Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,979

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68073 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, so you can't counter anything I post, how cute. It's always fun to watch you fundies squirm when logic is presented.
You aren't logical, you're just argumentative.

Location hidden

#68074 Feb 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no scientific theory that claims "something from nothing".
That is you idiot godbot's claim to fame: you claim your nothing-god created the universe from nothing.
Silly boy!
The Big Bang theory states that a singularity (a SOMETHING) started to expand rapidly (the "bang" part of "big bang").
At no time is there a "nothing".
Are you really this stupid? Or did you take too many hitting-yourself-on-the-head lessons?
I'm betting on the latter.
Hey Boob of Quantum Fantasies, your village called they want their idiot back.

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

#68075 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know yet, then you know NOTHING about the origin of the universe.
We know it wasn't created in 7 days. Thats for sure.

Taipei, Taiwan

#68076 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't logical, you're just argumentative.
Ya, argumentative. Ironic how you are saying that when you just parrot on post after post.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#68077 Feb 13, 2013
I have actually heard fundies claim that days might have been really long back then and that 6 days could mean anything!

In which case, why say 6 days?
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#68078 Feb 13, 2013
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what? If you know NOTHING about the origin of the universe, you can't say with certainty that it wasn't created in 7 days. You can't say with certainty that it wasn't created by God.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#68079 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what? If you know NOTHING about the origin of the universe, you can't say with certainty that it wasn't created in 7 days. You can't say with certainty that it wasn't created by God.
You may not be able to prove things with absolute certainty, However you can say that the evidence of an old earth is very strong. Have you examined the scientific evidence? Have you been to a museum of natural history?

Whether God created it, there is nothing to make us believe that the universe was created by a Christian God. There are many gods and many different versions of God past and present amongst the incompatible world religions.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#68080 Feb 13, 2013
btw BBSting you slipped up cause your book says 6 days not 7. God had a nap on the seventh day. Since then he and Jesus having been sitting enthroned with arms crossed not answering prayers and watching humankind destroy each other and the earth, and doing nothing to stop natural disasters, according to theists.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#68081 Feb 13, 2013
Because all powerful beings get tired... ;)
Adam wrote:
btw BBSting you slipped up cause your book says 6 days not 7. God had a nap on the seventh day. Since then he and Jesus having been sitting enthroned with arms crossed not answering prayers and watching humankind destroy each other and the earth, and doing nothing to stop natural disasters, according to theists.
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68082 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Proves evolution. proves your mythical god rehashed from hundreds of previous gods is just a man-made ruse to run the cult...
What type if evolution. Proves no such thing by the way. Keep coming after the God you don't believe in. Makes perfect sense stumpee.
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68083 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
Your forum loon. I've exposed you relentlessly. You have no evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to. You have no way to determine which possibilities are most or least likely. Why would I flatter a bigot as if he was the arbiter of evidence. You've looked. Nothing suffices. End forum. Oh, but this is about much more than your nothing.
I will compare the evidences and reasons to believe in a prime mover vs whatever it is your forum wants to make a case for. That scares you loons to death. You realize there are many disciplines that have concluded the likelihood of a prime mover. Not one. Many. You got zip.
Another day responding to nothing. Pathetic.
Duck, duck, GOOSE.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#68084 Feb 13, 2013
Duckspeaker.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Duck, duck, GOOSE.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#68085 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
yes we can. God isn't real - you're lying about god - none of what you claim about your cult is true.

You are entirely defeated and are left to insult atheists when you have no facts on your side.

Just do us all a favour and f*ck off back to creation camp.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#68086 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
What type if evolution. Proves no such thing by the way. Keep coming after the God you don't believe in. Makes perfect sense stumpee.
If you deny evolution it means you're automatically and idiot.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#68087 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you deny evolution it means you're automatically and idiot.
automatically AND idiot?
I think you should go and use a Mikko sock for this one

Taipei, Taiwan

#68088 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that earth was created in 7 days: fossils.

You can't say for certainty that god created anything either.

Like I said. If the bible is real, then Narnia must be real.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#68090 Feb 13, 2013
Freedom of and from religion is great huh?? Have any religion or no religion,your choice. All religions are man made BS. So doesnt matter which you pick.

Taipei, Taiwan

#68091 Feb 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I have actually heard fundies claim that days might have been really long back then and that 6 days could mean anything!
In which case, why say 6 days?
<quoted text>
ya its six. God napped on the seventh. A minor technicality but my point still stands regardless. Really not sure why 6.

Science has put the creation of the universe as 13.77 billion years old. Earth is 4.45-4.7 billion years depending on source and which catagory of science. But 4.45bil is the general consensus.

Which is very logical consider some of the Earth's landscapes took hundreads of million years to take shape or longer than that.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#68092 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I can say that. Solar systems are still being formed as of right now. We see stars forming. Religion is BS. Lies to control the weak minded

Since: Mar 11

United States

#68093 Feb 13, 2013
This is true not to mention how often he has been caught lying. Classic cult behavior.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Religious cults generall dissuade their inductees from gaining knowledge. he sounds like most cult members, able to only parrot what he has been told...
reprogramming may be too late...one can only hope for him...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 5 min Love Hurghada 412,696
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Liam 573,872
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 24 min Ink 219,702
The Consequences of Atheism 29 min Uncle Sam 744
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 56 min STEFANO COLONNA 212,055
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 57 min Brian_G 1,095
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr ChristineM 4,806
More from around the web