Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 20 comments on the Oct 30, 2007, Fables of the reconstruction story titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#225654 May 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
<Sigh> Do pay attention, Witless. I'm not SAYING they are both a Christian and a Wiccan. They are called Christian, or Trinitarian Wiccans. They are Wiccans who use Christian figures as their Pantheon of Deities.
By the way, Moron. That commandment was written for the JEWS, not the Christians. You people just borrowed it, and now use it for your OWN Trinity.
Damn, you people are dumb.
Why are they called Christian when they are not? Moron yourself, Christ was a Jew and followed Jewish commandments and we follow Him. This has been explained to you many times. You should catch on soon. Or maybe not. Talk about dumb.

“Dancing Lights”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#225655 May 6, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
June thinks she is being unique in being an atheist and questioning the authority of God.
Who was the first entity to do this really? Well, it was Satan!
June is not unique. She is only following in the footsteps of the one she follows, Satan.
http://www2.oanow.com/news/2012/may/05/evans-...

The French philosopher Blaise Pascal wrote in the 1600s that “Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” He was right then, and he is still right today..

Within the teachings of Jesus is some of the most profound wisdom for the preservation and extension of humanity that we will find anywhere. He offers us a pathway to God and community that truly offers hope for all of us.

When he is invoked in the cause of narrow political partisanship, we crucify him afresh."

and no one makes religion so evil as you and people like you

“God loves to heal people”

Since: Nov 07

Stafford, UK

#225656 May 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already discussed this with you. I believe you came on this thread with your problems to vilify those who are gay. Your support of scripture indicates to you that "god" doesn't like homosexuality (and that's an understatement) as apparently the loving god wants homosexuals stoned to death."
Your words back then that data about homosexuality should not be taught in public schools also indicated to me your homophobia.
You won't receive any agreement from me on these issues.
However, it is your right to keep on posting to your heart's content, as forumss are open to all, and in my opinion, all opinions are welcome.
I came onto this thread looking for someone who would pray for me, as I was being systematically tortured in the secret family courts. I did eventually find someone who prayed for me, and her name was Mary. The Lord heard our prayers and saved me from going to jail, and having my family smashed up. The secret family courts sent 200 PAS accused women to jail in 2005, for "Contempt of Court", which, in the secret family courts, can mean trying to keep perverts away from your own children.

Stafford, UK

#225657 May 6, 2012
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I've often wondered about that commandment. Does that mean that "god" acknowledges that there are other "gods"? Does it mean that "god" is scared that people will go over to those other gods? It certainly would indicate that people who are neither jew nor christian aren't obligated to the abrahamic god. Why can't a person believe in the abrahamic god and be wiccan?
When are you going to explain why you called me a nutter?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#225658 May 6, 2012
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I've often wondered about that commandment. Does that mean that "god" acknowledges that there are other "gods"? Does it mean that "god" is scared that people will go over to those other gods? It certainly would indicate that people who are neither jew nor christian aren't obligated to the abrahamic god. Why can't a person believe in the abrahamic god and be wiccan?
He is acknowledging that people believed in many gods.

Initially God was telling the Israelites that He was the one true God who created them and there are no other gods.

Wiccans have many gods that they believe in and it would be a total conflict for a Christian to believe in more than one God.

If you believe in a One True God you can't also believe in the Wiccan Gods.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#225659 May 6, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are they called Christian when they are not? Moron yourself, Christ was a Jew and followed Jewish commandments and we follow Him. This has been explained to you many times. You should catch on soon. Or maybe not. Talk about dumb.
They are not called Christian. They are called Christian Wiccan, or Trinitarian Wiccan.

Spin it anyway you like, the commandments were not given for Christians. You follow a different religion than Jesus, no matter how much you want to pretend that Judaism is just ChristianityLite. Your Trinity has NO place in Judaism, where it was made VERY clear that ONE God only, not a three-part god, was what the commandment spoke of.

“Dancing Lights”

Location hidden

#225660 May 6, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
"For they search busily among his works, but are distracted by what they see, because the things seen are fair. But again, not even these are pardonable. For if they so far succeeded in their knowledge that they could speculate about the world, how did they not more quickly find its Lord?" (Wis 13:1-9).
7:21 - "It is not everyone who keeps saying to me 'Lord, Lord' who will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but the man who actually does my Heavenly Father's will.

7:22-23 - "In 'that day' many will say to me,'Lord, Lord, didn't we preach in your name, didn't we cast out devils in your name, and do many great things in your name?' Then I shall tell them plainly,'I have never known you. Go away from me, you have worked on the side of evil!'"

“Dancing Lights”

Location hidden

#225661 May 6, 2012
Zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>When are you going to explain why you called me a nutter?
When are you going to stop being a nutter?

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225662 May 6, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How could a Christian be a Wiccan too. That would be impossible unless you were suffering from multiple personalities.
The philosophies of two religions don't fit into my mind as being at all compatible.

But the beliefs of those within the same religions are not at all compatible either, and yet devout believers in the approximate 38,000 different denominations of Christianity claim to all know the truth.

I believe that whether in religion, or not in religion, all we can ever have are individual "concepts" of truth. And concepts are all too human to be accredited with knowing about such issues as whether or not life continues after the cells in physical human and non-human animals die.

Stafford, UK

#225663 May 6, 2012
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite having to patiently wait for you to explain why you called me a nutter, I will answer your question about God. God isn't scared of anything on his own account, because we puny human beings are nothing compared to him, and he could wipe the whole lot of us out in a second if he wanted to. He knows that we are so feeble minded that we would make idols out of bits of wood and other bits of stuff we find lying around, and bow down to them and worship them, for example, all the bits of old stuff that we call the Mona Lisa and lumps of old stone that some people say is worth millions of pounds, it's all bits of old tat really though. But he loves us, and is patient with us, hoping that we will come to our senses and learn to value what is really worth valuing.

“Dancing Lights”

Location hidden

#225664 May 6, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Initially God was telling the Israelites that He was the one true God who created them and there are no other gods.
Wiccans have many gods that they believe in and it would be a total conflict for a Christian to believe in more than one God.
"I Am the Lord thy God. Thou shall not have strange gods besides me"
That isn't what's being said. The statement isn't that these are fake gods, the statement is that the israelites will not believe in those OTHER gods. There's another statement reportedly made by god that he is a jealous god which makes no sense if he's the ONLY god.

“Dancing Lights”

Location hidden

#225665 May 6, 2012
Zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>I came onto this thread looking for someone who would pray for me, as I was being systematically tortured in the secret family courts. I did eventually find someone who prayed for me, and her name was Mary. The Lord heard our prayers and saved me from going to jail, and having my family smashed up. The secret family courts sent 200 PAS accused women to jail in 2005, for "Contempt of Court", which, in the secret family courts, can mean trying to keep perverts away from your own children.
Can't understand why anyone would think your a nutter.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225666 May 6, 2012
Zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>I came onto this thread looking for someone who would pray for me, as I was being systematically tortured in the secret family courts. I did eventually find someone who prayed for me, and her name was Mary. The Lord heard our prayers and saved me from going to jail, and having my family smashed up. The secret family courts sent 200 PAS accused women to jail in 2005, for "Contempt of Court", which, in the secret family courts, can mean trying to keep perverts away from your own children.
Had you wanted others to pray for you, church would have been the place for that activity.

My guess is, wouldn't take all your homophobia to a church as you brought it to this forum or your minister wouldn't have got a word in edgewise.

Stafford, UK

#225667 May 6, 2012
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know damned well that I was put into a psychiatric hospital as a "place of safety" when I was 14 and have had to be hospitalised since then for depression due to the abuse I suffered as a child, I really think you ought to think very carefully before you make any more disgusting remarks like the one you have just made.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225668 May 6, 2012
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www2.oanow.com/news/2012/may/05/evans-...
The French philosopher Blaise Pascal wrote in the 1600s that “Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” He was right then, and he is still right today..
Within the teachings of Jesus is some of the most profound wisdom for the preservation and extension of humanity that we will find anywhere. He offers us a pathway to God and community that truly offers hope for all of us.
When he is invoked in the cause of narrow political partisanship, we crucify him afresh."
and no one makes religion so evil as you and people like you
That's quite the sermon. Do you believe you are Christ-like Svaha?

My guess is, that humans are selfish to the core, and that a man named Jesus never existed.

Stafford, UK

#225669 May 6, 2012
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be the first one to howl and yowl HOMOPHOBE if anyone made an obnoxious remark about gay people, and yet you think it is ok to repeatedly call someone who has had mental heath problems through none of her own fault but purely on account of the fact that she was abused as a child a nutter. You have shown yourself up in your hypocritical true light.

Stafford, UK

#225670 May 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you wanted others to pray for you, church would have been the place for that activity.
My guess is, wouldn't take all your homophobia to a church as you brought it to this forum or your minister wouldn't have got a word in edgewise.
I did go to church but none of the churches where I live want anything to do with the Pindown survivors, and at the time I did not know why but I do now. It is because the church was involved in the abuse, the Father Hudson Society. One vicar even tried to ban me from praying after the service in the little mediation room , because he did not like what I was praying about. I later discovered he was a Jesuit, educated at Maynooth, yet the church he was in charge of was a Protestant church.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225671 May 6, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
All religious dogmas were created by humans, so it was and is, only natural that humans write from different perspectives, and try to pretend the perspectives were/are based on truth.

It's human nature to want to know answers to mysteries. But I suggest that we don't get ahead of ourselves in the idea that we can accurately read the future, as all that occurs is that people make fools of themselves.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225672 May 6, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your lack of logic here is that Jesus Christ IS knowable. He humbled Himself, became man so that we COULD know Him.
I'm about to go on a nature walk with my family where we will be surrounded with the wonderful works and many proofs of the Divine.
AS the blessed St. Paul said, "Since the creation of the world, invisible realities, God's eternal power and divinity, have become visible, recognized through the things he has made. Therefore, You June VanDerMark, are without excuse!"
Ok, so I paraphrased a little there by inserting your name in the passage, but St. Paul's words are speaking directly to you.
I understand that is your perspective on the issue, but if you consider that the world is full of individuals with perspectives that differ from yours, you will understand that you have a concept of truth, which might have nothing in common with truth absolute.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#225673 May 6, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
June thinks she is being unique in being an atheist and questioning the authority of God.
Who was the first entity to do this really? Well, it was Satan!
June is not unique. She is only following in the footsteps of the one she follows, Satan.
Satan was a character devised by those who wrote the new testament. From my perspective, their aim was to frighten people into submission to believe the dogmas within the new religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 7 min Aliroger1 432,742
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min June VanDerMark 584,306
News Thousands Of Religious Leaders Urge The Supreme... 55 min goonsquad 88
News The Consequences of Atheism 56 min JesusWasNOTaJew -... 1,319
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 18,692
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 238,159
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Eric 217,305
More from around the web