Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13636 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean EVERYONE who is born dies? What is THAT for humanity being doomed?

"Every man is at a loss" Quran says, "Except those who believe, do good deeds, enjoin truth to others and show patience and perseverance (received by doing do)"

They die in this world and get eternal life in the next world.
Your quote is very hypocritical, especially when thinking of your attitudes towards atheists, gays, child marriage, and so on.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13637 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean EVERYONE who is born dies? What is THAT for humanity being doomed?
"Every man is at a loss" Quran says, "Except those who believe, do good deeds, enjoin truth to others and show patience and perseverance (received by doing do)"
Belief in supernatural is not good for next life but this life. Beliefs are just that and not the truth as religions portray. Why is this MUQ is minded to deliberately misconstrue a post which correctly warns us to wake up as we are heading for a doom! As per MUQ all is well since what matters is "belief" in his book (which told us of creation lies like other religions) and a better afterlife! If there is a better afterlife then those who lie and let us proceed as specis to the doom by far sooner than the billion years time that our Sun stops supplying the required conditions on the planet.

OH!MUQ! Real GOD will not be content!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13638 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean EVERYONE who is born dies? What is THAT for humanity being doomed?
Prove there is a next world. I'll wait ....

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13639 Jul 26, 2013
Please don't hold your breath. Muq runs from questions like wildfire.
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Prove there is a next world. I'll wait ....
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13640 Jul 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Please don't hold your breath. Muq runs from questions like wildfire.
<quoted text>
A typical topix theist then!

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13641 Jul 26, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical topix theist then!
That's right I have been asking him the same question for weeks with no response.

He is a loathsome little creep who thinks who thinks the:-
1. Abuse, female genital mutilation
2. Rape, child brides.
3. Murder, stoning to death.

of little girls as perfectly OK because it is done in the name of a merciful god.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13642 Jul 26, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: ".... the universe wanting to learn or having it's own motives ..." .... prove it does or prove it doesn't ..... I'll wait ....
Hope you're patient ... we've already been waiting 13.8 billion years. How much more "proof" do you need?

Texas, USA

#13643 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>They die in this world and get eternal life in the next world.
The old 'eternal life' carrot. Keep chasing that carrot MUQ, you'll get it one day.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#13644 Jul 26, 2013
Other lies Muq believes:
1. mohammed's cheque is in the post
2. mohammed won't shoot in his mouth.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The old 'eternal life' carrot. Keep chasing that carrot MUQ, you'll get it one day.
Messenger

Louisville, KY

#13645 Jul 26, 2013
You'll find me when you seek me with your whole heart.

God

Texas, USA

#13646 Jul 26, 2013
Messenger wrote:
You'll find me when you seek me with your whole heart.
God
By the time you get your "whole heart" in the search, time to see a shrink.

#13647 Jul 26, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you're patient ... we've already been waiting 13.8 billion years. How much more "proof" do you need?
How very agnostic of you!

Texas, USA

#13649 Jul 26, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
How very agnostic of you!
Please ... there's no need to insult me.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13650 Jul 26, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there is a next world. I'll wait ....
Wait and wait till you breath the last....and then you WISH, why I was so dumb!!

Way gamble with your life? Is the gamble worth it?

#13652 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait and wait till you breath the last....and then you WISH, why I was so dumb!!
What gamble? You mean the same one that you are taking ... you die and discover the real God is Horus? That gamble?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13653 Jul 26, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Please ... there's no need to insult me.
:( Why is that insulting? I've been told that I was an agnostic before. Why do you think that is bad?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13654 Jul 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, is it worth it?
Because if you're wrong, you will have wasted your entire life, the only life you have, worshipping your religion.

Texas, USA

#13655 Jul 26, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
:( Why is that insulting? I've been told that I was an agnostic before. Why do you think that is bad?
Just kidding really. I'm trying to be a 'good Atheist' and was voicing a negative opinion regarding 'fence-sitting Agnostics' earlier on. Oogah is just mess'n with my head.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13656 Jul 26, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just kidding really. I'm trying to be a 'good Atheist' and was voicing a negative opinion regarding 'fence-sitting Agnostics' earlier on. Oogah is just mess'n with my head.
Oh good :) I got my feelins hurt for a second :p Is that was agnostics are called "fence sitters"? I don't wanna be a fence sitter...I just wanna be a truth teller :)

Texas, USA

#13657 Jul 26, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good :) I got my feelins hurt for a second :p Is that was agnostics are called "fence sitters"? I don't wanna be a fence sitter...I just wanna be a truth teller :)
Since nobody can really 'prove' anything (about God), some Agnostics speak as if this levels the field between god and no-god, making their philosophy the 'true' winner. This is simply not the case. We've got gobs of scientific observations under our belt and ... no god. Science is not, of course, really designed to find gods, but you would think that somewhere between neutrinos and super-massive Black Holes we would have spotted a few god droppings by now. Rather than being 'level', it's more like 99.99999% no god, 0.00001% maybe. Atheist's, I feel, can be quit confident in their assertions. Somebody or something MUST balance the over-zealous godbot's, whose 'faith' seems boundless, if we are ever to tip the scales of opinion towards reason. That unhappy task has fallen upon the hapless Atheist and even then, on one's brave enough to take a stand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 min DaniEl 492,290
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Chimney1 43,263
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min kent 654,150
News Larry and Carol Bartlett 13 min aadrivers 1
News Why Jehovah's Witnesses refuse army service 1 hr DR SOS 29
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr Big Al 9,569
News 'Remain Loyal!' theme of Jehovah's Witnesses co... 2 hr jace 810
More from around the web