Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
216,321 - 216,340 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 22

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

From the book “Morgentaler … The doctor who couldn’t turn away … by Eleanor Wright Pelrine, Published 1975 … comes the following ………

Religion was deeply entrenched in Montreal then, and the Quebec educational system was still dominated by the Roman Catholic Church. Nevertheless, young Dr. Morgentaler Mustered the courage to speak out for separation of church and state, risking retaliation

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"And you look down your nose at the ones that don't, and could care less is they die from botched abortions."
Now you are down-right lying.
NO I'm not! You want to make abortion illegal, and that would kill many women who otherwise would survive.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hospice is quite different than a suicide clinic. Hospice is for when the dying process is already happening and there is no reasonable hope of recovery, a suicide clinic would allow you to kill yourself at any time and for any reason.
Don't be so stupid. There would be treatment available and safeguards put into place.

AT any rate those who want to commit suicide don't need permission. Even when the law was against suicide, members of clergy who were committing suicide were paying no attention to the religious law-makers.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

"Religious prejudice" ... indeed!

If "god" says it's immoral, WE, his HOLY servants, will make it "illegal."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Morgentaler … The doctor who couldn’t turn away … by Eleanor Wright Pelrine, Published 1975 … comes the following ………

He viewed the government’s failure to deal adequately with the problems of contraception and abortion as the result of “religious prejudice”.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hospice is quite different than a suicide clinic. Hospice is for when the dying process is already happening and there is no reasonable hope of recovery, a suicide clinic would allow you to kill yourself at any time and for any reason.
We already have such a place. It's called "Home", and it's free. Why would a clinic be needed? This idiocy of yours has gotten old. You ask, people answer, you ignore only to ask again later. It's ridiculous, and just makes you look foolish.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Then the National Abortion Federation should be better regulated"
"And clinics should be inspected more often, to assure that they are following the regulations already in place."
I agree.
"not abortion itself"
As long as abortion is legal, abortion providers should have to follow the laws that are in place. And just like any other provider, if the law changes, they should be required to comply.
"Abortion provides politicians with political fodder"
Yup, on both sides of the issue.
Most clinics do follow the regulations and laws which are in place. I believe there are already too many regulations on the procedure, which are not conducive to 'safer' abortions, but are solely designed to make it more difficult to obtain one - and that no other medical procedure is subject to so many deterrents, solely, on the basis of the objections of people who don't approve of it. I think that is ridiculous.

And I noticed that you chose not to comment on my assertion that I'd have voted to oust the Governor.. Why?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

He then took it upon himself to try to save the lives of the women.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

A worried Henry Morgentaler tried to refer those unhappy women to another doctor, one who would perform abortions. But when the only two physicians performing abortions disappeared, he had to answer to his own conscience

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously been contemplating the criteria for a 'suicide clinic' longer and more thoroughly than I have...

What's up with that??

Hospice is the patient's choice. So is abortion. A fetus is only a 'patient' if the potential mother allows it to be.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Most clinics do follow the regulations and laws which are in place. I believe there are already too many regulations on the procedure, which are not conducive to 'safer' abortions, but are solely designed to make it more difficult to obtain one - and that no other medical procedure is subject to so many deterrents, solely, on the basis of the objections of people who don't approve of it. I think that is ridiculous.
What worries me is the young women who from fear and inexperience wait too long to have an abortion in a clinic, and will, out of despair try something foolish to rid themselves of their fetuses.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.

Teenagers are less likely than women in their twenties to obtain abortions at the safer earlier weeks of gestation. The younger the teenager, the more likely she is to delay abortion to the later, more dangerous weeks of pregnancy.

Alan Guttmacher Institute.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following …………….

Linda says,“Someday soon, I hear they’re going to have a pill for men.

Rosalind says,“They’ve been saying that for years.”

Barbara says,“You know what? It’ll still be up to us women to make sure they take it, if and when that day ever comes.”

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

If I were young, I would never trust a man to take a pill that would assure that I wouldn't get pregnant.

And if I were a man, I would never trust a women to take the pill, just because she said she would.

I know many cases where women trapped men, and men trapped women with that one issue of ... pregnancy.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Furthermore, if there were clinics, it would draw people considering suicide to discuss options, and just maybe they would choose to stay alive and give life another try."
Take out the word suicide and insert abortion and you will know why I do what I do.
I missed this one.

Staff at abortion clinics DO give women all the options before the women decide what choice seems the most appropriate at the time for them.

Women don't go into abortion clinics with a gun at their heads. They go because abortion is already on their minds. If that were not so, they would not even go near a clinic where they know abortions occur.

And there's not a darn thing you can do about it, other than try to make abortion illegal, which will kill more women than ever and not save even ONE fetus to make you PROUD of your agenda.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

“I was stuck, in the sense that there was no one to whom I could send these women. I had to live with myself. Here I was refusing on the grounds that abortion was against the law, and yet I knew I was a coward. I had declared that restrictive abortion law is cruel and immoral, because it exposes women to danger—and I saw them drift off, some to end up as hospital emergency cases, and come back with silent reproaches….

“I was advocating abortion on request, agreeing with the right of women to safe, medical abortion, yet refusing to do it. My reason was obvious and understandable. Abortion was against the law. I could lose my licence and my practice in medicine, which I had built up with a great deal of sacrifice and hard work. I could lose my reputation, my source of income for my family and myself. I could go to jail for five to ten years, even for life. To perform abortion at that time was risking everything I had achieved over the years. I tried to send women elsewhere for help, but the sources were drying up.

“Finally I decided my medical conscience must come first, the law must be confronted.”

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Women owe a great deal of thanks to Dr. Morgentaler.

He was a man who cared about whether women lived through their abortions, and he was a man who confronted something ugly and did it in spite of it being ugly in order to save the lives of the women.

Even when I was still under the spell of religion and believed that abortion was offensive to a god, I had a great deal of respect for Dr. Morgentaler.

He did the best he could to make life literally "livable" (pun intended) for women who were desperate to have abortions.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following …………….

Sometimes we see them come back and back again,” Dianne, the social worker in the front office, told me.“It makes me so sad, so mad. Their husbands and boyfriends set all the terms when it comes to sex—no abortions, no birth control sometimes, and definitely no saying no—and this is the only way they can assert their own power.”

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.

In Israel abortion has been officially banned as well. However, like a number of European countries, Israel developed something you Americans don’t condone here—a kind of double-faced attitude. You see, although abortion was officially banned in Israel, in fact it was widely available. Easily available. Almost anyone could obtain one.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO I'm not! You want to make abortion illegal, and that would kill many women who otherwise would survive.
Should we make all killing legal so that the one who does the killing doesn't die? How about all drug laws? Killers and drugies are going to do it anyway, right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so stupid. There would be treatment available and safeguards put into place.
AT any rate those who want to commit suicide don't need permission. Even when the law was against suicide, members of clergy who were committing suicide were paying no attention to the religious law-makers.
This doesn't make sense in response to my post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Most clinics do follow the regulations and laws which are in place. I believe there are already too many regulations on the procedure, which are not conducive to 'safer' abortions, but are solely designed to make it more difficult to obtain one - and that no other medical procedure is subject to so many deterrents, solely, on the basis of the objections of people who don't approve of it. I think that is ridiculous.
And I noticed that you chose not to comment on my assertion that I'd have voted to oust the Governor.. Why?
"Most clinics do follow the regulations and laws which are in place."

I can only hope that you are right.

"I believe there are already too many regulations on the procedure, which are not conducive to 'safer' abortions, but are solely designed to make it more difficult to obtain one - and that no other medical procedure is subject to so many deterrents, solely, on the basis of the objections of people who don't approve of it. I think that is ridiculous."

I agree.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Most clinics do follow the regulations and laws which are in place."
I can only hope that you are right.
"I believe there are already too many regulations on the procedure, which are not conducive to 'safer' abortions, but are solely designed to make it more difficult to obtain one - and that no other medical procedure is subject to so many deterrents, solely, on the basis of the objections of people who don't approve of it. I think that is ridiculous."
I agree.
I'm amazed.

And speechless, for a change.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Religion Forum right now

Search the Religion Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min Khaled 356,898
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 7 min JOEL 199,981
The most difficult verse in the Bible (Oct '13) 7 min True Christian witness 139
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Behind Enemy Lines 533,026
Coping when we don't get our hearts desire 26 min True Christian witness 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min Eric 68,398
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 40 min pearl 8,508
•••
•••