Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
212,541 - 212,560 of 219,424 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 7

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

A pope that doubled as a soldier. He was one among many who fought a HOLY war under "orders" of a supposed god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

Has a pope ever been assassinated?

Pope John was assassinated in his sleep when an unknown assailant beat him to death with a hammer nine days before Christmas in December 882. As was the necessity for anyone who ruled a city or state in central Italy, Pope John—a soldier by profession—built up his own navy, and in April 876 personally led his naval squadron against Saracen ships, freeing more than 600 captives.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

In the series 'The Incredible Hulk'

He busted through a wall and scared a bunch of nuns out of their habits.
For what it's worth.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

It seems that "god" loved popes that were soldiers and killed others for a living ... but the same god hated homosexuals simply for being homosexual.

The imaginary "god"
Is in DEED very ODD!!!

:)

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

What does the Vatican Historical Museum contain?

Inside the Vatican Historical Museum, built at the behest of Pope Paul VI, are reminders of the papacy’s military history. Glass showcases display uniforms of the Papal Artillerymen, the Papal Zouaves, the old Noble Guard, the Guard of Honor, and the Gendarmes. There are also a number of battle momentos from Porta Pia, Mentana, and Castelfidaro, where the pope’s army prepared for its last fight. The arsenal of weapons runs a full range from Renaissance cannons and Venetian sabers to 78 Remington muskets. The Papal Navy is commemorated by flags and a model of the Corvette, which carried the name Immaculate Conception.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
In the series 'The Incredible Hulk'
He busted through a wall and scared a bunch of nuns out of their habits.
For what it's worth.
Thanks for the information, and I suggest you keep in mind that such habits are hard to break.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

I just watched a program on television where if you so desire you can sit and through glass watch your loved-one be cremated.

Oh the "joy" of it all!

Wherever there is a demand ... there is a supply.

http://www.discussanything.com/forums/archive...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I just watched a program on television where if you so desire you can sit and through glass watch your loved-one be cremated.
Oh the "joy" of it all!
Wherever there is a demand ... there is a supply.
http://www.discussanything.com/forums/archive...
I'll watch BRAVO instead :)

Desperate Housewives of the Roman Catholic Forum

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll watch BRAVO instead :)
Desperate Housewives of the Roman Catholic Forum

My guess is that people of (for instance) India, where the custom of burning bodies out in the open is acceptable, would be some to whom watching the bodies burn in crematoriums would have appeal.

It wouldn't be suited to my taste, but that is only because I never grew up in that culture.

And maybe there are others to which the process also appeals.

To each his/her own.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

This is some interesting history for those who hope (as occurred to others) that they will not be buried alive.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>

Just dying to get out

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/buried...
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
It seems that "god" loved popes that were soldiers and killed others for a living ... but the same god hated homosexuals simply for being homosexual.
The imaginary "god"
Is in DEED very ODD!!!
How do you know who God hates or even if He hates anyone? I think you are not very truthful.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know who God hates or even if He hates anyone? I think you are not very truthful.
If Catholics believed that "god" didn't hate homosexuals ... what reason do you think they used for killing homosexuals just for being homosexuals and nothing more?

I'm sure you'll come up with one or another excuse.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

AD

342: Christian Emperors Constans and Contantinus create a law against samesex marriages.

390: homosexuality is declared a crime in several Christian empires&#894; those found guilty are sentenced to be burnt alive in public.

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/cbarre/global%20...

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And do you agree that popes should have been soldiers that killed others in the guise of serving a god???

Has a pope ever been assassinated?

Pope John was assassinated in his sleep when an unknown assailant beat him to death with a hammer nine days before Christmas in December 882. As was the necessity for anyone who ruled a city or state in central Italy, Pope John—a soldier by profession—built up his own navy, and in April 876 personally led his naval squadron against Saracen ships, freeing more than 600 captives.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

It's amazing how Ink ignores what's right in front of her nose, and makes excuses all the while to try to protect the image of her Catholic heritage that she would like to believe was (from the get-go) based on truth.

There's nothing quite like the desire to protect the religious cults that brings out the worst in humans.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
It's amazing how Ink ignores what's right in front of her nose, and makes excuses all the while to try to protect the image of her Catholic heritage that she would like to believe was (from the get-go) based on truth.
There's nothing quite like the desire to protect the religious cults that brings out the worst in humans.
It's amazing that you never answer a question.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

In order to suit their own nasty dispositions, men diddled the words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The word “homosexual” did not enter the English language until the 19th century. Please note how men added that word to the later editions of the bibles.
>>>>>>>

1 Corinthians 6:9

Douay-Rheims Bible
Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,

1 Corinthians 6:9

World English Bible
Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/6-9.htm

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered it, but you didn't like the answer.

If your supposed god loved homosexuals, yet Catholics (by using the same bible as you use) put homosexuals to death ... either the Catholics were wrong or the supposed god really does hate homosexuals.

You can't have it both ways and claim that your god loves every body ... you fool!!!

Hell implies that the all-powerful god of Christian imagination hates rejects. He wouldn't send anyone to hell if he loved them unconditionally.

Your dogmatic idiocy is plain ... even though you don't want to see it.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you answer this question.

Do you agree that popes should have been soldiers that killed others in the guise of serving a god???

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

From the book “Twisted Scriptures,” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar, published in 1997.

Driving Yourself Nuts

Under hypnosis, you can be convinced that a bee is on your nose. You can see it and feel it, even though it isn’t really there. This deception can be so powerful that, if you are told that the bee has stung, a reddening swelling may appear and you will feel pain. Similarly, if someone convinces you that God will give you a command for everything you do in life, even to the tiniest detail, you will imagine that you hear commands from God. That doesn’t mean that God is really directing you. It only means that your mind imagines it to be true.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

It's amazing that I have answers but June has no questions.

kind of like "HEy you got your chocolate in my penut butter!

"And you got your penut butter in my chocolate!"
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered it, but you didn't like the answer.
If your supposed god loved homosexuals, yet Catholics (by using the same bible as you use) put homosexuals to death ... either the Catholics were wrong or the supposed god really does hate homosexuals.
You can't have it both ways and claim that your god loves every body ... you fool!!!
Hell implies that the all-powerful god of Christian imagination hates rejects. He wouldn't send anyone to hell if he loved them unconditionally.
Your dogmatic idiocy is plain ... even though you don't want to see it.
People are often wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••