PM says Syrian-style revolt impossible in Iraq

There are 1 comment on the Albany Times Union story from Feb 2, 2013, titled PM says Syrian-style revolt impossible in Iraq. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

Iraq's prime minister said Saturday that a Syrian-style revolt against the government "will not happen" in his country, despite mounting street protests by minority Sunnis against his Shiite-led rule ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Feb 2, 2013
from Albany Times Union:

"In Syria, President Bashar Assad, a follower of a Shiite offshoot of Islam, is battling a nearly 2-year-old Sunni-led uprising that morphed into a civil war in response to a brutal government crackdown.

"In Iraq, Sunnis complaining of official discrimination have staged weekly anti-government rallies since December, including on Friday when tens of thousands blocked a major highway west of the capital Baghdad."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 min Sherlayne 84,141
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Just Think 586,455
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 5 min GodSmacked 2,489
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min Lusen 435,938
Did The Pope Perform a Miracle in Naples? 7 min Thinking 1,290
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 7 min Sherlayne 219,931
News Pamela Geller's Inaugural $10k Muhammad Art Con... 11 min Goddess Gaia 194
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 3 hr Wanderer2452 3,206
More from around the web