Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220349 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

IRYW

Malvern, PA

#252170 Apr 27, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<.
I've been sitting there wondering if we have a soul or life force or whatever you call it,if it stays asleep with the body or travels to the other side to see friends and loved ones.
No. Glad to help.:-)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#252171 Apr 27, 2013
iryw wrote:
<quoted text>
Stands for "I'm right, you're wrong". It is a tongue in cheek slap at all the fundamentalist posters who cannot hear any perspective but their own.
Does that make me psychic? LOL.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#252172 Apr 27, 2013
You guys sure arn't the comforting sort.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#252173 Apr 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make me psychic? LOL.
Not sure. Let me check my balls, Crystal..........

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#252174 Apr 28, 2013
I was often accused of "hogging" this thread.

It seems that there is lots of room now for those who wish to post.

How about it Jumper?

It's a great chance to ply your sermons of wisdom on others.

I'll drop in again ... maybe ... if I don't die first.

:)
Economist

Grand Island, NY

#252175 Apr 28, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I have been at the hospital with a close friend.
She's in a medical coma and on a vent.
I've been sitting there wondering if we have a soul or life force or whatever you call it,if it stays asleep with the body or travels to the other side to see friends and loved ones.
Here is the answer for which you are looking.

"You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy gets created in the universe, and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration, every Btu of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell your weeping father that amid energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.

And at one point you'd hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell him that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off like children, their ways forever changed by you. And as your widow rocks in the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let her know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are her eyes, that those photons created within her constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.

And the physicist will remind the congregation of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue the heat of our own lives.

And you'll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they'll be comforted to know your energy's still around. According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone; you're just less orderly. Amen.

-Aaron Freeman"

Prince George, Canada

#252178 Apr 28, 2013
In pre-Hippocratic times, people thought that epilepsy was sent by the gods in retribution for some imagined slight. They believed that the Olympians controlled all aspects of human existence, not excluding health and disease. Epilepsy, as broadly defined, was called the sacred disease, and the afflicted sought treatment in the temples rather than the physician's shop. The standard treatment in 400 BCE was purification and incantation.

http://journals.lww.com/neurotodayonline/Full...

Prince George, Canada

#252179 Apr 28, 2013
To believe that the gods were perfect resulted in belief that humans were imperfect, or worse ... evil.

If the roles were "slightly" reversed, the gods would be imperfect and humans would be ... simply human.

Prince George, Canada

#252180 Apr 28, 2013
In some of the ancient religions the believers could legally fire their gods.

But in our modern era, when believers become "disillusioned" with one deity, they simply abandon that deity and travel to the station of another deity to give it all the praise the believer deems that the deity deserves.

These modern believers for one reason or another don't want to fire the gods.

Oh well, maybe they just don't care, or maybe they are afraid that the god will fire them.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#252181 Apr 29, 2013
My conscience would never allow me to believe that a deity would favor me and punish others.

For that I am thankful.

“Never look back unless”

you're in a rough neighborhood

#252182 Apr 29, 2013
June, I don't think you need worry about favoritsm.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252183 Apr 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's a good guess. I looked at it for a while, and the only thing I could come up with was "I'm Right, You're Wrong", lol.
Of course you ARE right, and I am wrong... so your guess was better.

;)

“=”

Appleton WI

#252184 Apr 29, 2013
iryw wrote:
<quoted text>
Stands for "I'm right, you're wrong". It is a tongue in cheek slap at all the fundamentalist posters who cannot hear any perspective but their own.
Thanks. I see Bitner guessed it right, and mine was way off, lol.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252185 Apr 29, 2013
Junket wrote:
June, I don't think you need worry about favoritsm.
Hey Age... Careful now... you're verging on "bullying" poor June. You know how sensitive she can be. ;)

“Never look back unless”

#252186 Apr 29, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Age... Careful now... you're verging on "bullying" poor June. You know how sensitive she can be. ;)
Thomas! I've had years to watch June in action. She's happy being contrary. There was one poster recently (I still read), who praised her and June replied tersely. The OP was not swayed and determined to stay the course. I've not seen her (or him) in months. Hmmm.

June's a hoot. No moss grows on her. If you tell her she's wonderful, she'll reply - looking for a ticket to heaven? If you tell her she's possibly nutso - she'll answer - why, because I don't get on my knees and pray to your God.

No offense intended, June (perhaps a little), but you are a classic situation of a no-win debate. Please don't pick this post apart, because I've no interest in sparring. I know I would lose.

Best regards, Tre and June! J

Fraser Lake, Canada

#252187 Apr 29, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas! I've had years to watch June in action. She's happy being contrary. There was one poster recently (I still read), who praised her and June replied tersely. The OP was not swayed and determined to stay the course. I've not seen her (or him) in months. Hmmm.
June's a hoot. No moss grows on her. If you tell her she's wonderful, she'll reply - looking for a ticket to heaven? If you tell her she's possibly nutso - she'll answer - why, because I don't get on my knees and pray to your God.
No offense intended, June (perhaps a little), but you are a classic situation of a no-win debate. Please don't pick this post apart, because I've no interest in sparring. I know I would lose.
Nice of you to pop in Aged.

Add contrary to the list of all I am such as whiner, mentally ill, batshit crazy, radical, fanatic, liar, etc.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#252188 Apr 29, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas! I've had years to watch June in action. She's happy being contrary.
Is this your character Aged?

Opposite Word of contrary:

"accommodating, agreeing, alike, concordant, correspondent, harmonious, homogeneous, like, obliging, similar"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp

“=”

Appleton WI

#252190 May 1, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people can take playing "devil's advocate" a bit too far. Sort of reminds me of republicans in congress... they'll vote against their own proposals if Obama/dems agree to them.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252191 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My conscience would never allow me to believe that a deity would favor me and punish others.
For that I am thankful.
Do you believe in a country that puts some people in prison and not others?

“Never look back unless”

#252192 May 1, 2013
Greetings June, Thomas and Ink,

June, fair enough assessment. There's a diplomatic way to disagree without being combative or worse presumptive.

Bite off your nose to spite your face, Tre? Sure, see it in action often. The results are never truly satisfying.

Ink, our justice system is far from perfect, because people are not perfect. As far as I know, our system at least tries to be fair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min karl44 603,452
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 7 min danetoo 462,430
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 20 min Khalid Saifullah ... 230,755
News No, ISIS doesn't represent Islam 26 min Ex muslim 7
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 27 min -Stray Dog 47,831
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min dollarsbill 247,512
News UK government urged to show 'basic humanity' ov... 41 min Ex muslim 8
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr thetruth 12,790
More from around the web