Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 218493 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#244303 Dec 15, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion is based on fantasy ... yours included.
I disagree. Feel free to prove that.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244304 Dec 15, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can follow you because you can't follow the subject. I did say civil marriage.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If more than two adults want to get married, I couldn't care less. It's not my business, and won't harm my marriage on bit.
I said;
I don't care either. Civil marriage has become meaningless anyway.
It is only a way to divide up the spoils later.
No, YOU can't follow the subject. We were talking about marriage, period. Not civil marriage.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244305 Dec 15, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't answer anybody's questions. And you still didn't answer mine.
If you insist that the subject was civil marriages, and mine is not a civil marriage, what would be the point?

Are we talking about civil marriages or not?

Make up what's left of your mind.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#244306 Dec 15, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Feel free to prove that.
You are being silly!

If you "believe" that your goddess is real, why are you dissing Gerald's goddess that curses homosexuals as unreal!

Canada

#244307 Dec 15, 2012
Humor

The Delta plane leaves LaGuardia Airport under the control of a Jewish captain; his co-pilot is Chinese.

It's the first time they've flown together and an awkward silence between the two seems to indicate a mutual dislike.

Once they reach cruising altitude, the Jewish captain activates the auto-pilot, leans back in his seat, and mutters,

'I don't like Chinese..'

'No rike Chinese?' asks the co-pilot,'why not?'

'You people bombed Pearl Harbour, that's why!'

'No, no', the co-pilot protests,'Chinese not bomb Peahl Hahbah! That Japanese, not Chinese.'

'Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese....doesn't matter, you're all alike!'

There's a few minutes of silence.'I no rike Jews!' the co-pilot suddenly announces.

'Oh yeah, why not?' asks the captain.

'Jews sink Titanic!' says the co-pilot.

'What? You're insane! Jews didn't sink the Titanic!' exclaims the captain,'It was an iceberg!'

Iceberg, Goldberg, Greenberg, Rosenberg,...no mattah...all fukin same.

Canada

#244308 Dec 15, 2012
The priests pumped information from the husbands and wives in the confessionals to later use their own words against them as punishment from the ones that made the rules.

Brutes in "god"-garb!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Penitentials and Punishment Tables

The Church condemned as birth control not only the potions people took, but also various kinds of intercourse in which conception was avoided: coitus interruptus as well as anal and oral sex. The penances for these three forms of intercourse were enormous. The sentences meted out by the individual penitentials vary widely, but one is struck by the fact that anal and oral intercourse (coitus interruptus is mentioned less frequently) were often punished more severely than abortion, indeed more severely than premeditated murder. The authors of these books evidently thought that certain sexual practices were more reprehensible than killing a human being.

Canada

#244309 Dec 15, 2012
The popes were encouraged to study history from the ones known as the church "fathers," or "doctors" of the church.

It's no wonder the pope is back in the middle ages with his middle-age theology. He can't move very far past it, because he will make the doctors of the church appear as ignorant fools rather than messengers of "GOD."

It might take time ... but ultimately webs of lies come back to haunt the tellers of the lies.

The idea that any god gives a rat's ass about how humans have sex, is ludicrous ... "beyond belief."

Canada

#244310 Dec 15, 2012

The Anglo-Saxon penitential (put together between 690 and 710) of Theodore, a Greek monk from ST. Pal’s hometown of Tarsus, who became the archbishop of Canterbury and is considered the actual organizer of the English church, sets the penalty for oral intercourse at seven or fifteen years or even a lifetime of penance, for abortion three times forty days, and for premeditated murder seven years. The Anglo-Saxon penitential of the Pseudo-Egbert (ca. 800) lays down seven years (or lifelong) penance for oral intercourse, ten years for anal intercourse, seven or ten years for abortion, and seven years for premeditated murder.

Canada

#244312 Dec 15, 2012
Other animal forms were on earth LONG before humans, and no gods were necessary for their survival or their extinction.

Maybe the only thing that will rid the earth of silly religions is if humans also become extinct!

My guess is, it would be no loss to earth, as nature would continue on in one animal form or another.

Canada

#244313 Dec 15, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>That's a great book! I can't wait for the ending!
Hahahahahaha

Canada

#244314 Dec 15, 2012
Dirty old men of the hierarchy delved into the private of others, as they pretended a "god" wanted to know the answers to the questions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the eighth century on confessors were directed to ask expressly about birth control. The most detailed evidence of such questioning comes from the Decree of Burchard of Worms. Burchard instructs confessors to ask the questions “gently and kindly.” He has many questions posed to the husbands he asks:“Have you coupled with your wife or another woman from behind like dogs?

Canada

#244315 Dec 15, 2012
the private sex lives of others

Canada

#244316 Dec 15, 2012
So, you can see from the history that homosexuals were not the only ones penalized for disobeying the rules of the hierarchy.

Not even CLOSE!

However, from what I have studied so far, ONLY homosexuals were put to death for breaking the rules of the hierarchy concerning consensual sex.

Canada

#244317 Dec 15, 2012
More questions asked of husbands and wives, and the penalties that followed. It goes on and on...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Have you coupled with your wife during menstruation, then ten days on bread and water. If your wife went to church after having a baby, before being purified, then she is to do penance for as long a time as she should have stayed away from church. And if you have coupled with her during this time, then you will do twenty days of penance on bread and water. If you have coupled with your wife after the child stirred in her womb or during the forty days before delivery, then you will do twenty days of penance on bread and water. Have you stained yourself with your wife during Lent? Then you have to do forty days penance on bread and water. If it happened while you were drunk, twenty days on bread and water.

Canada

#244318 Dec 15, 2012
It's almost as though some of those men felt if they weren't coming up with new ideas, their jobs would be perceived as unnecessary.

The more they wrote, the more nonsense appeared on the religious scene, as the most ridiculous rules were claimed as being "inspired" by "GOD."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244320 Dec 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being silly!
If you "believe" that your goddess is real, why are you dissing Gerald's goddess that curses homosexuals as unreal!
I have done no such thing.

Prince George, Canada

#244321 Dec 16, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done no such thing.
Do you believe that Gerald's homophobic goddess IS real?

Prince George, Canada

#244322 Dec 16, 2012
My guess is, as long as the pope puts Augustine and Aquinas on pedestals of knowledge, there will be no hope of him opening his mind to the acceptance that consensual sex ought to be "enjoyed" ... homosexual or otherwise.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Augustine’s sexual pessimism, which was for the most part intensified by the Responsum of Pope Gregory the Great (“Sensual pleasure can never be without sin”), dominated the eleventh to thirteenth centuries, the time of Scholasticism,“the Golden Age of theology,” as it is called. The zenith of Scholasticism is thought to have been reached in Thomas Aquinas (d. 1274), who to this day ranks with Augustine as the second grand authority on sexual issues.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#244323 Dec 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Gerald's homophobic goddess IS real?
You deflect with a question that's got nothing to do with it.

Once again, if you'd paid attention to my very clear explanation of mythology, and how it relates to Deity, you'd already know the answer to this question. YOU choose to ignore what I said. That's not my fault.

You made a false accusation. I've done no such thing.

Prince George, Canada

#244324 Dec 16, 2012
The church "fathers" or "doctors" might have been known as "scholastics" and "theologians" ... but I perceive they were mere mortals full of arrogant fantasies that amounted to nothing but stupidity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Like Augustine, the Early Scholastics felt that in pre-Christian times mankind had multiplied enough to complete the number of saints in heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min truth 650,853
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 24 min It aint necessari... 16,541
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 48 min Sleeveen 490,529
News Who is really the beast and what is its mark? 49 min Patriot 343
News Bellevue Priest Accused Of Sex Abuse (Dec '11) 54 min Millie 11
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 256,139
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr thetruth 20,631
More from around the web