Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219900 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#244113 Dec 14, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexality is a choice, but I'm sure its a choice no normal person wants to ever make.
Homosexuality is no more a choice than is heterosexuality. Who we are sexually attracted to is a chemical reaction in the brain, not a conscious decision.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244114 Dec 14, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were matyra wannabes, then we would see ourselves in a position of defenselessness, which we don't.
I wasn't talking to you, Moron. Learn to read.

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#244115 Dec 14, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are found in nature? Not as I know of.
Live Science

"Homosexuality has been observed in more than 1,500 species, and the phenomenon has been well described for 500 of them," said Petter Bockman, project coordinator of the exhibition.

http://www.livescience.com/1125-homosexual-an...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244116 Dec 14, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are found in nature? Not as I know of. And more childrenEspecially boys, due to their insecurities being on average worse than girls, but I'm sure your feminist doctrine prohibits you from believing that, choose to be gay, out of confusion of themselves(They don't know themselves at that age, shows gays aren't real men, always picking on the weak!). I'll give you some examples if you like.
Yes, found in nature. There are many species that engage in homosexuality. I believe the figure is over 600 different species.

No one chooses to be homosexual, just like no one chooses to be heterosexual.

The most you can honestly say is that who we have sex WITH, is a choice. But who we are sexually attracted TO, is not.

Surrey, Canada

#244117 Dec 14, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexality is a choice,
I'm heterosexual, so I sure won't make the choice to be homosexual.

Homosexuality is not in my genes.

Surrey, Canada

#244118 Dec 14, 2012
Jumper wrote:
I don't know,,,June might look pretty good after awhile if we was snowed in a cabin of trapped in a cave.
Other "desperate" men have made passes at me on their way to the grave.

:)

By the way ... how is your hunt for big titties going Jumper???

Surrey, Canada

#244119 Dec 14, 2012
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The Evolution of Celibacy.

In 1542 when the papal nuncio Morone called Archbishop Albrecht of Brandenburg’s attention to the urgency of celibacy, the archbishop said:“I know that all my priests are living in concubinage. But what should I do to stop it? If I forbid them concubinage, they either want to have wives or become Lutherans”(cf. Morone’s letter to Cardinal Farnese, Monumenta Vaticana, edited by H. Laemmer, 1861, p. 412).

Surrey, Canada

#244120 Dec 14, 2012
The fact that so many priests chose to marry women, or live in "concubinage" with women, indicates that there were far more heterosexual priests on average in those days than there are now.

My guess is, young Catholic men, raised to believe that homosexuality was/is a sin against "GOD" HOPED that if they joined the clergy as celibate priests "GOD" would heal them of their attraction to other men.

It didn't work as they planned. Nature has rules of its own.

Surrey, Canada

#244121 Dec 14, 2012
This Protestant minister Frank Shears was HOPEFUL that "GOD" would "heal" him of his attraction to men. I posted the following on this thread several times now, but will post it again.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Years ago I watched, and listened to an interview of a mainstream Christian minister who was dying from AIDS. He told of how in his earlier ministry, he had preached that those who proclaim to be gay could change if they chose to change … and if they didn’t, it was because they were just using it as an excuse to continue the “life-style” of promiscuous behavior.

He was a married man with two daughters, and as he traveled around the country, preaching his gospel to the believers, because he was telling them exactly what they wanted to hear, in their states of excitement, they would clap and cheer.

However, there was a story that he was not sharing with these believers. And that was that he had the same tendencies as what he was preaching against.

He told the woman who was interviewing him of how back then he was so desperate to change his attraction to other men, that he would place the bible over his crotch, and would then pray in sincerity, that he would be relieved of such feelings.

Then, his desire was such, that one weekend, crazed with passion, he had unprotected sex with twelve different men. That is when he contacted AIDS.

The interview took place eleven days before his death.

When asked what happened within his church, he said that he was expected to get up in front of the congregation and share all of the details … and then they fired him. He told of how he was a completely broken man … how he had lost everything … his family … his income, and what he thought were his friends in the church.

He shared how in the marriage with his wife, that she knew he was attracted to men, and he told of how they had only had sex a very few times, because to him it just was not natural.

He was very weak by the time the interview ended, but when asked what were his greatest regrets, he shared that he was the most sorry for preaching to young gays that they could change if they chose to change. He said he had heard that after hearing him preach, some of the young gays had committed suicide. And for being responsible for that, he was MOST sorry.

Surrey, Canada

#244122 Dec 14, 2012
More about Frank Shears
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

http://whosoever.org/v4i2/call.html

A few months later I noticed a man sitting in the back pew at church, he was quietly weeping. The same man came to our Tuesday evening bible study, and I was impressed by his knowledge of scripture. A few weeks later at our monthly potluck I sat next to this same man. In order to start up a conversation I asked him what church he had attended before coming to Liberty. He said Burnaby Christian Fellowship. I knew all about that church because they had the ex-gay ministry there. So I asked, "What do you think of this guy Frank Shears?" His response was, "I am Frank Shears." We became close friends, and remained so until the day he died of AIDS. Frank was so well known that a month before he died CBC did an interview with him for national TV. He said that the only regret he had was telling so many young gay people that they could change. He knew that there was no possibility of them ever changing.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#244124 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is no more a choice than is heterosexuality. Who we are sexually attracted to is a chemical reaction in the brain, not a conscious decision.
And bisexuals are chemically attracted to everyone?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244125 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And bisexuals are chemically attracted to everyone?
Are YOU sexually attracted to every man? Don't be any more foolish than you must, Witless.

Bisexuals are attracted to people of both genders. And yes, it's a chemical reaction.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#244126 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Are YOU sexually attracted to every man? Don't be any more foolish than you must, Witless.
Bisexuals are attracted to people of both genders. And yes, it's a chemical reaction.
Do you think this will be the next civil rights test, bisexual marriage, where a bisexual person wants to have a husband and a wife? Damn, I have to call the ACLU. Sounds like a Supreme Court case to me. Why have the bi's been left out so far?

Surrey, Canada

#244127 Dec 14, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Great story June! I'm having troulble with my comment tracker.
Do you have a new ap for exclusive fans of your show? I don't want to miss another action-packed moment.
NOPE! All my aps disappeared in the last election ... which by the way, I lost!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244128 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think this will be the next civil rights test, bisexual marriage, where a bisexual person wants to have a husband and a wife? Damn, I have to call the ACLU. Sounds like a Supreme Court case to me. Why have the bi's been left out so far?
You are one of the dumbest women I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Do you think the "bi" in bisexual indicates two partners at once?

They haven't been left out, you utter Moron.

Surrey, Canada

#244129 Dec 14, 2012
All in VAIN!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

In this startling speech to the council Baumgartner stressed that most of the Protestant provinces of Germany would have remained true to Rome if Rome had been more accommodating on the incidental question of marriage for priests (Concilium Tridentinum, ed. Gorresgesellschaft, I90Iff., VIII, 620ff.).

Surrey, Canada

#244130 Dec 14, 2012

But the Council of Trent, which has remained to this day the essential foundation of Catholic doctrine, not only showed no flexibility on marriage for priests, it brusquely declared:“if any one says that it is not better and more godly to live in virginity or in the unmarried state than to marry, let him be anathema.”

After the Council of Trent ended, in 1564 Emperor Ferdinand wrote a letter to several cardinals, stressing the idea that if it were possible for priests to marry, then almost all of those who had gone over to the "sectarians" (Luterans) would remain in the Catholic Church (Denzler, II, 225). But nothing changed.

Surrey, Canada

#244131 Dec 14, 2012
Lutherans

Surrey, Canada

#244132 Dec 14, 2012
Much suffering was caused over the issue of celibacy. But without celibacy breaking the church into the two faction, the Catholic church would probably still hold all the power.

Luther was also nutty as a fruitcake ... but he and the priests who willed to get married at least broke the power held by the all-powerful Catholic hierarchy that for centuries, terrorized, tortured, imprisoned and put to death those who "got in their way."

Surrey, Canada

#244133 Dec 14, 2012
Reformation

At the beginning of the Protestant Reformation, Martin Luther articulated a doctrine of the two kingdoms. According to James Madison, perhaps one of the most important modern proponents of the separation of church and state, Luther's doctrine of the two kingdoms marked the beginning of the modern conception of separation of church and state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_ch ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min ChristineM 20,110
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 7 min Faith Michigan 489,689
News Who is really the beast and what is its mark? 12 min Yeshua WasIS God-... 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min One way or another 35,197
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 min ChristineM 14,944
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min ChristineM 255,514
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 16 min Mite Be 796
More from around the web