Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,885)

Showing posts 397,681 - 397,700 of511,668
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you are correct. my wife is never on here and for that mater, many of the spouses of the regulars are not on here either, so what does that have to do with you lying constantly?
my wife works 12 hours shifts as acharge Nurse, and then she has to sleep, which leaves her very litle time for recreation, and companionship with myself and our children and grandchildren.
regardless of that, if she was on here, she wouldnt be lying like you do all of the time.
as far as my "bent fingers", that is not an excuse, it is a reason as to why I mispell words often, such as teh for the, ahve for have.at least i am not stupid enough to misspell a common word like civil and spell it "seville", or like your old man who spelled hijacked as hy jacked making it two words.lol.
I have had spelling and typing problems for many years on this forum and that is well known by those who have been on here for any length of time, and I dont use it for any "pity" that I might get on this forum, LTM has throwed up me speaking of my injuries and health problems but I had brought them up when I was asked why I wasnt on here for months over a year ago, by karen among others.
anyway, if anyone brings them up as an indictment against me, it shows how pitiful their life is, not mine. I do the best that I am able to do, my body is in terrible shape but my mind is sharp and alert, and I think God for that, and my conscience is not seared like that of you and your old man, who think nothing about lying on here and deceiving people who like LTM are as ignorant as you two are.
and I could care less if you wish to attack me if I say something to others. but WHEN I SAY SOEMTNING TO SOMEONE, IT IS AFTER THEY HAVE ATTACKED ME FIRST.
Maybe you don't allow your wife on here, you are a very controlling guy Preston. Maybe you don't want her to see how nasty you are with people on here.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Aviela wrote:
......what did the apostle mean John mean when he wrote John 1:1 Did he mean that Jesus is himself God or perhaps that Jesus is one God with the father? In the same chapter, 18,......to be continued
cont
Jesus Christ Clearly Taught His Own Divinity
Revelation 21:6-7-"And he [Jesus Christ] said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son."
John 8:57-59-"Then the Jews said to Him,'You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them,'Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.' Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple..." (NKJV).
John 5:17-26-"But Jesus answered them,'My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.' Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. Then Jesus answered and said to them,...'For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.... For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself'" (NKJV).
John 10:28-39-"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them,... If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand."
Mark 2:5-11-"When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?...[Jesus] said unto them, But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins,(he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house" (cf. Lk. 5:20-24).
The scribes' theology was correct: "Who can forgive sins but God only?" Jesus didn't disagree with their conclusion; rather, through the miraculous healing He proved that He in fact was God and had the authority to forgive sins.
The Spirit-inspired writers of the New Testament applied Old Testament passages which specifically refer God-Jehovah to Jesus Christ; therefore, Jesus must be God-Jehovah.
Jehovah and Jesus are 2 separate beings. Jehovah is the alpha and omega. No one has seen him and lived. Jesus is his son. Just like the angels are called sons of God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

who="TheBlackSheep"
Oops! I almost forgot!
********** < btw, I cannot believe that you would lie about such a stupid thing! LOL! You must be one hell of a person!
That is precisely what my point is! How many sins, that you forget to ask forgiveness for, will god allow? Or is it just believers go to heaven and non-believers don't?

God knows the heart. He judges righteously.

IF one truly believes in (trusts Him) He will get them there.

If one rejects His love...well...I guess they will find out.

Believing is not just mouthing words...

KayMarie
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! If you believe in the trinity, then you believe god killed himself to appease himself. LOL!
So Aviela, was jesus just the son of god? If we are all god's children, what makes jesus so special? LOL!
Hello Blacksheep. JW do not believe in the trinity. The word trinity is not in the Bible. The trinity belief came from the pagans. You cannot kill God. Jesus is the son of God. The Jews killed Jesus because they said he was a blasphemer calling himself son of God. None in Bible times ever thought he was God.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

who="Aviela" Jehovah and Jesus are 2 separate beings. Jehovah is the alpha and omega. No one has seen him and lived. Jesus is his son. Just like the angels are called sons of God.

Do you believe that satan is brother to Jesus?

Until we know everything, we cannot explain God. But Jesus is not 'just another' anything. God gave His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.

Best to just take what the Bible has to say about it, until we see Him.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

who="Aviela" Hello Blacksheep. JW do not believe in the trinity. The word trinity is not in the Bible. The trinity belief came from the pagans. You cannot kill God. Jesus is the son of God. The Jews killed Jesus because they said he was a blasphemer calling himself son of God. None in Bible times ever thought he was God.

So JW's are Jews?

KM

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Blacksheep. JW do not believe in the trinity. The word trinity is not in the Bible. The trinity belief came from the pagans. You cannot kill God. Jesus is the son of God. The Jews killed Jesus because they said he was a blasphemer calling himself son of God. None in Bible times ever thought he was God.
Since god only gave us the bible and the bible is flawed, I guess we have to wait to the end to see who and what is right.

For me, I am going to try to be the best person that I can and not worry about some supernatural being who required animals to be burnt for his forgiveness or who allowed slaves; and owner of slave to kill slaves.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
God knows the heart. He judges righteously.
IF one truly believes in (trusts Him) He will get them there.
If one rejects His love...well...I guess they will find out.
Believing is not just mouthing words...
KayMarie
Well, if that's what gets you through the night, so be it.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

That, to me, tells me that your god is man made. More than just about another bible verse, this one smack me right on the face and says, "There is no way that a god would say this. Read it closely. It states that the slave must suffer for at least 24 hours for the master to get away with murder."

Believers run from this, hid from this, deny this, rationalize it, but it is right there in the bible.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who=" Anthony MN"
Wow. Yeah, he said essentially the same thing you said, like it was singing to his ears. The BIG difference between you and the pope is that YOU came on here stirring up trouble by mocking him when you were wrong in what you were mocking him about.
You still won't admit it. You're one of the more stubborn bigots I've ever come across. But you have no problem with bigotry as long as its directed at the Catholic Church. Kay, you talk a good game, but your heart is far from God.
Bigot? You Catholics certainly are nasty. My Protestant parents, ministers and teachers told me that Jesus leads us to holiness speaking.
I DID write that I was mistaken on that verse...but of course you didn't see that one...
KayMarie
Bigot

: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

You didn't just make a mistake about the verse, your hatred and disdain for the pope and the Catholic Church was the reason you posted the insult of the pope to begin with. And it was out of ignorance that you didn't know what the verse was.

And still even now, you obstinately refuse to acknowledge the motivation for your post. Yes Kay, you are an ignorant bigot. And it is not a Christian attribute. You talk the talk, but your behavior is shameful.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

The bread and wine do not turn into the literal body and blood of Christ.
Catholics oftern say thier view is supported by Luke 22: 19,20, where Jesus told the disciples that the bread and wine are His body and blood.
BUT notice that Jesus was 'physically present' with them when He said this. OBVIOUSLY He intended His words to be taken figuratively.
Jesus often used figurative language. In fact, at the end of His upper-room discourse, He acknowledged this: "These things I have spoken to you in 'figurative language'(John 16:25. This is consistant with His intended meaning of the Lord's supper: "do this in rememberance of Me" Luke 22:19.
Jesus came to earth and took on human flesh. That human flesh is not omnipresent. When Jesus walked this earth as a man He was subject to the limits of physical flesh.
As theologian Millard Erickson notes, "To believe that Jesus was two places at once is something of a denial of the incarnation, whih limited His physical human nature to one location."
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Since god only gave us the bible and the bible is flawed, I guess we have to wait to the end to see who and what is right.
For me, I am going to try to be the best person that I can and not worry about some supernatural being who required animals to be burnt for his forgiveness or who allowed slaves; and owner of slave to kill slaves.
And you will die as you have lived having never fulfilled the very purpose for which you were created. How tragic. But it is not too late BS. Why not just try HIM and see if He is true? Fall on your knees and look into His face of compassion and mercy. Invite Him into yor heart and see what changes He will bring.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

who="Aviela" Jehovah and Jesus are 2 separate beings. Jehovah is the alpha and omega. No one has seen him and lived. Jesus is his son. Just like the angels are called sons of God.
Do you believe that satan is brother to Jesus?
Until we know everything, we cannot explain God. But Jesus is not 'just another' anything. God gave His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.
Best to just take what the Bible has to say about it, until we see Him.
KayMarie
Satan was an angel in heaven one time before he cast out.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

who="preston" another accusation{dictator communist{ that you have no proof to verify that statement.
do you and your husband realize how stupid that you two really are?
Obama was born without a'golden spoon" in his mouth like the mormon was, and he achieved the American Dream, going all the way to the White House, and for that reason,people should show him that much more respect, unlike your local chapter of the KKK, which is probably the only group that your old man could minister your peculiar brand of hatred
I have lots of proof...and his skin color has nothing to do with that proof.
Except on his side, for he hates all those old rich white men. Guess that hits you, huh?
KayMarie
lets see some of the "proof" that you supposely have about President Obama being a communist. I am certain that it would have come for the National enquirer, which would be your speed.

and I am not rich, nor do I pretend to be. Bob seger would consider me UMC.lol
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Corrrection: before he was cast out...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
Aviela, the Bible is not to be read like that. You guys zig zag across the Holy Book like its a secret hidden code.
And you must agree, anyone can read those verses and see whatever they wanna see.
So then it comes down to who is the authority.
If its the Jehovah's Witness, then why? How come you guys didn't appear until a hundred yrs ago?
Why did God let something as important as the Ministry of Jesus Christ, get completely messed up for 1,800 + yrs?
The CC fought for years to keep the truth down...people tried to preach it, and died for their effort. Martin Luther decided to post it publicly, and the printing press made it possible to get the truth to the people.
Truth pressed to earth will (did) rise again...
KayMarie
More slander and unfounded accusation. Tell us Kay, who were these people that were trying to 'preach it'? What do you have to prove your statement here? Or is it just the nature of bigots to throw out unprovable trash talk?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

who="preston"]****** ***
hey KM, these dont show on the screenunless you put them on there.
so why did you lie last night when asked why they appear on your posts only.
I didn't lie at all, Preston. You did not explain what you were talking about.
********** these show up because I want to separate my comments from the one to whom I am responding.
KM
uh? you dont need them.

everyone but you has to know that you hit reply and then make your reply after the word "quote".lol.

good thing that I am "smart" enough to help you out.lol
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops! I almost forgot!
********** < btw, I cannot believe that you would lie about such a stupid thing! LOL! You must be one hell of a person!
That is precisely what my point is! How many sins, that you forget to ask forgiveness for, will god allow? Or is it just believers go to heaven and non-believers don't?
Some go to heaven the rest will have the ressurection hope here on earth. Its not true that all who die go to heaven.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who=" Anthony MN"
Wow. Yeah, he said essentially the same thing you said, like it was singing to his ears. The BIG difference between you and the pope is that YOU came on here stirring up trouble by mocking him when you were wrong in what you were mocking him about.
You still won't admit it. You're one of the more stubborn bigots I've ever come across. But you have no problem with bigotry as long as its directed at the Catholic Church. Kay, you talk a good game, but your heart is far from God.
Bigot? You Catholics certainly are nasty. My Protestant parents, ministers and teachers told me that Jesus leads us to holiness speaking.
I DID write that I was mistaken on that verse...but of course you didn't see that one...
KayMarie
BTW, saying "you Catholics" is a classic bigoted statement.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were you miserable and lonely? Do you think that every Atheists is miserable and lonely? Maybe you think most of us are just too stupid to realize how miserable and lonely we are.
When I attended church, the feeling that if I forgot to ask for forgiveness for one sin, god would send me to hell to be tortured forever, was a pretty miserable feeling!
No, I don't think everyone who does not know Christ is miserable. But I do think you are lonely and empty and unfulfilled. That is the way Christ created us. We are created with a 'void' that only He can fill. Sounds as though you were in a church that did not understand the GOSPEL and the mercy and forgiveness of Christ. That is too bad. I can certainly understand why that would give you a bad taste for C hristianity. But what you must come to grips with is that that the 'feeling' you got(whether this is what the church taught or not) is not consistant with the scriptures. So it would be an unfortunate choice to reject Christ and Heaven because of a "feeling you got".
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
The bread and wine do not turn into the literal body and blood of Christ.
Catholics oftern say thier view is supported by Luke 22: 19,20, where Jesus told the disciples that the bread and wine are His body and blood.
BUT notice that Jesus was 'physically present' with them when He said this. OBVIOUSLY He intended His words to be taken figuratively.
Jesus often used figurative language. In fact, at the end of His upper-room discourse, He acknowledged this: "These things I have spoken to you in 'figurative language'(John 16:25. This is consistant with His intended meaning of the Lord's supper: "do this in rememberance of Me" Luke 22:19.
Jesus came to earth and took on human flesh. That human flesh is not omnipresent. When Jesus walked this earth as a man He was subject to the limits of physical flesh.
As theologian Millard Erickson notes, "To believe that Jesus was two places at once is something of a denial of the incarnation, whih limited His physical human nature to one location."
Not brave enough to address my posts directly? That's ok, I know you're struggling with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 397,681 - 397,700 of511,668
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Religion Forum right now

Search the Religion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min Faith 323,683
'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma (Jul '13) 5 min antiatheist 6,933
Israeli police raid Jerusalem holy site 7 min Zioni 21
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min wilderide 216,330
Sultan condemns abduction of 100 schoolgirls 22 min Bombardier 3
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 26 min Tre H 220,783
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 28 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 20,787
•••
•••
•••
•••