Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,442
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#412814 Jan 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
Your link doesn't work.
Anyone can post whatever they want on the internet. This is someone's personal web site; it's not from the Church. In fact, they even state that what they're promoting has been established to be in conflict with Church teaching. Didn't read that part, did you??
Do you believe everything you read online? Not a good idea, Kay. You can get yourself into a lot of trouble that way. I'd suggest you take Anthony up on his offer to inform you of what the Church really teaches and stop your nonsense. Your attitude is getting uglier by the day, not at all Christ-like.
If the link didn't work, how do you know what it says? I read the whole thing.
No, I don't believe everything I read online...including this site.
One thing that impresses me about the CC, is that its adherents don't know about John 3:17 "I come NOT to condemn the world..." Your responses are continually condemning me. If you have answers for what I say...give the answer instead of calling me degrading things.
KayMarie
JOIN the club KayMarie,it seems whenever some on here son't like your post,which is understandable they resort to cutting you down,and name calling.Not that we can't handle it,but that as believers we really don't need that from each other.It shows a great disrespect fo the individual choice we all make to go where we believe the Lord has placed us.

And when we have disagreements even with our own,it does not mean we are bailing out either.I have been in the same church over 20 years,and love it for many reasons,but there are things that go on in it,that bother me as well.But than again all churches have their quirks,we are human and vulnerable to our rebellious nature.It takes fortitude to continue to walk,and not be side tracked.

as for Regina she can be a bit testy at times,but she has a great heart and loves the Lord,and has the right to be disgusted with people who down her church.That is the crux as to why she may sound harsh with you at times.A lot of things non-Catholics post on here concerning Catholics can be a bit too prejudicial.But at the same time,we do have our opinions.Not an easy forum to continue on day after day.I grow tired of it sometimes,and when I am gone awhile,I find nothing has changed.There still is argument over Mary,communion,baptism,priesth ood,and the Papacy.All of which the RCC will never give up on,so really why all the fuss,and continued belaboring?

Are we hooked KayMarie,is there something about chat rooms of this type that are like a certain drug to the brain?LOL!!!!!!!!1

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#412815 Jan 2, 2013
who="Pad" Continued the Communion of the believers for Kay Marie.
I find that all Communion is pointing to the event of our Lord's death,and that is commendable to say the least.Jesus has a connection with us as believers and it is not just in our ceremonies as to how we view or are able to discourse over the things of God.It goes beyond the preaching ,or even expounding of the Word,but it boils down to His Presence,and what He shares with us as blood bought believers.
Communion is so important,because it makes real to us His Death,and all that was involced in His great sacrifice.
You said "that argument sounds logical,well KayMarie it is more than logical to bring our communion services to that sacredness that will PLEASE Him who died for us in such a terrible way.To cheapen our time in Communion is to take away from His death.I stand to say that the Catholics do not have an opportunity to cheapen that which they work so hard to elevate in their Eucharistic services during the Mass.
I do not intend to become a RC to receive Communion that way,but I can appreciate the fact that they have been able to every Sunday retain and keep the Holy Communion Sacred before Christ who died terribly and extremely so for our sins,"DO this in Remembrance of Me."
Neverthless,each affiliation of believers has their own way of sharing that truth of Christ.I am not alone when I say that the Evangelical churches as great as they are in so many ways,do not retain the sacred,and respect for the very Communion,and even baptism in this country especially.
Of course I can say that it is because we have never been persecuted in this country,so we have a happy hour attitude toward the Sacraments in our churches. The sacred is growing very thin in our churches in the US.Still the British,Irish,Welsh and Scottish believers along with the Europeans retain a sacred atitude toward the things of God.
But this country? It scares me sometimes how far we have gone from the sacredness of what Christ gave to us.
I am belessed by every conversion,and most of all the change in human lives by Christ,and that is very important,and we could agree that nothing outweighs the reality of changed lives by Christ,as it is all about conversion to HIM.
But I also see a need for a sharing of Christ in the assembly of believers for the Sacrament of Holy Communion,which in the case of many evangelicals is not even observed with a sacredness.
There are so many things,but I believe and have always believed that the bread and wine at Communion are spiritually discerned unto His death,and we are bound as believers to retain that,But presently the Sacrament is on a shelf in many churches,and the time to obwerve it is a few minutes to say the least,I believe the Lord will confront us with that attitude toward His command to share communion in memorial to His death.
You say it is a

I understand your concern, Pad, but let me assure you that we do not take the communion lightly. It is a time of reverence and gratitude for what He has done.

It is true that many of the Protestant churches that have denied the move of the Holy Ghost TODAY, have become cold. But those are generally social clubs.

Many, like yourself, are born again, and the communion reminds us of how we have received life from Him.

Be blessed...
KayMarie
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412816 Jan 2, 2013
who="ReginaM"
Your link doesn't work.
Anyone can post whatever they want on the internet. This is someone's personal web site; it's not from the Church. In fact, they even state that what they're promoting has been established to be in conflict with Church teaching. Didn't read that part, did you??
Do you believe everything you read online? Not a good idea, Kay. You can get yourself into a lot of trouble that way. I'd suggest you take Anthony up on his offer to inform you of what the Church really teaches and stop your nonsense. Your attitude is getting uglier by the day, not at all Christ-like.
If the link didn't work, how do you know what it says? I read the whole thing.
No, I don't believe everything I read online...including this site.
One thing that impresses me about the CC, is that its adherents don't know about John 3:17 "I come NOT to condemn the world..." Your responses are continually condemning me. If you have answers for what I say...give the answer instead of calling me degrading things.
KayMarie
I searched for the web site and found the correct link on my own.

If you didn't believe that site as you said, then why did you present it here as Catholic teaching? Why didn't you just ask one of us about it. If it were me, I would have said something like: "Kay, I came across this article on Pentecostalism and it seems odd to me. Is this an accurate teaching of your faith?"
Instead, you dig around the internet (and I do mean dig) for anything you can find that presents the Church in a bad light or is inaccurate, then post it here along with one of your snide remarks.

We've explained the faith to you countless times, yet you just ignore what we say and proceed to re-post the same nonsense over and over again. Once someone corrects you, that should be the end of it. You should never present the inaccuracy or distortion again because now you know better. That would be what someone of integrity would do. Unfortunately, you do just the opposite.

Frankly, I think we've been very patient with you. If you continue to be dishonest and disingenuous, you will be treated as such. Believe me, you have nothing but our pity.

#412817 Jan 2, 2013
who="Pad" JOIN the club KayMarie,it seems whenever some on here son't like your post,which is understandable they resort to cutting you down,and name calling.Not that we can't handle it,but that as believers we really don't need that from each other.It shows a great disrespect fo the individual choice we all make to go where we believe the Lord has placed us.
And when we have disagreements even with our own,it does not mean we are bailing out either.I have been in the same church over 20 years,and love it for many reasons,but there are things that go on in it,that bother me as well.But than again all churches have their quirks,we are human and vulnerable to our rebellious nature.It takes fortitude to continue to walk,and not be side tracked.
as for Regina she can be a bit testy at times,but she has a great heart and loves the Lord,and has the right to be disgusted with people who down her church.That is the crux as to why she may sound harsh with you at times.A lot of things non-Catholics post on here concerning Catholics can be a bit too prejudicial.But at the same time,we do have our opinions.Not an easy forum to continue on day after day.I grow tired of it sometimes,and when I am gone awhile,I find nothing has changed.There still is argument over Mary,communion,baptism,priesth ood,and the Papacy.All of which the RCC will never give up on,so really why all the fuss,and continued belaboring?
Are we hooked KayMarie,is there something about chat rooms of this type that are like a certain drug to the brain?LOL!!!!!!!!

I suppose one could be hooked, but that is not my case right now. I avoided this site for years after GIF got involved. I have mentally 'quit' a few times, but just then there is a new question that seems serious. I am a bit weary of this 'room' because there is little truly serious discussion...and a lot of ugly name calling.

I understand your reasoning about Regina, but ugly name-calling doesn't protect anyone, and it certainly does not defend the gospel. My faith has been shamed on here, but mocking someone else does not help to advance MY faith.

I am familiar with the 'disputes' that can go on in churches...and, as we are all different, these are expected. The first church had some of those...the dispute concerning the Grecian widows who were not getting support as the Jewish widows did, for instance.

When I was much younger, our church was in a building program. Another lady wanted carpet of one color (green), but I wanted blue. I don't think our 'difference' became common knowledge. But one day someone found a real bargain on a piece of carpet that was a BLUE/GREEN tweed. I laugh when I think about it. Those incidents in church are meant to teach us, and if we love instead of fight, we can grow in faith and character.

All things work together TO THOSE WHO LOVE GOD...

KayMarie
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#412818 Jan 2, 2013
Sorry...I forgot to list the site:
http://www.marys-touch.com/introduction/mirac ...
KM
Well, the link does not work, but I tried Googling "Mary's Touch." Where I ended up was a series of web sites trying to promote allegeged miraculous events related to a "seer" in Naju, Korea.

As near as I can tell, those involved with promoting this were excommunicated in 2008.

Just a cursory look made me think "fraud" almost immediately, what with someone having the camera aimed into her mouth when she had supposedly taken Holy Communion.

I can't see any faithful Catholic doing such a thing.

Maybe I should amend that. I can see someone with mental issues doing this, or someone with VERY limited Catholic education, but any priest who isn't nuts would NOT get involved with such a thing.

Even if some "miraculous event" involving the eucharist ocured in my own mouth, I would not have it photographed.

The entire idea is simply too bizarre to contemplate.

In your search for something to attack the CC with, you have landed in the lunatic fringe.

Not Church Teaching, and actually condemned by the Church, if my cursory investigation is accurate.

Why don't you try asking a practicing Catholic what we believe, instead of looking for the bizarre among the lunatic fringe!

Could it be because you fear that you would have to loo more deeply, should the answer prove reasonable?

No worries, Kay Marie. Just repeat to yourself "I despise Catholicism, and I HATE the Catholic Church!" That way, you will be fully protected against learning anything about what the CC actually teaches, should you ever work up the nerve to ask a question without it being a preparation for an attack.

Rob

#412819 Jan 2, 2013
who="ReginaM"
If you didn't believe that site as you said, then why did you present it here as Catholic teaching? Why didn't you just ask one of us about it. If it were me, I would have said something like: "Kay, I came across this article on Pentecostalism and it seems odd to me. Is this an accurate teaching of your faith?"
Instead, you dig around the internet (and I do mean dig) for anything you can find that presents the Church in a bad light or is inaccurate, then post it here along with one of your snide remarks.
We've explained the faith to you countless times, yet you just ignore what we say and proceed to re-post the same nonsense over and over again. Once someone corrects you, that should be the end of it. You should never present the inaccuracy or distortion again because now you know better. That would be what someone of integrity would do. Unfortunately, you do just the opposite.
Frankly, I think we've been very patient with you. If you continue to be dishonest and disingenuous, you will be treated as such. Believe me, you have nothing but our pity.

You've been VERY PATIENT with me??? Where or when?

I have not been dishonest. I have reported personal accounts that I've seen with my own eyes...but you and others have called me a liar.

How can you say with emphasis that I "dig" around to find dirt on you? That is your own imagination. I have searched for nothing on the internet.

The site I gave earlier was simply re-posting one that someone else gave ON THIS FORUM.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#412820 Jan 2, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Yeah, you're just what I figured. It saddens me to realize what a person like you can do to the respect and honor I've always believed are due elderly ladies.
Am I supposed to cry because someone who doesn't recognize truth has no honor or respect for me?
If you knew the commandments better, you would know that God says to 'honor your father and your mother'...but He doesn't say,'IF they are honorable'.
You see, giving honor to whom honor is due, is not so much to make the aged feel good, as it is for creating honorable character in the youth who obeys the commandment.
No game, Anthony.
KayMarie
Truth? What truth is there in your disgraceful behaviour attacking the pope when you were undeniably wrong? What truth are you talking about when you were shown to be wrong and you fought for weeks refusing to admit it (and you still refuse)?

You are NOT my mother. My mother would've NEVER behaved like you. I honored my mother when she was alive and still do now that she is asleep in Christ. She was honorable. You sadly are not.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412821 Jan 2, 2013
who="ReginaM"
You've been VERY PATIENT with me??? Where or when?
I have not been dishonest. I have reported personal accounts that I've seen with my own eyes...but you and others have called me a liar.
How can you say with emphasis that I "dig" around to find dirt on you? That is your own imagination. I have searched for nothing on the internet.
The site I gave earlier was simply re-posting one that someone else gave ON THIS FORUM.
KayMarie
Yes, you "re-posted" a web link provided by an atheist who's obsessed with the Catholic Church, re-posted it twice I might add, without bothering to ask a Catholic about it first. My point exactly.

Ditto regarding what you've "seen with your own eyes". Much better for you to publicly announce that a "nun" snuck behind a curtain or went into an adjacent room where she thought no one could see her so she could guzzle the communion wine. Um, yeah, we've been more than patient with you. Waaaay more.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#412822 Jan 2, 2013
who="Robert F"
The RCChurch does not view the sacraments as salvific, but that God works by Grace through them....Salvation in the RCChurch is by Jesus Christ alone. Sacraments are signs.
Talking about Purgatory in general....When one becomes a Christian, accepts Jesus as personal Saviour, is baptised, but then goes astray, then sins, and continues to sin, and does not work out their salvation(Philipians 2:12
"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."),
what is God going to do with that person that sins?
God must be a Just Judge(besides being Merciful). Can God call to the Great Feast, those that are not clothed properly? They must be made clean....If we do not start now in this life, then it must be done in the "next" life....
In a sense, consider the journey of the Jew while in the Promised Land...., when they strayed, there was/is a price to be paid, even though God does not forget his covenant with them. God does not forget his covenant with the Christian, but justice must be served....
This does not 'ring true' with what we've been told. Protestants are scolded for saying that communion is a memorial...but you say that Catholics only 'use sacraments because God works through them'?(In other words, they have to have them to be saved.)
And you think that God cannot work HERE to correct one who sins? Where have you been? So...men make an imagined purgatory where their vengeful 'god' beats the h... out of them?
That only proves that they do not know the Father, who has provided forgiveness and love for His people. NO, He will not pollute heaven with your sin, and if you love it more than Him, He has other provision for you.
But to everyone who comes to Him, repenting, and trusts Him, He will forgive AND CLEANSE them from ALL sin.
KayMarie
Hello KayMarie

I hope all is well with you and your husband. And may God be gracious to you both.

Concerning the Sacraments, I think of them as connecting points between heaven and earth, through which God's Grace works....

And this is especially true of what you call "repenting". Well, you know it is called something else in the RC Church..., The Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Well, the Sacrament of Baptism in the RCC is a one time event. But the problem is that even after one repents and is baptised, there is occassion(and for myself, many, many occasions) on which I have sinned after Baptism....

In the RCC one does not keep repenting, because one is not getting baptized over and over. Rather one comes to God sorrowful for committing sin, asks for forgiveness, resolves not to commit sin, and receives forgiveness and does penance.

It is a pretty well defined formula, but it really does rest on the fact of being a heartfelt confession. And more or less, this is what the Protestant and Catholic have in common hear. It must be of the heart, and not merely some intellectual exercise.

Problems arise when the intellect and heart are not in harmony. And that is because of the natural man's tendency toward sin, and the battle of the spiritual and natural man takes place....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#412823 Jan 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
In short -'free will' is Self.
Yet you skip over this key aspect so easily, as if it doesn't exists. Why? Shoot - you even refuse to acknowledge it as anything.
"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."
- Jesus
Why don't you believe Jesus?
NASL

So what you are saying is that; to know your own will is to know the Will of Self, and this is the kingdom of God.

Why don't you believe in sin?

So I will just recopy what I wrote on the nature of the human will, which you just skipped over..., as usual(sigh)namely that it is appetitive in nature due to desire.

"One's own will tends to follow its human nature, thus becomes trapped in its own passions of the body, as well as its intellectual affinites. This creates "whirlpools", that tend to move the will towards itself, and in its own desires, namely concupiscence, and disordered passions....
It is for this reason that the "will" is appetitive because of desire(though as you write, it can be motivated by fear...,i.e. mainly fear of loss, or fear of loss of desire, and intellect). I think it has to do with the fear of loss of identity....That one becomes just another face in the crowd. Or, in this case fear of loss of one's identity in God.
Free-will comes into play when the will is at liberty to choose the good over the bad(the light over the dark). There is great difficulty in "recollection", that is summing up the forces which the will desires, or to even realize them. It is more often than not we think we are strong; when we are weak, and weak; when we are strong.(This is the"whirlpool" effect) in the soul, to which we seek "liberty"....free-wi ll."

By the way, this "whirlpool" effect is more commonly known as "Incurvitus in se"....(Turned or curved in on oneself)....

#412824 Jan 2, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Truth? What truth is there in your disgraceful behaviour attacking the pope when you were undeniably wrong? What truth are you talking about when you were shown to be wrong and you fought for weeks refusing to admit it (and you still refuse)?
You are NOT my mother. My mother would've NEVER behaved like you. I honored my mother when she was alive and still do now that she is asleep in Christ. She was honorable. You sadly are not.

What a sweet gentleman of a son she raised...

KM

#412825 Jan 2, 2013
who="Robert F"
Hello KayMarie
I hope all is well with you and your husband. And may God be gracious to you both.
Concerning the Sacraments, I think of them as connecting points between heaven and earth, through which God's Grace works....
And this is especially true of what you call "repenting". Well, you know it is called something else in the RC Church..., The Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Well, the Sacrament of Baptism in the RCC is a one time event. But the problem is that even after one repents and is baptised, there is occassion(and for myself, many, many occasions) on which I have sinned after Baptism....
In the RCC one does not keep repenting, because one is not getting baptized over and over. Rather one comes to God sorrowful for committing sin, asks for forgiveness, resolves not to commit sin, and receives forgiveness and does penance.
It is a pretty well defined formula, but it really does rest on the fact of being a heartfelt confession. And more or less, this is what the Protestant and Catholic have in common hear. It must be of the heart, and not merely some intellectual exercise.
Problems arise when the intellect and heart are not in harmony. And that is because of the natural man's tendency toward sin, and the battle of the spiritual and natural man takes place....

I understand, and pretty much agree with you. I would not include 'penance' however, because that appears that we can 'pay' for forgiveness.

KayMarie

#412826 Jan 2, 2013
who="ReginaM"
Yes, you "re-posted" a web link provided by an atheist who's obsessed with the Catholic Church, re-posted it twice I might add, without bothering to ask a Catholic about it first. My point exactly.
Ditto regarding what you've "seen with your own eyes". Much better for you to publicly announce that a "nun" snuck behind a curtain or went into an adjacent room where she thought no one could see her so she could guzzle the communion wine. Um, yeah, we've been more than patient with you. Waaaay more.

Have fun with your imaginative stories.
KM

#412827 Jan 2, 2013
who="ReginaM"

Re-posted it TWICE? Come on, tell the truth...

KM
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412828 Jan 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
um .. why would I have egg on my face. I only heard of one. That was the truth. Basically, is not even discussed. I never once heard a priest stand up and preach it. I was never once taught it in grade school. And I know for a fact the CC does not require any of us to believe it.
So what's your problem?
#1: Confront the fraud.

#2: Become a real faith, instead of a banker and a country that relies on diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability.

Local Catholic churches are great. The Vatican itself, and outdated but deified cultural norms are the problem.

The Western World could use a good institution to promote virtue. The world has had its fill of meaningless dogma and fraud. The church doesn't build itself up by knocking down others.

Put the "only true church" thing away. It makes no sense, especially when you look at who has been the leader in justice and human rights for the past 235 years.

Get on board as an equal -- not pointing fingers from your phony pedestal.

That will be $50. Come back again next week.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#412829 Jan 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey thanks for that link. Now I've heard of 4 total Eucharistic Miracles!
I like the one in Sienna, Italy. Hosts preserved without deterioration for 250 yrs. Amazing.
Glad I can teach you about your dubious church "tradition."

Yes, amazing.

So save souls and give us the proof -- or denounce the fraud.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#412830 Jan 2, 2013
who="ReginaM"
Have fun with your imaginative stories.
KM
Are you now denying you said this?

You should repent, Kay. That's what Christians do.

Definition of REPENT
: to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life
a : to feel regret or contrition

Definition of PENITENT
: feeling or expressing humble or regretful pain or sorrow for sins or offenses : repentant

Definition of PENANCE
: an act of self-abasement, mortification, or devotion performed to show sorrow or repentance for sin

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#412831 Jan 2, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> And that he ordered slaves to be beaten and killed.
Why do you add in sh*t that I didn't say?

#412832 Jan 2, 2013
I think I've made up my mind this time. I've hoped for some reasonable discussion on the issues, but all I get is 'liar', etc.

I hope that you discover the truth.

The Pope is NOT Jesus.

KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#412833 Jan 2, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You're holding on to 1 scripture and avoiding the other ones I post. What you're saying is that Jehovah is cool with slave beatings and killings. I'm trying to point out other scriptures to show you that he had rights for them. They had privaleges...but you want to take that 1 scripture and squeeze the juice out of it.
What does this say?

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

If the slave suffered for two days and then died, was the master punished?

No!

You owned the slave?

Was the slave property?

Do you think that owning another human is right?

Why can't you beat a slave today?

Simple: Man's laws trump all gods' laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min Aliroger1 393,231
Dresden's anti-Islam protests: Rooted in German... 7 min Michaela Schmidt 28
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 31 min bmz 207,567
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 49 min thetruth 2,616
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 52 min yep 71
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 53 min thetruth 233,133
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 55 min thetruth 10
More from around the web