Convert or die

Full story: Don Singleton

BBC NEWS reported A group of South Koreans held hostage by Taleban militants in Afghanistan have said they were beaten and ordered at gunpoint to convert to Islam.
Comments
441 - 460 of 1,923 Comments Last updated Dec 30, 2012
Lucky

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Smitty wrote:
This is your future under evil Islam.
http://opinionjournal.com/editorial/040307can...
Why do you hate Islam? have you been abused by a muslim as a kid? Devote your effort to debate proper topics relating to Islam and I will be proud to participate in educating you.

Since: Aug 07

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

They don't represent islam .
It is Your media, may be wrong news !!!!

Does Bush represent Christian ?
ooddballz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

ROGER_AR wrote:
ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE SO CALLED PEACEFUL RELIGION!!!!
ACTUALLY THIS IS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION AND IT IS WORSE THAN THE KKK!!!

they dont represent islam. they are demented and misunderstand the Qur'an.

May our military find them and stone them.

I would suggest jihadwatch.com ...The TRUTH about islum (spelling intentional) and your PEACEFULL religion!!!!!!!
Handers

North Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

In my opinion, all those who follow any particular religion should stop deluding themselves. Guess what? You're not nearly as important as you think you are.:) Once again, this is my opinion. That said, the lot of you should calm down, if you truly have 'faith'(a redundant term, essentially meaning the unwavering belief of something that there is no reason to believe in), then surely you should be happy to wait until you die, then every single one of you can laugh it up about how you were right and they were wrong. Of course maybe Voodoo is the true religion and you're all going to hell :).

Furthermore, any 'god' that is so desperately insecure that he created the universe so he could be worshipped and praised all day long, in my opinion, does not deserve to be worshipped by humanity, or respected at all.

This comment represents MY opinion, and i respect that other people are entitled to have their own beliefs, so please resist telling me that i am 'wrong'. I am open to any rational debate, but not the blatantly unjustfied hate comments which seem to have characterised this thread so far...
sam bozman

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Whatidiots wrote:
Convert to democracy or the U.S. will invade you... I ask you, what kind of government does that?
the US believes in live-and-let-live. we invaded Iraq cuz they supported terrorism, developed WMDs and refused to abide by international (UN) agreements.
Paul

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Islam forever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Alhamdullilah you respond well to these comments. As you may know Amnesia is the middle name of most white americans. They forget things easily. Who has the most nuclear weapons in the world? They are the reason why we have so many crimes in the world. Look at their prison system and see how many people they have behind bars. I worked in the prison system and I have never seen any Muslims behind bars except a few who may have converted to Islam after getting in trouble. I know these people are Christians because they have the crucifix around their neck.

Their democratic society knows no justice, equality or fairness. They need to look at all the evils the Christians have done throughout the world before they point their fingers at us Muslims. Who are the greatest invaders---check history and look how many wars the Christians initiated. Who wants more control of the world than the Christians? They go to any and every country to take away people resources, they are the biggest thieves. They have stolen from people on every continent. They never learn to satisfy with their own resources, because they think they should have it. America and Americans need to look at their internal problems before attacking and pointing fingers at other countries.
Yes - A Muslim so What wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer is very simple, "Christianity under commander in chief George Bush who many times claimed to have spoken to God"
Your next answer, American under white rule in which Christianity was used to justify enslavement of Blacks and Genocide of Indians
Your next answer, American under the blind patriotism advocated by the hawks Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, and the former Attorney General John Ashkrof!
Your next answer, Christianity under protestants in which thousands and thousands of catholics were massacred, remember September 11: Drogheada Massacre?
American, under white rule in which over three hundred thousands were killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki when the free nation and lover of freedom and democracy dropped nuclear bombs in Japan!
I hope I have answered your question.
victor nonis

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

The Taleban has their own agenda for Afghanistan and perhaps even Pakistan.So the the US too.
The ones caught in the centre are the locals.They get bombed and killed, some are orphaned or maimed.
Its not about might or hardware or brute strength.Its all about the hearts and minds of the local people.If you cannot win the hearts and minds...then the war is already lost.And the war is already lost..but of course the mighty US cannot see that.If they had read the history of Afghanistan's past...they surely will not be in the position that they are in now.A new strategy is badly needed to win this war but of course the powers that be will not see that.They are too busy sitting in comfy chairs up there in Washington DC talking politics and trying to look busy making decisions....for what??/? I suppose its just another game to them until their term is up and another takes over.....and the game goes on.

“The Dhimmi Has Awakened”

Since: Mar 07

Omaha, NE (The US Heartland)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

salaam wrote:
<quoted text>
u have definatly studied the wrong History books about Islam and crusades..but did you forgot the question was not Islam's violence but of Christians violence which all of you cannot face, as a sample I will give out only 3 violences of Christians just in the past 300 years
1 :The Genocide of the Native Americans from America
2: The almost genocide of the Jewish ppl by the soilder of Christ ,Hitler / The total Annhilation of Heroshima and negasaki
3: The murder of 100,000 Palestines (American weapons used by jews), Murder of 100,000 Afghanis, and 100,000 Iraqi's (ALL INNOCENTS)
[ Note the numbers have been given as an rough estimate]
yea and all you can cry about is the dead 3000 , whom were killed and betrayed by their president, yeah another Christian murderer.
Did u see some blood in the mirror or did u saw an OCEAN OF BLOOD.
The Nativa Americans were not slaughtered for a God. A lot of them died from disease brought with the Europeans. If you muslims say everything is because god wills it, the allah killed the Native Americans.

It's been brought up time and time and time again. Maybe one day muslims will understand that Hitler wasn't Christian. He was allied with the muslims in the second world war. He had actually said that he wished that the West would have lost the Battle of Tours so that way Europe would have been an islamic kingdom.

The Jews were in Jerusalem LONG before muslims were. If you're crying about what needs to be done to the invaders the Jews need to adopt the 'Drive them to the sea' philosiphy that hamas has for the Jews. Returning fire to those who are trying to kill you is not murder. It's self-defense. The entire islamic world jumped at Israel and got their collective rears handed to them. Most of the innocents killed in iraq are due to muslim on muslim violence. What a great thing to convert to...

You're using the reason that mohammad said all muslims are innocent right? And us infidel are never innocent because we don't worship mohammad?

I do see oceans of blood in the future. We have attack after attack after attack on Western nations. Just following bin laden's scale of blowing a hole in a ship to crashing airplanes into buildings to.... Hopefully on that day we'll throw PC out the window and let our militaries do what they are made to do.
MeInUSA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Cpetr13 wrote:
He who trades liberty for a measure of temporary safety deserves neither liberty NOR safety. Moreover, you can give up what you want, but I have no intention of doing so. You don't' get to give away MY rights, coward.
<quoted text>
There it is, the great quote all far left liberals love to quote. There are also many quote such as we will always have to fight for our freedoms, freedom doesn't come free, etc, and how we have ALWAYS had to termporaily give up some of our freedoms during ALL wars. Even Lincoln suspended habas corpus during the civil war. I recall a speech from Winston Churchill telling the people many of their freedoms would have to be temporarily taken from them. So if the far left lunatics have any arguments at all, this is certainly not one of them.

The ONLY people I have seen taking anyone else's freedoms from them are the far left lunatics taking freedom of speech from others. And I have actually witnessed this with my own eyes several times. It has always been in this country - I may not believe as you do, but I will fight to my death for your right to believe as you do and your rights to speak about your beliefs (paraphrasing). The far lefts are the ones who are trying their best to shut everyone else up. And as someone else pointed out here, it is the far left lunatics that have divided this country, leaving us wide-open and weak for attack. It is the far left lunatics who are destroying the free world. Extremism is a disease in any guise. The far left lunatics actually are ignorant enough to believe it is impossible for Muslims to take over the free world. They obviously have no clue about history. And, actually, the Muslims didn't have much of a change until the far lefts jumped on their band wagon to help them tremendously.
MeInUSA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Cpetr13 wrote:
So OBL speaks for all muslims? When did THAT get passed?
The KKK says that god doesn't want the races mixing. They don't speak for all christians--supposedly.
<quoted text>
There's a huge difference here. We hear the voices of the many Christians who are against the KKK and we never even hear the voices of the KKK. At the time the KKK was formed, slavery and keeping certain races apart was normal for that day and time. We can hardly compare what is happening today to that period of time.
Jeffy

Loxahatchee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Convert or die?
How about, "Get the phuck out of my country or die," you piece of muslim s#!t!

Everyone points out that islam is NOT a religion of peace. That's accurate. Some protest that it's just the radicals who are not peaceful. Well, those radicals seem to make up most of the islamists! And the ones who are not violent radicals, where the phuck are they? They certainly aren't condemning those among them who are psychotic wannabe-tyrants!

The world would be a far better place if islam were eradicated. The funny thing is, they would use that statement to claim that they are persecuted and endangered and threatened by the rest of the world; but ironically, it was only after they started being terrorists that people came to want them gone! And you go back as far as you want into their history, and all they've ever been to the rest of the world is a threat.
MeInUSA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Cpetr13 wrote:
We are not fighting THE MUSLIMS--we are supposed to be fighting al qaeda, although bush seems to have forgotten that fact. Most muslims, like most adherents of any religion, just want to practice their faith and care for their families. It is the extremists we need to concern ourselves with. And if we would do that instead of demonizing anyone who has a quran, we'd all be a lot safer.
<quoted text>
It is true that there are many Muslims in the western world who are peaceful, but it is also true that there are many more than just a handful of extremists, and certainly more than just Al Qaeda. Almost every Muslim in the Muslim world are extremists and most Muslims from the east living in the west are extremists.

Also, there have always been Muslim extremists who feel they are superior to all & who think they are to fight the unbelievers until Islam rules the world. This is far from being a new thing. In fact, some of our founding fathers wrote about Islam describing it just as many do today when Muslims were attacking western ships in the very beginnings of America. Plus, it is no secret that Muslims once tried to conquer the then-known entire world. Muslims actually think of themselves as liberators back then. Muslims rewrite their history & try to rewrite everyone else's, which is one of the most dangerous things about them. They will never own up to any of their wrongdoings...not even those we see them commit with our own eyes. This is why we see Muslims today who have the nerve to down everyone else about their history when most of us know their history is one of the bloodiest of all...we know that, anyway, not them.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Resonance wrote:
Thank God I have had the chance to attend a diverse university. Many of my coworkers, classmates, and friends are Muslim. They are nothing like the radicals. Islam is a peaceful and respectable religion. Why do individuals allow the actions of the misguided few to tarnish the image of the honorable many?
Nobody who lived with the Fort Dix Six could believe what those nice young boys were planning either. The pilots on 9/11 were such great people with friends...
Chuck Zimmerman

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

MeInUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is, the great quote all far left liberals love to quote. There are also many quote such as we will always have to fight for our freedoms, freedom doesn't come free, etc, and how we have ALWAYS had to termporaily give up some of our freedoms during ALL wars. Even Lincoln suspended habas corpus during the civil war. I recall a speech from Winston Churchill telling the people many of their freedoms would have to be temporarily taken from them. So if the far left lunatics have any arguments at all, this is certainly not one of them.
The ONLY people I have seen taking anyone else's freedoms from them are the far left lunatics taking freedom of speech from others. And I have actually witnessed this with my own eyes several times. It has always been in this country - I may not believe as you do, but I will fight to my death for your right to believe as you do and your rights to speak about your beliefs (paraphrasing). The far lefts are the ones who are trying their best to shut everyone else up. And as someone else pointed out here, it is the far left lunatics that have divided this country, leaving us wide-open and weak for attack. It is the far left lunatics who are destroying the free world. Extremism is a disease in any guise. The far left lunatics actually are ignorant enough to believe it is impossible for Muslims to take over the free world. They obviously have no clue about history. And, actually, the Muslims didn't have much of a change until the far lefts jumped on their band wagon to help them tremendously.
Is it hard to type with that hood over your head?
Liberty has only one true natural enemy. Conservatism.
Franklin was right.
"He that would make his own freedom secure must guard even his enemy from oppression". Thomas Paine Dissertation on the first Principles of Government
MeInUSA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Cpetr13 wrote:
You need your meds adjusted.
The people the jews annihilated were PEOPLE, first and foremost. They killed them because they had a different religion. And the fact that Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son at all is a testament not to his faith but to his lack of morality, not to mention that if Abraham was willing to do it for his god, then the pagans should have been just as free to do it for their god. The god of the OT is a bloodthirsty demon with no compassion or morality.
Many nations and peoples have survived regardless of their religion; the native americans prove that. Despite the best efforts of the conquistadors, settlers, and other genocidal christians, they are still here and defiantly holding on to a culture we tried to destroy. The australian aborigines have much the same story.
The RCC still has quite a lot of influence over the world, btw.
\<quoted text>
The world cannot excuse Muslim extremists/ terrorists because of what others have done in ancient times. People like you make no sense whatsoever. We can't compare what happens today to what happened in a totally different time, when totally different things were accepted with totally different people. Another hugs difference is Christians have never felt the Bible said for them to conquer all others and rule them with Christianity, simply because that is nowhere to be found in the Bible. You can find these things, however, in the Quran/hadiths. Furthermore, the fighting between the Indians and Christians had nothing to do with Christianity and everything to do with misunderstandings, with the Indians and Christians getting along much of time and then not. Anyway, the Crusades, etc, have nothing to do with what is happening today. The only thing we can compare to what is happening today and ancient times is that most everything Christians did bad in history had to do with religion and government not being separated. Muslims can never, ever separate religion and their government. Therefore, they can never be at peace.
RayOne

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

I posit that the enemy of conservatism is chaos.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Whatidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is invading whose country? Last I heard WE had invaded two Muslim countries: Afghanistan and Iraq.
iran/iraq. iraq/kuwait. saudi being afraid that iran will invade them if the US pulls out of iraq...

The two you listed are just the most recent. Folks are so eager to bring up the Crusades or the Native Americans, just a few years back shouldn't be that hard for you to remember.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

El Gato wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather live in a democracy than in the USA.
I'd rather live in a place where my civil rights are respected than in the USA.
I'd rather live in peace with other cultures than raping them.
So when muslims bombed Madrid, that was peaceful?
jimbo

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Chuck Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it hard to type with that hood over your head?
Liberty has only one true natural enemy. Conservatism.
Franklin was right.
"He that would make his own freedom secure must guard even his enemy from oppression". Thomas Paine Dissertation on the first Principles of Government
Without conservatism there is anarchy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••