The most Catholic country in Europe? ...

The most Catholic country in Europe? Croatia and the Church

There are 62 comments on the Ekklesia Daily News story from Feb 15, 2013, titled The most Catholic country in Europe? Croatia and the Church. In it, Ekklesia Daily News reports that:

On 5 June, Croatia will officially be inaugurated as the 28th member of the European Union.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ekklesia Daily News.

pocahontas

King City, Canada

#44 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Your initial comment gave the impression that you think Atheists should talk less about religion, which always make me wonder "What are you hiding?"
That said, I think most non believers just ignore religion.
<quoted text>
Nonsense. They can talk all they like and organize themselves as they did in England, some years ago, with that ads on buses campaign spreading their view that there is no God. It's funny to me that they think they are somehow different.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#45 Feb 27, 2013
I can't comment on what amuses you, but I don't need your permission to discuss religion. I'm very glad religion is less relevant every year.

Example: christians get to burn far less witches than they used to.
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. They can talk all they like and organize themselves as they did in England, some years ago, with that ads on buses campaign spreading their view that there is no God. It's funny to me that they think they are somehow different.
pocahontas

King City, Canada

#46 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I can't comment on what amuses you, but I don't need your permission to discuss religion. I'm very glad religion is less relevant every year.
Example: christians get to burn far less witches than they used to.
<quoted text>
No one said you did and no need for any attitude either and stupid statements. Just don't make yourself out to be any better or different and that's coming from someone who isn't overly religious, but who allows everyone a free choice without judgement.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#47 Feb 27, 2013
Or what?

Is the pope "any better or different"?
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said you did and no need for any attitude either and stupid statements. Just don't make yourself out to be any better or different and that's coming from someone who isn't overly religious, but who allows everyone a free choice without judgement.
pocahontas

King City, Canada

#48 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Or what?
Is the pope "any better or different"?
<quoted text>
You reserve the right to talk about religion so you'll have to extend the same right to anyone else to comment on atheists talking about religion. What attitude you bring to such a discussion is your choice.

The pope is selling something as is an atheist, two peas in a pod. lol
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#49 Feb 27, 2013
Two peas in a pod? Not me.
The pope has a paedophile priest enabling past, I do not.
I wasn't in the Hitler Youth.
I don't even own a pair of red shoes.
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
You reserve the right to talk about religion so you'll have to extend the same right to anyone else to comment on atheists talking about religion. What attitude you bring to such a discussion is your choice.
The pope is selling something as is an atheist, two peas in a pod. lol
pocahontas

King City, Canada

#50 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Two peas in a pod? Not me.
The pope has a paedophile priest enabling past, I do not.
I wasn't in the Hitler Youth.
I don't even own a pair of red shoes.
<quoted text>
The controversial new sex education program introduced just recently into Croatian schools was written up by an atheist who collaborated on a book with another atheist who propagates that paedophilia is okay. Its implementation was all very rushed which got some parents investigating and they’ve formed a group, believers and non-believers, and are taking legal action. You must be okay with paedophilia too because you are an atheist after all. Isn't that how it goes?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#51 Feb 27, 2013
It was you that wanted to equate me with the pope.
Logic is clearly not your strong point.

I can see why a defensive catholic would try and project paedophile crimes onto others but I strongly advise you to look at this from the victim's point of view.

The true victim is not your church's reputation, it is the children abused by your church.

I don't know about Croatia's "controversial new sex education" programme but I'll take a guess there are better sources for information than you.
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
The controversial new sex education program introduced just recently into Croatian schools was written up by an atheist who collaborated on a book with another atheist who propagates that paedophilia is okay. Its implementation was all very rushed which got some parents investigating and they’ve formed a group, believers and non-believers, and are taking legal action. You must be okay with paedophilia too because you are an atheist after all. Isn't that how it goes?
pocahontas

King City, Canada

#52 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
It was you that wanted to equate me with the pope.
Logic is clearly not your strong point.
I can see why a defensive catholic would try and project paedophile crimes onto others but I strongly advise you to look at this from the victim's point of view.
The true victim is not your church's reputation, it is the children abused by your church.
I don't know about Croatia's "controversial new sex education" programme but I'll take a guess there are better sources for information than you.
<quoted text>
I don't know any people, catholics or not, who condone abuse of children or anyone else for that matter under any circumstances, but that's what you are trying to infer. Your concern for victims needs to encompass all and not be based on your prejudices against a certain group.

Why would anyone talk about something that isn't a part of their life except if they have an issue with it. Atheists who enter into religious discussions do so to sell their view that religion is wrong and that there is no God just as the pope is selling his view that he exists and that's why the comparison can and should be made. No difference.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#53 Feb 27, 2013
So you're saying that endorsing and opposing something is equal?
Well it's not.
Religitards get to make laws. That's why I oppose them.
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any people, catholics or not, who condone abuse of children or anyone else for that matter under any circumstances, but that's what you are trying to infer. Your concern for victims needs to encompass all and not be based on your prejudices against a certain group.
Why would anyone talk about something that isn't a part of their life except if they have an issue with it. Atheists who enter into religious discussions do so to sell their view that religion is wrong and that there is no God just as the pope is selling his view that he exists and that's why the comparison can and should be made. No difference.
pocahontas

King City, Canada

#54 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you're saying that endorsing and opposing something is equal?
Well it's not.
Religitards get to make laws. That's why I oppose them.
<quoted text>
Croatia has an atheist president and premier and, golly gee wiz, Croats aren't happy with the government.

Sticks and stones... lol
the black legion

Pickering, Canada

#55 Feb 28, 2013
We are for homeland ready
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#56 Feb 28, 2013
Non sequitur.
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
Croatia has an atheist president and premier and, golly gee wiz, Croats aren't happy with the government.
Sticks and stones... lol
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#57 Feb 28, 2013
Which series?
the black legion wrote:
We are for homeland ready
pocahontas

King City, Canada

#58 Feb 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Non sequitur.
<quoted text>
In your opinion.

Who is stopping you from taking charge and fixing the world? Catholics, muslims, jews, hindus...? Yup, armchair fixer uppers are a dime a dozen.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#59 Feb 28, 2013
I do a lot for cancer research, which will help future generations far more than prayer.

There's a lot of useless praying in the world.
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion.
Who is stopping you from taking charge and fixing the world? Catholics, muslims, jews, hindus...? Yup, armchair fixer uppers are a dime a dozen.
pocahontas

King City, Canada

#60 Feb 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I do a lot for cancer research, which will help future generations far more than prayer.
There's a lot of useless praying in the world.
<quoted text>
Good for you and hopefully you can find a cure. Someone who says a prayer for someone else is not responsible for your problems and even with your good works I’ve still lost loved ones to cancer. Then again, you are also an intolerant individual and your good works may come with a disclaimer that people who pray shouldn't benefit.

Lobby your politicians to get praying banned and if your successful you can go international.

Good luck.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#61 Feb 28, 2013
If only you knew of an all powerful being that would stop cancer...

You've made yet another false assumption about me.
I've no wish to ban people praying.

If believers leave the laws of the land alone, and don't infringe the freedoms of others, then I am fine with personal belief systems.

Here's a little humour to brighten your day.

www.youtube.com/watch...
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you and hopefully you can find a cure. Someone who says a prayer for someone else is not responsible for your problems and even with your good works I’ve still lost loved ones to cancer. Then again, you are also an intolerant individual and your good works may come with a disclaimer that people who pray shouldn't benefit.
Lobby your politicians to get praying banned and if your successful you can go international.
Good luck.
pocahontas

King City, Canada

#62 Feb 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If only you knew of an all powerful being that would stop cancer...
You've made yet another false assumption about me.
I've no wish to ban people praying.
If believers leave the laws of the land alone, and don't infringe the freedoms of others, then I am fine with personal belief systems.
Here's a little humour to brighten your day.
www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
How many billions upon billions of dollars have been raised for cancer research and yet, the best science has done is make people suffer through horrible chemo and radiation. We'll see how many billions more before there is something better.

I can only suggest that if you don’t want people to make assumptions then, perhaps, you should put your smear tactics away.

Personally, I don’t have any issues separating church from state however, I’ve witnessed the intolerant face of atheists before and if you want to sway people a change in approach wouldn't go amiss and the same goes for outspoken religious people.

I don’t mind Jimmy Carr and I’ll have a look at the video, later on, when I have time. I’m confident that you haven’t made any assumptions about my reaction. lol
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#63 Feb 28, 2013
If only you knew of an all powerful compassionate god that would end cancer.

"the best science has done"? Are you serious?

Cancer survival rates are improving year on year.
Chemo is getting more targeted but it needs a lot more research.

Have you got an issue with spending money on that?

Better that than placing money in a collection plate for church abuse legal fees.
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
How many billions upon billions of dollars have been raised for cancer research and yet, the best science has done is make people suffer through horrible chemo and radiation. We'll see how many billions more before there is something better.
I can only suggest that if you don’t want people to make assumptions then, perhaps, you should put your smear tactics away.
Personally, I don’t have any issues separating church from state however, I’ve witnessed the intolerant face of atheists before and if you want to sway people a change in approach wouldn't go amiss and the same goes for outspoken religious people.
I don’t mind Jimmy Carr and I’ll have a look at the video, later on, when I have time. I’m confident that you haven’t made any assumptions about my reaction. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Catholic bishop of Phoenix accused of sex ab... 53 min Father Jeremy 171
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Just Think 8,353
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Faith 518,152
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 685,463
News Church leaders debate support for same sex marr... 7 hr Listen to the Word 1
News Plaque honoring Robert E. Lee in Brooklyn to be... 7 hr Listen to the Word 1
News NC Episcopal bishop says clergy need to bring r... 7 hr Listen to the Word 1
More from around the web