22, 2013
="Clay"
Every inch of Catholicsm can some way, shape or form be found in scripture.
Unlike the Pentecostal movement, the CC didn't read Bible passages and then form a Church.
The Church, Sacred tradition, and Sacred Scripture flow together in one breath.
It was the Church and Sacred tradition that gave the world the Bible.
Remember, Jesus Christ nor His Apostles never commanded a Bible be produced.
It takes a brave bold individual to snatch the Scriptures from the Church and use it against her.

Acts 2 shows where the church was endued with the Pentecostal power. Jesus commissioned the Apostles to go into all the world (Mt.2:19,20)(Mk. 15-18).and make converts (forming the church)...but he instructed them NOT to attempt that (Acts 1:4,5,8)(Acts2:1-4)before being empowered with the Pentecostal power.

Mark16:20. And they went forth, and preached every where,THE LORD WORKING WITH THEM, AND CONFIRMING THE WORD WITH SIGNS FOLLOWING. AMEN. Every where they went, they laid hands on the new converts who received the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

Yes, my friend...you can find Catholicism in the Bible. Read Jeremiah 44, especially verses 17 and 25. The whole chapter reveals God's thoughts about it.

You see, we DO read the writings of those first Christians. But we read the whole Bible as well.

#429196 Mar 22, 2013
Yes, my friend...you can find Catholicism in the Bible. Read Jeremiah 44, especially verses 17 and 25. The whole chapter reveals God's thoughts about it.
~~~~
Jer 44:16 As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the LORD, we will not hearken unto thee.

Jer 44:17 But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

Jer 44:18 But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

Jer 44:19 And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

Jer 44:20 Then Jeremiah said unto all the people, to the men, and to the women, and to all the people which had given him that answer, saying,

Jer 44:21 The incense that ye burned in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, ye, and your fathers, your kings, and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the LORD remember them, and came it not into his mind?

Jer 44:22 So that the LORD could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day.

Jer 44:23 Because ye have burned incense, and because ye have sinned against the LORD, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, nor walked in his law, nor in his statutes, nor in his testimonies; therefore this evil is happened unto you, as at this day.

Jer 44:24 Moreover Jeremiah said unto all the people, and to all the women, Hear the word of the LORD, all Judah that are in the land of Egypt:

Jer 44:25 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

Jer 44:26 Therefore hear ye the word of the LORD, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord GOD liveth.

Jer 44:27 Behold, I will watch over them for evil, and not for good: and all the men of Judah that are in the land of Egypt shall be consumed by the sword and by the famine, until there be an end of them.

BE SURE OF THIS ON THING..

yOUR SINS WILL FIND YOU OUT...COME JUDGMENT DAY...

Location hidden

#429197 Mar 22, 2013
179 113
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"God measures..."
Too bad modern medicine, modern forensic science, America's legal system and America's defense system are not based on fundie Biblical, anti-evolution, anti-science ideals.
Then we could all be as backward and small minded as the fundies. The stars are for signs and we could all go to family parties to pick up chicks, just like Adam and Eve's kids.
lol
Yea also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom faileth him, and he saith to every one that he is a fool.

#429198 Mar 22, 2013
who="hojo"
The condemning of the Catholic Church began over 500 years at the Protestant Reformation. AND you Free Mind, are just an extention of that "condemnation" that has accelerated on this forum. The fact is Free Mind, that you use the word "hate" in attempt to "justify--your own" Protestant hostile attitude against the TRUE faith and Salvation of those who "follow, believe, worship and adhere to" Jesus Christ in and through His One True Catholic.
Church...... All Christians are OUR ECUMENTICAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS in Christ as Catholics and Protestants..... It is unfortunate that you "fundies" don't seem to want to recognize that TRUTH!

I am happy to read the last part of this post. I believe that it may have been your first kind statement toward Protestants. I, too, believe that we are Ecumenical brothers and sisters IN CHRIST. We do however have some fundamental differences, and only want some dialogue about them. I believe that there are many Catholics who sincerely love Jesus.

I also believe that they have been taught some practices that hinder them...practices that put Him in second place. Kissing the pope's RING? No graven images, and you shall not bow down yourselves to such images? OR to a MAN?

Earlier you posted that Protestants follow immoral practices, and lean towards being politically correct for man's sake. There are some UN-PENTECOSTAL groups who fail drastically. But I know of NO Pentecostal who approves abortion, homosexuality...OR political correctness. Nor do we believe in frequenting bar rooms, gambling, etc. Our language is clean; no cursing, etc.

CLAIMING to be a Christian does not make one a Christian. One's life must be a testimony to the POWER OF THE GOSPEL. If we believe and trust Him, he gives us power to live above such things. WE are not perfect...but HE is perfect in power...and if we do fall into temptation, He is faithful to forgive and cleanse us...if we confess those failures to HIM.(I John 1:6-10)

Jesus said to love your ENEMIES...why are professing Christians so quick to condemn others? Reason: We want to prove that WE are 'right'. God alone is RIGHT. That is why we need the Bible to be our anchor. When we learn from IT, we learn the Truth. When we trust other men, they will fail us.

#429199 Mar 22, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"God measures..."
Too bad modern medicine, modern forensic science, America's legal system and America's defense system are not based on fundie Biblical, anti-evolution, anti-science ideals.
Then we could all be as backward and small minded as the fundies. The stars are for signs and we could all go to family parties to pick up chicks, just like Adam and Eve's kids.
lol

~~~

The true BORN AGAIN believers are no longer Adam's and Eve's kids..

THEY ARE SON'S OF GOD...

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

THE SMALL MINDED.....ARE..the dummies that refuse God's love

The ones that ARE NOT BORN AGAIN have no input from God the Holy Ghost.

JESUS SAID TO THOSE THAT ARE BORN AGAIN...

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

NOTE.
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,

he will guide you into all truth:

for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and

he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me:

for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that

he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

#429200 Mar 22, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"God measures..."
lol

~~~
IF ADAM AND EVE..had not sinned in the Garden of Eden...

we would have no need for

modern medicine, modern forensic science, America's legal system and America's defense system

We would be living in the Utopia...that... GOD FIRST
CREATED.

WE WOULD HAVE NO NEED FOR HEAVEN...AND THERE WOULD BE MAN IN HELL...

~~~

HELL ACTUALLY ORIGINATED FROM THE DEVIL HIMSELF AS THE RESULT OF HIS FALL...

READ IT..

Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick;

NOTE
-->therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. <---

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429201 Mar 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/We as Catholics-----"limit ourselves" only to the TRUTH!! The TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ
The TRUE Interpretation of the Bible from the Early Church Fathers
The TRUE sources of TRUE Church History
The TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church established by Jesus HIMSELF
The TRUE Encyclical Doctrines in the Church
The TRUE Historian Apologistic Writers who confirm the TRUE FAITH
The TRUE biographies of the Lives of the Saints in the Early Church
Yes- New Age--I/We as Catholics -"do limit ourselves" and avoid (bible only) Protestant, atheistic and agnostic---heresy and false teaching!
Thank you for admitting that limited people can have the 'fullness'.

I knew it all along.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#429202 Mar 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - the only problem with your philosophy is - JESUS NEVER SAID THAT!!!
Sure he did.

It's in the "God" inspired text.

Can you prove he didn't? I haven't been able to.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429203 Mar 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---over 2000 years of Catholic Saints who were persecuted, tortured and martyred for their faith in Jesus Christ --proves your point! And the world "continues" to spread their, hostility, vengeance and hate against the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church....... Many of you bible only Protestants have "joined forces" with the abortionists,and the homosexual(gay marriage) community, in order to promote your "secular humanism" and "political correct" agenda that has "polluted many of the Protestant Churches and the faith of many (good intention) "fallen away" Christians..... However----false teachers, heretics and those who "hate" Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church----have "come and gone" for over 2000 years and will CONTINUE to come and go------YET-----THE CHURCH "CONTINUES" TO LIVE ON-----Just like Jesus said it would!!!
Agreed! The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the name of the largest, richest and most powerful Christian denomination on earth is.......

... persecuted.

All branches of the non-Catholic world are conspiring against hojo and his church.

That's the price of bringing "perfect morals" to mankind.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#429204 Mar 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
113 104 093
I am not discussing how many hours were in the day Created ending in Ge 1:5, nor the other six (6) days. I am asking "How much time lapsed between Ge 1:1 and 1:5.
Ge 1:1 and 1:2 are not in anyway part of the first day creation.
The Bible begins with the creation of the universe: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1 NIV).
This single verse describes the actual transformation of invisible energy into all of the fundamental physical matter (as summed up in Albert Einstein's famous E=mc2 equation) that would be formed into stars, planets and everything else - including us. Scientists now estimate that the great event took place approximately 15 billion years ago.
The next verse (1:2)describes the earth after its creation, long after the creation of the universe: "Now the earth was [or became] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and The Spirit of God was hovering over the waters" (Genesis 1:2 NIV). Scientists estimate the age of the earth to be about 5 billion years old - leaving an estimated 10 billion years between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.

Scientists also estimate you came from the apes and there is no God or Creator. Other scientists disagree, here's one...

Big Problems with the Big Bang Theory
with Dr. Jason Lisle
www.youtube.com/watch...
www.youtube.com/watch...

The "first day" is just what it says, the first day. Simply saying "scientists estimate" is not proof of anything. Their theories are in refute by other scientists all over the net.

The sun moon and stars were not created until the fourth day, we are told. The starlight would have been made visible at that time, just as God created Adam fully grown, otherwise the creation astronomer in the video is very sharp on this matter.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429205 Mar 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he did.
It's in the "God" inspired text.
Can you prove he didn't? I haven't been able to.
How can anyone prove anything about faith?

There's a $10,000,000 reward from the John Templeton Foundation awaiting anyone who can.

Anyone with that proof are wasting their time here :o)
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#429206 Mar 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
179 113
<quoted text>
Yea also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom faileth him, and he saith to every one that he is a fool.
Are you a fool for using modern medicine? Are you a fool for washing your hands before eating?

For many here, it's almost exclusively about ritual and mysticism.

The ethics and morals are set aside.

It's much easier to judge and condemn others when you are certain you have the answers to the greatest mysteries.

But even you sense the absurdity of that. Thus, maybe you can validate it here by quoting Bible verses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is really the beast and what is its mark? 3 min Earburner 338
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 48 min ChristineM 16,425
News Jitters In Ukraine As Politically Charged Relig... 1 hr Pro Ukraine 17
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Faith Raped by Mu... 490,510
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Richardfs 256,126
News Mass hunger 'a moral scandal' Bread president t... 3 hr Atheistgirl 4
News U.S. attorney joins Muslim community to promote... 3 hr Wow 48
More from around the web