Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
375,301 - 375,320 of 538,904 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#389896 Sep 19, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't pray for ANY of those things. I pray that God will deliver FROM those things. He is doing a good job.
Evil is the nature of this world. GOOD is the nature of God's kingdom...and too many folk want nothing to do with it.
Simply put: You do not believe. God's Word says: "The just shall LIVE BY HIS FAITH." He even gives you the necessary faith; USE IT.
KayMarie
Well you'd better pray harder.

It doesn't seem to be working.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#389897 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson prepared a Bible for the Indians from which he removed the miracles. He did this because the Indians were very superstitious, and he wanted them to receive the gospel message without distractions.
KayMarie
Jefferson administered funding to build a church building for the Indians to worship in....

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#389898 Sep 19, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 10:28
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, <<<<<be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.>>>>>
How about if I'm afraid of neither.

I prefer to live my life without fear as mucha s possible.

Fear is such a dibilitating emotion.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#389899 Sep 19, 2012
the disciples [of Jesus] were first called Christians in Antioch"--not in Rome (Acts 11:26). Prophets from Jerusalem visited Antioch (verse 27), and resided there (Acts 13:1-3), with Barnabas and Saul being sent out from there. Even Paul was not sent out from Rome, although he held Roman citizenship (Acts 22:25-29). Nor was Peter. God was certainly making a point. Rome is not the center of his Work!

Peter Wasn't In Rome In The Early Days Of The Church:

The Apostle Paul had his "road to Damascus conversion". Note it was not a road to Rome conversion. It was sometime after Christ's resurrection and ascension to Heaven. "Then after three years I {Paul] went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days" (Galatians 1:15-18). Peter was obviously living in Jerusalem at that stage--not in Rome. "Then after fourteen [more] years, I [Paul] went up again to Jerusalem...and when James, Peter, and John...[agreed] we should go to the Gentiles and they to the Jews" (Gal 2:3,9).

So about two decades after the Church started with headquarters in Jerusalem--Peter was still there--mainly ministering to Jews and Israelites. Peter was not in Rome.

Peter Was Not Experienced In Dealing With Gentiles:

Paul said he met and publicly rebuked Peter in Antioch, for backtracking and hypocritically declining to eat with the Gentile converts in the presence of Jews. See the context of Galatians 2, and verses 11:21. There's no way Peter could have acted this way if he had been mainly ministering to Gentiles in Rome in the previous 20 years. The first major conference of the New Testament Church--held in Jerusalem, not Rome--about 49AD (17 years after it started), had the main item on its agenda the question:“Should Gentile converts be circumcised?”(Acts 15). This shows that relatively few Gentiles had been converted up to then, and Rome could not have been the center of the Church.
cont

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#389900 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Ever hear about auto accidents? Certainly my body is His temple. That is why He healed it.
Ever hear the quote: FOLLOW YOUR HEART?
KayMarie
So you probably don't use doctors, right?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#389901 Sep 19, 2012
Writing To Rome, Paul Never Acknowledged Peter Was There:

The Apostle Paul wrote to a group of believers in Rome almost 30 years after the Church of God started in Jerusalem--and before he ever got to Rome. Paul ended this Epistle to the Romans by greeting 28 people--without mentioning Peter's name! That would have been unthinkable if Peter was the first installed Pope in Rome.(See Romans 16).

Rome Was The Last Place Paul, The Apostle To The Gentiles, Visited--Not The First:

The New Testament records Paul’s 3 major missions to spread the Gospel. Rome is the last place the Bible mentions that Paul visited, showing it was hardly the most important.

Arriving In Rome, Paul Found Little Was Known About True Christianity:

When Paul got to Rome almost 30 years after the Jerusalem Church started, he found the leading Jews knew virtually nothing about the true Church. The Apostle to Israel, Peter, obviously had not been in Rome (Acts 28:14-29).

Writing From Rome Paul Never Mentions Peter Is There, Or Ever Was There:

None of Paul's letters state that Peter is with him in Rome, or ever was at Rome, even after Paul got to Rome about 59AD, The only conclusion is that Peter wasn't in and never had been in Rome. If he had been, Peter utterly failed to establish the Church there (from about 42 AD, the Catholic Church has claimed).
cont

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#389902 Sep 19, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jefferson administered funding to build a church building for the Indians to worship in....
From wiki:

Jefferson wanted to expand his borders into the Indian territories, without causing a full-scale war. Jeffersons original plan was to coerce native peoples to give up their own cultures, religions, and lifestyles in favor of western European culture, Christian religion, and a sedentary agricultural lifestyle.[1][2] Jefferson's expectation was that by assimilating the natives into a market-based, agricultural society and stripping them of their self-sufficiency, they would become economically heavily dependent on trade with white Americans, and would thereby be willing to give up land that they would otherwise not part with, in exchange for trade goods or to resolve unpaid debts.[6][3][7][8]

Truth, Truth.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#389903 Sep 19, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what evidence do you have that Jesus ever healed anybody?
What evidence do you have that he performed ANY miracles?
What evidence do you have that Jesus even existed?
And you can't use the bible. No book can be used as evidence of its own contents.
Think about it.
Well ...

The Bible cannot be cited as evidence of its inspired nature, at least, not legitimately.

But the scriptures are considered to be a record of what Jesus did, what He said, what He taught.

We have a pretty good line of where the NT came from, and who wrote it, for the most part. Many of the
etters attributed to Paul were in fact written by the same person, so we might as well call him Paul.

The letters attributed to "John" may not have come from the same person as the author of the Gospel according to John, but those letters and the Revelation all appear to come out of the same community, and show evidence of being written by those highly influenced by the author of the Gospel of John.

We have good evidence of the use of Mark by the authors of Matthew and Luke, and of the existence of the Q document, even though we don't have that document itself.

All of these are writings of the first century, except perhaps the Gospel of John, which os probably dated about 110.

You could look into source criticism or textual criticism, if you really want to have a line on what yo ought to think of the books of the NT.(You can apply the same methods to the OT, but it gets harder and harder, the more ancient the text is.)

You keep saying there is no historical evidence, but in fact the Christians are referred to by Tacitus, in his account of the fire of 64 A.D. Tacistus refers to the Christians as followers of "Christua," whom Tacitus says was executed by "one of our procuraotors, Pontius Pilate."

The Annals of Tacitus could probably be dafely dated as 116 or 117.

Rob
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#389904 Sep 19, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The "soul" is purely a product of your imagination.
What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#389905 Sep 19, 2012
THIS IS ALSO A VERY GGOOD REASON WHY PETER WAS NOT THE VERY FIRST POPE.

If Peter Was Pope, He Failed To Stop Rome From Executing Paul (Or Himself):

If Peter ever reached Rome, he failed to stop Rome from executing himself and Paul. Paul stated that all forsook him when he was first tried by Rome. Near his death Paul said "only Luke is with me". Neither Peter--because he wasn’t there--nor the congregation in Rome, supported Paul as he faced his final trial.(See 2 Timothy 4:11,16-17).

If he was in Rome (which he wasn’t), Peter forsook Paul in his greatest hour of need. It never happened because Peter wasn’t there.

Roman Catholic tradition holds that both Peter and Paul were executed by Rome in Rome. Even if true, it says nothing for Peter's alleged powers as Pontifex Maximus of the Universal Church. Nor does it explain why Rome claimed Peter after killing him.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#389906 Sep 19, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am.
My body is mine. It is, really, all that I truly own.
If I take care of it, it will take care of me.
I can't say enough about proper diet and exercise. I'm entering the last part of my life. I have seen people deteriorate and die. And I have seen their quality of life disappear long before they died.
I'm doing what I can now to see that the last decades of my life will be met with energy and vitality. I abused my body for many years. Fortunately, I knew when enough was enough.

You know the truth...you've already mentioned it...though you left out a part of it. "You ARE NOT YOUR OWN...know you not that YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST?

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#389907 Sep 19, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if I'm afraid of neither.
I prefer to live my life without fear as mucha s possible.
Fear is such a dibilitating emotion.
"And though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory."

Think about it...
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#389908 Sep 19, 2012
The Headquarters Of The True Church Never Was Rome, And Never Will Be!:

The early Church of God had its headquarters in Jerusalem. A second center used by the Apostles was Antioch. Paul used various other places--including Athens--before reaching Rome. It is instructive to look at a map of his journeys, found in many Bibles or in a good Bible reference book. The important prophetic Book of Revelation, which was given by Jesus to the last living member of the 12 Apostles--John--was received on the Isle of Patmos. It wasn't given to the Apostle Peter, nor was it given in Rome. The prophecy outlines 7 Churches in Gentile Asia Minor, which symbolize the 7 successive Eras of the true Church, until Christ returns. This is clear from the fact that the last two will still be around then. Not one of them is located at Rome.(See Revelation 2 and 3; 1:20; 11:3-4).[The Two Witnesses of God are two prophets who will represent--and will be supported by--the last two Eras of the true Church shortly before the Second Coming of Jesus.(See Revelation chapter 11)].

Rome Crucified Jesus And His Apostles:

Rome crucified Jesus, executed 11 of his 12 disciples, destroyed Jerusalem, the original headquarters of the true Church, and burnt down God's physical Temple there in 70 AD, killing about a million Jews--the people of Jesus' heritage. By its very nature, Rome is antagonistic to Jews, and Christians who follow the real Jesus, since they teach obedience to the Law of God.(Romans 8:7 and its context explain why).

Rome Demonstrably Worships ‘Another Jesus’:

The very ‘face of Jesus’ which the Vatican has promoted, with its unmanly long hair and feminized non-Jewish features--has been proved to be a copy of the face of Jupiter, the chief god of the ancient Romans, Babylonians, and Greeks--who symbolized Satan--whom Paul called “the god of this world”(see 2 Corinthians 4:4, Revelation 12:9). It was copied from the most important of the Seven Wonders of the (pagan) World, the enormous statue of Jupiter in the Temple of Jupiter, at Olympia in Greece.(See "The Seven Wonders of the World" by noted British archaeologist John Romer; published by Seven Dials, London). Not only is the Roman Church built on a fictional foundation, it has plagiarized, distorted, and opposed Divine revelation in Scripture--and preaches "another Gospel" (Galatians 1:6-11). Many of its doctrines are the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#389909 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Why would the 'means' make a difference? He didn't toss out the miracles...or disbelieve them. He wanted to present the message of God's love to the Indians, without making them think that God was just another witch doctor with imaginary miracles.
KayMarie
He published an edited version of the scriptures.
Een Readers' Digest didn't do that.
They " edited' what they thought to be most important for understanding, but all the other words are still there, off in a separate column, so hat the reader can look at them in context, should he choose to.
Jefferson chopped out some passages completely, and then published as if a complete work.
This is not the same as citing a passage.
If would have been more morally correct for him to have published tracts than to have published an edited "Bible."
As I said, if his motive was as you describe, then he was not as bad as I thought. Merely a bit misguided as to what was acceptable to reach his goal, and what line ought never be crossed (editing out scripture.)
Rob
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#389910 Sep 19, 2012
A Pagan Roman Emperor Kick-Started What Became The Vatican-based Church:

The Roman Emperor Constantine’s decree at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD that no-one should "Judaize" led to the Roman Catholic Church. This was in direct conflict with Jesus who said “Salvation is of the Jews”. Rome openly brags that it abandoned God’s 7th Day Sabbath, instead venerating the Day of the Sun--at the opposite end of the week! Rome also opposes God’s Commandment against worshipping him via idols. Indeed the Catholic Bible illegally re-arranges the 10 Commandments to “allow” idol worship.

Virtually the last words of the most eloquent prophet of the Hebrew Scriptures

--Isaiah--are a prophecy that in God's New Jerusalem, "from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall worship" God (Isaiah 66:23). Isaiah was not predicting observance of a Roman Sunday in the Kingdom of God. Isaiah was saying the Law of God will never be done away, and the 7th day of the week Sabbath, made at Creation, will be observed worldwide!

God is coming to Earth. People don't go to Heaven. That's another Catholic idea that is exactly opposite to what the Bible teaches. If people have immortal souls, Jesus never really died, and never really needed to be resurrected. And you are yet in your sins, as Paul said.“The immortality of the soul” is a doctrine borrowed from the pagans. It is a heresy not supported by the Bible, which teaches that the wages of sin is death!(Romans 6:23). Sin is the transgression of God’s Law (1 John 3:4)--including the Sabbath Law. Jesus died for our sins. True Christians repent and stop sinning with the help of God’s Holy Spirit. Satan’s oldest lie to humans, is that if humans eat of the forbidden fruit—thereby sinning—they will never die, but be immortal (Genesis 3:1-4).
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#389911 Sep 19, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
From wiki:
Jefferson wanted to expand his borders into the Indian territories, without causing a full-scale war. Jeffersons original plan was to coerce native peoples to give up their own cultures, religions, and lifestyles in favor of western European culture, Christian religion, and a sedentary agricultural lifestyle.[1][2] Jefferson's expectation was that by assimilating the natives into a market-based, agricultural society and stripping them of their self-sufficiency, they would become economically heavily dependent on trade with white Americans, and would thereby be willing to give up land that they would otherwise not part with, in exchange for trade goods or to resolve unpaid debts.[6][3][7][8]
Truth, Truth.
You do know that Wiki is not always accurate...look at history and learn....
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#389912 Sep 19, 2012
The First Pope, In The Real Sense Of The Word, Was Leo I (440-461 AD)":

So says the "Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature" Vol 7, page 629. The first Pope certainly wasn’t the Apostle Peter.

"During the reign of Leo I, the church set up, within the Roman Empire, an ecclesiastical state which, in its constitution and its administrative system, was shaping itself upon the imperial [pagan Roman] model" according to Myers "Ancient History". The prophet Daniel predicted the Abomination of Desolation, will be placed in Jerusalem’s holy place to stop ISRAELITISH SACRIFICES, about 3½ years before the Messiah appears in Jerusalem. It will lead to the coming Great Tribulation against all 12 Tribes of Israel. Jerusalem will be surrounded and attacked by GENTILE ARMIES (Luke 21:20-24). This also indicates the Harlot Church supporting the attack (Rev 17) is Gentile. The original Abomination that Desolated the Jerusalem Temple was a statue of Jupiter--which symbolized Satan, invading God's Temple. It may have been the very statue of Jupiter in the Vatican, that Rome now calls ‘Saint Peter’.

This religious-political-military-c ommercial system started by the rebel Nimrod,(who built the Tower of Babel) spread worldwide after Noah’s Flood, and has been continued by Rome for several thousands of years.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#389913 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text>
You know the truth...you've already mentioned it...though you left out a part of it. "You ARE NOT YOUR OWN...know you not that YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST?
KayMarie
Sorry.

I don't believe in ghosts.

You seem to be making a series of unsupported and unsupportable claims as fact.

How do you do that in good conscience?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#389914 Sep 19, 2012
The Messiah Will Not Arrive In Rome. He’s Arriving In Jerusalem:

Jesus is returning to Jerusalem, as many Old and New Testament prophecies predict. Such as Zechariah 14:1-4, "Behold the day of the LORD is coming...I will gather all [Gentile] nations against Jerusalem [including the modern day descendants of the Romans and Babylonians]...the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations...And in that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the East..."

The New Testament confirms this battle will take place. It predicts demons (fallen angels) will perform supernatural signs which will persuade "the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather to the battle of the great day of God Almighty ...[gathering] together [at] Armageddon" (Revelation 16:14-15). Rome never has been, and never will be the headquarters of the true Church of God.

The reader is advised to look out for God’s Two Witnesses in Jerusalem (who will represent the true Church), and who will oppose Rome’s claims. They will call for obedience to God’s Law, including genuine Friday-sunset to Saturday-sunset Sabbath observance, in compliance with God’s 4th Commandment.

Those who continue to disobey and receive the mark of the Beast will suffer the last 7 plagues of God.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#389915 Sep 19, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"And though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory."
Think about it...
Sure.

Done.

That was easy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 4 min Jooosh04 1,034
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Thinking 226,327
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 10 min Love Hurghada 364,519
ISIS version of "Caliphate" feasible in UK? 26 min nope 26
Oakwood's Islam expert says ISIS does not repre... 28 min Joe 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min Frijoles 68,966
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr Paki_Jatt_Soorma 50,142
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••