Iban Family Embraces Islam In Seria

Iban Family Embraces Islam In Seria

There are 1 comment on the BruDirect story from Dec 2, 2012, titled Iban Family Embraces Islam In Seria. In it, BruDirect reports that:

An Iban Family comprising parents and three children from Kampong Api-Api in Seria embraced Islam recently during a conversion ceremony at the Belait Islamic Dakwah Centre.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BruDirect.

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 2, 2012
We are not told their former religion.
Many Iban's (formerly headhunters) are animists ( believing objects in nature have a spirit).

I suggest they have become muslims for economic and education reasons as there would be only Muslim schools in the region for their 3 children.

As each convert is mentioned here it's important to try and understand why the conversion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min RiccardoFire 15,011
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 692,171
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 43 min DaniEl 521,961
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Sholem Gollem 72,046
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr Dogen 3,430
News Majority of women in prison have been victims o... 2 hr youareadufus 61
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 2 hr The Bible Student 5
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Dogen 84,097
More from around the web