Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650543 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#388847 Sep 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

These folks spread many many false rumors about our faith. Frankly, i don't attempt to convert any of them because they are staunchly anti Catholic and not going to care anyway. But I do attempt to rebut what they are saying for the simple fact that somewhere, someone is teeter tottering on their faith; they google a couple things and end up on this forum. Do I want them to see a rant about anti Catholic propaganda that could potentially snow ball into a handful of people leaving the Church.

All these Protestant sects started out as 'store front' Churches with a dozen ideologues. Now they number into the thousands.
If they are preaching truth- which SOMETIMES they are. I am content with that. If its purely a falsehood against my faith, I want to stop it.
2. I come on here because theology keeps me on my toes and I have much to learn about it. The topic is so vast and never ending. Catholicism alone is vast. I'd rather do this than watch American Idol.

At least we have something in common (I'd rather do this than watch American Idol).

It would be very profitable if you would call attention to the truth that the Protestants are teaching. It would make the discussion more pleasant.

As to being 'staunchly Protestant', what's the difference in that and being 'staunchly Catholic'? Don't you toss out the bones when you eat your Thanksgiving turkey? Why choke on those things that we KNOW are not right?

There won't be different floors for us in heaven, and God promotes unity and love of the brethren, so we need to get our selves in order before it's too late.

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#388848 Sep 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I don't know either. Maybe he will come back on and answer.
I still believe him to be an ordained Catholic Priest.
The page he posted seemed to be a public forum with some disgruntled guy that hates him. I dunno....
OK....we will see...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#388849 Sep 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>go with your instinct, I certainly didnt like him when he came on and I still dont.
OK...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#388850 Sep 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
True, the Holy Spirit will NEVER leave you.
But YOU can leave the Holy Spirit. People do it everyday Marge. Its part of life. Free will.
We can choose good vs evil. Free will is a gift from God.
Let me see. A Believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior has the Holy Spirit indwelling in them and somehow the Believer can leave the indwelling Holy Spirit??? Interesting. How does that happen? How does the Believer tell the Holy Spirit to leave when the Holy Spirit indwells them. A true Believer would never even consider the Holy Spirit being tossed. Your rational makes absolutely no sense. Why? Because you know nothing of the Holy Spirit of God.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#388851 Sep 14, 2012
Anyone on this forum can answer the following question.

When does a believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior receive eternal life?
preston

Athens, OH

#388852 Sep 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, I know about that. I was implying you are ignorant. Thats all. If you're not 'ignorant' about people of color, I apologize. I still think you are ignorant of religions and history though...
I can be ignorant of many things but as long as I know God and His will, I will be alright.

How about you, when did you give your life over to the Lord and receive Salvation?

for when all is said and done, nothing else will matter.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

you can read this verse in the book of Mark and read it for yourself and you will not have to wait maybe a year until your church brings it forward.LOL
preston

Athens, OH

#388853 Sep 14, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see. A Believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior has the Holy Spirit indwelling in them and somehow the Believer can leave the indwelling Holy Spirit??? Interesting. How does that happen? How does the Believer tell the Holy Spirit to leave when the Holy Spirit indwells them. A true Believer would never even consider the Holy Spirit being tossed. Your rational makes absolutely no sense. Why? Because you know nothing of the Holy Spirit of God.
read about the house that was cleansed. read about the uncleand vessel hat The Holy Spirit wouldnt live in.

those lessons are Spiritual in nature and that is how YOU must look at them.

how can you be a deacon and not know that? this is about the second time that I have had to question your Biblical knowledge and found you wanting!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#388854 Sep 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>when hermi mentioned God commands, both hank and I showed him what the Bible says about repentance.
NOW YOU SHOW US WHERE ANY APOSTLE TRANSFERRED ANY AUTHORITY TO ANY OTHER PERSON WHO FOLLOWED THEM
Are you saying the Apostles were the only Christians that could hear confessions and forgive sins?
How lucky it must of been for those few Christians that had their sins forgiven by the Apostles. The next 100 generations were not so lucky....

Consider the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles. The men who sat at the dinner table with Peter, Paul, John...

Consider the next generation of Christians those men taught.

Now add another 12 generations to that and you have the compilation of the New Testament. FINALLY the truth is revealed, right?
Not so, divine tradition and word (bible) HAS to be equally embraced per ones true faith in Jesus Christ.
preston

Athens, OH

#388855 Sep 14, 2012
OldJG wrote:
receiving Salvation and keeping it are TWO different issues
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#388856 Sep 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the Apostles were the only Christians that could hear confessions and forgive sins?
How lucky it must of been for those few Christians that had their sins forgiven by the Apostles. The next 100 generations were not so lucky....
Consider the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles. The men who sat at the dinner table with Peter, Paul, John...
Now add another 12 generations to that and you have the compilation of the New Testament. FINALLY the truth is revealed, right?
Not so, divine tradition and word (bible) HAS to be equally embraced per ones true faith in Jesus Christ.
You wrote:

Why weren't they lucky???

Remember the BLOOD of CHRIST....

Hebrews 9:15

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance¬ó<<<< <now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.>>>>>
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#388857 Sep 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I owe you no apology, when I speak, i speak the truth, however one thing that I have never done is mock the {illnessses}, your words of another person, and only you and mr fraud have stooped to that level.
and lest I forget, even reggie has spoke against more that mr and mrs fraud and PAD, between those three, I have read 15 posts that they have made.and they c ertainly havent made as many posts as Hank
Do not make the same mistake I made. We have to speak the truth in love and if we do not we are nothing more than a clanging cymbal as described in I Corinthinas 13:1. Without love it means nothing!

Ephesians 4:11-16, 11 "And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head--Christ--16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love."
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#388858 Sep 14, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
The Apostles passed this authority to the next generation they ordained.
NOPE!
JESUS was speaking to the apostles only.
His words were NOT addressed to Catholic bishops and priests and there is no mention of successors!!!
True, there is no mention of successors in the Bible. Then again, the bible doesn't dot every 'i' and cross every 't' when it comes to Christianity. Sometimes we have to connect the logical dot.
What was Jesus Christ starting? A Church.

Was the Church going to last 60 or 70 yrs until the death of John the Apostle? No!!
It was going to last until the end of time. The Bishops are the validly ordained successors of this Church.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#388859 Sep 14, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
preston wrote:
<quoted text>read about the house that was cleansed. read about the uncleand vessel hat The Holy Spirit wouldnt live in.
how can you be a deacon and not know that? this is about the second time that I have had to question your Biblical knowledge and found you wanting!
Your lack of knowledge is so evident my 7 year old Grand Daughter knows more than you do.

Provide NEW TESTAMENT Scripture to back up your BOLOGNA.

I love dealing with you. You know so little and act so smart.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#388860 Sep 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"since i dont like drunks"
wow, you sound just like Jesus! lol
I suppose you don't like dem colored fellas either? awe hih.
YOU WROTE

since i dont like drunks"

WHY DO YOU YOU LIE ON JESUS

JESUS CAME TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THEM THAT WERE LOST...

IN WHAT WAY DOES YOUR NOT LIKING DRUNKS HAVE TO DO WITH..IT.

___

WHEN JESUS AROSE FROM THE DEAD WHOM DID HE APPEAR TO FIRST?

A FORMER DEMONIC PERSON...

Mar 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

IT IS A GOOD THING GOD LOVES YOU AND PRESTON... BOTH OF YOUR ENTERTAIN EVIL SPIRITS...

PRESTON HATES ME AND MY WIFE..HE WONT SAY ANY THING GOOD ABOUT EITHER ONE OF US...HE HAS SLANDERED AND LIED ON ME AND CALLED ME A FRAUD FOR YEARS.

NOW HE ATTACKS MY WIFE..WITH OUT ANY CAUSE WHAT SO EVER...

AND THE BIBLE SAYS...TO HIM

1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

HE IS A MURDERER AT HEART.
preston

Athens, OH

#388861 Sep 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, but the Bible doesnt agree with the lies that you have been taught, and you beieve that I am ignorant.LOL

Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#388862 Sep 14, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
preston wrote:
<quoted text>read about the house that was cleansed. read about the uncleand vessel hat The Holy Spirit wouldnt live in.
YOUR IGNORANT QUOTE, "read about the house that was cleansed. read about the uncleand vessel hat The Holy Spirit wouldnt live in. END IGNORANT QUOTE.

Clay, was talking about a person telling the Holy Spirit to leave. We are not talking about the Holy Spirit not living in an unclean vessel to begin with. Get on the right page or clam up.
preston

Athens, OH

#388863 Sep 14, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your lack of knowledge is so evident my 7 year old Grand Daughter knows more than you do.
Provide NEW TESTAMENT Scripture to back up your BOLOGNA.
I love dealing with you. You know so little and act so smart.
I seem to know more than you do and it is evident.

and Hank and I have showed enough Scriptures that even a blind man can see that OSAS is not Biblical.lol
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#388864 Sep 14, 2012
OldJG wrote:
preston wrote:
<quoted text>receiving Salvation and keeping it are TWO different issues
Your quote, "receiving Salvation and keeping it are TWO different issues" End quote.

You are calling Jesus Christ a liar. You believe that eternal life is not eternal. You believe we can somehow receive eternal life and it is something other than eternal life. When does eternal life become eternal life? Is it based on what we do or is it based on the promise and grace of God?

Try again. "When does a believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior receive eternal life."
preston

Athens, OH

#388865 Sep 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
since i dont like drunks"
WHY DO YOU YOU LIE ON JESUS
JESUS CAME TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THEM THAT WERE LOST...
IN WHAT WAY DOES YOUR NOT LIKING DRUNKS HAVE TO DO WITH..IT.
___
WHEN JESUS AROSE FROM THE DEAD WHOM DID HE APPEAR TO FIRST?
A FORMER DEMONIC PERSON...
Mar 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
IT IS A GOOD THING GOD LOVES YOU AND PRESTON... BOTH OF YOUR ENTERTAIN EVIL SPIRITS...
PRESTON HATES ME AND MY WIFE..HE WONT SAY ANY THING GOOD ABOUT EITHER ONE OF US...HE HAS SLANDERED AND LIED ON ME AND CALLED ME A FRAUD FOR YEARS.
NOW HE ATTACKS MY WIFE..WITH OUT ANY CAUSE WHAT SO EVER...
AND THE BIBLE SAYS...TO HIM
1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
HE IS A MURDERER AT HEART.
at no time have I ever said that I hate you, I despise what you stand for and that is fraud.

It was God thatshowed me how to out you and you know it.

PS. the man that continued to drink poison finally died by using it. he did have enough sense to know that it will build up in your system until you died.

and the idiots sat there and watched some man die from a ratlesnake bite and then told his widow that he didnt have faith.

sounds like something that you would say, getting back to Hate, nope there aint no hate in me, but I sure do pity you.
OldJG

San Francisco, CA

#388866 Sep 14, 2012
Why does anyone actually care? As I've stated countless times god(lowercase g, as it's a common noun) is a myth perpetuated by idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Eagle 12 256,086
News Body found at Jehovah's Witness facility in Pal... (Mar '15) 10 min CHC 17
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 10 min It aint necessari... 16,281
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 15 min Syriana 490,484
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 29 min Joel 253,557
News John Swoboda (Apr '12) 59 min Teri 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 40,793
More from around the web