Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
4,801 - 4,820 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Apologetics press.
:sigh:
Langoliers mindless mouths. I see why you chose that name. Actually it is apt for one like yourself.
<quoted text>
That would explain his loquacious anoesis.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Since you tried to insult me instead of providing any evidence god exists, I'll take that to mean you don't have any evidence that god exists.
You know why there isn't any evidence god exists? Well, that's because he doesn't exist.
File that under "Duh".

Or you could provide some evidence. After all, I'm not the only person reading your posts...

What? No evidence?
How many times should someone have to present you with the evidence that you just toss out?

I don't play those games. I'm not here to covert you or anyone. You along with everyone else on these threads were given the same opportunity to take care of your soul, you turned that down, that's your call. Have a nice life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Is that how you aim to find proof of god? Or have you stopped looking for proof because you know its not real deep down?
"find proof of god"

You're still so confused.

Repeat after me

There is evidence for God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"find proof of god"
Repeat after me
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no verifiable evidence for the existence of God. Which one were you talking about anyway? Man has created many gods in his own image. http://www.godchecker.com

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"What proof?"
Repeat after me
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
There is no proof of God
Would you like the name of a good therapist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>Would you like the name of a good therapist?
Why is he better then Bob Newhart?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you as a believer come to the atheism forum. Oh and just because you are not a catholic doesn't make you any less deluded. The onus is on the person making the claim that something exists not the people who wisely say not buying it.

By that reasoning the crazy man on the corner screaming that he saw a demonic army gathering to storm the city must be taken seriously. Would you take his delusion as serious? If not your argument has fallen apart. You like him are free to live in your delusional world but the rest of us will just walk by and chuckle at both of you.
Yeah. Yeah. Burden of proof and all that. I'm not buying it. Believe what you want. I don't have to convince you of a thing. I'm not the one who has a problem with someone choosing to believe differently than I do. Even if I feel your belief to be illogical. I got too much respect for my fellow man, as well as myself, to view them as anything less than equal. I came here because I was curious. End of story. As a free person I'm not limited as to where I can go. You don't get to make that call. You don't own me. You are free to feel whatever way you choose about my beliefs, but you lack the authority to ridicule me for having them. Also if a demonic army was in fact storming your fictional city (that could simply be that man's interpretation of what a group of armed men looks like) and you continued to arrogantly walk around the corner under the presumption that you know everything, I would chuckle at your dumb self for not at least taking heed. Crazy man or not. He saw SOMETHING.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Yeah. Burden of proof and all that. I'm not buying it. Believe what you want. I don't have to convince you of a thing. I'm not the one who has a problem with someone choosing to believe differently than I do. Even if I feel your belief to be illogical. I got too much respect for my fellow man, as well as myself, to view them as anything less than equal. I came here because I was curious. End of story. As a free person I'm not limited as to where I can go. You don't get to make that call. You don't own me. You are free to feel whatever way you choose about my beliefs, but you lack the authority to ridicule me for having them. Also if a demonic army was in fact storming your fictional city (that could simply be that man's interpretation of what a group of armed men looks like) and you continued to arrogantly walk around the corner under the presumption that you know everything, I would chuckle at your dumb self for not at least taking heed. Crazy man or not. He saw SOMETHING.
He probably saw grackles. You did say he's crazy right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>But what if the beliefs ARE myths? I think it's important to point that out. Especially when people are trying to deny people equal rights based on their beliefs in those myths. If, back in the 60's, fundies had just said, "I believe Genesis 1:4" and then minded their own business, that would have been one thing. But, instead, they used the verse to deny black people equal rights, up to the point of murder.
I don't believe that anybody has the right to use their beliefs as a weapon to hurt others. In fact, my God teaches me to love my fellow man as I love myself. Any "Christian" using their beliefs as a weapon is not honoring the Word of God. They are abusing it. Blame them. Not the system of beliefs. You have every right to decide what exactly you believe. Not believing in something doesn't automatically make it a myth. I'm sure it originated somewhere. Although, I do think people have false beliefs. Or misinterpretations thereof. Just because someone stands behind the pulpit doesn't mean they are potentially any less misguided. You have to discern that for yourself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Everyone has the right to be stupid.
But some people abuse the privilege.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Aw someone just got all dramatic stamping their feet and saying I don't have to show proof! Lol!

By all means you nor the crazy man on the street need to how any proof as long as you don't mind being chuckled at and not taken remotely seriously.

In fact that is what makes the Internet so great! Before the Internet came around you would be that crazy street guy getting chuckled at to your face.

Now you get laughed at all across the world but need not suffer the humiliation of it being in your face. Bravo!

Oh and btw the crazy street guy isn't into burden of proof either :)
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>And STILL Josephus was born AFTER the supposed Biblical events. He could not have written first hand accounts of them. The best he could have done is to record the oral legends of the time (hearsay). You've still got nothing.

That hasn't changed a whit.
I'm not here to prove anything. I've got nothing TO prove. I don't need your permission to believe the way I do, and I've never indicated that you need mine.
Born Yosef ben Matityahu (Flavius Josephus) was a 1st century Romano-Jewish historian who wrote Antiquities of the Jews which RECOUNTED the history of the world from a Jewish perspective for an ostensibly Roman audience. Antiquities meaning ancient past. These works provide valuable insight into 1st century Judaism and the background of Early Christianity.(as per Wikipedia) The history of oral tradition dates back to the beginning of human history. Did Josephus base his writings primarily upon oral accounts? Doubtful. Jews have scribes for a reason. Said scribes are really good at documenting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Again with the insults. Which, as we know, are the lowest form of dialogue. Religious belief cannot be analyzed under a microscope. The fact remains that you cannot prove that The Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist. Thus I'm not a liar. I simply have different beliefs than you. Nothing wrong with that. Simply part of being human. I think the real question is why do you feel the need to get angry at the fact that I don't believe in the same way as you? That's just illogical.

See how that doesn't work? Bet not!
:) I like that you used my own words against me like that. Nice! Who did I insult? The jerks who insulted me first? If they can't take it then they probably shouldn't be dishing it out. I got no problem with anybody. Certainly not your beliefs. I may question them, just like you question mine, but I got no problem with you for having them. However, I do apologize if I offended you.
Again, well played.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Who is "we"?
*chuckles* Certainly not the mouse in my pocket. "I" think insults are the lowest form of dialogue.:)-

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>He probably saw grackles. You did say he's crazy right?
Lol Sure. Let's go with birds. Why not?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
Everyone has the right to be stupid.
But some people abuse the privilege.
I couldn't agree more :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here to prove anything. I've got nothing TO prove. I don't need your permission to believe the way I do, and I've never indicated that you need mine.
Born Yosef ben Matityahu (Flavius Josephus) was a 1st century Romano-Jewish historian who wrote Antiquities of the Jews which RECOUNTED the history of the world from a Jewish perspective for an ostensibly Roman audience. Antiquities meaning ancient past. These works provide valuable insight into 1st century Judaism and the background of Early Christianity.(as per Wikipedia) The history of oral tradition dates back to the beginning of human history. Did Josephus base his writings primarily upon oral accounts? Doubtful. Jews have scribes for a reason. Said scribes are really good at documenting.
No matter where he got the information, it was not first hand and therefore hear say. There have been other that speculated that Josephus *may* have gotten the information from prior writings. But with no reference to these writings by Josephus or anyone else of the time, it is only speculation.

The short of it, you've only got what Josephus had, which is nothing.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If Josephus wrote of other deities those other deities were real too, right?

Josephus wrote about other deities more than the mythical Jesus deity, if that account really was about the Jesus, which is unclear and the usage of "Chrestus"...OOOPS, no, that was Tacitus that used the term, "Chrestus", and that was tampered with. http://www.natzraya.org/Articles/Christian/Ch...

Anyway...

Josephus writing about Jupiter.
http://books.google.com/books...
http://books.google.com/books...

Josephus also wrote of Heracles and many mythical deities.

Using Christian reasoning and logic as what suffices for evidence, we should believe in all of the deities that Tacitus and Josephus wrote about, not just the Jesus, yes?

This is something from the other side of the coin, concerning Josephus.

"Not a single writer before the 4th century – not Justin, Irenaeus, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, Cyprian, Arnobius, etc.– in all their defences against pagan hostility, makes a single reference to Josephus’ wondrous words.
The third century Church 'Father' Origen, for example, spent half his life and a quarter of a million words contending against the pagan writer Celsus. Origen drew on all sorts of proofs and witnesses to his arguments in his fierce defence of Christianity. He quotes from Josephus extensively. Yet even he makes no reference to this 'golden paragraph' from Josephus, which would have been the ultimate rebuttal. In fact, Origen actually said that Josephus was "not believing in Jesus as the Christ."
Origen did not quote the 'golden paragraph' because this paragraph had not yet been written.
It was absent from early copies of the works of Josephus and did not appear in Origen's third century version of Josephus, referenced in his Contra Celsum."
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/josephus-eta...

I wouldn't use Josephus as a proof of anything if I were you. Unless its to show that people believe in deities.

That's a given, and undisputed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Aw someone just got all dramatic stamping their feet and saying I don't have to show proof! Lol!

By all means you nor the crazy man on the street need to how any proof as long as you don't mind being chuckled at and not taken remotely seriously.

In fact that is what makes the Internet so great! Before the Internet came around you would be that crazy street guy getting chuckled at to your face.

Now you get laughed at all across the world but need not suffer the humiliation of it being in your face. Bravo!

Oh and btw the crazy street guy isn't into burden of proof either :)
Not throwing a tantrum. Simply refusing to go there. I don't feel like I got to. I'm an adult who made an adult decision to believe the way I do. Not based on myth but rather on my own conviction. If that adult decision bothers you, then that's on you not me. I ain't got to explain my adult actions. Nor is my choice to believe this way on trial. Quite frankly you lack the authority to be my judge. Also, I would choose the crazy man on the street over you any day of the week. He may very well be crazy, but at least he's not an arrogant jerk who can't seem to stand the fact that someone might believe contrary to him like you are. Crazy man would surely make for much better company.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
:) I like that you used my own words against me like that. Nice! Who did I insult? The jerks who insulted me first? If they can't take it then they probably shouldn't be dishing it out. I got no problem with anybody. Certainly not your beliefs. I may question them, just like you question mine, but I got no problem with you for having them. However, I do apologize if I offended you.
Again, well played.:)
I don't believe in anything that can't be supported by verifiable evidence. In short, I don't really require belief. As Thomas Jefferson said;

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Religion Forum right now

Search the Religion Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Holy dr Shrink 532,516
Jehovah's Witnesses plan 2 more conventions in ... 8 min UNchained 58
New York Times Suddenly Respects Religion, When... 10 min LOL 1
Congregants 'swarm' to raise kingdom hall 13 min florida native 25
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 24 min danetoo 356,104
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 25 min rajpoot 49,157
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 25 min Kareem O Wheat 199,560
•••
•••