Religion - The Unconvincing Bluff

May 3, 2013 Full story: News24 32

The Department of Home Affairs has left me seething and frustrated. Which is a feeling I'm sure many South Africans are familiar with, says Lauren Hess .

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#1 May 4, 2013
His words..

"Now some may say that the JWs had poisoned me for all other faiths, and they would be absolutely right"

This is exactly how my daughter feels, and its due to the JW religion that my mother forced down her throat as a young child, even going as far as to tell her that if she did not remain a JW, Jehovah would see to it that her parents died. What ever possessed my mother to tell her that I will never know, maybe it was her fear of her leaving it when she grew up, but instead, she gave her a hatred for a religion that would punish her in such a way.

Location hidden

#4 May 5, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
whorever
your gossip about your own family is wicked,evil and sin against Gods law?
Jesus loves you.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#5 May 5, 2013
9:22 am, Sunday, May 5, 2013:
RE: Religion - The Unconvincing Bluff
..... Assuming that most of the Jehovahs Witnesses spend much of their spare time following God around and witnessing what God is and is not doing, I'd like to see some reports on those activities.
..... Karen, does Jesus love you? Care to
publish some of the love letters he wrote to you as evidence?

Location hidden

#6 May 5, 2013
QUITTNER wrote:
9:22 am, Sunday, May 5, 2013:
..... Assuming that most of the Jehovahs Witnesses spend much of their spare time following God around and witnessing what God is and is not doing, I'd like to see some reports on those activities.
..... Karen, does Jesus love you? Care to
publish some of the love letters he wrote to you as evidence?
John 3:16 is the love letter he wrote to me and to everyone who believes in him. Care to read it?:)
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#7 May 5, 2013
10:04 am, Sunday, May 5, 2013:
..... The gospel of "John" was written about 70 years after Jesus was crucified. It is nothing more than a piece of literature with invented stories.

Location hidden

#10 May 6, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Loves only His own children given Him by His Father John 17.
for sure He will loves me forever
if I am born again by His direct personal Spirit and Gods YHVH grace,?John 1;13.3;3-8
if someone is not born again from His direct Spirit,
those people are not covered under Umbrella of Jesus Agape Love?
because they refuse to be created in Gods image, they accepted own image,and devil teachings table full of devil viomits,
ALSO JESUS AND HIS CHILDREN ARE FAR AWAY FROM LOVING THEM IN THE SPIRITUAL AGAPE SENSE?
Please?read Bible,and don't Lie
whom Jesus loves or not loves?
When Jesus died, did he know every person he died for? He loved everyone, and gives them the chance to come to him, and of course he wants all of us to come to him and be saved. He told us to love our neighbor, he didn't put a limit on ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SAVED did he? If we don't love them, the good and the bad, we wont be willing to help plant the see of the gospel into those who are lost so that HE can make it grow. It is foolish not to believe that Jesus loves us all. The whole message is Jesus loved us so much that he died for us. And it is whosoever that believes in him that will be saved, he wants us all to be saved, but there are those who chose another path.

Location hidden

#11 May 6, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblicaly
I am not so sure if John 3;16 is written for you too?
ancient koine gree word" world" doesn't mean world belonging to Gods Adversary satan and his devil children
this greek"world"have limited meaning.
"world"-means new heaven and new earth given to the chosen ones by Gods grace to reside in this world under eternal Mercy and Gods grace
you doesn't sound like child of God,because you doesn't understand spiritualy sense of Jesus Spoken words at John 1;13
also you don't understand spiritual biblical food given only to GODS CHILDREN
The bible tells me that those who truly Believe in Jesus will gain eternal life. I am one of those who truly believes, I gave my life to Jesus, and I live as he wants me to now. I know for certain that John 3:16 was written for me, sorry that you feel you have the right to judge me.

I was covered by the Holy Spirit and I know exactly when that happened, do you?
Reincarnated Witness

Monticello, NY

#12 May 6, 2013
No sooner has a thought popped into your head than you've put it into words. You're certainly in a voluble and chatty mood, but the trick lies in knowing when to speak up and when to shut up. If everyone starts developing glazed looks, or begins to fall asleep, you'll know you've gone too far. Turn the conversation round to them, fast!

Get your Horoscope from latest edition of Awake or Watchtower copyright 1914 by Peoples Pulpit
NH Knorr Jr

Saugerties, NY

#13 May 8, 2013
Someone is in a combative mood today. It's hard to talk to them for long without them getting angry or feeling got at. Ask this person what the problem is, although they may become so tricky and argumentative that quite frankly you'd prefer to let them stew in their own juice for the time being. Come to think of it, maybe that isn't such a bad idea.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#14 May 10, 2013
The truth is, the Bible says only the meek will inherit this Earth, and anyone who is a self proclaimed Atheist has already closed his mind to receiving salvation at Armageddon, the end of this world.
Psalm 37:11

Many Atheists have become Jehovah's witnesses and so have military men and women as well as immoral people, but the fact is, they had to change their lifestyle, they had to adjust their thinking to be in harmony with education of God's word the Bible.
Romans 1:18-28
little lamb

Australia

#15 May 10, 2013
Its interesting..because scripture states ' that God loved the world so much he sent his only begotten son, that whomsoever exercises faith in him shall not perish but have everlasting life'

Now that scripture is clear..it was the Father JEHOVAH who loved us so much ..that he sent Jesus

And what is interesting , is Jehovah himself has elevated jesus, and given him a NAME above every other name

its interesting that Jehovah has given us JESUS name for salvation..

Jesus name saves..it saved yesterday when the Apostles healed people in Jesus name..and Jesus name is the same today..

' ask the father anything in my NAME and I will do it."

So its interesting because JESUS is the same forever...

So many say they believe Jesus name is given to us for salvation..so why so many sick and dying Christians??

Gods word says its because of eating and drinking Jesus body and blood in an unworthy manner.

so I would agree that its Gods will we are to seek and do.

Location hidden

#16 May 10, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Its interesting..because scripture states ' that God loved the world so much he sent his only begotten son, that whomsoever exercises faith in him shall not perish but have everlasting life'
Now that scripture is clear..it was the Father JEHOVAH who loved us so much ..that he sent Jesus
And what is interesting , is Jehovah himself has elevated jesus, and given him a NAME above every other name
its interesting that Jehovah has given us JESUS name for salvation..
Jesus name saves..it saved yesterday when the Apostles healed people in Jesus name..and Jesus name is the same today..
' ask the father anything in my NAME and I will do it."
So its interesting because JESUS is the same forever...
So many say they believe Jesus name is given to us for salvation..so why so many sick and dying Christians??
Gods word says its because of eating and drinking Jesus body and blood in an unworthy manner.
so I would agree that its Gods will we are to seek and do.
You just cant get those JW teachings out of your head can you?
little lamb

Australia

#17 May 10, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
You just cant get those JW teachings out of your head can you?
Why?? Because I love the name Jehovah..and make my boast in his holy name.

And because you come on here saying you believe Jesus name is given to us for salvation, whilst many moan and groan about ill health..why ?

because deep down salvation doesn't really have any meaning for many ..its just a good word to thump others who have faith in Jehovah's name over the head with...but no real salvation is achieved
NH Knorr Jr

Saugerties, NY

#18 May 10, 2013
From selected past issue of Consolation:

The New Moon, a Solar Eclipse, shines a bright light on your career and long-term plans and inspires you to make a fresh start with them in weeks ahead. Maybe this is your cue to apply for a new job or work towards a cherished ambition? Don't underestimate what you're capable of, Leo, because this is your chance to dazzle everyone with your many skills.

Get your Horoscope from latest edition of Awake or Watchtower. Our astrologers speak directly to God! copyright@1914 by Peoples Pulpit
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#19 May 10, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus died, did he know every person he died for? He loved everyone, and gives them the chance to come to him, and of course he wants all of us to come to him and be saved. He told us to love our neighbor, he didn't put a limit on ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SAVED did he? If we don't love them, the good and the bad, we wont be willing to help plant the see of the gospel into those who are lost so that HE can make it grow. It is foolish not to believe that Jesus loves us all. The whole message is Jesus loved us so much that he died for us. And it is whosoever that believes in him that will be saved, he wants us all to be saved, but there are those who chose another path.
While I'm not a religious person, I do have a passionate interest in religion.

I've always wanted someone to explain to me how exactly Jesus' death saved mankind.

Did suffering suddenly stop on the day of his crucifixion? In what way did His death result in salvation for mankind?

I'm not being obtuse, I am genuinely interested. Its a question that is often answered with 'because the bible says so'.

Also, I might believe that Jesus loved us all. But Buddha also preached loving kindness and compassion to all living things. A message he preached some 500 years before Christ. Is he not also worthy of our respect or worship?

Why is salvation only attainable through Christ?

Location hidden

#20 May 10, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?? Because I love the name Jehovah..and make my boast in his holy name.
And because you come on here saying you believe Jesus name is given to us for salvation, whilst many moan and groan about ill health..why ?
because deep down salvation doesn't really have any meaning for many ..its just a good word to thump others who have faith in Jehovah's name over the head with...but no real salvation is achieved
No real salvation is achieved? Oh my, you don't even believe hat the bible says! the bible says that it is in the name of Jesus we are to believe for eternal life. Its all abou8t Jesus right now, Jehovah handed it all to them, one day he will had it all back over to his Father.
We cannot blame God for the ills health we have.

Location hidden

#21 May 10, 2013
ill health.
little lamb

Australia

#22 May 10, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
No real salvation is achieved? Oh my, you don't even believe hat the bible says! the bible says that it is in the name of Jesus we are to believe for eternal life. Its all abou8t Jesus right now, Jehovah handed it all to them, one day he will had it all back over to his Father.
We cannot blame God for the ills health we have.
John 5:24

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Jesus says we have life and in abundance now

for now is the day of salvation now is the day to be saved'

You are the ones preaching salvation is future.

Also Jesus went through the country , healing people oppressed by the devil

And it says he has come to break up the works of the Devil

it appears many don't believe " by his stripes we are healed"

Location hidden

#23 May 10, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
While I'm not a religious person, I do have a passionate interest in religion.
I've always wanted someone to explain to me how exactly Jesus' death saved mankind.
Did suffering suddenly stop on the day of his crucifixion? In what way did His death result in salvation for mankind?
I'm not being obtuse, I am genuinely interested. Its a question that is often answered with 'because the bible says so'.
Also, I might believe that Jesus loved us all. But Buddha also preached loving kindness and compassion to all living things. A message he preached some 500 years before Christ. Is he not also worthy of our respect or worship?
Why is salvation only attainable through Christ?
We can answer the question by looking at the suffering of mankind today. But is God to blame for that. Jesus Death gave us the forgiveness of our sins, he did not take away suffering.... at that time.
I do not know much about the religion of buddha, but I do know they put their beliefs and faith in a human man who has said to have been in many lives before that one. The bible tells us that we are not to do that,(yes I believe in the bible) but to put our faith in the Lord. Buddha did not die for us, but Jesus did. I respect the teachings of Buddha, I do believe what we give out will come back to us. But I believe Gods word more, especially when it tells me that Jesus is my Savior.

It is only obtainable through Jesus because this is what God set out for it to be. It is hard to say anything else because I am a Christian I believe in God and his word. Although it is hard for some to believe that Jesus death bought us salvation and forgiveness of our sins, We can have faith that it is truth, Faith is believing in the unseen as truth.

I understand your understanding, I also feel I know who this is. All I can say to you is this, the Lord is real, he did die for us, he rose on the third day to show us all that we also have that to look forward to. Belief is one of the hardest things for some to have, and yet it is one of the easiest as well. Once you realize that God giveth, and God taketh away, and that he gave his Son because he loved us so much and wanted us to have a way to get back what Adam lost to us, you will then see it clearly, Jesus is our Lord and Savior, not Buddha, not a religion, not any man or men, but only Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#24 May 10, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
John 5:24
"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
Jesus says we have life and in abundance now
for now is the day of salvation now is the day to be saved'
You are the ones preaching salvation is future.
Also Jesus went through the country , healing people oppressed by the devil
And it says he has come to break up the works of the Devil
it appears many don't believe " by his stripes we are healed"
No LL, I know my salvation is set. I know I am saved, why? because I gave my life over to Jesus Christ, I BELIEVE INN HIM with my whole heart, mind and body and soul.

Oh I believe that Jesus can heal us right now, but I also know that we really don't know if Jesus did it or not do we? Remember, we serve by faith,not by sight. But I do believe Jesus can heal us. We are healed by his stripes, healed of our sins by being able to ask forgiveness of them each and every single day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Priest Speaks Up For Planned Parenthood: 'Peopl... 5 min Cordwainer Trout 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 min Eman 22,919
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 9 min Toko2014 15,206
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min ChristineM 228,515
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 41 min Frijoles 69,461
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr bmz 202,559
Belgian beauty queen converts to Islam 1 hr Khan 9

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE