Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Read more

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#253812 Sep 4, 2013
The idea that one god talked to people to give them valuable instructions ... such as killing human enemies of the god ... means that to be fair, we must agree that all gods talked to people and gave them the same instructions to kill enemies of their gods.

And I notice that not one person in any religion wants to visit THAT "sight."

Terrace, Canada

#253813 Sep 4, 2013
Even squid love their own, but being non-human animals they can't LIE about the reasons as did and do all theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Why did God create such a difference between Jew and Gentile, so that the Jew is at once recognized, no matter what race he lives among?

Answer — God did not create any essential difference between Jew and Gentile. The difference between Jew and Gentile is a man-made thing entirely. It has arisen from the fact that over the generations the priests, scribes, and rabbis of the Jews have compiled a great mass of racial and religious instruction which the Jewish baby imbibes with its mother's milk. This racial and religious instruction impresses upon each new Jewish child, from the moment it first begins to understand the Hebrew tongue that it has been born into a race that is "different" from the other races of mankind, that it has been born into a "better" race, and that by comparison with the people of the Jewish race, the people of all the other races are likened to mere cattle and animals.

http://www.iamthewitness.com/books/William.Du...

Terrace, Canada

#253814 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, Christianity is to blame for everything wrong in the world or your life. Floods, fire, poverty, avalanches, volcanos, pestilance, disease, aphids and mosquitos.
I think you missed or more than likely "ignored" the part about me stating that theologians in ALL religions are to blame for preaching idiocy ... and followers are to blame for believing the words of the theologians.

Do you GET it NOW ... or will you keep on lying?

Terrace, Canada

#253815 Sep 4, 2013
I don't believe that religion caused floods, fire, avalanches, volcanos, disease, aphids or mosquitos. I believe those are natural occurrences.

I DO believe that religion caused and causes mental and physical poverty.

Observe how one fellow gave millions to this con-artist who in turn broke up his family ... through religion.

Ink

Warminster, PA

#253816 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't believe that religion caused floods, fire, avalanches, volcanos, disease, aphids or mosquitos. I believe those are natural occurrences.
I DO believe that religion caused and causes mental and physical poverty.
Observe how one fellow gave millions to this con-artist who in turn broke up his family ... through religion.
… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ifEACinhrAYXX
I see a lot of religious con artists. I also see a lot of secular con artists. Bad behavior is bad behavior.

Terrace, Canada

#253817 Sep 4, 2013
Notice how this con-artist who took on the title of the REAL Jesus USES the term the "resurrected"- Jesus.

According to theology, Jesus was a Jew right up to his supposed crucifixion.

AGAIN we see a Christian using that theology of "resurrection" to indicate that in spirit form (after his physical death)... Jesus became a staunch supporter of Christianity.

That word "resurrection" concerning saviors in all religions ... is a game that con-artists treasure above all other games ... with of course the exclusion of personal salvation.

Once they die in body, these supposed saviors in all religions are very busy preparing to take only the best to their abodes in hereafters and reward them with eternal bliss ... "when" they come again in physical bodies.

All the theologians preached that dogma. And all the believers still believe the preferential dogmas in ONLY their own cults.

I suggest that all religion is bunk!

Terrace, Canada

#253818 Sep 4, 2013
Theologians that preach of reincarnation have a different story ... but the end result is the same.

If you follow their words they will teach you how to fast-track ahead to become enlightened as is the supposed dalai lama and you will be spared all those yucky incarnations that apply to the "untouchables."

When there is a religious story that sounds too good to be true ... it will be traced back to one or another theologian.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253819 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you missed or more than likely "ignored" the part about me stating that theologians in ALL religions are to blame for preaching idiocy ... and followers are to blame for believing the words of the theologians.
Do you GET it NOW ... or will you keep on lying?
Some of it is. I hate to mention Jesus again since it brings out the worst in but here goes. All that you find abhorent in Christianity was also rampant in Judaism. In fact, like you, He said that the pharisees were hypocrites, making onerous laws for the common man and not themselves living by those rules. Unfortunately the Catholic heirachy was convinced of their own superiority and did the same thing. I think Jesus is deeply disturbed by the way poeple abuse others in His name. And I think there is a price to be paid. I think we are seeing that now. However none of this affects my faith in God and that in His time things will change.

Terrace, Canada

#253820 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I see a lot of religious con artists. I also see a lot of secular con artists. Bad behavior is bad behavior.
Of course there are Atheist con-artists ... but they don't use religion as their cons.

The Catholic religion is your personal con.

You are on this forum trying your best to promote the idea that your Catholicism is on the level when they taught you that to be a Catholic, would result in your salvation.

You simply fail to see that was also the con-game of ALL theologians in all other religions. The Catholics learned that con from the Jews and others liars that came before them.

That con is nothing new.

I'm glad you are here ... by the way.

Terrace, Canada

#253821 Sep 4, 2013
When it pertains to religion, I have complete faith in the words "We do not know."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Was there really an Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob?

Answer — We do not know! We have only tradition and legend to account for them. The Old Testament says such persons existed, but the contents of the Old Testament were passed down by word of mouth through a hundred generations before they became written on scrolls of sheepskin as a permanent literary record.

http://www.iamthewitness.com/books/William.Du...
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253822 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Notice how this con-artist who took on the title of the REAL Jesus USES the term the "resurrected"- Jesus.
According to theology, Jesus was a Jew right up to his supposed crucifixion.
AGAIN we see a Christian using that theology of "resurrection" to indicate that in spirit form (after his physical death)... Jesus became a staunch supporter of Christianity.
That word "resurrection" concerning saviors in all religions ... is a game that con-artists treasure above all other games ... with of course the exclusion of personal salvation.
Once they die in body, these supposed saviors in all religions are very busy preparing to take only the best to their abodes in hereafters and reward them with eternal bliss ... "when" they come again in physical bodies.
All the theologians preached that dogma. And all the believers still believe the preferential dogmas in ONLY their own cults.
I suggest that all religion is bunk!
You also insist that Jesus is a liar. That is as far back as you can go in Christianity. The rest doesn't matter if the source is a liar.

Terrace, Canada

#253823 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to mention Jesus
I suggest you stop LYING.

Your whole aim of being here is to mention Jesus and how you believe he will come again to save you and all other faithful Catholics.

You again ignored how all other ancient theologians taught that their saviors will also come to save their "faithful" followers.

Do you honestly believe that their supposed saviors were false and yours is REAL.

Are you THAT self-centered?

Terrace, Canada

#253824 Sep 4, 2013
The arrogance in religion is appalling!

"Join MY group and we will tell you that bliss will be yours in a hereafter.

All those other humans ... well ... if they don't belong to our group and believe in our religion ... they deserve to be rejected by the creator."

YUCK!!!

Terrace, Canada

#253825 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You also insist that Jesus is a liar.
I don't believe a character named Jesus even lived. I believe the character was made up by Catholic theologians as in a staged play, and that the theologians put words into the character's mouth.

According to some myths, if you keep on lying, your nose is going to grow.

:)
Economist

Grand Island, NY

#253826 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have to admit that a lot of what he is saying is more truthful than that which his detractors are telling their followers.

If the catholics can receive christ into themselves my mouth at mass why can't this dude have similarly bonded with and become christ.

It is all a game of beggar the poor, the thoughtless, the gullible and the uninformed.

Believer beware!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#253827 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
All those other humans ... well ... if they don't belong to our group and believe in our religion ... they deserve to be rejected by the creator."
YUCK!!!
June, I sure agree with you. Like - how can ANYONE claim to know what, if anything at all, occurs to any individual after death? It's 100% speculation, since not one person ever died and came back to tell of any "after death" tales. And the main reason I think it's been made up is because humans are so self-absorbed and convinced that they're so damn important they simply cannot return to nothingness like they were before birth. We refuse to believe we are no more important than a blade of grass.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#253828 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
YUCK!!!
Buddhism is a religion indigenous to the Indian subcontinent that encompasses a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices largely based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, who is commonly known as the Buddha, meaning "the awakened one". The Buddha lived and taught in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent sometime between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE. He is recognized by Buddhists as an awakened or enlightened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end their suffering (dukkha) through the elimination of ignorance (avidy&#257;) by way of understanding and the seeing of dependent origination (prat&#299;tyasamutp&# 257;da) and the elimination of desire (ta&#7751;h&#257;), and thus the attainment of the cessation of all suffering, known as the sublime state of nirv&#257;&#326;a.
Within Buddhism, samsara is defined as the continual repetitive cycle of birth and death that arises from ordinary beings' grasping and fixating on a self and experiences. Specifically, samsara refers to the process of cycling through one rebirth after another within the six realms of existence, where each realm can be understood as physical realm or a psychological state characterized by a particular type of suffering. Samsara arises out of avidya (ignorance) and is characterized by dukkha (suffering, anxiety, dissatisfaction). In the Buddhist view, liberation from samsara is possible by following the Buddhist path.
In Buddhism, Karma (from Sanskrit: "action, work") is the force that drives sa&#7747;s&#257;ra—the cycle of suffering and rebirth for each being. Good, skillful deeds (P&#257;li: "kusala") and bad, unskillful (P&#257;li: "akusala") actions produce "seeds" in the mind that come to fruition either in this life or in a subsequent rebirth. The avoidance of unwholesome actions and the cultivation of positive actions is called &#347;&#299;la (from Sanskrit: "ethical conduct").
Rebirth refers to a process whereby beings go through a succession of lifetimes as one of many possible forms of sentient life, each running from conception to death. Buddhism rejects the concepts of a permanent self or an unchanging, eternal soul, as it is called in Hinduism and Christianity. According to Buddhism there ultimately is no such thing as a self independent from the rest of the universe (the doctrine of anatta). Buddhists also refer to themselves as the believers of the anatta doctrine—Nairatmyavadin or Anattavadin. Rebirth in subsequent existences must be understood as the continuation of a dynamic, ever-changing process of "dependent arising" ("prat&#299;tyasamutp &#257;da") determined by the laws of cause and effect (karma) rather than that of one being, transmigrating or incarnating from one existence to the next.
Buddhist scholars have produced a remarkable quantity of intellectual theories, philosophies and world view concepts (see, for example, Abhidharma, Buddhist philosophy and Reality in Buddhism). Some schools of Buddhism discourage doctrinal study, and some regard it as essential practice.
The concept of liberation (nirv&#257;&#7751;a)—t he goal of the Buddhist path—is closely related to overcoming ignorance (avidy&#257;), a fundamental misunderstanding or mis-perception of the nature of reality. In awakening to the true nature of the self and all phenomena one develops dispassion for the objects of clinging, and is liberated from suffering (dukkha) and the cycle of incessant rebirths (sa&#7747;s&#257;ra). To this end, the Buddha recommended viewing things as characterized by the three marks of existence. The Three Marks of Existence are impermanence, suffering, and not-self.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#253829 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
YUCK!!!
Buddhism is a religion indigenous to the Indian subcontinent that encompasses a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices largely based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, who is commonly known as the Buddha, meaning "the awakened one". The Buddha lived and taught in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent sometime between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE. He is recognized by Buddhists as an awakened or enlightened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end their suffering (dukkha) through the elimination of ignorance by way of understanding and the seeing of dependent origination and the elimination of desire, and thus the attainment of the cessation of all suffering, known as the sublime state of nirvana.
Within Buddhism, samsara is defined as the continual repetitive cycle of birth and death that arises from ordinary beings' grasping and fixating on a self and experiences. Specifically, samsara refers to the process of cycling through one rebirth after another within the six realms of existence, where each realm can be understood as physical realm or a psychological state characterized by a particular type of suffering. Samsara arises out of avidya (ignorance) and is characterized by dukkha (suffering, anxiety, dissatisfaction). In the Buddhist view, liberation from samsara is possible by following the Buddhist path.
In Buddhism, Karma (from Sanskrit: "action, work") is the force that drives the cycle of suffering and rebirth for each being. Good, skillful deeds and bad, unskillful actions produce "seeds" in the mind that come to fruition either in this life or in a subsequent rebirth. The avoidance of unwholesome actions and the cultivation of positive actions is called sila (from Sanskrit: "ethical conduct").
In Buddhism, karma specifically refers to those actions of body, speech or mind that spring from mental intent, and bring about a consequence or fruit, or result.
Rebirth refers to a process whereby beings go through a succession of lifetimes as one of many possible forms of sentient life, each running from conception to death. Buddhism rejects the concepts of a permanent self or an unchanging, eternal soul, as it is called in Hinduism and Christianity. According to Buddhism there ultimately is no such thing as a self independent from the rest of the universe (the doctrine of anatta). Buddhists also refer to themselves as the believers of the anatta doctrine—Nairatmyavadin or Anattavadin. Rebirth in subsequent existences must be understood as the continuation of a dynamic, ever-changing process of "dependent arising" determined by the laws of cause and effect (karma) rather than that of one being, transmigrating or incarnating from one existence to the next.
Buddhist scholars have produced a remarkable quantity of intellectual theories, philosophies and world view concepts. Some schools of Buddhism discourage doctrinal study, and some regard it as essential practice.
The concept of liberation the goal of the Buddhist path—is closely related to overcoming ignorance, a fundamental misunderstanding or mis-perception of the nature of reality. In awakening to the true nature of the self and all phenomena one develops dispassion for the objects of clinging, and is liberated from suffering and the cycle of incessant rebirths. To this end, the Buddha recommended viewing things as characterized by the three marks of existence. The Three Marks of Existence are impermanence, suffering, and not-self.

Quesnel, Canada

#253830 Sep 5, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I sure agree with you. Like - how can ANYONE claim to know what, if anything at all, occurs to any individual after death? It's 100% speculation, since not one person ever died and came back to tell of any "after death" tales. And the main reason I think it's been made up is because humans are so self-absorbed and convinced that they're so damn important they simply cannot return to nothingness like they were before birth. We refuse to believe we are no more important than a blade of grass.
Non-human animals also dream, but I doubt that "for instance" monkeys dream of going to a monkey heaven, where only their type of monkeys will be rewarded with eternal bliss and other types of monkeys will spend eternity in hell.

I suggest that only humans are that arrogant. And why people believe they "should" be rewarded for such arrogance is beyond me.

If I was in charge up there in the sky, those that presume they are at the top of my list would find their selves at the bottom, as I would remind them who really IS in charge of the SHOW!

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#253831 Sep 5, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text> The Three Marks of Existence are impermanence, suffering, and not-self.
Do you not realize that human-selves created all that religious dogmatic drivel because they wanted followers to believe the drivel?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min DaniEl 422,028
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Patrick n Angela 236,736
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 6 min St Rick Saintpornum 1,552
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Dogen 17,898
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 578,688
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 9 min polymath257 6,255
Did The Pope Perform a Miracle in Naples? 13 min FDG 268
More from around the web