Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#139823 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
And dave, don't think that you will spared in the coming days of judgement simply because you worship the holy magnet. Any believer is subject to our wrath, no matter if his beliefs are inspired by his culture or by his schizophrenia.
you mean subject to the wrath of arrogant retards that are actually inferior to believers.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139824 Nov 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a personal conviction against high capacity assault weapons in the hands of citizens. I don’t want to impose that conviction on my fellow citizens. We should have the right to own guns for self defense.
Wait.. I didn't really read your post at first because I was too busy warning you of the coming christacolypse, so I just noticed this.

Really? You frickin' loon. You don't want to inconvenience your fellow citizens with your conviction against high capacity assault rifles? How kind of you eagle. The *only* purpose for a high capacity assault rifle is mayhem. They are not practical for self defense. What are you gonna do, spray covering fire at an intruder? The only reason you would need a very large clip is to kill a lot of people at once.

Location hidden

#139825 Nov 21, 2012
atheists dont have a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean subject to the wrath of arrogant retards that are actually inferior to believers.
So you accept your fate, then? Smart, this one. He bows before the almighty atheist war machine. Perhaps we will keep you as a pet.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#139826 Nov 21, 2012
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#139827 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
US Army, 1969-1976.
When were you in?
"Is there any such thing as being "too passionate?" maybe if more people were passionate about their fellow humans we might have a little better world."
Evangelical Christianity is all about that.
"So by your standards a person who is passionate and has strong ideologies can't be rational? That might well be true for the religious fanatic, but not for someone who weighs all the facts and then comes to an intelligent and logical conclusion."
That ain't you, Bubba.
"Maybe the parents who are selling their children into slavery think it's ok since the God of the bible endorsed it. Do you somehow feel that these parents selling their children into slavery square your Gods stance on slavery?"
That is done primarily in nations like India and other non-Christian areas.
You are an irrational ideologue. Full of shit, too.
Those wars were fought for ideologies, not for defense of this nation.
Yeah, just I suspected, a punk. They don'y take punks into the Army, now you can piss off!!!
atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#139828 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So you accept your fate, then? Smart, this one. He bows before the almighty atheist war machine. Perhaps we will keep you as a pet.
Well, I know that atheists are limited to the tools of arrogance and selfishness when dealing with the inferiority complex that they have around christians, or for that matter, anyone that does anything better than they do. lol.(I understand that since they're afraid to cry, they've gotta do something so they're limited to the tools that they have). But according to their arrogance, they turn it around and blame the christians for somehow making them feel inferior, when the real problem is that they are inferior. Of course they shouldn't be so arrogant and selfish, but who knows if they'll ever learn that.
So, I don't believe in fate.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#139829 Nov 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
...Let the facts be known that un-repented murderers will not enter into Gods Kingdom.....
Not sure about the "fact" part but that is what the Bible says.
In fact there is no sacrifices in th entire OT for a single intentional sin, only true and deep repentance.

Something that Christinaity has over looked. According to the OT no sacrifce, not even Jesus, can forgive unreppented intentional sins.

Example:
Went out of you way to shag you wife's friend and aren't ashamed of it then you committed the intentional sin of adultery and are unrepentant. Guess what, Jesus can't help you.

Location hidden

#139830 Nov 21, 2012
atheists dont have a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I know that atheists are limited to the tools of arrogance and selfishness when dealing with the inferiority complex that they have around christians, or for that matter, anyone that does anything better than they do. lol.(I understand that since they're afraid to cry, they've gotta do something so they're limited to the tools that they have). But according to their arrogance, they turn it around and blame the christians for somehow making them feel inferior, when the real problem is that they are inferior. Of course they shouldn't be so arrogant and selfish, but who knows if they'll ever learn that.
So, I don't believe in fate.
Ah, I can see why you don't believe in fate. Your post was totally related to your conclusion, and you provided as good a discussion an fate as any philosopher that ever was.

Location hidden

#139831 Nov 21, 2012
*on fate

“"None shall pass"”

There

#139832 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are quite astute to have discovered our plot already - you are right indeed - the far left is our base of operations.
Your guns will be your downfall. Why do you think they're so easy to get here? We hand them out like candy, lulling you into a false sense of security, and then when we strike, we disable them through the chips we have placed in every one. You better hope you have a musket, because we've been doing this for a long time.
I tell you this because I like you eagle. Prepare. Only god can save you now.
I sell chip disabling kits on the black market. I send 10% of all the money to Billy Graham as tithes. LOL

Location hidden

#139833 Nov 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about the "fact" part but that is what the Bible says.
In fact there is no sacrifices in th entire OT for a single intentional sin, only true and deep repentance.
Something that Christinaity has over looked. According to the OT no sacrifce, not even Jesus, can forgive unreppented intentional sins.
Example:
Went out of you way to shag you wife's friend and aren't ashamed of it then you committed the intentional sin of adultery and are unrepentant. Guess what, Jesus can't help you.
And if there was ever a crime worthy of damnation, it's adultery.

Location hidden

#139834 Nov 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I sell chip disabling kits on the black market. I send 10% of all the money to Billy Graham as tithes. LOL
Our chips cannot be disabled, but I applaud your effort in the face of certain doom. Admirable, but futile. You only ensure that Billy Graham will die comfortably.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#139835 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And if there was ever a crime worthy of damnation, it's adultery.
The topic of adultery is IMHO a much misunderstood topic. It is the betrayal that makes it a "sin" not the act itself. Most of the religious (not just Christian) taboos center around trust, personal, communal and national.
However, as Jesus and others pointed out, the Letter of the law is a POS and unless you understand the Spirit of the law you are just making shit up. That is also the purpose (not always carried out)of the Supreme Courts in the USA.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#139836 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Our chips cannot be disabled,....
SHHHHHHHHH!!!!

You are helping the enemy. They don't know that. <smile>

Billy Graham has pushed more away from theism than any one in the last 100 years!

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#139837 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And if there was ever a crime worthy of damnation, it's adultery.
There’s lots of heartache and broken homes because of it.

Children end up being hurt the most.

Location hidden

#139838 Nov 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic of adultery is IMHO a much misunderstood topic. It is the betrayal that makes it a "sin" not the act itself. Most of the religious (not just Christian) taboos center around trust, personal, communal and national.
However, as Jesus and others pointed out, the Letter of the law is a POS and unless you understand the Spirit of the law you are just making shit up. That is also the purpose (not always carried out)of the Supreme Courts in the USA.
Obviously, the betrayal of trust is far worse than the act itself. Still not something worthy of damnation.

Location hidden

#139839 Nov 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s lots of heartache and broken homes because of it.
Children end up being hurt the most.
So, hell, forever?

Location hidden

#139840 Nov 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
SHHHHHHHHH!!!!
You are helping the enemy. They don't know that. <smile>
Billy Graham has pushed more away from theism than any one in the last 100 years!
I think the demonic stare of the current pope may be giving him a run for his money. That dude is terrifying.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#139841 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Wait.. I didn't really read your post at first because I was too busy warning you of the coming christacolypse, so I just noticed this.
Really? You frickin' loon. You don't want to inconvenience your fellow citizens with your conviction against high capacity assault rifles? How kind of you eagle. The *only* purpose for a high capacity assault rifle is mayhem. They are not practical for self defense. What are you gonna do, spray covering fire at an intruder? The only reason you would need a very large clip is to kill a lot of people at once.
I’m probably not the best person to take up the defense of assault weapons. But there are people that do competition shooting with these rifles. I don’t want one because I don’t want these kinds of weapons passed down to my children and grand children.

I prefer the hunting rifles, cowboy type rifles, shotguns and handguns. These military assault weapons are just too scary and I have a personal conviction against them. Now if I was living back in Texas and hunted wild hogs then I would consider a AR-15 type weapon.

Gun control is a slippery slope. But I believe there can be non partisan agreements on what can be done to keep the guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

Law abiding people should be able to own guns and ammunition. Handgun shooting at the range is a lot of fun and a real good stress reliever.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#139842 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, the betrayal of trust is far worse than the act itself. Still not something worthy of damnation.
Depends your use of the word 'damnation'. An untrustworthy person is reviled in almost every society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 35 min Fit2Serve 8,569
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 hr Syriana 518,735
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 3 hr Frindly 1,176
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 4 hr Frindly 1,428
Meditation & Spiritual Experiences! 4 hr Frindly 10
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 4 hr cutsie 1,725
Bible Challenge to Eagle 12 the COWARD 4 hr Frindly 7
More from around the web