Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#125459 Sep 25, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that non-random does not imply there is an intelligence producing it. A very fundamental mistake.
Even less implication that it self organized out of chaos. Much less.

It is something you can not discount as gratuitously as some try to do. You cans step back and remove the assumption of original source and its means of doing such while doing your back engineering, which is something countless theist and deist scientists have done for a while,

You don't keep the rational middle ground by flat out denying that which you don't know.

Lamar, CO

#125460 Sep 25, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is incapable of not making this mistake.
Because Dave is not as emotionally irrational about the subject as you are.
SupaAFC

Aberdeen, UK

#125461 Sep 25, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You mad at a God you do not believe exists?
I am baffled that people like you believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing deity, then proceed to declare what he can and cannot do.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds more like agnostic. Do you really wnat to know if God exists? You will find out either way. Better sooner than later.
Agnostics suspend judgement, atheists assume that God does not exist.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a car. When i did i would fix it myself if i had to. Take care of the car and it normally does not break down. Do maintanence. Things like that. If i took my car to a mechanic it was one i knew and could trust.
You are ignoring the point. The point is that you do not really care about the evidence and reasoning behind your so-called academics; you simply agree with them because they suit your religious beliefs, then you flash out their credentials to legitimise their claims.

If you want to learn about biology, ask a biologist. Not a "creation scientist".

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#125462 Sep 25, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The man is talking sh!t when he suggests that he knows how to determine odds of anything. I simply pointed out his fantasy from another thread. He didn't know then and he doesn't know now. Why do you bow to a loser?
He is a fantastic writer and also an obviously very smart man.

Not to mention the free medical advice he give me from time to time.

OK. I already knew I should smoke and drink less. But, hey, my regular doc charges me a $15 co-pay to tell me the same thing.

Now ease up.
Ray

Trenton, NJ

#125463 Sep 25, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Then you need the right sun which just happens to be the case here. I got to work today. Hopefully Ray can help out.
sorry brother for letting you down, i had so much work to do it wasnt even funny. im off today and i still have work!

Columbus, OH

#125464 Sep 25, 2012
give - gives

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#125465 Sep 25, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I apologize for this, but I'm glad they're not from my country :) How disheartening! We don't have this kind of ignorance in Japan. Different kinds, for sure, but not like this.
The Christian church does a tremendous amount of damage to America. We have a right and a duty to resist them.
Ray

Trenton, NJ

#125466 Sep 25, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No what you do is elude yourself and delude yourself
and dilute the true meaning of what is achieved by this proclamation
of human beings.
youve not established anything youve said since ive left 3 days ago. i thing three days is enough to develop your arguement. since youve done nothing but assert that im wrong and have not given a single argument for your assertions, i will conclude that my case has been made and still stands. oh, and this statement really needs a bit if help. this statement could go exactly the other way around. you may be proclaiming this as the hope of mankind, but given atheism, the same statement can apply to you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#125468 Sep 25, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's great. Your posts were refreshing to read tonight. I like the way you take their confessions.:)
Thanks.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#125469 Sep 25, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Dave is not as emotionally irrational about the subject as you are.
Quite the contrary.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#125470 Sep 25, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a fantastic writer and also an obviously very smart man.
Not to mention the free medical advice he give me from time to time.
OK. I already knew I should smoke and drink less. But, hey, my regular doc charges me a $15 co-pay to tell me the same thing.
Now ease up.
Nano has a history of badgering IANS.

Oh...wait. She has a history of badgering everyone who espouses decency, logic and intelligent discussion.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#125471 Sep 25, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The American boy scouts burn more US flags than any other group. The US army are doing a great job of burning the Qur’an so you point was?
It appears that you want to impose your beliefs on the world. OK, your choice but don’t be surprised when people object. Tell me how would you feel if they attempted to impose sharia law on your community? I feel sure that you would object, I certainly would.
I employ several Muslims and often spend lunch time in conversation. Some time ago (just after 9/11) I asked why do Muslims hate the west so much. The reply was along the lines of - when the west stops shooting Muslim brothers and fathers, when the west stops raping our sisters, when the west stops stealing our land and imposing their values on us then we will stop hating the west.
Yes the western world tends to be democratic, that does not mean that all the world is democratic and that does not mean that you should force democracy on others whether then want it or not.
Wrong, Moslems in general don’t actually give a fig for what is said in the west just so long as it does not effect their faith. When it does affect their religious beliefs then … From you post I assume (perhaps wrongly) that you have been raised to accept no shit from foreigners. Guess what, they feel the same way about the Qur’an.
The Islamic faith is growing, it is currently the worlds fastest growing faith at around 2.2%(Guinness book of records) increase per year, the growth is particularly high in the west with conversions to Islam.
26Sep12.....

.....Wrong.

Its funny that you say Muslims (not Moslims) do not give a fig what is being said in the West when they fervently 'shout' that they give the 'Same' praise and protection of the name of ALL the prophets in addition to mohammed.

Where were these Muslims when the plasphemers in PussyRiot invaded a Christian cathedral!!!

You need to have more conversations with your Muslim employees (Not) and ask dem about all their suicide bombings and why they don't allow their females to get an education and how come Mohammed had so many, many wives...most below the age of 13.
As for the Islamic faith growing, you have a point there. That's why so many tens of thousands of Brits (who can afford it) have left the UK for better climes in France, Germany, The Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the US of A, and elsewhere.

Guess you will have to putUP with the 'bleeting' of da call to prayer at the local mosque at 3:30am each morning forever.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#125472 Sep 25, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem at all you condescending fool.
Ehm, public thread, when someone verbally abused me then I feel justified in replying in kind, If you don’t like the idea of free speech than tough, perhaps you need to move to some Muslim country where such luxuries are restricted.
26Sep12.....

.....You finally got 'Muslim' to be schpelled correctly.

Ps:....BobLoblah is a great teacher to the eeejits of TOPIX Forums.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Ray

Trenton, NJ

#125473 Sep 25, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You go to wild extremes to construct a fantasy version of reality and ask "what if" but you do not consider the fact "what if every thing you are saying is BS".
Which it is , and the simple truth is what I presented to you .
The universal rights of humanity. The moral guide set forth by the consensus of all free men / and women on this rolling dirt ball.
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.sht...
all im doing is putting things in the clearest terms possible. my scenarios are made to bring clarity to the idea at hand. second, you keep asserting that im wrong. that means nothing because youve given no proof that im wrong. im even assuming your position, not my own. just by saying im wrong you dont argue or defend anything. again, given atheism the world has no universal morality. only possible consensus which is no better or worse than the ideas put forward by any other culture. let me help you out. what you have to do now is give a logical, step by step argument to back up what you keep asserting.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#125474 Sep 25, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
See above
But I see you are using you god given right to guess. Have you ever thought of using actual facts or do you think it cool just to come in here and make comments based of one post
26Sep12.....

.....Tuco thinks that Blondie would have had a good look over some of your works to draw his conclusions.

Ps:....Even Angle Eyes didn't have your filty vocabulary.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#125475 Sep 25, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now ease up.
Yer not the boss of me!

I'll post what I please.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#125476 Sep 25, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The American boy scouts burn more US flags than any other group." WHAT?!? Oh my, my, my..... You are quite delusional...
Why do you hate Americans? Why do you hate Christians?
26Sep12.....

.....Because she is 'as poor as a Church mouse', obese, short and bowl-legged, jealous, and a real prick.

Ps:....and a schidt-for-brains.

She is also da shadow of 'hidingFromPhew'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Lamar, CO

#125477 Sep 25, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the contrary.
Oh, no, little girl. Your ego, with its seat bouncing desire to show your "education", has put blinders on you. You don't "think" enough about what you "learned". You enjoyed being the teacher's pet.

Your ego is not commensurate with your rational thinking ability, which has been crippled by your stunted emotional development.

Columbus, OH

#125478 Sep 25, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nano has a history of badgering IANS.
Oh...wait. She has a history of badgering everyone who espouses decency, logic and intelligent discussion.
I've been away too long I guess.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#125479 Sep 25, 2012
26Sep12.....

For 'Halloween'...

...BobLoblah wants to take da dime to make a recommendation to:

'hidingFromPhew','christineM', and 'itAin'tNecessarilySo'.....

Why don't you three eeejits pull condoms down over your heads and go 'door-to-door' trick'orTreating as 'Pricks'.

Ps:....No need to say anything. People will all know who you are anyways.

They will also know dat BobLoblah sentCha.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 min Melvin 17,477
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 hr CantHideTheTruth 523,885
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Subduction Zone 85,568
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Robert F 693,339
News Concordia University Reverses Course and Recogn... 9 hr Whoshgow 3
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 11 hr 15th Dalai Lama 4,905
God's Love VS God's Wrath and Vengeance For 15t... 14 hr dollarsbill 86
More from around the web