Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690404 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#403456 Nov 19, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes KM - I am quite serious.
Unfortunately, it appears you don't think I am.
What would I expect from someone who doesn't believe in all of what Jesus taught?
- you've proven it for me
And just who is the --> ME <-- that any one has to prove any thing to...

you don't accept God's word... SO just why would any one believe you

would believe me or my wife...
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#403457 Nov 19, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise the Lord that you are ok, Regina....
You don't know what it means to me that you have had a chance to check in....
Heavenly Father,
Thank you so much for protecting Regina through the storm.
Father, we pray that you will continue to help Regina and the many other people that have been affected by this storm to get back on their feet.
Father, give them the strength they need to continue to rebuild there lives and let them know that you, Father, are standing beside them.
Father, we pray that people from all of the world will continue to help these people until their lives have been restored.
In Jesus name, I pray these things. Amen!
Keep us posted, Regina, on how you are doing.
Blessings!
Amen!

Thank you so much, Hank, you're a very dear soul. I went back and read some posts and saw where you were asking about me and Robert said he was praying. It means a great deal, you have no idea. Or maybe you do. Yes, I think you do. Thank you again, my friend. As always, hope you and your family are well. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

#403459 Nov 19, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
These individuals you know.. Could they be anti Catholic? Perhaps they exaggerate a little?
You have to understand how bizarre those stories appear to be..
Kinda like when you told us about a nun you saw, sneak behind a curtain and guzzle the communion wine.

I'd forgotten about that story too.

That event took place in Gettysburg Pa when My nephew was married in the Roman Church there...

It happened when the priest has served the wine in the chalice that the priest attendant..( what eve they call her I am not familiar with the event)...

Stepped in an adjacent room....(where she thought she could not be seen by those in the congregation) She turned the chalice up and drink ever last drop that was in it.

there were man that witnessed this...

deny it if you wish..

SO WHAT IF YOU DO...

THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH ...CONCERNING THESE RELATED EVENTS...IF IT HAIR LIPS THE DEVIL.
preston

Athens, OH

#403460 Nov 19, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Your third-party anecdotes regarding the behaviour of supposed Catholic priests is one of the ways you cause trouble.
I could spend all day here pasting salacious stories about pentecostal preachers. But why?
You didn't answer my question. You didn't even give example of those 'supposed' priests.
I know that Pentecostal preachers sometimes fall into temptation. I've known a few of them of them, but I've known a lot more truly godly men. I would not in any sense defend the guilty ones by saying 'well, the Catholics do it, too.' Rather than say,'I am embarrassed about the huge problem in the CC', we are told that,'well, Protestants are guilty, too.'
Again, my question was, Can you, or anyone else SHOW me where I have made such a dumb statement as "I only said it to cause trouble?" I know that I didn't...but I was accused, so let the accuser prove it...
KayMarie
easy to do, and topix makes it very simple.

here is what you said and for no Godly reason only because the deil made you, I guess.

Keep trusting Him...and don't let the 'filthy dreamers' worry you. It was offensive, I'm sure, when you spoke of HAVING ONCE BEEN a drinker, but had had none for (was it) 36 years...and someone began calling you a 'filthy drunk'. But THAT is their problem...

KayMarie

and my response to you earlier.

and someone began calling you a 'filthy drunk'. But THAT is their problem...
KayMarie

ME;
but there is a big difference between me and people like oddjg and your old man.

I was man enough to admit that I shouldnt have called him that. your old man has made accusations against me, aND I have proved to him that they were lies, yet the old geezer aint got enough of god in him to admit that he is lying, not to mention WRONG.

and what is very evident on this forum, is that when one of you are called out,then you two switch places and continue
preston

Athens, OH

#403461 Nov 19, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Your story about the priest who told your friend that he was out of favor and refused him last rites and a Catholic burial reminded me of another story you told about a priest who told a girl to get an abortion while in the confessional. Hearing such stories 3rd hand and pasting them here leads me to believe you're just looking to stir things up.
Sorry Anthony. Those stories were not 3rd hand. I know both individuals personally.
KayMarie
so, you then are admitting that what you said is a lie.

dont surprise me in the least.

so ROB will soon come to the same conclusion as anthony had when he called you and mr fraud.

ananias and saphrira.

and it isnt any wonder, any two people that follow the likes of benny hinn gotta have something wrong in their psyche

#403462 Nov 19, 2012
OK...half an apology. Your punctuation was lacking, making it seem to say that "I said that."

Post 403403 preston said:
you show your true colors by saying that.you only said it to cause trouble and for no other reason. it certainly didnt glorify God in any way, did it?

KayMarie

#403463 Nov 19, 2012
who="preston"so, you then are admitting that what you said is a lie.
so ROB will soon come to the same conclusion as anthony had when he called you and mr fraud.
ananias and saphrira.
and it isnt any wonder, any two people that follow the likes of benny hinn gotta have something wrong in their psyche

And where do you see any admission of a lie? You make your own lies and accuse others of lying!

I don't follow Benny Hinn, but you can't hold a candle for Benny Hinn to shine by.

KayMarie
preston

Athens, OH

#403464 Nov 19, 2012
Clay wrote:
These individuals you know.. Could they be anti Catholic? Perhaps they exaggerate a little?
You have to understand how bizarre those stories appear to be..
Kinda like when you told us about a nun you saw, sneak behind a curtain and guzzle the communion wine.
Both of those individuals were Catholic. And I saw the third account myself at a Catholic wedding.
I am amazed at how easily you and others simply dismiss something that another says...though you do not know them OR the person who gave them.
Is that how the CC survives? By just denying the truth, and calling others liars?
I'm glad that I am a Protestant, and believe the commandments:
THOU SHALT NOT LIE...
By the way...tell me that the cursewords USED ON HERE recently weren't here.(I saw those, too. Don't believe in foul language.)
KayMarie
I never saw Clay use any curse words about you or your husband. he told the truth when he called him "nuts' and clay keeps his cool all of the time.

and YOU had to have used foul language when topix censored you, or they wouldnt have warned you.lol

and that shows that you and mr fraud are being watched very closely by topix.

"I am amazed at how easily you and others simply dismiss something that another says...though you do not know them OR the person who gave them."your words.

I quit being amazed at how easily your husband, who doesnt know me, will lie about me.lol HE DOES IT ALL OF THE TIME
preston

Athens, OH

#403465 Nov 19, 2012
OK...half an apology. Your punctuation was lacking, making it seem to say that "I said that."
you show your true colors by saying that.you only said it to cause trouble and for no other reason. it certainly didnt glorify God in any way, did it?
KayMarie
QUIT LYING.

YOU KNEW WHAT YOU SAID AND LIKE THOSE OTHER STORIES THAT YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT LYING ABOUT, IT IS JUST ANOTHER NAIL IN THAT box.

you said it to cause trouble, something that you seem to be very good at.

is that the reason why you and mr fraud have moved from church to church a lot?

they catch you two lying all of the time.

YOU DO KNOW THAT GOD AS WELL AS CHRSITIANS CANT STAND FOR PEOPLE TO LIE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE, DONT YOU?

tell us again about that fabricated lie about that nun, you shared with us before.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#403466 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
And just who is the --> ME <-- that any one has to prove any thing to...
you don't accept God's word... SO just why would any one believe you
would believe me or my wife...
You are right - you don't have to prove anything. Go on believing in only the portion of Jesus that others have told you to believe in.

I not asking you to believe me.

All I've been asking is "why you don't believe Jesus?"

Plain and simple.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#403467 Nov 19, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina M
Peace
I am glad you are back. Living in a hurricane prone area, and having gone through several of them, and losing property, I know what it is like for you all up there, and my heart goes out to you all.
The shock wears off, the daze will continue. The experience makes one sensitive. People will respond to that sensitivity in different ways. Some will be in fear of loss. I have fought that for years now. I recognize it quickly, if it comes to mind. Others will hoard things away, thinking it will carry them through such disasters. But there is no security in them. Others will be motivated by sacrificing more of themselves, and offering it up to help. It is the best way....
Hi, Robert! Peace be with you, as well. Thank you for your prayers, and this insightful post. I know people all over the world deal with this kind of thing, and much worse, all the time. Although we have our share of weather up here, this was more than we're used to. It threw us for a loop!

Fear is a terrible thing, isn't it? I'm well acquainted with it also. The selflessness of others during all this has been amazing. They're dealing with their own loss or have taken themselves far from home to help out, and for them we thank God.

Have a blessed and peaceful Thanksgiving!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#403468 Nov 19, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Marge! How are you, are you being good? I've missed you!
ReginaM,I am a week late and 7 dollars short,but glad to see you are back Regina.

My family has kept me posted about Jersey and what has been happening.Very distressing to say the least. One cousin lost his home down the shore to the storm,but he and his wife inland are fine,but very challenged by the needs of so many there.

If you want to share anything I thank you in advance for your willing to tell about what is going on there first hand.

Take care and God richly bless you and YOURS!
preston

Athens, OH

#403469 Nov 19, 2012
looks as if you got caught in another of your lies.

there were no punctation marks period.nor needed.

it was two distinct statements.and a question

you show your true colors by saying that.

you only said it(filthy drunk) to cause trouble and for no other reason.

it certainly didnt glorify God in any way, did it?

KayMarie

you might be even dumber that mr fraud, if that is possible.to clarify, I added "filthy drunk"so people might know what she said to ROB, and mr fraud can now come back on and say that I cursed you.lol
preston

Athens, OH

#403470 Nov 19, 2012
who="preston"so, you then are admitting that what you said is a lie.
ananias and saphrira.
And where do you see any admission of a lie? You make your own lies and accuse others of lying!
I don't follow Benny Hinn, but you can't hold a candle for Benny Hinn to shine by.
KayMarie
you are right, I dont hold a candle for benny hinn.

let him continue to walk in darkness,

until the Great White Throne Judgement

#403471 Nov 19, 2012
There is one that sure attempting
to scorn my wife and I
but.. as sure as God's.. in heaven
no matter how you try
you can't do wrong and get by

Oh you can`t do wrong and get by
No matter how hard you may try
So just do what you please and try to feel at ease
For you can`t do wrong and get by

No hypocrite can do wrong and get by
Salvation you say you`ve got but God knows you`ve not
So you can`t do wrong and get by

No liar can do wrong and get by
For when you have to die you can`t tell a single lie
And you can`t do wrong and get by

No drunkard can do wrong and get by
When you get so many drinks you may get by you think
But you can`t do wrong and get by

Pad

Fishers, IN

#403472 Nov 19, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Preston I do agree with your understanding of the Bible.
I believe in all the gifts of the Spirit.
I draw the line at people yelling and scream in a church, in what they believe is their prayer language to God, no one benefits from this , and I do believe it is fakes.
The Word tells us to energize or stimulate that gift which is within you or any of us who have been blessed with a charismatic gift from the Holy Spirit.

It is not for us to have to defend what the Lord has given to us.But people who have not experienced certain gifts do not understand them.But remember we all do not have the same gift."I pray with the understanding but I also pray in the Spirit."That is perhaps a gift the Lord gave to an individual who has a continuous prayer ministry.I consider it quite a fallacy on the part of any believer who is adamant against hearing that other believers for example speak in heavenly prayer language while in prayer.God gives to us to energize and bring to life a deep ministry within our lives that God alone gets glory over.We have to cling to that LTM,does God get the glory over what He gives to us?If not than the gift is false!

I will not argue over whether unknown tongues is for today or not.Some here are very much against hearing about such things,and that is their understanding.Mine is that what God gave me,I am responsible for,and will use it for His glory,not my own. Truth said to me of recent that Tongues is not for today,well his or her denomination rejects evidence of that being present in the church today.But the truth of the matter is,many believers in my time have experienced genuine demonstrations and uses of the gifts of the Spirit(charismatic),and they have enhanced their ministries,and prayer lives,and God is given the glory.

If those who have not had those experiences enjoy a vital and wonderful relationship with Christ without the charismatic gifts,than fine for them,and be blessed,but be careful not to mock or attack the experiences of others who know full well that the charismatic gifts are of God,and used for ministry,witnessing and prayer!
preston

Athens, OH

#403473 Nov 19, 2012
There is one that sure attempting
to scorn my wife and I
I think that there are more than one on this forum who have figured it out that you and your wife are not christians but are very good liars.

she couldnt take the heat when she got caught lying, now you have come back for awhile.

take turns often do you?LOL

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#403474 Nov 19, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right - you don't have to prove anything. Go on believing in only the portion of Jesus that others have told you to believe in.
I not asking you to believe me.
All I've been asking is "why you don't believe Jesus?"
Plain and simple.
NASL

Why do you believe,

" The perfect Savior said: "Son of Man consented with Sophia, his consort, and revealed a great androgynous light. His male name is designated 'Savior, Begetter of All Things'. His female name is designated 'All-Begettress Sophia'. Some call her 'Pistis'. ", from The Sophia of Jesus?

Its just words from some man?
Why don't you believe in Jesus the person?
Why do you believe Jesus is some emanation, angel?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#403475 Nov 19, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo .php?fbid=120889438069561& set=a.118208795004292.24650.11 6933195131852&type=1&t heater
Thank you for sharing thw phots Regina.
preston

Athens, OH

#403476 Nov 19, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Word tells us to energize or stimulate that gift which is within you or any of us who have been blessed with a charismatic gift from the Holy Spirit.
but be careful not to mock or attack the experiences of others who know full well that the charismatic gifts are of God,and used for ministry,witnessing and prayer!
neither LTM nor myself have attacked the actual gift of speaking in a language that others might know and understand.

why didnt you say something when mrs fraud tried to say That Jesus was speaking in tongues when He certainly DID NOT!

WHY WERE YOU SILENT, CAT GOT YOUR "TONGUE"?

but no one can convince people that this jibber jabber is of God.

for it is written, God is not the author of confusion and that is what LTM said.

so dont put words in her mouth.

address the lies told by mrs fraud, if you feel the need to discuss fraudlent behavior.

as Christans we respect the Glorious Gifts given to us by our Creator, and on the reverse side, we abhor the fake 'gifts" as given to people like benny hinn et al.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leah Remini's A&E Series May Take on Jehovah's ... 2 hr Del1113 198
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr positronium 14,076
News Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness ... 4 hr Citizen 1
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Science 83,138
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 7 hr Faith 521,531
Near Rapture (Catching Up of All Believers)!! 10 hr The Bible Student 2
News North Texas Mosque Welcomes Public In to Learn ... 11 hr Faith 21
More from around the web