Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219933 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Dancing Lights”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#225694 May 6, 2012
Zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>As you know damned well that I was put into a psychiatric hospital as a "place of safety" when I was 14 and have had to be hospitalised since then for depression due to the abuse I suffered as a child, I really think you ought to think very carefully before you make any more disgusting remarks like the one you have just made.
Ah, so you feel justified so you can verbally abuse people who don't agree with you? I'll say it again, if you don't want people to think you're nuts don't ACT it

“Dancing Lights”

Location hidden

#225695 May 6, 2012
Zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>You would be the first one to howl and yowl HOMOPHOBE if anyone made an obnoxious remark about gay people, and yet you think it is ok to repeatedly call someone who has had mental heath problems through none of her own fault but purely on account of the fact that she was abused as a child a nutter. You have shown yourself up in your hypocritical true light.
and you've shown yourself up to be the hypocritical nutter you are:-)

“Dancing Lights”

Location hidden

#225696 May 6, 2012
Zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that's what I said. Which is completly different to what Svaha said that I said.
So June and I "twisted" your own words:-)

“Dancing Lights”

Location hidden

#225697 May 6, 2012
Zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>Despite having to patiently wait for you to explain why you called me a nutter, I will answer your question about God. God isn't scared of anything on his own account, because we puny human beings are nothing compared to him, and he could wipe the whole lot of us out in a second if he wanted to. He knows that we are so feeble minded that we would make idols out of bits of wood and other bits of stuff we find lying around, and bow down to them and worship them, for example, all the bits of old stuff that we call the Mona Lisa and lumps of old stone that some people say is worth millions of pounds, it's all bits of old tat really though. But he loves us, and is patient with us, hoping that we will come to our senses and learn to value what is really worth valuing.
Yes dear and you know all this because god talks to you and only you. Didn't read the rest of your post because it's rather out of touch with reality.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225698 May 6, 2012
Zoompad wrote:
Well, it looks like Svaha is not going to explain why she called me a nutter. I didn't think she would. Never mind, the persecution of the secret family courts has given me shoulders broad enough to shrug off mean stuff like that.
I think the Lord will be coming back soon, I think I will stop posting on this blog now, as its a waste of time arguing with people who are so determined to reject his free gift of eternal life in paradise.
If you are here to convert others to Christianity, which is now what you are indicating is your aim, then why not stay and see if what you are aiming at is a success?

You have a right to be here, just as we all have that right.

I would prefer that those who post here never leave, as there's always something new to learn from others.

I just watched the program "Big Ideas," and learned from the speaker who is a psychiatrist that a woman who had a stroke immediately overcame her problem of anorexia. It seemed to have disappeared from her conscious awareness when the stroke occurred.

I find information such as that very interesting. Did you also find that of interest Zoompad?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225699 May 6, 2012
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes dear and you know all this because god talks to you and only you. Didn't read the rest of your post because it's rather out of touch with reality.
According to you, what IS reality Svaha?

I can honestly say that I have concepts of what the word "reality" means to me, but I can't know what that word means to others. I can only "try" to grasp from my own perception what it means to others.

If Zoompad has emotional problems, do you really think that insulting her is going to improve those problems?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225700 May 6, 2012
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
So June and I "twisted" your own words:-)
The words came from her own posts, and also, we posted many more posts a long while ago that indicated that (at least at that time) she was on a mission to vilify those who were homosexual as pedophiles ... and that was plain in her posts.

As of late Zoompad referred to pedophiles AS pedophiles, and I thanked her for changing her terminology.

People can't do better than their best, and I believe that if she stays and feels welcome here, she can learn from the words of us who care that she is just one of us and is welcome to stay and muddle in the confusion, as I believe is part of all of us.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225701 May 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What you believe, is wrong. Wiccans do not proselytize.
What I believe is from my perception ... not yours.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225702 May 6, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You said Moses was the founder. He wasn't.
Those were not my words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Moses (Heb. Mosheh,“drawn,” i. e. from the water; in the Coptic it means “saved from the water”) the legislator of the Jewish people, and in a certain sense the founder of the Jewish religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

I post from many different authors, and they have different opinions.

I believe all of those mythical characters never existed at all.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225703 May 6, 2012
I doubt that a man named Abraham ever started the one-god dogma, but rather that the ex-Jew Catholics created that title of "Abraham" for the fictitious one that they needed for their new fairy tale.

They hid behind fictitious characters and used those characters to stage a play that had no authentic story behind the play ... but many of the people believed it was real, and that was all that mattered.

And those who didn't believe it was real paid the price of torture and dead for doubting what the Catholics dictated was truth.

That is my perception.

“God loves to heal people”

Since: Nov 07

Stafford, UK

#225704 May 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are here to convert others to Christianity, which is now what you are indicating is your aim, then why not stay and see if what you are aiming at is a success?
You have a right to be here, just as we all have that right.
I would prefer that those who post here never leave, as there's always something new to learn from others.
I just watched the program "Big Ideas," and learned from the speaker who is a psychiatrist that a woman who had a stroke immediately overcame her problem of anorexia. It seemed to have disappeared from her conscious awareness when the stroke occurred.
I find information such as that very interesting. Did you also find that of interest Zoompad?
No June, that silly woman calling me a nutter is too upsetting, I think the best thing is to step away because I don't want to be goaded into saying something that I might regret.

“God loves to heal people”

Since: Nov 07

Stafford, UK

#225705 May 6, 2012
I didnt come here to convert anyone to Christianity, I couldnt do that even if I wanted to, only the Lord can draw people to himself, and they have to want to know him, no-one can be forced to love the Lord. I came here origionally for prayer, and I recieved what I was looking for, so thats good. Wish you well xx
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#225706 May 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were not my words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
Moses (Heb. Mosheh,“drawn,” i. e. from the water; in the Coptic it means “saved from the water”) the legislator of the Jewish people, and in a certain sense the founder of the Jewish religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
I post from many different authors, and they have different opinions.
I believe all of those mythical characters never existed at all.
Even if you don't believe the story, the story doesn't change.

It can't be an opinion. Moses is Moses and has his place in the bible and Abraham has his.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#225707 May 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I doubt that a man named Abraham ever started the one-god dogma, but rather that the ex-Jew Catholics created that title of "Abraham" for the fictitious one that they needed for their new fairy tale.
They hid behind fictitious characters and used those characters to stage a play that had no authentic story behind the play ... but many of the people believed it was real, and that was all that mattered.
And those who didn't believe it was real paid the price of torture and dead for doubting what the Catholics dictated was truth.
That is my perception.
How do you explain his presence in the Torah?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225708 May 6, 2012
Zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>No June, that silly woman calling me a nutter is too upsetting, I think the best thing is to step away because I don't want to be goaded into saying something that I might regret.
Of course it's up to you Zoompad. If you do leave, I wish you well.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225709 May 6, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain his presence in the Torah?
Words are very tricky, and can be changed as a chameleon changes its color. Observe the following.

FISH

Symbol of Christ, seen before the fifth century. The Greek word for fish is ichthus, consisting also of the initial letters of Iesous, CHristos, THeou, Uios, Soter -- Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

And I don't believe that its by chance that the word Krisha was once Chrishna.

People change words to suit their agendas.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225710 May 6, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if you don't believe the story, the story doesn't change.
It can't be an opinion. Moses is Moses and has his place in the bible and Abraham has his.
I agree the "words" are in the so-called holy books, but words are easy to manipulate. And from my perception humans manipulated from the very beginning of all religions. They imagined more and more gods into their supposed realities, and then later wrote the tales down for future generations to accept as unadulterated "truth."

The problem is, they couldn't get their acts together and tell the same stories ... and therein lies the problem. From my perception, the conflicting tales, most all bragging to be truth, means that many lies were told in the guise of truth.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#225711 May 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you like my poem Jumper?
:)
Thanks for the laugh at my expence.

It took awhile,so I made one up.

'cough'......'Like Driftwood,I find the best thing in this life is,not where we have been,but what direction we are moving->'

Eat your heart out Robert Frost!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225712 May 6, 2012
Those in early religions worshipped the sun. It was a quick work of a pen, to change the word "sun" to "son."

I found the following question on this site interesting.

http://blog.genxrising.com/2009/12/hail-son-o...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Do you know why the Charles Wesley words for "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" say "hail the SUN of Righteousness" instead of SON? Just curious based on the title of your post. I think my seminary prof on all thing Methodist had told our class at one time, but I have since forgotten.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225713 May 6, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the laugh at my expence.
It took awhile,so I made one up.
'cough'......'Like Driftwood,I find the best thing in this life is,not where we have been,but what direction we are moving->'
Eat your heart out Robert Frost!
Well you were rude to ignore my efforts to write you a nice clean poem that wasn't full of poop! That hurt my feelings, so I thought I would remind you to respond.

And I can't comment for Robert Frost. Had he read your words he might have been quite "moved" ... but in what direction would be the question.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pamela Geller's Inaugural $10k Muhammad Art Con... 4 min Ravenclaw 229
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 min J RULES 218,378
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min marge 586,638
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 11 min dollarsbill 84,155
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 23 min NoMo 3,237
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 29 min Aristofanis 436,223
News Christianity has moved on, Islam is stuck in 7t... 1 hr Dawn of Reality 4
More from around the web