Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,591)

Showing posts 151,801 - 151,820 of198,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Mental Blockhead,
There really must be something structurally wrong with the way your brain processes information...
Not really.

Keep on reading and absorbing my posts. You will learn.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Good night all.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want me to believe that Jesus is YOUR God, then do me a favour. Kick the Father and the alleged Holy Ghost out!
Throw away all junk and stuff of various stupid and absurd man-made doctrines, which do not have any leg to stand upon.
Do that asap (as soon as possible)
rabbee: it is not appropiate, for any even alleged as holy man. to commit blastphemy, and encourage any one to sin reguardless of the situation. and shall never be considered, as cute, funny, or witty by G-D. if you can't keep your responses true to G-D, then it is better to not say anything at all. least you reveal your lack of, any holiness in yourself.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike with islam that can make up whatever they want, the Catholic Church only speaks what God wants not what man wants.
rabbee: which is considered, worse by G-D? to make up your own unholy text, or to alter The Holy Text.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Lone Worker wrote:
Jesus is the lamb of God given in sacrifice for the atonement of man and for all the work of God. Bless his Holy name!
Ever consider fortune cookies?
Lone Worker

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was he led to Satan for testing? Wasn't the Father, who was mighty pleased, sure? He should not have been sent to Satan at all!
I believe this proved beyond doubt that Jesus was the spotless lamb.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was he led to Satan for testing? Wasn't the Father, who was mighty pleased, sure? He should not have been sent to Satan at all!
Jesus was tested as all men/women are tested. As with many of the Saints who lived holy lives, satan appeared in person to Jesus to test Him.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: which is considered, worse by G-D? to make up your own unholy text, or to alter The Holy Text.
They are both an abomination to God.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about the biblical Jesus.
It was not the child, who was miraculous, the mother was a miraculous woman, who conceived a child without anyone touching her. She knew no one and no man ever knew her.
Qur'aan and the Prophet affirmed that the son of Mary was a messenger of God. Both never affirmed that the son of Mary, was a miraculously conceived miracle worker.
rabbee: to denounce one truth of G-D, here in this Story of Physical Creation again. is to denounce all, The Truth of G-D here in TheTorah Happening again. to denounce the miraculous surrogate birth, of Adam twice here in TheTorah is a sin. it is blastphemy to denouce, the Unique birth of Adam here in TheSrory of Physical Creation again, again, again or again. and to denounce being here, in ThisStory of Creation again, is blastphemy against Ruach HaKodesh.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
They are both an abomination to God.
rabbee: that is an attempt to evade, answering the question. just another way, of lying. either you truly know, the absolute answer or your don't. and any wrong answer, indicates you don't really know, or know and are wontonly lying.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>
rabbee: that is an attempt to evade, answering the question. just another way, of lying. either you truly know, the absolute answer or your don't. and any wrong answer, indicates you don't really know, or know and are wontonly lying.
Whatever, I stand by what I posted.
Lone Worker

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever consider fortune cookies?
Is that supposed to be funny Jughead?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think alter the holy text.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, I stand by what I posted.
rabbee: then you stand by, your evading the truth. aka: a lie.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Islam, the religion that decrees that true believers in Allah must use their left hands to wipe their asses an odd number of times after defecating, because that's what Allah's Messenger Mohammad did, and he was, is, and remains forevermore the perfect model of ass-wiping conduct. See: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/2532

Is it any wonder that Muslims are the angriest people on earth, when they not only have the incorrect anal hygienic practices of infidels on their minds, but also the very existence of the abominable Zionist Entity?

Incidentally, Jews, as everyone knows or SHOULD know, wash their ass-holes with water after they shit.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I think alter the holy text.
rabbee: and so your relative, reasoning skills remains impecable. and you made it, look so easy and simple. for you, have chosen wisely. i am willing to be, you can even tell us, why he did not care to make a choice?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>
rabbee: and so your relative, reasoning skills remains impecable. and you made it, look so easy and simple. for you, have chosen wisely. i am willing to be, you can even tell us, why he did not care to make a choice?
Maybe he didn't know the difference.

Anyway, I am more curious to know why you post that question to him?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

WHAT MECCA?(PART1)

A great tragedy of the Islamic control of our universities and political correctness plus the fear of extreme violence if anyone dares question the roots and claims of Islam is ...that nobody dares question the roots and claims of Islam!!! I want to stimulate interest and offer this summary of information on Mecca from (LINK) which discusses some problems with Muslim claims in a comparison of evidence supporting Islam/Christianity.

Also try Ibn Warraq’s ‘The Quest for the Historical Mohammad’ or a light review in ‘Why I am not a Muslim.’ Remember Islam’s sira (biographies of Mohammad) and sunnah/hadith were all written 150-200+ years AFTER Mohammad died, and the Koran????
Summary:

1)For Muslims "Mecca is the centre of Islam, and the centre of history." "The first sanctuary appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (or Mecca), a blessed place, a guidance for the peoples." (Koran Sura 3:96).
Muslim tradition claims Adam placed the black stone in the original ka’ba and Abraham and Ishmael rebuilt the Meccan ka’ba later (Koran sura 2:125-127). Mecca is central to Islam and Mohammad’s life.

2)There is no documentary or archaeological evidence that Abraham ever went to or lived in Mecca.

3)What Mecca- there is no sure evidence of Mecca pre-Islam. The Greco-Egyptian geographer Ptolemy in the mid-2nd century A.D. made a brief inference to a city called "Makoraba" 500 years pre-Islam(is this Mecca?). There is no other report of Mecca or its ka’ba in any authenticated ancient document until the early eighth century (Mohammad died in 632) where the earliest substantiated reference to Mecca occurs in the Continuatio Byzantia Arabica, which is a source dating from early in the reign of the caliph Hisham, who ruled between 724-743 A.D. ie 100 years AFTER Mohammad died!!

4)There is no evidence to support Muslim claims that Mecca was an ancient and great city, the centre of the trading routes for Arabia in the seventh century and before.

5)There is ample documentation from that part of the world which FAILS to support Muslim claims-

a) Mecca NOT on major trade routes: Extensive research on the history of trade in the ancient Middle-East, shows Mecca was not on any major trading routes. "Mecca is tucked away at the edge of the peninsula. Only by the most tortured map reading can it be described as a natural crossroads between a north-south route and an east-west one." (Bulliet 1975:105)

b) Mecca could not have been on the trading route, as it would have entailed a detour from the natural route along the western ridge. The trade route must have bypassed Mecca by some one-hundred miles (Groom 1981:193;).

c)Why go to the barren valley of Mecca down a steep descent when you could go to Ta’if which had a well, sanctuary and food supplies?

d)"what commodity was available in Arabia that could be transported such a distance, through such an inhospitable environment, and still be sold at a profit large enough to support the growth of a city in a peripheral site bereft of natural resources?" (Crone 1987:7) It wasn't incense, spices, and other exotic goods, as many notoriously unreliable earlier writers have suggested but more recent, reliable research finds the Arabs engaged in a trade of leather and clothing; hardly items which could have founded a commercial empire of international dimensions.
e) Sloppy research is blamed for the wrong view re trade made by many orientalists eg Lammens, copied by others.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

WHAT MECCA?(PART2)

f) Maritime trade: Later Greek historians who were closer to the events (such as Cosmas, Procopius and Theodoretus) indicate that the Greek trade between India and the Mediterranean was entirely maritime after the first century A.D.(Crone 1987:29)(remember Islam didn’t start till the 7th century). One need only look at a map to understand why. It was cheaper, faster, and probably safer to ship goods than trek over land. Why would the traders ship their goods from India by sea, unload it at Aden onto much slower and more expensive camels to trudge 1,250 miles across the inhospitable Arabian desert to Gaza, when they could leave it on ships following the Red Sea route up the west coast of Arabia?

g) The Greco-Roman trade with India collapsed by the third century A.D. By Muhammad's time there was no overland route, and no Roman market to which the trade was destined. Remaining trade was controlled by the Ethiopians, not the Arabs, and that Adulis, the port city on the Ethiopian coast of the Red Sea, and not Mecca was the trading centre of that region (Crone 1987).

h) The Greeks to whom the trade went had never even heard of a place called Mecca.

i) Greek trading documents refer to the towns of Ta'if (which is south-east of present-day Mecca), and to Yathrib (later Medina), as well as Kaybar in the north, but no mention is made of Mecca (Crone 1987).

j)Muslims confused about Mecca: Research carried out by J.van Ess, in both the first and second civil wars, notes accounts of people proceeding from Medina to Iraq via Mecca (van Ess 1971:16; see also Muhammad b. Ahmad al-Dhahabi 1369:343). Yet Mecca is south-west of Medina, and Iraq is north-east. Thus the sanctuary for Islam, according to these traditions was at one time north of Medina, which is the opposite direction from where Mecca is today!

k) The author concludes re Mecca---“We are left in a quandary. If, according to documentary evidence, in this case the ancient Greek historical and trading documents, Mecca was not the great commercial centre the later Muslim traditions would have us believe, if it was not known by the people who lived and wrote from that period, and if it could not even qualify as a viable city during the time of Muhammad, it certainly could not have been the centre of the Muslim world at that time. How then can we believe that the Qur'an is reliable?”....” the city it identifies as the birthplace and cornerstone for the nascent Islam cannot even be identified with any historical accuracy until at least a full century later?”***Please refer to the full article and note that there is more evidence than presented in the article..

A quandary indeed and this quandary is increased by work examining the development of (Islam’s) laws, which only seemed to be attached to ‘scripture’ in the 9th century (remember Mohammad died in 632); there is NO reference to the Koran in the mid 8th century statement of ‘muslim’ creed called the Fiqh Akbar 1 –surely it is unthinkable that had the Koran existed it would not have been mentioned; and further evidence that the term ‘sunna of the prophet’ is early Iraqian, not Medinese and that the legal doctrine of the Medinese lags behind and is dependent on that of the Iraqians.......the concept of Medina as the true home of the sunna is a fiction of the 3rd ‘Islamic’ century (J Schacht ‘a Revaluation of Islamic traditions’ in Ibn Warraq ‘The quest for the historical Mohammad”)....There are NO Korans from anywhere in the world from the 7th century....so how do Muslims know their text is unaltered??? Remember the Doctrina Iacobi, 642A.D.(Jews/Saracens allied) and the Armenian Chronicler 660 A.D.(Jews & Ishmaelites together) refer to a violent Arab prophet in the area of Syria/Palestine, NOT Mecca or Medina, preaching a Jewish messiah....and there is a huge array of other problems....But who can we trust to accurately research the truth?

TO BE CONTINUED...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

WHAT MECCA?(PART 3)

Yes, it’s time Islam was really subjected to some hard scrutiny but that won’t happen in today’s universities where an American study already shows the ‘paint a rosy’ picture, level of research.
http://islammonitor.org/index2.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,801 - 151,820 of198,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••