'Look,*you* are the one who has continually asked posters on the forum "Why do you believe men?" as if this were somehow a mistake, and ine you are somehow "above."'
- I do, and how many answers haver you seen with honesty be posted? Look deeper padre for the meaning.
- Why should I believe men?
- What do these men have that I do not have?
- Am I not worthy of "God", if they are?
- If not, what did those indidvuals do that caused them to be superior?
- Can I achieve that 'superiority'?
- How do I do this?
Self - padre, it's all about what YOU can do to see that kingdom?
Now, why do you believe men?
Be honest. That will tell me if you really believe in anything.
"Claiming that someone here accepting canon is "believing men," but that YOU are somehow above that is nothing more than foolishness."
- Not only believing me, but believe 3rd generation men. Don't tell me you never heard of or even played the "Telephone Game". Because you know as well as I do, this is all you have to go on, when >>oral tradition<< occurs.
- Only when it is is written, do the words get changed again.
- Foolishness? Nah - just knowing that if I live my life in peace, kindness, and love, that I won't have to deal with the 'enemies' that you think may exist. One can be 'one with God', if one allows it. It does not require a ritual, a group, or even some Sunday at bingo in the gym.
Again, we've arrived at Self, at the choices we get to make in any given moment.
'Utilize men' is to to learn from them and hopefully, if you are paying attention, you can make yourself a better person. You should know this padre. Take advantage of it, but remember where it originates from - Spirit [Self], and you will learn to understand that which is within us, that will bring any salvation.
"All the texts you claim are "sayings of Jesus" come via the testimony of human beings, human beings that the vast majority of Christians did not find credible, or did not find enough support for to declare authoritative."
- men choosing what other men are to believe. Yes you are correct.
- Why do you think these men did this? Why did they let other people make the decision to believe what they wanted?
- Where is "God's approval" of this? A: only in men.
You brought your whole salvation down to two items. And that is good so we can compare and contrast them with Christiantiy.
First you write, "...it's all about what YOU can do to see that kingdom....
This is true for the Christian in the sense that they repent. If you can equate "see" with repent then we hold certain aspects in common.
Next you write, "...Spirit [Self], and you will learn to understand that which is within us, that will bring any salvation."
This is where it breaks down. Christianity believes the person of Jesus is our salvation. You believe in learning to understand what is within us brings salvation.
This second part is difficult. Just knowing and understanding(to some degree) the sayings of Jesus is not salvation. They tend to promote peace, kindness, love, which many welcome, including you(by your own words). And so you are committed to them.(To me that is a good thing as well.) But it falls short.
Seeing(Repenting)knowledge and understanding(cause feeling good) are only half of the picture. The other half is faith. Faith in Jesus as a person makes one a Christian. You are taking the easy part of peace, kindness, and love, and leaving out the struggle, fighting..., and eventual victory in Christ.