Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220078 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#253898 Sep 6, 2013
Wicca is NOT a re-birth of an old religion. It is a NEW religion.

The original form of Wicca was based on homophobia, and from my perspective that is nothing of which to brag.

Terrace, Canada

#253899 Sep 6, 2013
Without Miriam Simos's goddess-theology, she would probably be as poor as (the old saying goes) "a church mouse."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Re:[WiccaForUs] Re: news of Starhawk

Starhawk Goddess bless her is independently wealthy. Thanks to book deals, ect.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WiccaForUs/mess ...

Terrace, Canada

#253900 Sep 6, 2013
I would have no problem with Miriam Simos's wealth ... if she was writing as an author of fiction. But to write as though she KNOWS of the existence of a goddess and other deities is to deceive the public on a grand scale.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

She decided to try her hand at nonfiction, and wrote a book, The Spiral Dance, on Goddess religion, which she finished in 1977 but was unable to publish at first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starhawk
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253901 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You did before I started to study Wicca and the fact that Gerald Gardner was in deed as homophobic as were any of the popes.
You used to call me "friend" back in the days when we were hammering the Christians that were homophobic ... but those days are long gone aren't they Svaha?
By the way how IS your relationship with Starhawk ... who when she takes off her Starhawk garb is simply plain ol' Miriam Simos?
thanks for proving my point June:-)

Prince George, Canada

#253902 Sep 7, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
don't see much difference between them. She gets defensive and offended when I tell her that (the religious right are equally upset with the comparison) so I'm pushing a button or two.
Would being compared to you rather than "them" be a compliment or an insult?

And I suggest those you refer to as the religious "right" simply refer to their selves as "being 'right' on the mark of truth."

Prince George, Canada

#253903 Sep 7, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.

It would be refreshing if you would stop referring to others as "them" as though others are stupid and you are brilliant.

Following Miriam Simos's blather as being a thrill to you, doesn't say much for your ability to see beyond her religious scams.

Prince George, Canada

#253904 Sep 7, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of Thomas Jefferson's insistence that his personal beliefs concerning religion were his own, while at the same time he didn't mind commenting on other people's religious beliefs ... and also had the outright nerve to comment on what HE believed was Jesus' actual sentiments.

You refer to the "religious Christian right" as though they are fanatics ... yet you don't refer to Wicca's blather of bringing down the goddess and claiming to be witches as anything other than normal.

I suggest you are a modern Pagan (in hiding) and not hiding it very well at that!!!

Shall I refer to Pagans as the "Pagan RIGHT" as though THEY are fanatics?

Would THAT be fair according to you?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#253905 Sep 7, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll chalk it up to wishful thinking on Dolan's part. He's wrong. I can say without hesitation that I'm an ex-Catholic, and it was NEVER in my DNA. Also, unfortunately, many people leave their families, or their families leave them. Dolan needs a reality check.
My first thoughts about this man after reading what he said:'what a miserable arrogant(you know what)!'

This Cardinal sounds desperate by using that guilt trip card.

Prince George, Canada

#253906 Sep 7, 2013
This woman is one of my email partners. She was raised Christian, and later joined Wicca. Now she's back into Christianity.

I doubt that either way will guarantee bliss or punishment in an afterlife ... but "pick your favorite religion" seems to be the name of the ongoing religious game.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Been There - tried that - became a Christian afterwards! Seriously - the Wiccan practice I was working on, wasn't all that Unitarian - A person might be a 'lapsed' something or other previous religion, but the wiccan thing was not really compatible with being a Christian AND a Wiccan, or a whatever AND a Wiccan. It is very much its own set of beliefs and practices. Initially the (?) main rule of is something like "Eight words of the Wiccan Rede fulfill 'An it harm none do what ye will' ". If a person follows this truly and completely, you really have to think things through. Something many people are not really into. Also, another basic is the rule of three - What you send out returns to thee - three times three. So send out love, kindness and good things it is returned to you in multiples, same also for the bad, and negative. Sadly "people" are involved so you end up with Bad apples, lying manipulative deceivers, and the usual creation of multiple ways of practice and rules created by the followers of the various groups. Sound familiar?

Prince George, Canada

#253908 Sep 7, 2013
"Harm ye none" ... or similar sentiments has been the haughty claim in all religion ... yet if we are honest, we all intend to harm others.

Insulting others is not based on anything other than the intent to harm.

Humans are nothing of which to brag, as being selfish animals simply is what it is.

To aspire to be other than human is to be silly.

The truth is, there is pleasure to be found in insulting others. It's a devious pleasure ... but still ... it's a form of pleasure.

If that were not so, we would not be on forums where insulting is the name of the game.

Prince George, Canada

#253909 Sep 7, 2013
I always avoid prophesying beforehand, because it is a much better policy to prophesy after the event has already taken place.

Winston Churchill

Prince George, Canada

#253910 Sep 7, 2013
At least the Christian "right" only demand a bible when they go to prison.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Wiccan Inmate Sues Mass. Prison System Over Carrot Cake,'Dragon's Blood'

An inmate is reportedly suing the Massachusetts Department of Corrections for denying him materials he claims are necessary for him to properly express his Wiccan faith.

Daniel LaPlante, who is currently serving a life sentence for the 1987 murder of a Townsend, Mass., mother and her two children, has requested 121 items that he claims will aid him in performing Wiccan rituals.

Among the most interesting of these items include carrot cake, a ritual oil called "Dragon's Blood," various colors of pens, hazelnuts, and Mugwort ritual tea.

LaPlante, who is representing himself as a lawyer, has also requested twelve different types of cakes, one for each month of the year, reportedly saying in court documents that the cake variety is meant to "excite the senses" to avoid a somber worship environment.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/wiccan-inma...

Prince George, Canada

#253911 Sep 7, 2013
How the Wiccan religion can BE misunderstood is a mystery to me ... as Wiccans are encouraged to do their own thinking about what life and all it entails means to the individual.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

It's difficult to be Wiccan or pagan. Not only is our religion misunderstood, those misunderstandings also attract to us more than our fair share of crazy people," Thompson told Boston Magazine.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/wiccan-inma...

Prince George, Canada

#253912 Sep 7, 2013
Human thought is not "up to much."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

I raised the issue of homosexuality. One strain of paganism is Wicca, Gerald Gardner is the man responsible for drawing together many strains of pagan practice in Europe and formulating them into what is known as Gardnarian Wicca. This was done in the 1950's at a time when homosexuality was taboo in wider society. As a result the Gardnarian Wicca was also homophobic in it's belief. Many covens still cling to the homophobic principles of the original Gardnarian Wicca and interpret literally the ideals of male and female union.

http://circleoftheafricanmoon.webs.com/the%20...
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253913 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would being compared to you rather than "them" be a compliment or an insult?
And I suggest those you refer to as the religious "right" simply refer to their selves as "being 'right' on the mark of truth."
thanks yet again for proving my point June
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253914 Sep 7, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the myth that you believe. It is far from historical fact. Unless you are claiming to have witnessed the resurrection personally, it is only what you believe, not what you know.
I never saw Cleopatra either but someone who knew wrote about her as they did Jesus.

Do you only believe that people existed that you have personally seen?
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253915 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
It would be refreshing if you would stop referring to others as "them" as though others are stupid and you are brilliant.
Following Miriam Simos's blather as being a thrill to you, doesn't say much for your ability to see beyond her religious scams.
Why would we want to follow Miriam Simos' blather when we have yours??
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253916 Sep 7, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the existence of manuscripts only proves the existence of manuscripts.
Can't you say that for all of history?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253917 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
To pretend that Christianity was supported by a Jew was and IS a monu-mental lie.
A Jew would NOT support any religion BUT Judaism.
Wake up people ... or not. The onus is on YOU.
Maybe the Jews you know and I would agree with you but Christ was different with a different mission and that mission was to bring word of the love God has for all people, not just Jews.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253918 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"Harm ye none" ... or similar sentiments has been the haughty claim in all religion ... yet if we are honest, we all intend to harm others.
Insulting others is not based on anything other than the intent to harm.
Humans are nothing of which to brag, as being selfish animals simply is what it is.
To aspire to be other than human is to be silly.
The truth is, there is pleasure to be found in insulting others. It's a devious pleasure ... but still ... it's a form of pleasure.
If that were not so, we would not be on forums where insulting is the name of the game.
It is a sad commentary on the type of person who injoys insulting people. It's kind of like bullying from behind a curtain because you know that you would be a simpering pile of mush if you had to face the other person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 min Nina 454,819
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 3 min tongangodz 5,416
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Eagle 12 243,540
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Just Think 596,762
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 12 min Synque 161
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 22 min Shamma 226,008
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 26 min Eagle 12 9,518
More from around the web