Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#152712 Oct 13, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear oh dear...UK's loss is God's gain!
If all else fails we shall give Hyde park its well deserved custom.
lol!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152713 Oct 13, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Islamotard,
How many times do I need to try to drill it into your thick skull that I was raised Catholic, but have any number of questions about R.C. doctrine that I'm not about to share with a sneeringly contemptuous ex-christian turd like you?
Hello slimy bu-tard.
You are a CATHOLIC until you clearly tell us that you are NOT one!
Then it still leaves the question about your faith.
Either you are a Catholic or a faithless creep who has nothing better to do with your sad life.
Make it simple..
bu-tard the catholic or
bu-tard the non denominational confused spineless creep.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152714 Oct 13, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jesus a Jew following Judaism as his religion?
Was he a Christian following Christian Dogmas about Trinity, Divinity and Atonement ?
Was he a Buddhist, Hindu or Taoist following their scriptures?
When you fail to answer these, you will have to conclude that He was a Muslim, submitting himself to His Lord and Creator and following what revelation came to him and earlier prophets. This is the "generic definition" of being a Muslim.
Why you get mad when some one says that Jesus was a Muslim?
Very well said brother and I also tend to agree with Rabbeen al Jihad about Jesus'attempt to practice monotheism while being atttached to Judaism although he was not accepted as a practising Jew by the Jews. Hence his inability to enter a synagogue.
bmz

Location hidden

#152715 Oct 13, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a Muslim but you are not.
You are sinning by worshipping a Muslim man.
Chuckle

Esa ibne Maryam was his Islamic name.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152716 Oct 13, 2012
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text> Salaamz MUQ, & salutations. pardon my intrusion but I believe you to be in error.Jesus (pbuh) was a rabbi,only those of the rabbinical order were allowed to read from the holy books.However! everything He preached,teached,and practiced,could easily put Him into the submitters catagory of Islaam.For truely there are many submitters out there that are unaware that they are muslims! What say you,O knowledgeable One? Cheerz.
You make a good point Rabbeen.
Thank you.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152717 Oct 13, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckle
Esa ibne Maryam was his Islamic name.
Absolutely bro!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#152718 Oct 13, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
I don't think hell is low or in the belly of this planet (besides being scorching hot!)as claimed in some books.
Have a lovely day and peace to you my friend.
:-) thanks.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#152719 Oct 13, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, NQ
Thanks. All is well here and I hope all is well there with you, family and friends.
Almighty God or mighty God is the same. However, mighty god is nothing.
Well, if you have a mighty warrior, it's not the same as the king. Let's just say as in analogy. You too, take care.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152720 Oct 13, 2012
birdiesfouris wrote:
<quoted text>
I know enough about him to know he is a fake God.
That remark brings into question "Allah" the God, referred to in the Christian Bible(Arabic translation) in Genesis, John 3:16 and other places.
Why don't you tell the millions of Arab Christians that Allah is not God?
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Source...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152721 Oct 13, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>idiot,
If Jesus had been a murderer like your "apostle," then maybe "his mission would not have flopped."
BJ could not muster enough people you ignorant fool.
They tried and failed after selling cloaks and buying swords...they didn't know how to fight!
So what do they do?
cut off the ears of a defenseless servant of a JEWish priest!
When they get caught, suddenly the losers blurt out "throw the swords aways because those who live by the sword, die by it!!".
Nice excuse by losers when their backs were against the wall.
Qadir mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#152722 Oct 13, 2012
WARRIOR HATES ALLAH
“WIELDLING THE SWORD OF GOD”

Qadir mengal wrote:
The Prophet’s actions and words were remembered and later recorded (known as Hadith), so that Muslims in future generations to the end of time could try to act and speak as he did. He has served as an example for all Muslims in all periods to modern times. He will remain a model example for all of humanity.

So you like those good ole' hadith's eh' Tell me the story of the 'night journey' apostle Muhammad took.

I'll wai

Mengal
Dear Warrior’

You are right the story of night(Meraj) Even we today un able to digest, that how it is Possible Allah would take His servant(Mohammad) in a moment of night from mecca to Yoroshalem(Al-Quds) philistine and from where to heavens and bring him back to Mecca,
Dear you are the not single person to object, Exact at the time of night story even a house hold illiterate lady such as Omma Hani the cousin of Prophet hold prophet from his Cloth and begged that this event you Prophet may not tell people as no one believe you,

Prophet this is not my own invent, As such he has to recieve it to every body, When this story was told to Sahaba the companions, then hearing of it by Nonbelievers started taunting like you and one person seeing Abubaker a close friend and companion of prophet tell him, now go and hear your friend Mohammad(saw) telling that he in one night went from mecca to Al-Qudus Mosque and from to heavens than after visiting them come back,

Abubakar you are not telling truth, However, if it is correct, than same is true, However when this taunting did not stop , than Abubaker came to a suggestion that you people know that Mohammad(saw) never has visit Al-qudus Mosque and has not seen Phalisteen so many of us who have seen Mosque Al-Quds And its suburbs, so let we go and ask from Mohammad(saw) That if he claims that he in same night went from Mecca to Philis ten AlQudsmosque, So kindly tell us some signs of Mosqu and its description, So Abubakar along with these Taunters, who have seen the Mosque Al-Quds went to prophet, Where abubakar addressed Prophet, O prophet As you claim that in night went from Mecca Masjid Haram to Mosque Al- Quds and from where went to heavens, we only for our satisfaction wanted some signs to tell us about Mosque Al-Quds(philistine) It is stated that prophet at sudden went in shock,But in the second Moment told Ask what ever you want, so then who ever questioned about Mosque its suburbs Prophet immediately answered him, when People saw this they became silent and taunting finished, Later on prophet told When Abubakar told him so I felt as earth went under his feet, as he had not noticed such things But In the very moment Allah brought the Alqudus mosque and it suburbs in my front so my worry vanished.

Dear Now you about 1400 hundred year back taunting like them, But do not see in Quran hundreds and thousand like other stories and incidents have been told and all that have been proved fact, so would you not come out of your own world and follow your those scholer brothers who day by day accepting Islam.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152723 Oct 13, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Hello slimy bu-tard.
You are a CATHOLIC until you clearly tell us that you are NOT one!
Then it still leaves the question about your faith.
Either you are a Catholic or a faithless creep who has nothing better to do with your sad life.
Make it simple..
bu-tard the catholic or
bu-tard the non denominational confused spineless creep.
Truth be told, whether or not I am now or ever was a CATHOLIC, you will ALWAYS be a sneeringly contemptuous piece of shit.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152724 Oct 13, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I still insist on what I asked:
Get me an epistle from Jesus himself. I think he was schooled. Wasn't he?
Didn't any of his disciples write or record the things he said? Was he always in the company of illiterate fools?
Is there any epistle from Joseph, the fella, who laid him in the tomb to recuperate and let him out later? Was he also illiterate/unschooled?
Imam No Nails of the Well-Managed Stage Play,

Would your illiterate "prophet" have endorsed your preposterous fiction?
bmz

Location hidden

#152725 Oct 13, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Imam No Nails of the Well-Managed Stage Play,
Would your illiterate "prophet" have endorsed your preposterous fiction?
Sure!

Buford,

The point is we do not have anything direct from Jesus and neither do we have anything from the eleven disciples. I excluded the one, who died twice or reportedly in two different ways.

We do not even have second hand information. What we have are accounts based on hearsay from people, who were far less than twelve and they were not the companions of Jesus or eyewitnesses.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152726 Oct 13, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Truth be told, whether or not I am now or ever was a CATHOLIC, you will ALWAYS be a sneeringly contemptuous piece of shit.
Says a lot about you bu-tard.
The more you write here the greater the damage you cause to your cult!
You are a CATHOLIC bu-tard and a piece of excrement of course.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#152729 Oct 13, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said brother and I also tend to agree with Rabbeen al Jihad about Jesus'attempt to practice monotheism while being atttached to Judaism although he was not accepted as a practising Jew by the Jews. Hence his inability to enter a synagogue.
Thank you brother.... and to be fair, before the advent of Last and Final prophet, Jews were the stand bearers of Monotheism in the world.... and even today they are free from Idol worship etc.

Their main problem is racism, by which they still consider themselves superior to other people and other races, forgetting that every human is created by the same God which created Jews.

God is not partial to any people or any race per see. Anyone who does the work of God and walks in His ways becomes closer and closest to God.

God does not see our genealogy, but our faith and our heart and our actions.

That is the main point of contention between Islam and Jews / Zionists.

Jesus, peace be on him and all other Jewish prophets, were not racist in the least. They were True Muslims preaching the message which came to them and guiding any one who came to them. Even thought their mission was primarily for Jews.

Thank you once again. And Salaams.

MUQ
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#152730 Oct 13, 2012
Does any one knows what happened to our false Yogi? It is many weeks since we saw his last post on this and other thread.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#152731 Oct 13, 2012
Mitt Romney Style (Gangnam Style Parody)

Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152732 Oct 13, 2012
bmz wrote:
Sure!
Buford,
The point is we do not have anything direct from Jesus and neither do we have anything from the eleven disciples. I excluded the one, who died twice or reportedly in two different ways.
We do not even have second hand information. What we have are accounts based on hearsay from people, who were far less than twelve and they were not the companions of Jesus or eyewitnesses.
And your SIX CENTURIES REMOVED "prophet" got it right?

LOL!!!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152733 Oct 13, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Says a lot about you bu-tard.
The more you write here the greater the damage you cause to your cult!
You are a CATHOLIC bu-tard and a piece of excrement of course.
OK, I'm a CATHOLIC who worships the Pope and Mary, as you say, but you are STILL a piece of shit, and an ex-christian one at that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Just Think 691,970
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 21 min 15th Dalai Lama 3,194
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 23 min Faith 521,857
News Jehovah's Witnesses had right to refuse blood t... 44 min Frindly 6
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) 1 hr Frindly 1,191
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Frindly 14,718
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 1 hr Frindly 4
More from around the web