Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#206096 May 6, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"
The Comforter is a superior range of consciousness that will supposedly get activated in the terrestrial nature during/after the end times and will remain in manifested form in the terrestrial consciousness forever which is until the earth lasts and as such it will thereby affecting human activity in benign ways
In the verse above referring to the Comforter it is made clear that it will endure forever thus making it a range of consciousness and not a human being and so my explanation makes perfect sense.
rabbee: wrong!!! according to Bereeesheet, The Comforter is always TheWoman.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206097 May 6, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: wrong!!! according to Bereeesheet, The Comforter is always TheWoman.
A vagina can certainly be most comforting for a man, so I can't argue with you there. Cheers!!!
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206098 May 6, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
JCD
A change of pace is always welcome, otherwise things might get boring. Or worse one may stop and be ego, or burn out believing they are some super hero....
Temperance(Moderation) affords the ability to change pace.
Oh boy, you really have no idea of how much you are wasting your time at this particular point, do you. I won't tell you anything, I would rather watch the expected, inevitable confusion and then inevitable conclusion unfold right before my very eyes. Give me a sec to grab a bag of popcorn before you continue, ok? I don't want to miss anything.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#206099 May 6, 2014
Eliab ben Benjamin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doing very well thank you, and surprising to most, despite Anosmia, Diplopia and loss of balance centre ... But seems my Intel still functions remain, highly technical Career (Biomedical Engineer) and 2 more degrees since the injury :)
Now you ask why i fault HaShem .... well i had a NDE (death experience) and after the life review with the gatekeeper and chatting with my grandfather ... Well i was sent back !!!
"you have a task to perform " ... most upsetting to be sent back when i finally made it home,
and perhaps worse, disability and no instructions or clue cards for the "task" ...
hopefully i have achieved it with 3 laws passed that i lobbied ..(Cycle Helmets, Disability Act,
and Human Rights) plus 7 inventions to improve life support equipment ...
Man, you have an amazing and most encouraging testimony! I can see why you were sent back: to help the rest of us wandering strugglers who have NEEDED your presence and cognitive abilities.

I had to look up Anosmia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anosmia ) and Diplopia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplopia ). Loss of balance center is more nebulous.

Please do tell us about this "gatekeeper" that you met. It matters greatly, ESPECIALLY to Muslims who have been taught what is referred to as the "Punishment of the Grave" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punishment_of_th... ) To put it mildly, they are scared "to death" about the grilling that they expect.

You can help them find peace with the prospect of death. You already have. Thank you for sharing.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206100 May 6, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
PUBH
I don't use the freeway very much.
Good, because tortoises get crushed on the freeway. Right? And I never like to see dead tortoises on the road. It actually bothers me, whereas it does not bother most. But that's just me.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206101 May 6, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: wrong!!!
crabee: wrong!!!
crocoduck

Orlando, FL

#206102 May 6, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran 8:41 And know that anything you obtain of war booty – then indeed, for Allah is one fifth of it and for the messenger and for his near relatives, and the orphans, the needy, and the traveler, of you have believed in Allah and in that We have sent down to Our servant on the day of criterion – the day when the two armies met. And Allah, over all the things in competent.
________
A god that asks the 20% of war booty for itself... And there are people around the world that believe Allah even exists.
Yah...shouldn't it be 50-50 split right down the middle? What OMNIPOTENT god would be satisfied with 20%? LOL!

Why would an OMNIPOTENT being feel the need to create ANYTHING for their pleasure or gain such as human worship or earthly war booty? Doesn't the word OMNIPOTENT pretty much cover the idea they couldn't possibly need anything else? Should they not already be completely satisfied with their OMNIPOTENT existence? If there is an omnipotent god who desperately needs human attention, entertainment to kill time, or earthly war booty...I would question their omnipotence long before their existence.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206103 May 6, 2014
crocoduck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah...shouldn't it be 50-50 split right down the middle? What OMNIPOTENT god would be satisfied with 20%? LOL!
Sh!t, if I were God, I would have bargained for 25%. LOL!!!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#206104 May 6, 2014
crocoduck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would an OMNIPOTENT being feel the need to create ANYTHING for their pleasure or gain such as human worship or earthly war booty? Doesn't the word OMNIPOTENT pretty much cover the idea they couldn't possibly need anything else? Should they not already be completely satisfied with their OMNIPOTENT existence? If there is an omnipotent god who desperately needs human attention, entertainment to kill time, or earthly war booty...I would question their omnipotence long before their existence.
Qur'an 8:1 "They ask you about the benefits of capturing the spoils of war. Tell them:'The benefits belong to Allah and to His Messenger.'"

IOW, Allah is very much into "booty."

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#206105 May 6, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

I think reasoning is intelligence(and is teachable). For me, consciousness is a perception of awareness.
If consciousness and intelligence are 2 different things then answer the question - from where does intelligence come?

You mull over what you become aware of and then try to make sense or form intelligent patterns of the information gained.

(Everything is teachable provided one has the capacity to learn and of course one learns to the extent that one is capable of and here too what one is capable of learning is tempered with one's subconscious and conscious personality traits).

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#206106 May 6, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

Temperance(Moderation) affords the ability to change pace.
Aspiration and discrimination cause one to change pace or at times life's events make one change pace.

Moderation comes into the pic after the info is in place and how one decides to act on it.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206107 May 6, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text> Qur'an 8:1 "They ask you about the benefits of capturing the spoils of war. Tell them:'The benefits belong to Allah and to His Messenger.'"
And apparently, so is the Profit, which is why he was included in the booty spoils as well. Obviously Satan, whoops I mean Allah, has to pay his employees well for them to keep working for him. I wonder why he never paid the Apostles well after Jesus left? Especially the main demon of Muslims, Paul. Seems like Paul never attained any wealth, and was often even oppressed or even imprisoned. How come he left a cushy tax collectors job for that? I'll bet that the Romans, being reasonable people, probably told Paul they would stop oppressing and harassing and arresting him, if he would just shut up and go back to being a tax collector. Now what liar wouldn't take that deal? Stop lying, and go back to a good life. Any liar would say "ok, I tried, it didn't work, back to the cushy life".
crocoduck

Orlando, FL

#206108 May 6, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text> Qur'an 8:1 "They ask you about the benefits of capturing the spoils of war. Tell them:'The benefits belong to Allah and to His Messenger.'"
Very much into the booty (omnipotent) but only asking 20%?
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206109 May 6, 2014
crocoduck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very much into the booty (omnipotent) but only asking 20%?
Well, if KMART was around back then, it would have been 10% off of the 20%(Fridays only).

yehoshooah adam

Denver Colorado 80218

#206110 May 6, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
A vagina can certainly be most comforting for a man, so I can't argue with you there. Cheers!!!
rabbee: if that is what you think it is all about, then you are even more wrong, lonely, and alone.

yehoshooah adam

Denver Colorado 80218

#206111 May 6, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
crabee: wrong!!!
rabbee: yes for the second death, and the third time your all still wrong!!! from too much taught propaganda.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206112 May 6, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes for the second death, and the third time your all still wrong!!! from too much taught propaganda.
Have you eaten any locusts buried in your beard lately?

Santa Kook.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#206113 May 6, 2014
El Cid wrote:
What "Booty"? The whole Universe belongs to Allah....the humans have only temporary possessions for a short time..... when they die, every thing goes back to Allah. Man goes into grave empty handed.

So in truth everything belongs to Allah.

Since: Apr 14

Auckland, New Zealand

#206114 May 6, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Man, you have an amazing and most encouraging testimony! I can see why you were sent back: to help the rest of us wandering strugglers who have NEEDED your presence and cognitive abilities.
I had to look up Anosmia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anosmia ) and Diplopia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplopia ). Loss of balance center is more nebulous.
Please do tell us about this "gatekeeper" that you met. It matters greatly, ESPECIALLY to Muslims who have been taught what is referred to as the "Punishment of the Grave" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punishment_of_th... ) To put it mildly, they are scared "to death" about the grilling that they expect.
You can help them find peace with the prospect of death. You already have. Thank you for sharing.
Oh Gosh please, no accolades, i think of myself more just a Mad Scientist, nothing special
just hopeful to make a better and more harmonious mankind, but thank you for the kind words.,,, still failed miserably, no world peace yet !...

Besides pedestals are so hard to balance on and makes one such an easy target ..:P

Anosmia, is my worse dysfunction , coring out both olfactory buds with a steering column penetration, remove most sensation of taste and enjoyment of food, so eating is a chore
and massive weight loss the result ...

Diplopia is resolved with prism spectacles, and balance by using the uprights of walls, door frames and windows when indoors as a guide, and outdoors a walking stick used as a pendulum for ground / gravity reference ... Adaptation and learning new skills is the key to overcoming loss of function ...

the " Gatekeeper " ... my name for his role as he wore no name badge nor introduced himself. In his presence was great love and welcome, no words to describe how strong it was . He looked around 30 but felt massively old , ie wisdom, care, knowledge and love.

But i feel you are asking about the judgement most of our Abrahamic religions anticipate ..
a better description for what i experienced is "Life Review" (encouraged by him and relived by me)... Each disappointment, hurt, pain, or upset i caused was revealed, in not only my words or act that caused it, but the actual feelings, pain or upset in the receiver of my wrongdoing...( Caused me great Guilt and Shame) then the Gatekeeper directed me
to an event where i had brought joy, happiness or ease of discomfort ...
thankfully it seemed the balance was in my favour ....

Shalom ... Eliab
Muhammad sucked my knob

Melbourne, Australia

#206115 May 6, 2014
Allah is the turd I just left in the toilet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 15 min 15th Dalai Lama 3,194
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 17 min Faith 521,857
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min TRUE CATHOLIC her... 691,969
News Jehovah's Witnesses had right to refuse blood t... 38 min Frindly 6
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) 1 hr Frindly 1,191
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Frindly 14,718
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 1 hr Frindly 4
More from around the web