Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654416 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#425486 Mar 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick question, even though you also never respond with a direct answer, please explain to me:
a. If there were 13 Apostles, and Peter was the first to be chosen as Pope, and more than likely those other Apostles were alive (Acts state this to be), why weren't any of those individuals considered to be the successor of Peter? You would think that they all had the same teachings.
But instead, we have many non-Apostles taking that lead position.
One would think that even "John", "Matthew" or Mark - all original Apostles, and all with gospels - show that they were much more deserving than...
St. Linus (67-76)
St. Anacletus (Cletus)(76-88)
St. Clement I (88-97)
St. Evaristus (97-105)
Shoot - even Luke doesn't get a shot at this peek position.
As I've stated in the past - what you may think as "Apostolic Succession" (from one of the original 13 Apostles) is complete.
Far from it.
Enlighten me Star with your Catholic two-step, I mean wisdom.
Sorry, I don’t do the 2 step, zumba is my dance!!

They voted, much like today.
The wisdom will come from the Apostles.

“After the Holy Apostles (Peter and Paul) had founded and set the Church in order (in Rome) they gave over the exercise of the episcopal office to Linus. The same Linus is mentioned by St. Paul in his Epistle to Timothy. His successor was Anacletus”

Among the apostles there were two groups. The first consisted of the Twelve, who witnessed the whole of Christ's earthly ministry from his baptism to his Ascension (Acts 1:21-26). The second group of apostles, including Paul and Barnabas (Acts 14:14), was not bound by this condition. Thus Paul had seen and been commissioned as an apostle by the risen Christ (1 Cor. 9:1, Gal. 1:1), though he had not been a disciple of Jesus during his earthly ministry (Acts 9, 1 Cor. 15:8).“
---by Jimmy Akins
http://jimmyakin.com/library

Acts 2:42 reports

that the people "devoted themselves to the teaching of the Apostles" and in

Acts 5:13: "No one of the rest dared to join himself to them [the Apostles]

but the people magnified them." So all did understand from the start that

it was the Apostles, and they alone who had the commission from Christ to

teach. St. Paul constantly teaches with authority. Pope St. Clement I, in
an Epistle to Corinth c. 95 AD, intervened with authority. He said: "Our
Apostles knew through our Lord Jesus Christ that there would be strife over
the name of Bishop. As a result, having received full foreknowledge, they
appointed those we have mentioned, and meanwhile added a provision that if
these would fall asleep [die] other approved men should receive their
ministry."

Acts 1, tells us that the FIRST ECUMENICAL COUNCILS was held to replace Judas.
For it is written in the Book of Psalms:'Let his encampment become desolate, and may no one dwell in it.' And:'May ANOTHER TAKE HIS OFFICE.'
Therefore, it is necessary that one of the men who accompanied us the whole time the Lord Jesus came and went among us,
beginning from the baptism of John until the day on which he was taken up from us, become with us a witness to his resurrection."
So they PROPOSED TWO, Joseph called Barsabbas, who was also known as Justus, and Matthias.
Then they prayed, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of THESE TWO YOU HAVE CHOSEN
TO TAKE THE PLACE IN THIS APOSTOLIC MINISTRY from which Judas turned away to go to his own place."
8 Then they gave lots to them, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was counted with the eleven apostles

Thanks for asking!
Question for you.….
Do you use crystals? Is a crystal your god?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425488 Mar 3, 2013
For Hojo and your 8th Pope Theroy..........lol

BREAKING NEWS IN BIBLE PROPHECY: THE NEXT AND LAST POPE OF REVELATION

“Happy 2016!!”

#425489 Mar 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic cult was found on paganism by the Emperor... circa 312....logic says that by then Peter had died "eons" go...so...he could not possibly have been a pope of a cult that did not exist during his lifetime!!!!!!
Your cult was founded in the 21st century by a 21st century man, so you can’t talk. lol
A double duh for you.

Ours was founded by JESUS, so live with it.
When the first Christians called Catholic and JESUS converted Constantine…..
“When Emperor Constantine legalized Christianity in AD 312, there were ALREADY many MILLIONS of Christians in the empire. What was their life like? In one sense, it was no different from the lives of their pagan neighbors. In another sense, their faith made all the difference in the world.”
“These were the neighborhoods where the Christians lived. Yet Christian homes were somehow different, and that difference was among the great and silent means of evangelization”
“...Heedless of danger, they took charge of the sick, attending their every need and ministering to them in Christ — and with them departed this life serenely happy; for they were infected by others with the disease, drawing on themselves the sickness of their neighbors and cheerfully accepting their pains.”

Pretty much like Catholic do today!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#425490 Mar 3, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
All this sin comes from not keeping the law if the law was kept their would be no need fo heaven the kingdom it would be right here on this earth but because the laws was done away with we now live in a sinful world.And it is getting worst every day.
All you have to do is love the law it is the only way to peace and the love of your fellow man.
"For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."
truth

Perth, Australia

#425491 Mar 3, 2013
kudilja up up up milki way
trun nije majcino mliko
log is not mother mary milk
log=not to log
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
kutle
katle ketle kitle kotle kutle
ake eke ike oke uke
akeekeikeokeuke
1115511591151511521115 read psalm from this numbers
wicket can't have holy ticket
truth

Perth, Australia

#425492 Mar 3, 2013
what ever wicket try set up for righteousness they making trap for themself.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425493 Mar 3, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>according to the time frames of your Church fathers mopst of the apostles would have been dead by the time these so called Bishops were grown men and biblically to be called to take the office of Priest at age 30 according to Jewish custom.
Where do you suppose John was around 80 A.D. and was he on Patomas whne he wrote Revelation ? Yes I believe he was.
Many Church fathers were born yrs after the Apostles such as: Justin Martyr, Tertullian, Irenaeus. However, they were students of the Disciples of the Apostles....men like Polycarp, Ignatius of Antioch and Clement of Rome. They are called "Apostolic Fathers". Their writings are to be looked at by anyone interested in what the Apostles actually taught about things like the Eucharist.
They were validly ordained Bishops by the Apostles.

The men they in turn ordained,(Martyr, Irenaeus,) should also be taken serious, I would think.
Ellen White was never ordained by anyone. She had no authority to chime in on her personal opinion of scriptures. Ignatius did have that authority.

John the Apostle is believed to have died naturally in Ephesus around 100 AD. He was never believed to have died on the island. He couldn't have because Polycarp and Ignatius were his students. They are the main reasons why we know about Johns letters. They told us!!

As for your opinion that Ignatius and Clement couldn't have been Bishops because they needed to be 30. Well that's just stupid. Jesus made John (the youngest Apostle) a Priest when he was in his early twenties. Christ entrusted John with the care of His Mother Mary, when he around 27 yrs old.

Wikipedia.org/Wiki/John_the_Apostle
truth

Perth, Australia

#425494 Mar 3, 2013
what wicket accusers try set up for righteousness..is that your judgment..its curse=darkness=kletva
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425495 Mar 3, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
For Hojo and your 8th Pope Theroy..........lol
BREAKING NEWS IN BIBLE PROPHECY: THE NEXT AND LAST POPE OF REVELATION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qYzCpim1ZkgXX
Lol. Sound the alarm! Head to the compound!

You fools looked directly at John the Apostles warning about adding to his prophecy; knowing full well the seriousness because he directly equated the act as adding plagues to your soul.

Arrogantly, boldly, with stupidity, ignorantly, without regard for his warning, you ignored him. You concocted a conspiracy scenario on Christianity and undid direct teachers given by the Apostles.

“Happy 2016!!”

#425496 Mar 3, 2013
February 24, 2013,( Romereports.com )
“The Lord is calling me 'out to the mountain' to devote more time to prayer and meditation, but this does not mean I'm abandoning the Church. In fact, if God is asking this of me, it's precisely to continue serving the Church with the same dedication and love with which I have served so far, but in a way that's more suited for my age and strength.”
--------Pope Benedict XVI

God Bless Pope B-16

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425497 Mar 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult was founded in the 21st century by a 21st century man, so you can’t talk. lol
A double duh for you.
Ours was founded by JESUS, so live with it.
When the first Christians called Catholic and JESUS converted Constantine…..
“When Emperor Constantine legalized Christianity in AD 312, there were ALREADY many MILLIONS of Christians in the empire. What was their life like? In one sense, it was no different from the lives of their pagan neighbors. In another sense, their faith made all the difference in the world.”
“These were the neighborhoods where the Christians lived. Yet Christian homes were somehow different, and that difference was among the great and silent means of evangelization”
“...Heedless of danger, they took charge of the sick, attending their every need and ministering to them in Christ — and with them departed this life serenely happy; for they were infected by others with the disease, drawing on themselves the sickness of their neighbors and cheerfully accepting their pains.”
Pretty much like Catholic do today!!!
Only a Catholic can deny history...

The Catholic cult was found on paganism by the Emperor... circa 312....logic says that by then Peter had died "eons" ago...so...he could not possibly have been a pope of a cult that did not exist during his lifetime!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#425498 Mar 3, 2013
cirudirud
irud irad ired ored ured
arud erud irud orud urud
daruderudirudoruduru
baruberubiru.boruburu
carucerucirucorucuru
faruferufiruforufuru
garugerugiru.goruguru
haruheruhiruhoruhuru
jarujerujirujoru.juru
karukerukirukorukuru
laruleruliruloruluru
maru.meru.miru.morumuru=log is not mother mary milk
paruperupiruporupuru
qaru.qer.pasuqiruqoruquru
rarurerurirurorururu
saruserusirusorusuru
taruterutirutoruturu
varuveruviruvoruvuru
waruweruwiruworuwuru
xaruxeruxiruxoruxuru
yaruyeruyiruyoruyuru
zaruzeruziruzoruzuruich
marge

Leesburg, GA

#425499 Mar 3, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
All this sin comes from not keeping the law if the law was kept their would be no need fo heaven the kingdom it would be right here on this earth but because the laws was done away with we now live in a sinful world.And it is getting worst every day.
All you have to do is love the law it is the only way to peace and the love of your fellow man.
"There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins."

"For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard."

"When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned."

“Happy 2016!!”

#425501 Mar 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
To bad that worship wasn't directed toward Jesus, Instead of the catholic church, the pope ,Mary, and the saint.
You don't have enough confidence in Jesus , to direct your Prayers to the Father in Jesus name.
You feel He needs the help of Mary and the saints.
Religion you have; "Salvation in Jesus Hmm?????"
The subject was ‘The Eucharist’ and how some walked away,[John 6:66] but okay you wish to change it.

For the 50th million times....JESUS IS THE CENTER OF OUR DAILY mass!!!
JESUS IS OUR LORD!!

We are asking the holy ones [the saints] to ask JESUS.
You feel the need to ask your friends to pray for you. To 'help' you pray....[natural born sinners]
Read RV 8..

Another angel came and stood at the altar,* holding a gold censer. He was given a great quantity of incense to offer,
with

the prayers

of
ALL

the

holy ones,

on the gold altar that was before the throne."

BTW we pray Glory be to FATHER, THE SON, and THE HOLY SPIRIT!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#425502 Mar 3, 2013
Turtleman;

"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin."
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#425504 Mar 3, 2013
I would like to have A honest Answer form someone.

Why ????????? Is it that the creators name Is Yahweh And the world worships him as A god The very thing he warns you not to worship god and or gods.

And We know it is in every concordance That His Name is Yahweh And man changed his name. I see And Understand This But the world Does not .......
truth

Perth, Australia

#425505 Mar 3, 2013
i told you i never call lord
i say..gospodine gospe l
gas ges gis gos gus
gasgesgisgosgus

gusle=tursle

Did you listen that?
Why you listen that?
truth

Perth, Australia

#425506 Mar 3, 2013
no sacrifice..you call evil over your god
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#425507 Mar 3, 2013
marge wrote:
Turtleman;
"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin."
Marge If you keep the law you are righteous if you do not you are a sinner. The new testament messed a bunch of things.
I have not come to destroy the law but establish it.

Marge can you not see what has become of this world without the law...It is awe full. I can tell you in heaven or the kingdom we will be taught the law and we will keep them or you will not be there he will not allow heaven to become defiled like this earth...

We have got to the point where the water is not fit to drink and the food is the same.And all their is is sin and war.oh and let me not forget the filth on the telly And how it has become acceptable.

“Happy 2016!!”

#425508 Mar 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
True. The Holy Spirit guided the Church to the compilation of the Bible. The Spirit also guided them to interpretations.

4 wrote....
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Cite evidence please.
You are correct Clay.:)

2 Peter 1:
20* Know this first of all, that there is no

prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal

interpretation,

21for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.

2 Tim 3:16
16* All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness,* 17 so that one who belongs to God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

NOTE:
*[1:20–21] Often cited, along with 2 Tm 3:16, on the “inspiration” of scripture or against private interpretation, these verses in context are

directed against the false teachers of 2 Pt 2 and

clever tales (2 Pt 1:16). The prophetic word in scripture comes admittedly through human beings
(2 Pt 1:21), but moved by the holy Spirit, not from their own interpretation, and is a matter of what the author and Spirit intended, not the personal interpretation of false teachers. Instead of under the influence of God, some manuscripts read “holy ones of God.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 min Ismail 254,042
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 22 min thetruth 4,833
News Why I quit atheism 26 min thetruth 717
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 27 min thetruth 78
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min thetruth 256,612
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 30 min thetruth 805
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 33 min thetruth 10,082
More from around the web