Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 215,361

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#205065 Apr 9, 2014
truth wrote:
How many Solomon have wife?
Did Solomon married every woman as he look even with one eye?

Which hat Solomon have on his head?
According to the Bible, he had 700 wives who were princesses and 300 concubines. However, I do not believe in that report.

Not sure. He was wearing different hats.

bmz

Singapore

#205066 Apr 9, 2014
truth wrote:
Why Solomon sit on carpet?
To travel.

bmz

Singapore

#205067 Apr 9, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
The first step towards true God realization is to become free from fear, anger & delusion. Now from the above post, it becomes evident that our friend Alex wants to simply cut TS off due to his fear that he will also start believing in "Krsna" if he enters into a discussion with him.

Fear is the most serious obstacle on the path of self realization. A true God is not an object of fear, but an object of unbounded and limitless love.

That is why, only those who understands the meaning of Love, can only fully understand all the aspects of Krishna's divinity. Those who do not understand true love of god (selfless love), will never realize God as he really is.
Alex and all Muslims do not believe in the alleged divinity of Jesus, so how can you expect Alex and Muslims to believe in the alleged divinity of this mythical character Krishna, when he himself is reported to be an avatar or an incarnation of another mythical and ridiculous character Vishnu?

Why do you spell this character as "Krsna"? It sounds like Curse-na. Right?

bmz

Singapore

#205068 Apr 9, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
But by point out that Krishna was a mythical hero doesn't make Allah is a true god.
Doesn't matter!

There is only one God Almighty. One can call God by any name one likes. For example, Allah, LORD, God Almighty, Ellah, Elohim, Hashem and so on.

However, Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu, Zeus and others are myths and these characters never existed.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205069 Apr 10, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter!
There is only one God Almighty. One can call God by any name one likes. For example, Allah, LORD, God Almighty, Ellah, Elohim, Hashem and so on.
However, Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu, Zeus and others are myths and these characters never existed.
It DOES matter.

How do you know that one god exists and it's Allah? Even your buddy failed to explain it, but if you think you're smarter than him, prove it.

Location hidden

#205070 Apr 10, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>There is only one God Almighty.
If it's true your god is almighty then answer to these simple questions.

Can your god create something that he cannot destroy? Yes or no?

Can your god create a triangle with four corners? Yes or no?
Tootsicle

France

#205071 Apr 10, 2014
Indian hyena faking LOLz.

bmz

Singapore

#205072 Apr 10, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
If it's true your god is almighty then answer to these simple questions.

Can your god create something that he cannot destroy? Yes or no?

Can your god create a triangle with four corners? Yes or no?
These are not simple questions. These are idiotic questions. Why do you ask silly and idiotic questions, when you are unable to argue?

Do you even know how many sides does a triangle have? So, according to you a triangle can have four sides. Is that so? Absolutely hilarious!

insolent agnostic 65

London, UK

#205073 Apr 10, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
These are not simple questions. These are idiotic questions. Why do you ask silly and idiotic questions, when you are unable to argue?
Do you even know how many sides does a triangle have? So, according to you a triangle can have four sides. Is that so? Absolutely hilarious!
He makes sense. The key words are God almighty. If God is almighty then He can do every thing with no limitation. If He couldnt do one of those things or others then the "almighty" qualification is invalid. Youd better find an intelligent answer or simply dont enter in discussion that far exceed your intellect. I have a question for him, but first Id like to know if you know what is his belief?

bmz

Singapore

#205074 Apr 10, 2014
insolent agnostic 65 wrote:
<quoted text>
He makes sense. The key words are God almighty. If God is almighty then He can do every thing with no limitation. If He couldnt do one of those things or others then the "almighty" qualification is invalid. Youd better find an intelligent answer or simply dont enter in discussion that far exceed your intellect. I have a question for him, but first Id like to know if you know what is his belief?
I can be more insolent than you, if I want to. First, it was Stefano, who made no sense and now you butt in with your nonsense!

God Almighty is also subject to some limitations. Can God become a monkey or a donkey or a dog or a man? Obviously not! Has there been any record of any such transformation?

Stefano pretends to be an atheist. To me, he is a closet Christian.

Only a fool would ask God to create a triangle with four sides. God would recommend the fool a square or a rectangle or a trapezium or a rhombus. Laughable question.

Good night from Singapore
insolent agnostic 65

London, UK

#205075 Apr 10, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
God Almighty is also subject to some limitations.
Lemme show ya why your intellect is very limited. An almighty God would make possible the impossible, otherwise He cant be called almighty. If God Almighty is subject to some limitations, then by definition He is not Almighty. You proved yourself to be wrong and quite stupid. The Triangle has 3 corners by definition. He has cunningly used this absolute truth to show that the Almighty God cannot do everything. If you answer yes, implying that God can create a triangle with 4 corners then that is not a triangle anymore but another geometric figure, consequently God fails the test. If you answer no then there is something that your god cant do, and he cant be called almighty.

Location hidden

#205076 Apr 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Lemme show ya why your intellect is very limited. An almighty God would make possible the impossible, otherwise He cant be called almighty. If God Almighty is subject to some limitations, then by definition He is not Almighty. You proved yourself to be wrong and quite stupid. The Triangle has 3 corners by definition. He has cunningly used this absolute truth to show that the Almighty God cannot do everything. If you answer yes, implying that God can create a triangle with 4 corners then that is not a triangle anymore but another geometric figure, consequently God fails the test. If you answer no then there is something that your god cant do, and he cant be called almighty.
That is correct.

What is your question for me?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205077 Apr 10, 2014
bmz wrote:
Can God become a monkey or a donkey or a dog or a man? Obviously not!
OBVIOUSLY, God can become whatever it pleases God to become, if God is in fact ALMIGHTY, but then, you've always been about LIMITING God's freedom to do whatever it pleases God to do, and this is DIRECTLY related to that Arabian spelunker's supposed "revelations" from "Allah" via "Jibreel" that you regard as infallibly true, and for no other reason than that the Arabian spelunker uttered them. Of course, what sealed the deal for you is that Mohammad states in the Qur'an that he wasn't deceived or a tool of hell.

LOL!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205078 Apr 10, 2014
bmz wrote:
Can God become a monkey or a donkey or a dog or a man? Obviously not! Has there been any record of any such transformation?
How mind-numbingly STUPID you are, MR.NEW TESTAMENT SCHOLAR.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#205079 Apr 11, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Only a fool would ask God to create a triangle with four sides. God would recommend the fool a square or a rectangle or a trapezium or a rhombus. Laughable question.
The challenge shows a complete lack of intelligence on Stefano's part which is to ask if God can create a triangle with 4 sides.

A triangle is a 3 sided figure whose internal angles add up to 180 degrees.

A triangle with 4 sides does not remain a triangle but is converted into a quadrilateral.

Now, if the perimeter of a triangle is made circular by opening up any of its vertices it would become a geometric figure of 360 degrees which is a circle, if a triangle can be stretched out after opening up one of its joint apexes it would become a straight line of 180 degrees and if a triangle can be re-configured into a 4 sided figure by changing the shape of its perimeter it would become a quadrilateral of internal angles totaling to 360 degrees.

These are the laws governing basic shapes and their interconversion laid down by the source of nature.

Omnipotence does not mean violating the natural laws though various combinations of basic laws can be merged to produce novel effects like say materialization or dematerialization of objects, nonlocal communication via telepathy, teleportation, etc.

Stefano's got a very low IQ, forgive him.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#205080 Apr 11, 2014
EL CID: "OBVIOUSLY, God can become whatever it pleases"

JOEL: No. If by G-d is meant the entire supracosmic field of consciousness-energy that has, by an act of partial self-manifestation, given rise to the cosmos then it is not possible for this colossal and highly potent supracosmic field to compress itself into a tiny shape like that of a dog except if a miniscule aspect of the field takes on the shape of a donkey or a dog. This formation would constitute a very partial manifestation of the entire supracosmic field but for the entire supracosmic field to manifest as a dog would be impossible since the form/capacity of a dog is too feeble to contain the entire power of the whole supracosmic field of consciousness-energy.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205082 Apr 11, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
EL CID: "OBVIOUSLY, God can become whatever it pleases"
JOEL: No. If by G-d is meant the entire supracosmic field of consciousness-energy that has, by an act of partial self-manifestation, given rise to the cosmos then it is not possible for this colossal and highly potent supracosmic field to compress itself into a tiny shape like that of a dog except if a miniscule aspect of the field takes on the shape of a donkey or a dog. This formation would constitute a very partial manifestation of the entire supracosmic field but for the entire supracosmic field to manifest as a dog would be impossible since the form/capacity of a dog is too feeble to contain the entire power of the whole supracosmic field of consciousness-energy.
OK, God ALMIGHTY can become whatever it pleases God ALMIGHTY to become, like a man, for example, but only in "partial manifestation," which is another saying that bmz's assertion is wrong.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#205083 Apr 11, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex and all Muslims do not believe in the alleged divinity of Jesus, so how can you expect Alex and Muslims to believe in the alleged divinity of this mythical character Krishna, when he himself is reported to be an avatar or an incarnation of another mythical and ridiculous character Vishnu?
Why do you spell this character as "Krsna"? It sounds like Curse-na. Right?
My friend BMZ, I do not expect anything from anyone in this world. The first and one of the foremost teachings of Bhagavad Gita is to know and master the art of "akarma" (working without fruitive attachment or, expectation of reward). The best reward for my work is the work itself, the work of spreading the Truth about the true God Almighty.

If any one comes to the truth through my effort, at least that particular man will get to taste the true nectar of God realization and that feeling is my reward.

I few day’s back, someone indirectly tried to point out that I am trying to sell “Krishna” to non hindus …. But I want to make it very clear to all that “Krishna” or,“God” is not an artifact that someone can sell to other humans. Rather God himself chooses his devotee ….. No one can believe and understand about “Krishna” unless “Krishna” himself wants to reveal himself to that man …. And the most surprising thing is that this same point is also reflected in your “Quran” which according to you is the word of God …

No soul can believe, except by the will of Allah, and <<He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand>> (10:100)
UNQUOTE

Only difference is, your false Prophet Mohammad twisted the concept as per his own convenience. I have highlighted the twisted parts under <<>> to show the Doctoring by Mohammad.
Alex WM

London, UK

#205084 Apr 11, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend BMZ, I do not expect anything from anyone in this world. The first and one of the foremost teachings of Bhagavad Gita is to know and master the art of "akarma" (working without fruitive attachment or, expectation of reward). The best reward for my work is the work itself, the work of spreading the Truth about the true God Almighty.
If any one comes to the truth through my effort, at least that particular man will get to taste the true nectar of God realization and that feeling is my reward.
I few day’s back, someone indirectly tried to point out that I am trying to sell “Krishna” to non hindus …. But I want to make it very clear to all that “Krishna” or,“God” is not an artifact that someone can sell to other humans. Rather God himself chooses his devotee ….. No one can believe and understand about “Krishna” unless “Krishna” himself wants to reveal himself to that man …. And the most surprising thing is that this same point is also reflected in your “Quran” which according to you is the word of God …
No soul can believe, except by the will of Allah, and <<He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand>> (10:100)
UNQUOTE
Only difference is, your false Prophet Mohammad twisted the concept as per his own convenience. I have highlighted the twisted parts under <<>> to show the Doctoring by Mohammad.
The hyena continues to scavenge off Christians trying to peddle his Krishna as god who is same as Christ.
How many Christians have told him to sling his hook?
Where are they now?

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#205085 Apr 11, 2014
<quoted text>
rabbee: obviously you cannot understand, the difference between can't and won't. maybe you should take a lesson from G-D, WHO refuses to make and idiot or intellectual imbecile out of HIMSELF. and your failing an intelligence test, does not mean G-D does. with your concoction of a lie, to avoid the definition of a triangle using mental magic. and G-D refusing to make an idiot or monkey out of HIMSELF, does not mean you haven't. and don't tell me than trying to redefine, a triangle as having four or more sides is not an outrageous lie. so G-D is not a liar, but you sure are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 579,296
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min MikeF 18,011
News The Consequences of Atheism 17 min ChristineM 1,140
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 20 min J_a_n 423,307
News 'Flower power' to fight anti-Islam rally 26 min Andrew 1
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Uncle Sam 236,924
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 55 min rabbee yehoshooah... 71,707
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr Dana Robertson 1,756
More from around the web