Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256288 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#174445 May 1, 2013
Your coverage is insufficient and does not satisfy proof.

I don't care if you post it or not. The thing was clearly written in the 16th century. End of discussion.

YAHWEH HAS WILLED IT.

God's name is YAHWEH... NOT ALLAH.

ALLAH is a "title", it's like calling a human "human". The human's name isn't "human".

The allah's name isn't allah.

ITS YAHWEH... "I AM"

Its the NAME that Jesus said he was to the Jewish judges that was WHY THEY SENT HIM TO BE CRUCIFIED!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I already covered these points during my "introduction" to GOB before I started posting the excerpts.
Since then I posted it two more times. Wait and after the end, I will once again post that introduction, Inshallah i.e. Allah willing.
If you go by such incidents to reject GOB, then you have to reject "All the other Gospels" because of errors and mistakes and discrepancies they have with each other.
Make one standard and on that standard judge every Gospel. Do not make different standards for each Gospel.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#174446 May 1, 2013
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:'I AM has sent me to you.' God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites,'The LORD, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' "This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation.

- God's name as clear as one can say it, to Moses, Exodus 3:14-15
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Gods real name has always been a secret. If we knew Gods' name, we would've known God is a woman and God wanted people to think she was a man. If Israel had known their God was a woman, they would've been weakened by it. It's always been a patriarchal society but I think the world is ready for it. That was also the surprise when God spoke with Gabriel.
JOEL

India

#174447 May 1, 2013
The pronoun I indicates an individual being - one out of many competing beings. So, the God who declared itself as I AM WHO I AM to the Hebrews and to the Babylonians who pre-dated the Hebrews is a minor being with a marked megalomanical attitude aside from it having murderous, jealous, hateful, parochial and bloodthirsty anthropopathic instincts. The higher reaches of the reality far exceed any notion of I AM WHO I AM. The very word I indicates limitation and egoism. A being with a universal presence is beyond I and You and would never declare itself with the egoistic words I AM WHO I AM. However, by doing so this foolish God/being has revealed its limitations and its traits and commands to its followers indicate that it is an asura/demonic being. LOL.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#174448 May 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
The pronoun I indicates an individual being - one out of many competing beings. So, the God who declared itself as I AM WHO I AM to the Hebrews and to the Babylonians who pre-dated the Hebrews is a minor being with a marked megalomanical attitude aside from it having murderous, jealous, hateful, parochial and bloodthirsty anthropopathic instincts. The higher reaches of the reality far exceed any notion of I AM WHO I AM. The very word I indicates limitation and egoism. A being with a universal presence is beyond I and You and would never declare itself with the egoistic words I AM WHO I AM. However, by doing so this foolish God/being has revealed its limitations and its traits and commands to its followers indicate that it is an asura/demonic being. LOL.
How did you acquire the knowledge of Good Joe, if I AM WHO AM is an asura/demonic being?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#174449 May 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>How did you acquire the knowledge of Good Joe, if I AM WHO AM is an asura/demonic being?
I wish to educate you on "I am who I am" or "I am that I am" or "I am what I am" and "I will always be what I am".

First, I am who I am is no bloody name at all.

What happened can be easily understood this way:

Moses asked God for a name. God is not a man, so God has no name.

Finding the question odd, God replied, "I am who I am". In other words, "Don't ask me my name. I have no name. Just call me God Of Abraham, God of Jacob, etc. Now, go and tell them the God of Abraham has sent you! Do, go now!"

Yahweh or Jehovah is no bloody name.

I Am BMZ. And I am who I am.
bmz

Location hidden

#174450 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:'I AM has sent me to you.' God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites,'The LORD, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' "This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation.
- God's name as clear as one can say it, to Moses, Exodus 3:14-15
<quoted text>
But God did not say, "Moses, my name is I am who I am".

When God said, if God really said, "tell them I AM has sent me to you", God was possibly being sarcastic or in a jovial mood.

The point is that I am who I am is no name.
bmz

Location hidden

#174451 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Again you and your biased friends that "judge stars, and checkmarks" next to your posts...
If Jesus was not saying he was God, then what in the world was he sent to be crucified for in the first place?
<quoted text>
When I judge, I put a note and inform the poster. I disagree with your note, so I have awarded the 'disagree' icon to you.

There is nothing from Jesus saying that he was sent to be crucified. Everything we hear about Jesus comes from people, who did not know the man and who came up with their own wild conjectures and doctrines, which were forced dow the throats of those, who bought the lies.

And where can we see Jesus saying, "I am God"? No where. Right? S, who came up with that lie?
bmz

Location hidden

#174452 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
No you're not showing forgeries of the Bible
what you are doing is trying to legitimize the forgery of the Quran. It's so easy to accuse, without proof, then conjure up some book that pretends to "fix the forgery".
But seriously, in the Quran it states that God made it "look like" Jesus was crucified. That's is the most insulting fabrication.
It would have made more sense to simply say "he was never sent to be crucified in the first place" or "he did and never rose".
But Muhammad tries to compromise and satisfy some faction of Christians and gain a following....
No, your "forgeries" accusation is a disrespect to my religion. And this idea you try to pull with Islam, is basically trying to co-opt the Jewish and Christian faith "only correct" to sidestep any true debate. you can claim to be insulted, while freely insulting Christians and Jews.
it's fake.
<quoted text>
I have been showing forgeries and absurdities quite frequently here.

In Qur'aan, God says very clearly about Jesus, "Neither did they murder him nor did they crucify him."

Qur'aan does not say that that God made it "look like" Jesus was crucified.

I have explained this many times before comparing it with a well-managed stage show conducted by Pilate, who knew the man was innocent. So, people thought that he was being crucified but Jesus was allowed to slip out and ran away through the crowd. He was good at that.

What can be more clearer than this?

Location hidden

#174453 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish to educate you on "I am who I am" or "I am that I am" or "I am what I am" and "I will always be what I am".
First, I am who I am is no bloody name at all.
What happened can be easily understood this way:
Moses asked God for a name. God is not a man, so God has no name.
Finding the question odd, God replied, "I am who I am". In other words, "Don't ask me my name. I have no name. Just call me God Of Abraham, God of Jacob, etc. Now, go and tell them the God of Abraham has sent you! Do, go now!"
Yahweh or Jehovah is no bloody name.
I Am BMZ. And I am who I am.
You have no understanding about God at all.

That term in Exodus 3 is also used the exact term by The Lord in describing Himself in John 8:58
Taken with other scriptures The Lord as said in Hebrews 13:8 Has been from all of time past to all of time to come. In Exodus 3:14 The people Moses was being sent to worshiped idols, things man made. The Lord was telling them that The real person they needed to worship "IS" that is He is alive not something made up by man.

I Am- the living God that "IS".
bmz

Location hidden

#174454 May 2, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
but I thought Gods first name was Leroy
Why did you leak it out? Dear Rabbee will now make it theHaLeroy.

Location hidden

#174455 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When I judge, I put a note and inform the poster. I disagree with your note, so I have awarded the 'disagree' icon to you.
There is nothing from Jesus saying that he was sent to be crucified. Everything we hear about Jesus comes from people, who did not know the man and who came up with their own wild conjectures and doctrines, which were forced dow the throats of those, who bought the lies.
And where can we see Jesus saying, "I am God"? No where. Right? S, who came up with that lie?
You create your own story to hide that fact that you worship your prophet Muhammad's jinn devil moon god called Allah.
You do not read the Gospels to learn from them, rather you read them to create your own story to hide your worship of the jinn devil moon god called Allah.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#174456 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Your coverage is insufficient and does not satisfy proof.
I don't care if you post it or not. The thing was clearly written in the 16th century. End of discussion.
YAHWEH HAS WILLED IT.
God's name is YAHWEH... NOT ALLAH.
ALLAH is a "title", it's like calling a human "human". The human's name isn't "human".
The allah's name isn't allah.
ITS YAHWEH... "I AM"
Its the NAME that Jesus said he was to the Jewish judges that was WHY THEY SENT HIM TO BE CRUCIFIED!
<quoted text>
No proof or argument is sufficient for some one who "does not want to believe"!!

I AM WHO I AM.....is THAT a proof? proof of What?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#174457 May 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You ignored the rest of the post.
Moses testimony includes God inter acting with man on earth.
With out the testimony of Moses we would not have had an actual history of God inter acting with man.
There are thousands and thousands of ancient writings about God prior to Moses, but noon of them revealed a Covenant made by God with man as Moses reveals Gods Covenants to us.
With out God walking and talking to Moses the history of God inter acting with man would not be known.
Moses testimony is proof that God had a living relationship with Moses.
All these are CLAIMS, no proof, You do not understand the difference between Claim and Proof, do you?

What is your proof that God talked to Moses and Abraham? I think you are just going in circles and have no idea about what is the real question, do you?

Location hidden

#174458 May 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
All these are CLAIMS, no proof, You do not understand the difference between Claim and Proof, do you?
What is your proof that God talked to Moses and Abraham? I think you are just going in circles and have no idea about what is the real question, do you?
You tell me MUQ what the real truth is?
bmz

Location hidden

#174459 May 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You create your own story to hide that fact that you worship your prophet Muhammad's jinn devil moon god called Allah.
You do not read the Gospels to learn from them, rather you read them to create your own story to hide your worship of the jinn devil moon god called Allah.
Whenever I show you the absurdities and the forgeries in the New Testament gospels, I refer to your books.

Qur'aan has no such absurdities. Your Bible is full of them.

Now, read this again:

There is nothing from Jesus saying that he was sent to be crucified.

Everything we hear about Jesus comes from people, who did not know the man and who came up with their own wild conjectures and doctrines, which were forced dow the throats of those, who bought the lies.

So, the point is that all claims of Christianity are absurd and lies against the noble and poor son of our dearest mother Mary.

People spend their lives searching God and want to be closer to God, while you want people to waste their time and lives in search of a man, who was lowly before God. You degrade God.

How do you expect us to believe in the Bull Shit spread by the Church founded by pagans, that Jesus was God, when he never said anything so filthy himself?
bmz

Location hidden

#174460 May 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me MUQ what the real truth is?
The truth is that Jesus was neither the son of God nor God. Period!

Location hidden

#174461 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that Jesus was neither the son of God nor God. Period!
So what does that mean to you as a Muslim?
How is your life affected by what you call a lie?
Does that interfere with your belief of entering paradise?
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#174462 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not quote anything from Revelation drugstore, written by the pot-smoker John. We are Muslims.
We find Revelation, the most disgusting book in the Misquoted Jesus collection, known as the New Testament.
Your little bitty Quran booklet says all that? I think not. Even you don't know your own sick religion. That's one side-effect of Islam that I've noticed repeatedly over the years: the inability to think logically (or rationally). Even in every day life, Muslims just don't think straight (all Muslims need to be watch because of this).

You hate the fact that NO presence of God, nor revelation from God ever came to MuhamMAD. You hate the fact that your pitiful Quran(s)[there are five versions] have nothing anywhere near being as utterly profound as the Revelation. Muslims are scared of the fact that God gave ALL JUDGMENT to Jesus, whom Islam has always hate, resented and blasphemed.

"Payback" is gonna be a bitch, isn't it? How will Muslims act when they (YOU) are standing there in that mass of humanity, waiting to be judged BY Jesus? Where will they hide then? It'll be quite entertaining watching godless Muslims squirm as Jesus' book of Life is opened and NO Muslim name was found. They call themselves "submitters", yet they failed to submit where it really counted.

So, you just keep telling yourself it's not true. It'll just add to that devestated look on your self-righteous face when you find that YOU WERE WRONG! Jesus IS judging you! Yes, I do look forward to seeing that. I can just see your idiot mouths hanging open in astonishment and confusion (you'll end your life just as confused as you lived it). Finally, once and for all, Muslims will be forced to admit that they were WRONG (eternally).

BTW, thanks for pointing out Muslim sensitivity to the Revelation; I'll have to do some comparing with the Quran and write an article about it. I'm sure there are some interesting observations to be made there. Speaking of writing again (I been off for a while), maybe I'll add to my "Islam's Funniest Hadiths" series, too. Maybe I should post some of that here, huh? It's HILARIOUS, and it shows the world just how mentally ill MuhamMAD and Islam really is!

Yes, that's it. Hey, THANKS for the motivation! I appreciate it.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174463 May 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the pot to the kettle.

Where's your proof about anything that Mohammad claimed to be true?
JOEL

Thane, India

#174464 May 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

How did you acquire the knowledge of Good Joe, if I AM WHO AM is an asura/demonic being?
If you wish to be on the side of truth simply stay away from the evil teachings of the Tanakh.

Those words I AM....are the egoistic words of an Asura with matching evil deeds worked out through the evil Hebrew patriarchs.

If the father of Jesus is the same entity as the Judaic G-d then Jesus, too, was a demon-worshipper and yes many key statements and actions of Jesus betray his evil nature beneath the coating of a pseudo-peace.

Islam is as evil as Judaism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min waco1909 685,438
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 17 min RiccardoFire 8,329
News Lotte Department Store sets up prayer room for ... 41 min Simran 7
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 46 min Faith 518,129
News Officials decry rock star's stance on BDS 49 min Pete Seeger fan 1
News Jerusalem: Hot bed of endless conflict 55 min kogen five column 1
News A theology of love 1 hr Jake999 68
More from around the web