Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 209,719

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206018 May 5, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>When did Jesus ever say the following?:
"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:5
"Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you." Qur'an:9:123
When did Jesus' biographers ever say the following?:
"Our Prophet, the Messenger of our Lord, ordered us to fight you till you worship Allah alone or pay us the Jizyah tribute tax in submission. Our Prophet has informed us that our Lord says:'Whoever amongst us is killed as a martyr shall go to Paradise to lead such a luxurious life as he has never seen, and whoever survives shall become your master.'" Bukhari:V4B53N386
"Allah said,'A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.'" Ishaq:327
"I heard Allah's Apostle saying,'Allah guarantees that He will admit the Muslim fighter into Paradise if he is killed, otherwise He will return him to his home safely with rewards and booty.'" Bukhari V4B52N46
As for getting one's house in order, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_...
How dare you accurately quote from Muslim sources. You are a "hater". Accurately quoting the Quran and hadiths is an action of hate. If you do not ignore those hadiths, you are a hater. I guess the people who gathered those hadiths are haters as well. LOL!!!! But this is what these people have to tell themselves. These people have to be the most twisted and intellectually bankrupt people that all of humanity has to offer. and I do not blame them, I put the entire blame squarely on Muhammad and Islam.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#206019 May 5, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
The number is zero. Not one single person fighting any of those wars could quote one single thing from Jesus that they could use to justify what they were doing. But, if the Quran was the inspiration, then people could quote tons of verses from it justifying their behavior. What do you think the terrorists do? They accurately quote the Quran left and right to justify their behavior, and they are right, the Quran does indeed justify their behavior. Muhammad left them with a rich abundance of justifications and useable verses for their actions and even some personal examples of his own for them to follow..
Please tell me a single Quranic verse which says that you should kill innocent people or you blow yourself to kill people?

When you are blaming actions of Muslims on teachings of Quran and prophet, in the same way actions of Christians should be because of their religion.

Use the same standard for both cases. That is what I am saying to you.

If Jesus did not advocate any killings how come Christians became the world leader in killing innocent humans?

They have more blood of innocent people on their hands that any other religion.

And you just cannot brush off that blood by saying it were political wars, it were economical wars, it were ethnic wars etc.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#206020 May 5, 2014
JOEL wrote:
TS
You've got the meaning wrong.
Gita 6:40 does not refer to a transcendentalist.
na vidyate - there never exists
tasya vinaash - destruction for one
iha eva - in this life
na - nor
amutra - in the next life
hi - since
kaschit - anyone
kalyana karta - doer of virtuous actions
na gachhati - never comes
durgatim - to evil.
So, Krishna's half-baked philosophy does not hold in face of the mass destruction of his own people and of those in the opposite camp and most importantly Krishna himself was murdered.
Furthermore, the indwelling psychic of one who dies violently comes out of the body in a state of great distress and as such his disembodied psychic never settles down into a harmonious rhythm or the unnatural rhythms of the psychic energy generated by war, murder and pain take centuries if not more time to settle down.
Dear JOEL,

My explanation was irrespective of whether it is a common man or a "Transcendentalist". Yes, the word Transcendentalist is wrongly used in the meaning. For your benefit, let me put it again –

sri-bhagavan uvaca
partha naiveha namutra
vinasas tasya vidyate
na hi kalyana-krt kascid
durgatim tata gacchati (Gita 6:40)

Meaning : The Blessed Lord said: O Partha, a man engaged in auspicious activities does not meet with destruction either in this world or in the spiritual world; one who does good, My friend, is never overcome by evil.

The the main point is the meaning behind the word “Destruction”. Here, it never refers to bodily destruction, but moral destruction or, degradation of the “Soul”. The entire Bhagavad Gita is a discussion on Spiritual Plane and beyond material conception. In the first and second chapter itself, Lord Krishna has clarified that point. Hence, there is no possibility that in chapter 6, he will talk about bodily death. Besides, refer the doubts raised by Arjuna, as I explained in my post, they are with reference to the fate of the “Soul” only. Hence, please do not try to force your cooked up interpretation to confuse and mislead people.

Now regarding your point on the effect of Sudden death on “Soul”….. That is also out of context. Those who were participating in the Great War were already aware that at any moment they could be killed. They were not fearful of death. They were “Ksatriya” warriors and were fighting as a matter of Duty, Like we come to office to do our daily work. So, their “Soul” will not subject to the effects as mentioned by you. That is only applicable to non-fighting men. Hence, please accept that you have quoted the verse out of context.

Thanks.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206021 May 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me a single Quranic verse which says that you should kill innocent people or you blow yourself to kill people?
In Islam, anybody who does not believe Muhammad is automatically deemed not innocent. While suicide over personal despair is forbidden in Islam, there is nothing wrong with suicide for Allah if you take the non believers out with you. Perfect justification for a suicide bomber. Throw in immediate paradise and virgins, and you have the perfect motivation to kill. Remember, one is supposed to fight for Allah with all of his means and possessions and should easily be willing to give up their life.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are blaming actions of Muslims on teachings of Quran and prophet, in the same way actions of Christians should be because of their religion.
Use the same standard for both cases. That is what I am saying to you.
If Jesus did not advocate any killings how come Christians became the world leader in killing innocent humans?
Because they didn't listen to Jesus. But if one listens to Muhammad, there's plenty of material and justifications that terrorists can use, and they most certainly do, and they even quote the specific verses that they think tells them to do what they do. Ask someone for a quote from Jesus that justifies war and they will fall silent. Ask someone for quotes from the Quran and hadiths that justify war, and you will get a mountain of verses in response. Sorry, I did not write the NT nor the Quran, that's just the way it is and the verses themselves bear that out.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have more blood of innocent people on their hands that any other religion.
And you just cannot brush off that blood by saying it were political wars, it were economical wars, it were ethnic wars etc.
People will always do all sorts of screwed up things. The question is whether they find justification for their actions in a scripture or not. I can't find where Jesus justified war at all, but I can find tons of places in the Quran and the hadiths where war is encouraged and violence is offered as the solution to problems. I did not write the Quran nor gather the hadiths so don't blame me, I am merely going on what they actually say.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206022 May 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me a single Quranic verse which says that you should kill innocent people
Anybody who rejects the Quran and Muhammad is not innocent in Islam. So essentially, any non Muslim is fair game. And not only does the Quran allow for violence and killing as the solution to problems, it flat out encourages people and pushes people to do this. This verse is one of my favorites.

2:216
Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

Usually, people don't need to be told to fight, they need to be told to not fight. Fighting comes natural for people, pacifism does not. But who needs to be encouraged to fight to protect their own property and family? Nobody. So if they didn't want to fight, it means they were not being asked to fight to defend themselves, they were being asked to fight in an offensive manner. And that's why some people might decide it's not worth it, and that's exactly who the Quran is talking to in this verse. So it not only clearly allows for violence and uses violence as a solution for problems, it actually flat out commands it and you will be punished if you don't. Obviously, Allah does not like the pacifist and will punish them.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#206023 May 5, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
The number is zero. Not one single person fighting any of those wars could quote one single thing from Jesus that they could use to justify what they were doing. But, if the Quran was the inspiration, then people could quote tons of verses from it justifying their behavior. What do you think the terrorists do? They accurately quote the Quran left and right to justify their behavior, and they are right, the Quran does indeed justify their behavior. Muhammad left them with a rich abundance of justifications and useable verses for their actions and even some personal examples of his own for them to follow..
According to MUQ, Jesus' words inspired WWI and WWII.

I guess this guy is not just too stupid but has missed quite a lot of history lessons.

And then, there is this Mr. Peace who couldn't spot stupidity neither if you show him/her.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206024 May 5, 2014
Whenever one wants to hear Muslim silence, usually 2:216 pretty much does the trick. Bring up that verse and explain it's clear meaning and implications and it's like you never said anything at all. One thing that I agree about with Muslims and the author of the Quran. The Quran is a very clear book as it even says that it intends to be. It's not difficult to figure out what it is really saying. The only misunderstandings are from Muslims who cannot swallow the true reality of Islam, and I can't blame them, it's a tough pill to swallow. But it is what it is, and bending Islam or diluting it or lying to one's self does no good in the end. As Choudary says "hey, this is Islam" when he says some controversial things. But nobody will debate him about the actual scriptures because he will win because he is not afraid to accept the Quran as it actually is and accept it's true meanings even if it causes difficulties.. He might be an idiot, but he is a faithful Muslim and follows the Quran much more closely than any of his critics..

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#206025 May 5, 2014
DID JESUS INSPIRE WORLD WARS?

JESUS inspired hatred in the minds of his stupid followers by cursing, abusing and threatening all those who did not accept him and his teachings and these vile teachings have inspired the Christians down the ages to convert people, to destroy native cultures, to kill those refusing to embrace Christianity and to engineer wars. The fact that Jesus could curse and kill an out of season fig tree in an act of lunacy/intemperance says it all.

Location hidden

#206026 May 5, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, the word Transcendentalist is wrongly used in the meaning.
You deliberately used the word "transcendentalist" to mislead people and to create an altogether different meaning that supports your bias than the original.

Don't do it again.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206027 May 5, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
According to MUQ, Jesus' words inspired WWI and WWII.
I guess this guy is not just too stupid but has missed quite a lot of history lessons.
No, he's just desperate. This is the general nature of Muslim behavior. They'll try anything and don't care how many times they are wrong, just as long as they can hope that one of their inventions, just one, can actually work. So in desperation, they will pull out any piece of dung they can find in their pocket and throw it repeatedly against the wall in hopes that some of it, any of it, sticks. They just try anything they can imagine, even stuff that they themselves would not believe, and cross their fingers That's all they are doing and it's deplorable behavior and embarrassing to watch.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206028 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
DID JESUS INSPIRE WORLD WARS?
JESUS inspired hatred in the minds of his stupid followers by cursing, abusing and threatening all those who did not accept him and his teachings and these vile teachings have inspired the Christians down the ages to convert people, to destroy native cultures, to kill those refusing to embrace Christianity and to engineer wars. The fact that Jesus could curse and kill an out of season fig tree in an act of lunacy/intemperance says it all.
Which specific verses are you talking about? Please quote them. Thank you. Was Jesus killing a fig tree used as the justification for wars? I don't remember anybody bringing that up as their reason. I certainly would interpret that as a justification for war, or even violence for that matter.

Location hidden

#206029 May 5, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>

Planck_constant

Thus, on the macroscopic scale, quantum mechanics and classical physics converge at the classical limit.
Please stop this silly exchange since you don't understand Physics and if I were to put a few deep questions on the fundamental equations concerning the relevant topic you would be at a complete loss and wiki would be of no help to you since to answer the questions that I would put across you would need a strong base in theoretical physics and in mathematics.

Topic closed.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206030 May 5, 2014
Whoops, I meant I WOULDN'T interpret that as a justification for war
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206031 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop this silly exchange since you don't understand Physics and if I were to put a few deep questions on the fundamental equations concerning the relevant topic you would be at a complete loss and wiki would be of no help to you since to answer the questions that I would put across you would need a strong base in theoretical physics and in mathematics.
Topic closed.
Do you promise to close it? I hope so. You have no basis for bringing up any of this crap in a forum about Islam anyway, so do us all a favor and close the unrelated topic you seem to be obsessed with.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206032 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic closed.
Yes, take it up on a physics forum, ok? And then, don't forget to mention consciousness to them in it's misused manner and watch them laugh at you as making completely baseless assumptions. You are no scientist my friend.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#206033 May 5, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
It's useless to imitate Jesus. Everybody was created as an individual for a reason. One needs to become their own version of Jesus that is best suited for who they are, to the extent that they can. Imitating someone means nothing. If one does that, they don't get it.
Greetings PUBH

Peace

I respectfully agree and disagree. It depends on what one means by imitate....To imitate means "after a fashion", that is for the person who says they follow Jesus, they must be like him in a certain sense.

I find it interesting that there are many people close and far within the Bible, to Jesus. On the one hand we have Judas Iscariot, and on the other, John the Beloved. Both were disciples.
Yet can we say that they were both imitators of Jesus to "the extent to which they can"(as you say) be? Perhaps?

And perhaps we judge to quickly....

It goes to seeing what one's actions and words are relative Jesus. And so intent and motivation come into play as well.

Peace
PUBH

Canton, MA

#206034 May 5, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings PUBH
Peace
I respectfully agree and disagree. It depends on what one means by imitate....To imitate means "after a fashion", that is for the person who says they follow Jesus, they must be like him in a certain sense.
I find it interesting that there are many people close and far within the Bible, to Jesus. On the one hand we have Judas Iscariot, and on the other, John the Beloved. Both were disciples.
Yet can we say that they were both imitators of Jesus to "the extent to which they can"(as you say) be? Perhaps?
No, Judas was not his own Jesus nor even an imitator. Why would God create people as unique individuals and then want them all to be exactly like Jesus? Each individual strives to be their own version of Jesus insofar as they can. you don't mindlessly repeat things, you understand the concepts and apply them in your own way.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
And perhaps we judge to quickly....
It goes to seeing what one's actions and words are relative Jesus. And so intent and motivation come into play as well.
Peace
When we talk about intent, motivation and altruism, those things cannot even be talked about until one realizes that they are actually doing these things for themselves, first and foremost. The illusion of selflessness has to be shattered and we have to see ourselves as we really are. Self centered and sometimes even downright selfish. It's almost impossible to not be selfish or at least overly self interested, we just tell ourselves that we are not while we hide our deeper motivations of benefiting ourselves from us..This is the first illusion that needs to be shattered before anyone can truly do any good works. Otherwise, all of that love you have been giving was actually all meant for you, but the mind hides that part.

Here, Jesus said don't trump about your good works.
6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

Now, this next part is not a reiteration of what was said above as many think. It's a new addition to the point. The first says don't let everybody know you have done good, but this part says to not even let yourself know that you are doing good.

3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Left hand right hand does not mean others, it means you yourself. There's an old saying, a saint is one until he or she knows it.

Location hidden

#206036 May 5, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
There's an old Japanese proverb that says if you want the truth, do not seek it, just drop your opinions. Another good one. He who ceases the journey has arrived at their destination.
PUBH

Good proverbs.

Peace
PUBH

Canton, MA

#206037 May 5, 2014
PUBH wrote:
I agree that Allah (swat) is the creator of the universe. But I disagree that all muslims are evil.
I agree that you are a lying troll. Beat it Spambo.

Location hidden

#206038 May 5, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
Love means accepting someone aside from whether they benefit you or not. It means accepting someone for who they actually are.
This is love, perfectly explained.
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect..
PUBH

I can accept your view of love.

But I think it is more than just equality, because justice is more a given thing. In the sense that having an imperfect justice, or lack, does not diminish love, but only justice. It is this call to be perfect, which I think Jesus is making. Be! That is what we seek to achieve.(Oftentimes justice is something which must be learned.)

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 5 min Faith 404,465
Questions on Islam: 'Is it permissible to make ... 6 min Darth Yoda 304
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 6 min piratefighting 28,527
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Michael 568,798
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 8 min Belle Sexton 36
Turkey 'in Europe's future,' Turkish PM says 10 min Alexis 6
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min Aura Mytha 14,807
More from around the web