Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220263 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#248065 Feb 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever wrote this sounds like an idiot. How could one elevate MAN above HUMANITY?
Just as you value humans above other animals ... you place yourself above humanity in the idea that your goddess is real and that you are her equivalent.

Prince George, Canada

#248066 Feb 12, 2013
Gerald Gardner also believed he knew the goddess and also knew that the goddess cursed homosexuals.

Those in religion have a lot of fun putting themselves on such pedestals.

They can explain almost anything ... to their own satisfaction.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#248067 Feb 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Gerald Gardner also believed he knew the goddess and also knew that the goddess cursed homosexuals.
Those in religion have a lot of fun putting themselves on such pedestals.
They can explain almost anything ... to their own satisfaction.
I can pretty much settle for what I think is true if it don't rock the boat.

Prince George, Canada

#248068 Feb 12, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I can pretty much settle for what I think is true if it don't rock the boat.
I rocked my own boat and found out to my satisfaction that theologians screwed around with my mind big-time. I won't allow them that "privilege" any more ... and from my perspective, neither should homosexuals and other minorities that have been all too long bullied by religious nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#248069 Feb 12, 2013
From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following

My intention, by writing the following, is not to degrade, but rather to educate. My wish is to give better understand of the difficult dilemmas which priests had to endure, and possibly why many became bankrupt concerning their self-image of goodness.

Prince George, Canada

#248070 Feb 12, 2013
better understanding ... my error

Prince George, Canada

#248071 Feb 12, 2013
From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following.

The young men here cloistered, are, for three or four, often five years shut out from intercourse, without any liberty, liable to the hardest discipline; above all, to the fatal influence of their superiors, whose continual instructions cramp their genius and degrade their mind. From morning till night they speak of the necessity of mortifying the flesh, of taming the body, of destroying the “old Adam,” the “old man.”

Prince George, Canada

#248072 Feb 12, 2013
I wonder if they will ever own up to the possibility that the ridiculous teachings of the religion itself is responsible for driving members of clergy to commit suicide?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Fargo Diocese Reeling Over Priest's Apparent Suicide

“I imagine the church family is similar to our other families in that we mourn the loss of a brother, and we try to understand … the things we can do to help people who are struggling to get the help they need and to provide them with hope,” Goering said.“And then we entrust them to the mercy of God, because we know the Father in heaven wants each of His sons and daughters saved and healthy more than we can possibly imagine.”

http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/12396/pu...

Prince George, Canada

#248073 Feb 12, 2013
Most religion teaches that the worst part of humans is on earth and the best holy spiritual side is in a euphoric paradise with deity or deities.

What a horrible way to believe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

I'm Muslim but I want to commit suicide. Will I for sure go to hell?

I hate myself. If I hate myself who can love me or even remotely give a ****. I just want to end it all. If there's any chance of me not burning with shatan I'd like to know. If it's hopeless I guess I deserve it.

Everynight I pray that I have fulfilled my duty and that tomorrow will never come. When I awake I pray for an opportunity to take a bullet for a father or mother or any situation where I swap my life for another whether the other life is "good" or not cause either way it's worth way more than my own.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Prince George, Canada

#248074 Feb 12, 2013
From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following.

Fasting, bad food, mortifications, long meditations in the morning, at noon, and evening; confessions of sins every week, and much oftener; habit of slavish submission to the ludicrous practices; the study of a ridiculous theology; the idea which those ignorant young men receive of God, of his severity, or rather cruelty, of the duties of a priest, of his eternal chastity, the hardness of discipline; all that, and many other practices which I loath to recall, is so well mixed, directed, managed, that the pupils become stupid, fanatic, slavish, and quite like clay in the hands of the potter. All the tenets of the Romish religion then enters their minds at full sail,“en masse;” and how long a time is necessary to get rid of them, how many fights in the soul, and how few have the courage of discharging this awful task!

Prince George, Canada

#248075 Feb 12, 2013
At one time there was another Mary (a professed school-teacher) on this thread of the forum. When I went away for a short time, Mary offered to post from the book about the priest. We took the information from the internet and were reported and warned to stop quoting from the information. Franck reported us.

Mary had been raised Catholic but had through asking questions and assessing the issues from her own points of view, turned against the religion.

Then one day Mary went back to Catholicism and turned against those of us that posted anything that could defame the religion. She joined ranks with the staunch defenders of Catholicism, Franck, Bob and Cruzader, etc.

She later apologized to me, and left the forum. I wish her well.

It's not easy to leave a cult. It's very difficult for many, as the teachings have been so rooted in the psyche they become the only "reality" perceived as being of value.

Prince George, Canada

#248076 Feb 12, 2013
Franck wrote:
<quoted text>
June, just as you have told Christians in here you won't read their links or articles, I be damned if I am wasting my time reading your anti-Catholic BS
written by revisionist historians and haters of the Church.
I'll report you again for not providing a link and if you start posting whole books up here again. You are required by the rules of Topix to do this.
Unless you comply, I can only assume that you are in fact a Topix employ yourself or Topix just doesn't give a crap about their own rules.
The Library of Congress has laws against people like you. Maybe they would be more interested in your law breaking habits.
My response to Franck

It's VERY interesting that when I posted the scoop on Luther from the History of Christianity, you did not comment ... but now because I have used historical data to dispute your claim that the Catholic church has had the same teachings for 2000 years, you are threatening to (once again) report me.

I have never reported any one who posted on Topix, and don't intend to either.

Thank you for at least admitting that you were the one that reported me.

From now on, I will just put in my own words what I think it states in the book.

Why is it, that you feel free to use the words of the bible against gays and others you think are sinners, but you report me for taking quotes out of other books?

I guess you learned well from your Catholic history, how to silence those who disagree!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#248077 Feb 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be following this thread in a very close way to hone in on what irritates you.
I already realize that you believe you are more special than the other beasts on the planet ... as you divulged the idea that non-human animals don't have to reincarnate as do humans. They simply go back to the source ... whatever the "source" might be in your thought of the day.
Wrong on all counts.

I haven't been here for weeks, maybe even a month. Just peeked in today.

I do not think animals are less special than I, or any other form of life. I've said so many times.

The source is the Divine Source that all life goes back to. And I've explained to you many times that the Spirits of animals don't have to reincarnate because they don't need to. Which any intelligent person would understand not HAVING to reincarnate proves that they are not less than I am.

You ignore the facts, which you've been told many times, and just continue to lie.

Same shit, different day from you. You couldn't be honest if your life depended on it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#248078 Feb 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you value humans above other animals ... you place yourself above humanity in the idea that your goddess is real and that you are her equivalent.
Complete nonsense, and that's not what the quote said anyway.

You just cannot stop lying, can you?

I don't value humans above any life.

And I don't place myself above any life.

And I don't believe I'm the equivalent of the Goddess.

You lie. And you know you lie.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#248079 Feb 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My response to Franck
It's VERY interesting that when I posted the scoop on Luther from the History of Christianity, you did not comment ... but now because I have used historical data to dispute your claim that the Catholic church has had the same teachings for 2000 years, you are threatening to (once again) report me.
I have never reported any one who posted on Topix, and don't intend to either.
Thank you for at least admitting that you were the one that reported me.
From now on, I will just put in my own words what I think it states in the book.
Why is it, that you feel free to use the words of the bible against gays and others you think are sinners, but you report me for taking quotes out of other books?
I guess you learned well from your Catholic history, how to silence those who disagree!
So, Franck reported you. Isn't that interesting.

I don't suppose you have enough class to apologize for calling me a liar, time and time again, when I said it wasn't me, do you?

I won't hold my breath.

Prince George, Canada

#248081 Feb 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Franck reported you. Isn't that interesting.
I don't suppose you have enough class to apologize for calling me a liar, time and time again, when I said it wasn't me, do you?
I won't hold my breath.
You reported me, or suggested that I be reported just a short while back for the book Mary Johnson wrote about Mother Teresa's organization by the title of An Unquenchable thirst.

When Franck reported several years ago, it was for posting from the book about the Catholic priest, and that was before I started studying Wicca, and you and I were getting along just fine back then.

Prince George, Canada

#248082 Feb 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on all counts.
I haven't been here for weeks, maybe even a month. Just peeked in today.
Yeah RIGHT ... and pigs fly too!

Prince George, Canada

#248083 Feb 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think animals are less special than I, or any other form of life. I've said so many times.
The source is the Divine Source that all life goes back to. And I've explained to you many times that the Spirits of animals don't have to reincarnate because they don't need to.
You believe that non-human animals don't have the ability to bring down the goddess from the moon, as do you.

You reincarnate because as a human your brain learns things that other animals are too dumb to learn.

You believe you are by far superior to other animals.

Prince George, Canada

#248084 Feb 12, 2013
From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following………….

When the time of ordination has come, which is always after days of severe fasting, long sermons, &c., the confessors reiterate their endeavors and use of their authority, to get us into their professions; and with their thousand means of influence, they turn at their will our weakened and darkened minds.

Prince George, Canada

#248085 Feb 12, 2013
I couldn't remember "why" Mary apologized to me shortly before she left the forum, so I studied the issue to put my mind at ease. It went as follows.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

mpgstl wrote:

Jesus said there is no Hell, no sin, God did not create this insane world it no more than an illusion. The way ack to Heaven is thru forgiveness. God,Your reward for loving God, your brother and yourself is Peace. There is no one way to Heaven. There are thousands of Pathways. The Holy

Mary’s comment on the above…………………

I didn't write this post, June. It came from my computer, yes. But a friend of mine posted it this morning while I wasn't looking. They were playing a joke on me and on the thread.

Post #103195

Page #4915

mpgstl wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for this post. Although it came from my computer and "address" I did not post this. One of my Catholic friends came by this morning to pick me up. They know about this thread as I keep them in stitches bringing them up-to-date on the soap opera here. So while I was getting ready and still had my computer on, I guess they decided to have a little fun with everyone (and me!) and post the above.
Gee. I can't wait to see the responses (if any to THIS one!)
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 600,182
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 4 min Thinking 228,496
News Jehovah's Witnesses satiate hunger 5 min Jace 11
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min AbbiJZombie 458,596
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Aura Mytha 245,209
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min Paul Porter1 20,734
News The financial secrets of the Amish (May '14) 39 min Vaccine Nightinga... 4
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 7 hr Termiraider 6,740
More from around the web