Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#71082 Apr 10, 2013
Yes, go on. You are useful.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71083 Apr 10, 2013
John wrote:
Yes, go on. You are useful.
Full of sh*t defeated theist with no proof of god, about to make another post, with no proof of god in it, while claiming a false victory, yet again...
John

United States

#71084 Apr 10, 2013
You're a special kind of nut proven time and again to be an unabashed liar.
On January, 2009 when Obama took office total debt of federal government was $10, 626, 877, 048, 913. 08 according to the US TREASURY. As of January 17, 2013 the last day of business before Obamas second reign of terror the total debt of the federal government was $16, 432, 631, 489, 854. 70.
The new federal debt under Obama in his first term equaled approximately $50,521.00 for each household in the country.
Since your guy can't stand on his own don't bother looking up Bush's debt. I was against Tarp BTW. I'm intellectually honest. It's a shame you aren't.
Your other posts are crap as well. He hasn't created one job while piling up more debt than Washinton through Clinton.
This isn't going to end well. I'll skip the other nonsense about health fraud, history, etc. The country will either reject statism or we will live in tyranny. I'll let you guess the other options. History is cyclical.
Lie for your Obama and your nothing Bob.1
John

United States

#71085 Apr 10, 2013
Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. I'll get it eventually.
John

United States

#71086 Apr 10, 2013
Bureau of labor statistics 4/5/13
Since Obama took office the labor force participation rate has declined from 65.7 percent to 63.3 percent.
In March 496,000 Americans dropped out of the labor force.
there are currently 803,000 unemployed workers that have given up looking for work.
the real unemployment rate, including those that are working part-time due to economic reasons is 13.8%
Since Obama took office the nation has lost 752,000 construction jobs.
the last time the labor force participation rate was this low was in May of 1979.
All this despite raiding the treasury for trillions.
You sir are a liar. This statist ideology has never worked and we will either correct course, live as government cattle, or have a prairie fire. Passive of course LOL.
Want to be taken to school on his anti-American radically buddies. You should. All freethinkers should. Truth is power. Just post you lied and I want charge you for the instruction. Atheists of sound minds should challenge the Bob types that have co-opted disbelief. 1
John

United States

#71087 Apr 10, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,260 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
John

United States

#71088 Apr 10, 2013
No they are fighting/lashing out at God. Most of them. This forum has gone on for years and it happens with or without me. You think simple disbelief has carried the forum in all its venom this long? The evidence speaks otherwise. Speaking of evidence. Do you have any in this arena you hold others accountable to?
I've already exposed your standard of evidence yet you want ME to provide YOU evidence in your forum. Let me guess you'll be the arbiter. Your forum insists on fighting God, you can't stay away from him. I've made it clear, apparently you don't read my posts that I don't debate nothing. God is merely an axe and diversion created by loons to mask their nothing agenda.
You've made the claim there is no God so prove it. That's your deal and problem whether its impossible or not. I've offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you want to make a case for. You have failed miserably. Not my problem.
Regurgitating tired nonpoints despite four years of me being clear makes it obvious you have no intention of doing anything other than projecting. Nothing certainly is not the answer.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.=
John

United States

#71089 Apr 10, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.=
John

United States

#71090 Apr 10, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise.=
John

United States

#71091 Apr 10, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,270 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71092 Apr 10, 2013
John wrote:
You're a special kind of nut proven time and again to be an unabashed liar.
On January, 2009 when Obama took office total debt of federal government was $10, 626, 877, 048, 913. 08 according to the US TREASURY. As of January 17, 2013 the last day of business before Obamas second reign of terror the total debt of the federal government was $16, 432, 631, 489, 854. 70.
The new federal debt under Obama in his first term equaled approximately $50,521.00 for each household in the country.
Since your guy can't stand on his own don't bother looking up Bush's debt. I was against Tarp BTW. I'm intellectually honest. It's a shame you aren't.
Your other posts are crap as well. He hasn't created one job while piling up more debt than Washinton through Clinton.
This isn't going to end well. I'll skip the other nonsense about health fraud, history, etc. The country will either reject statism or we will live in tyranny. I'll let you guess the other options. History is cyclical.
Lie for your Obama and your nothing Bob.1
Source? Fox Lies channel?

Your continuance to such the d**ks of Fox is unabated.

Oh! I almost forgot:

I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.

Shall I go on?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71093 Apr 10, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.=
I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.

Shall I go on?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71094 Apr 10, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.=
This one deserves special emphasis:

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.
John

United States

#71095 Apr 10, 2013
I see you have an aversion to facts that upset your dogma. I'll just keep exposing you.

Yes, please go on.

“The Dude abides”

Since: Mar 13

Earth

#71096 Apr 10, 2013
John you continually post the same thing over and over again. You accuse atheist of "lashing out at god" (whatever god you mean, there are tens of thousands to pick from). From what I read you are the one lashing out and attacking atheist and attacking any science you think invalidates your god.

It comes down to this, atheist (or more accurately followers of science and reason) and believers (followers of magic/religion/fairy tales) can never have a discussion on the topics of science, morality, faith, etc. It is impossible because we live in totally different universes which are simply not compatible. We look at the same thing and see it very differently because our starting points are different and we can never convince each other of our view because the frames of reference are totally opposite and foreign.

I do not hate you or denigrate you for believing in magic. If it works for you, great. It is ridiculous for you though to try to discuss your belief in magic using reason. The two simply do not coexist.
John

United States

#71097 Apr 10, 2013
Atheism is simply disbelief. Nothing more. Magic science!

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#71098 Apr 10, 2013
mtwcebu wrote:
John you continually post the same thing over and over again. You accuse atheist of "lashing out at god" (whatever god you mean, there are tens of thousands to pick from). From what I read you are the one lashing out and attacking atheist and attacking any science you think invalidates your god.
It comes down to this, atheist (or more accurately followers of science and reason) and believers (followers of magic/religion/fairy tales) can never have a discussion on the topics of science, morality, faith, etc. It is impossible because we live in totally different universes which are simply not compatible. We look at the same thing and see it very differently because our starting points are different and we can never convince each other of our view because the frames of reference are totally opposite and foreign.
I do not hate you or denigrate you for believing in magic. If it works for you, great. It is ridiculous for you though to try to discuss your belief in magic using reason. The two simply do not coexist.
Don't worry too much about John The Stumpbreaker, he lives in a strawman world. He's been told a million times what the definition of atheist is. It's best not to even reply to the f--kwit IMO.

He posts his nothing bs ad nauseum but won't defend anything in it just so he can continue to play his game of pigeon chess. But if you feel the need to reply to the idiot, go ahead. Especially if you enjoy continuous facepalming.

:-)
John

United States

#71099 Apr 10, 2013
Atheism is simply disbelief and nothing more.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#71100 Apr 10, 2013
John wrote:
Atheism is simply disbelief and nothing more.
Is this a trick? Lol. Or do you understand now?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71101 Apr 11, 2013
John wrote:
I see you have an aversion to facts that upset your dogma. I'll just keep exposing you.
Yes, please go on.
I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusions ... 665,292
News Inside the Insular World of Israeli Jews Who Be... 22 min True Christian wi... 19
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 45 min Mrs Sunny 503,204
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 49 min One way or another 48,577
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 51 min Thinking 255,961
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... 1 hr GrowUp 390
News 'Respect for your country is an important part ... 1 hr GrowUp 33
More from around the web