Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
123,701 - 123,720 of 226,372 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#128183 Oct 7, 2012
08Oct12.....

.....BobLoblah is doin' some fishing in da Mediterranean and needs some bait.

Ps:.....are you available 'christineM'???....da fish would smell you 5 miles away. Just a matter of you hangin' your arse over da side of BobLoblah's boat...

...and den sum tooooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#128184 Oct 7, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no problem.
08Oct12.....

.....This common assinine expression 'no problem' is only commonly used by eeejits like you.

Ps:....It there was 'no problem' there would be NO need to say 'no problem'.

....dink about it, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#128186 Oct 7, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I have to say something that may interest you. I shouldn’t be posting it here – no idea why I’m telling this secret to you at all, really. But here it goes. We discovered a massive anomaly in our genetic research. As many of you know, I’m investigating a Vit A pathway involved in malaria…anyways, we ordered a copy of the chromosome containing the pathway and sequenced some foods important to this early Chinese population where the mutation evolved (ha! Evolution…oh…read on)– wet rice, pig and a kind of fruit.
I was shocked to notice an identical copy in the rice – impossible! I thought I’d contaminated the copy. Evolution doesn’t do that; each species has its own phylogeny, right? So I re-did the sequencing and it came out the same. I did it ten times more that night, not getting any sleep, and each time, the same. This strand of rice and human genetic material were identical. So I sequenced the pig – same results. Totally impossible! They found me sleeping in the lab and forced me to go home so I didn’t share my results with anyone that night.
Going over the results – again and again, so many times – I found a fatty-acid in a ring shape that contains a Higgs-Boson particle. No kidding, right? It should not be there. Fatty acids don’t bond to DNA like that, but there it was. I think other studies missed it b/c when you sequence DNA you just don’t use fatty acids, so the tests ignore them. Anyways, turns out it’s a controlling instruction set. It directs other controller genes (called HOX genes) to produce a given set of *species* specific information. As of yet I don’t know how it does this, but I’m guessing b/c epigenetics, via a calcium feedback loop, are monitoring the womb/early environment and going “ok, human” then communicating this information to the C-fatty acid.
Why are we calling it a C-fatty acid? Well…this is really hard for me…evolution doesn’t work this way. It cannot work this way. All species cannot have identical genetics (but not identical mutation – microevolution, right?) and a master controller. So it’s quite clear species on Earth are Designed. I hope you’ll forgive me that I named the fatty-acid “Creator-fatty acid.” I’m still an atheist, so I can’t say which deity made this, but…
Yeah. So we’re not going to publish. I can’t overturn accepted theory – what would biology do? We’re just going to destroy these results and toss out the datasets. Maybe 20 years from now, biological science will be ready. But not now.
Thank you for listening.
That fatty acid in a ring shape with the Higgs's boson.

Sounds like IANS wore that donut down doing laps. Bet he still won't admit they aren't infinite now. But you have scientific proof.

You shouldn't let friends into your lab. That probably fell through the pocket he kept it in.

Thanks for sharing.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#128187 Oct 7, 2012
Come to think of it, IANS has been missing for a few days.

You know he hasn't been doing those laps around that donut with his feet. Too big. He has been doing it with his mind in his spare time.

That little fatty acid ring and the Higg's boson in Hiding's lab.

I wonder...

Could IANS have made that final lap and then ran into God? Or a piece of him, anyhow? Right there on his donut. The resultant phase shifts sent Hiding further into the twilight zone, and IANS only God knows where?

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#128188 Oct 7, 2012
http://christwire.org/2012/07/jesus-christ-ap...

Look Dave proof Jesus exists! You have a new outlet for praise and worship. It must be from Jesus himself!
Dave Nelson wrote:
Come to think of it, IANS has been missing for a few days.

You know he hasn't been doing those laps around that donut with his feet. Too big. He has been doing it with his mind in his spare time.

That little fatty acid ring and the Higg's boson in Hiding's lab.

I wonder...

Could IANS have made that final lap and then ran into God? Or a piece of him, anyhow? Right there on his donut. The resultant phase shifts sent Hiding further into the twilight zone, and IANS only God knows where?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#128189 Oct 7, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/05/ travel/felicity-aston-antarcti c-explorer/index.html?hpt=hp_c 1
One tough person.
She emphasizes the loneliness. That is what you will encounter in death. You just can't believe the lonely feeling. You just do it all by yourself.
But she was alive and had a mission and something to do, and managed to go on.
Don't count on having that option when you die.
Congratulations! Out of the seven billion plus people on this rather silly planet, you alone have discovered what happens when death comes knockin'. Why haven't you published yet?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#128191 Oct 7, 2012
Oh no!
Y'all didn't really spend all Saturday night debating & arguing did you?
Do any of you get laid?
*glub, glub, glub* AAAHHHH

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#128192 Oct 7, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I go by what form a god would choose for me. If it was outside my programming, it would have to let me know. I will not second guess it.
Besides, soft tails are more comfy than hard tails.
Dave, you may have just stumbled upon the secret of the universe. "Baby, I'm not breaking up with you 'cause you got fat, it's god's will that I date a college girl, it's in my programming, you see. Who are we to second guess the lord?"

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Wylie, TX

#128193 Oct 7, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
http://christwire.org/2012/07/ jesus-christ-appears-in-puppys -stinkspot-to-prove-divinity-o f-dogs/
Look Dave proof Jesus exists! You have a new outlet for praise and worship. It must be from Jesus himself!
<quoted text>
I'm a TRUE Christian and I'm up one on Mr. Nelson. Yes, the glorious image is from Jesus Hisself! HAH! I beat Mr. Nelson on the worship of this dog's rear! My pastor found out about this and our entire GODLY congregation has been worshiping at this altar. Our LORD loves TRUE Christians so much that he makes it easy to find Him on our pets' rears. Atheists' pets don't receive such GRACE from Jesus Christ Hisself. Glory!

Location hidden

#128194 Oct 7, 2012
"Hisself"?

Location hidden

#128195 Oct 7, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I have to say something that may interest you. I shouldn’t be posting it here – no idea why I’m telling this secret to you at all, really. But here it goes. We discovered a massive anomaly in our genetic research. As many of you know, I’m investigating a Vit A pathway involved in malaria…anyways, we ordered a copy of the chromosome containing the pathway and sequenced some foods important to this early Chinese population where the mutation evolved (ha! Evolution…oh…read on)– wet rice, pig and a kind of fruit.
I was shocked to notice an identical copy in the rice – impossible! I thought I’d contaminated the copy. Evolution doesn’t do that; each species has its own phylogeny, right? So I re-did the sequencing and it came out the same. I did it ten times more that night, not getting any sleep, and each time, the same. This strand of rice and human genetic material were identical. So I sequenced the pig – same results. Totally impossible! They found me sleeping in the lab and forced me to go home so I didn’t share my results with anyone that night.
Going over the results – again and again, so many times – I found a fatty-acid in a ring shape that contains a Higgs-Boson particle. No kidding, right? It should not be there. Fatty acids don’t bond to DNA like that, but there it was. I think other studies missed it b/c when you sequence DNA you just don’t use fatty acids, so the tests ignore them. Anyways, turns out it’s a controlling instruction set. It directs other controller genes (called HOX genes) to produce a given set of *species* specific information. As of yet I don’t know how it does this, but I’m guessing b/c epigenetics, via a calcium feedback loop, are monitoring the womb/early environment and going “ok, human” then communicating this information to the C-fatty acid.
Why are we calling it a C-fatty acid? Well…this is really hard for me…evolution doesn’t work this way. It cannot work this way. All species cannot have identical genetics (but not identical mutation – microevolution, right?) and a master controller. So it’s quite clear species on Earth are Designed. I hope you’ll forgive me that I named the fatty-acid “Creator-fatty acid.” I’m still an atheist, so I can’t say which deity made this, but…
Yeah. So we’re not going to publish. I can’t overturn accepted theory – what would biology do? We’re just going to destroy these results and toss out the datasets. Maybe 20 years from now, biological science will be ready. But not now.
Thank you for listening.
Damn you hiding. Yet another scientist working for the NWO master plan to convert the world to atheism.

Location hidden

#128196 Oct 7, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Oct12.....
.....BobLoblah has several Jewish slaves presently and several hundred Egyptian slaves, Middle-Eastern slaves, European slaves, and far Eastrern slaves.
Ps:.....along with dozens of slaves from da West.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
That's awesome BobLoblah. You are an equal opportunity slave master.

Location hidden

#128197 Oct 7, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That fatty acid in a ring shape with the Higgs's boson.
Sounds like IANS wore that donut down doing laps. Bet he still won't admit they aren't infinite now. But you have scientific proof.
You shouldn't let friends into your lab. That probably fell through the pocket he kept it in.
Thanks for sharing.
No way. Absolutely no way.

Location hidden

#128198 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh no!
Y'all didn't really spend all Saturday night debating & arguing did you?
Do any of you get laid?
*glub, glub, glub* AAAHHHH
I am a virgin for christ.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#128199 Oct 7, 2012
Just also posted this on the PTAG thread:

Georgia Republican congressman Paul Braun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell," meant to convince people that they don't need a savior.

Perhaps not surprising. But here's the clincher. Braun is on the House Science and Technology Committee.

Peachy, eh?

Let's see who here speaks up in support of the congressman's remarks.

Are you there, Dave?

Location hidden

#128200 Oct 7, 2012
So what if a congressman thinks that, Catch. It IS his right to believe so.
Do you think you're really on to something there?
LOL

Location hidden

#128201 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
Georgia Republican congressman Paul Braun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell," meant to convince people that they don't need a savior.
Perhaps not surprising. But here's the clincher. Braun is on the House Science and Technology Committee.
Peachy, eh?
Are you there, Dave?
That's good ol''merica for you. The sad thing is, while not many will exactly jump at the opportunity to support him, this will probably not hurt his political career, and it may even help him.

Location hidden

#128202 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
LOL
It is his right to believe whatever nonsense he wants, but do you really think it is appropriate for a man in a leadership position to behave in such a polarizing manner? Especially one who sits on the science and tech committee? Do you think that the US should be a theocracy? Do you think that we should allow the personal beliefs of our leaders to hold back the overall progress of science and tech, something that benefits all people?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#128203 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
LOL
You're absolutely correct, if Congressman Paul Braun chooses to be ignorant, that is his right.

It is also the right of any and all others to point out that ignorance.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#128204 Oct 7, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
Peachy, eh?
Are you there, Dave?
.. must be setting himself up for a presidential run ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Response to Bill O'Reilly: Jesus Didn't Start a... 6 min Mr Duplicity 149
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min CantHideTheTruth 364,799
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 539,054
Jews, blacks, and what binds all of us 7 min rabbee yehoshooah... 5
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 10 min tongangodz 11,826
100% Faith Free 12 min CunningLinguist 14
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 21 min Hungarian 101 1,053
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr Dak-original 50,157
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••