Dalai Lama Comes to Charlottesville -...

Dalai Lama Comes to Charlottesville - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 45 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Oct 11, 2012, titled Dalai Lama Comes to Charlottesville - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Dalai Lama is in Charlottesville. His holiness has completed his talk at The Paramount Theater this morning and is set to take the stage at the nTelos Wireless Pavilion at 1:30 p.m. The gates opened at 11:00 this morning for the pavilion event.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Crane

Free Union, VA

#1 Oct 11, 2012
BFD

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RNR

Scottsville, VA

#3 Oct 11, 2012
was he paid to come here and speak?
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Oct 11, 2012
RNR wrote:
was he paid to come here and speak?
He doesn't charge a speaking fee or profit from it, but I'm sure his costs are covered.
RNR

Scottsville, VA

#5 Oct 11, 2012
I'm ignorant on the Dalai Lama, so somebody help me out here, why did he choose C'ville to speak? Is there some sort of significance? I listened to some of it on streaming but sorry, wasn't really impressed. Hard to understand and when I could, he kept repeating himself basically
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Oct 11, 2012
I'm not sure I understand all the bru-ha-ha.
John

Augusta, WV

#7 Oct 11, 2012
well where is the message of his talk?? or you tube ?
Concerned

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Oct 11, 2012
WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!
UVA employee

Nashville, TN

#9 Oct 11, 2012
RNR wrote:
I'm ignorant on the Dalai Lama, so somebody help me out here, why did he choose C'ville to speak? Is there some sort of significance? I listened to some of it on streaming but sorry, wasn't really impressed. Hard to understand and when I could, he kept repeating himself basically
He was in Williamsburg yesterday.....So, Charlottesville is really not that special. http://www.dalailama.com/teachings/schedule
Free2ink

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Oct 11, 2012
It's really cool that he had so much more security than Obama...Lol...What's up with That....????
Wow

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Oct 11, 2012
I for one thought it was awesome. Once in a life time experience.
Well Hello Dalai

Floyd, VA

#15 Oct 11, 2012
It was an okay presentation but not as funny as The Dalai Show w/ Jon Stewart. "Free Tibet" from the Communist Chinese who make the Apple line for U.S. consumers and the data, IT and computer tech chips for the telecommunications industry and all that really cool plastic stuff we "need" so much of...haven't got a prayer.

R.I.P.: David Carradine [Kwai Chang Caine]
all colors

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Oct 11, 2012
This was a really wonderful day. I was surprised to learn it was 3 years in the planning! I feel real appreciation for the effort, as it's quite a privilege to be able to hear, and be in the presence of someone who has had a life fortunate enough to shape him into a spokesperson capable of sharing truths that have the capacity to change all of us. I, for one, am really glad to have those seeds planted. Thank you, everyone involved, and I hope he will come again soon to have a dialogue on education.
Romney Ryan

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Oct 11, 2012
all colors wrote:
This was a really wonderful day. I was surprised to learn it was 3 years in the planning! I feel real appreciation for the effort, as it's quite a privilege to be able to hear, and be in the presence of someone who has had a life fortunate enough to shape him into a spokesperson capable of sharing truths that have the capacity to change all of us. I, for one, am really glad to have those seeds planted. Thank you, everyone involved, and I hope he will come again soon to have a dialogue on education.
More like a last minute feel good session for the fruty libs out there just before the election. Combat this type of voter miseducation by coming to the Friday rally!
Hmmmmm

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Oct 11, 2012
It's odd how there are NO comments on the story of the pervert in Waynesboro who has been denied bond for sexual abuse. Is it because his story hits too close to home for some of you? Is it because you won't be able to make ignorant racist remarks about him? Just wondering.
Butcher

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Oct 11, 2012
A Buddhist hot dog vendor is approached by a customer. The customer orders a hot dog and hands the the Buddhist vendor a $20. The vendor gives him his hot dog. The customer stands there waiting for the vendor to give him his change which is not forthcoming. The customer asks, "Hey, where's my change?"

The Buddhist hot dog vendor replies, "Change comes only from within."
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Oct 11, 2012
Compassion is a relative term.

Did the "Lammer" talk about how often Tibetan hospitals give heart bypass and other operations to their indigents free of charge like UVA does? Do Tibetan hospitals have a "patient bill of rights" posted in the emergency room like UVA hospital does?

As for compassion, how does the benefit package of Tibetan drunks, druggies, career beggars and slackers compare to what Charlottesville lavishes upon it's dead weight? How many Tibetan towns the size of ours have thousands in subsidized housing?

On his way out of town I hope the "Lammer" finds it in his heart to stop and give a few bucks to the beggars on Freebridge that sport clothes issued by the Virginia Department of Corrections.
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Oct 11, 2012
Hmmmmm wrote:
It's odd how there are NO comments on the story of the pervert in Waynesboro who has been denied bond for sexual abuse. Is it because his story hits too close to home for some of you? Is it because you won't be able to make ignorant racist remarks about him? Just wondering.
Are you suggesting there is a connection between the "Lammer" and Waynesboro perverts?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Oct 11, 2012
citizen wrote:
Compassion is a relative term.
Did the "Lammer" talk about how often Tibetan hospitals give heart bypass and other operations to their indigents free of charge like UVA does? Do Tibetan hospitals have a "patient bill of rights" posted in the emergency room like UVA hospital does?
As for compassion, how does the benefit package of Tibetan drunks, druggies, career beggars and slackers compare to what Charlottesville lavishes upon it's dead weight? How many Tibetan towns the size of ours have thousands in subsidized housing?
On his way out of town I hope the "Lammer" finds it in his heart to stop and give a few bucks to the beggars on Freebridge that sport clothes issued by the Virginia Department of Corrections.
You just don't like people who can think for themself outside of your small box.
Crane

Scottsville, VA

#24 Oct 11, 2012
all colors wrote:
YouÂ’re a kool-aid drinker
Scottesville

Scottsville, VA

#25 Oct 11, 2012
Yes, the Dalai Lama brews Kool-aid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min ChristineM 34,788
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 7 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 632
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 26 min VotedOutBum 489,470
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 1 hr Barnsweb 8,249
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 646,524
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 1 hr thetruth 397
News Fashion Police? Saudi Arabia arrest 50 men for ... 1 hr Fashion crimes 1
More from around the web