Adventists' back-to-basics faith is f...

Adventists' back-to-basics faith is fastest growing U.S. church

There are 131 comments on the USA Today story from Mar 17, 2011, titled Adventists' back-to-basics faith is fastest growing U.S. church. In it, USA Today reports that:

The fast-growing Seventh-day Adventist religion teaches no pre-marital sex. In this January 2010 photo Huston Fletcher, 17, center, dances with Phyllisia Reed, 17, left, and Jasmine Ward, 17, right, during a Purity Ball at a church in Nashville, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
KoalaGums

Downer, Australia

#1 Mar 18, 2011
Masochism in the USA.
Jeffersonbc

Burpengary, Australia

#2 Mar 18, 2011
Great news from the USA! Actually I find it hard to believe when you consider all the mega churches and popular TV speakers aren't SDA.

Then when it comes to witnessing the JW's outdo us hands down, and the immaculately dressed Mormons come in a close second.

I would have thought the Charismatics would have stolen the show.

The "newly released data" certainly comes as a real surprise and I'd love to know where it originated from.

Anyway it's wonderful news! Keep spreading the Word and let the reformation begin!
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

#3 Mar 18, 2011
Below the article:
"You might also be interested in:
Elizabeth Smart says she was raped daily ( USATODAY.com in News)"
KoalaGums

Downer, Australia

#4 Mar 18, 2011
olasonn wrote:
Below the article:
Poor girl, that's terrible. God save the rest of us from fundamentalists.
Realist

Appleton, WI

#5 Mar 18, 2011

That's ridiculous! The couple who raped her and kidnapped her were Mormons and fringe Mormons at that. No Adventist connection whatsoever. Smart was Mormon too by the way, LDS...
KoalaGums

Ashfield, Australia

#6 Mar 18, 2011
Realist wrote:
That's ridiculous! The couple who raped her and kidnapped her were Mormons and fringe Mormons at that. No Adventist connection whatsoever. Smart was Mormon too by the way, LDS...
I know all that, last I heard she was on her Mormon mission. Smith and Young with their doctrine of Celestial Marriage have a lot 2 answer 4, even in 2011.

The SDA church never did practice plural marriage @ all. In EGW's case, polyandry would probably have left her too sore to write.

That's Y I said FUNDAMENTALISTS, not a particular church.
robert two

Canberra, Australia

#7 Mar 18, 2011
KoalaGums wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all that, last I heard she was on her Mormon mission. Smith and Young with their doctrine of Celestial Marriage have a lot 2 answer 4, even in 2011.
The SDA church never did practice plural marriage @ all. In EGW's case, polyandry would probably have left her too sore to write.
That's Y I said FUNDAMENTALISTS, not a particular church.
I wonder if I could call the SDA church as it stands FUNDAMENTALIST. It is a mixed up multitude.
The other shoe drops

United States

#8 Mar 18, 2011
KoalaGums wrote:
Masochism in the USA.
Yeah those who stay out of trouble and rest in God's protective blessings.. masochism. Well satan is kind of upside down in his own viewpoint. He thinks rest is wicked, and law abiding is masochistic.

No wonder why there is so many mixed up people in Babylon.
Jacob123

Seattle, WA

#9 Mar 18, 2011
The most important element that is misleading in this article is that Pentacostals-Charasmatics-Spir it-filled Non-denomination churhces, etc., etc. are either autonomuous congregations within a city or region, or in competition with eachother which spreads the numbers amongst the AoG, Foursquare, Calvary, Chapel, CoGIC, and many other small denominations, where the Seventh-day Adventist have a consolidated orginizational structure under one name. Therefore, they will always be high on numbers of growth, just as LDS & JW's, but in real terms, the spreading of independent congregations and growth in the numbers of worshipers or undeniably with Charasmatics (Think of all these mega churches got together under one name----end of story!)...
robert two

Canberra, Australia

#10 Mar 18, 2011
SDAs cannot get back to basics till the church realeses the 1888 message as of EGW.
Yet soon we need the REMNANT so it has to happen. TES WILSON is working on it.
birdman

Bettendorf, IA

#11 Mar 18, 2011
robert two wrote:
SDAs cannot get back to basics till the church realeses the 1888 message as of EGW.
Yet soon we need the REMNANT so it has to happen. TES WILSON is working on it.
Sorry Robert that message was back in the 1500s with Martin Luther.

BASIC = BIBLE AND BIBLE ONLY GREAT!!!!
The other shoe drops

United States

#12 Mar 18, 2011
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life you chameleon imposter of sda's.
robert two

Canberra, Australia

#13 Mar 18, 2011
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you do not understand why they wanted to kill MATIN LUTHER.
birdman

Bettendorf, IA

#14 Mar 18, 2011
The other shoe drops wrote:
<quoted text>
HI there Devils Helper.
birdman

Bettendorf, IA

#15 Mar 18, 2011
robert two wrote:
<quoted text> I see you do not understand why they wanted to kill MATIN LUTHER.
No, I understand perfectly.

I am Righteous by my Faith in Christ and the Cross.

The only rules that matter is the ones Holy Spirit says, and not some human on earth.
birdman

Bettendorf, IA

#16 Mar 18, 2011
The other shoe drops wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you Tell me from Scripture what a SDA is? and Scripture only and what SDA means ?

Take your time and study first.
robert two

Canberra, Australia

#17 Mar 18, 2011
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I understand perfectly.
I am Righteous by my Faith in Christ and the Cross.
The only rules that matter is the ones Holy Spirit says, and not some human on earth.
so you are on your own then.
The law of the prophets applies to everyone. THE BIBLE. Hebrew 11:1 has you in trouble.
robert two

Canberra, Australia

#18 Mar 18, 2011
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you Tell me from Scripture what a SDA is? and Scripture only and what SDA means ?
WHEAT NOT TARES.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#19 Mar 23, 2011
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill give my answer too

The “7th day” is symbolic of the commandments kept in full..
The “Advent” message reflects the watching and waiting for the 2nd Coming..

Just look at the symbol I use..There is a flame..We represent the virgins of Matt 25 having their lamps burning while waiting for the bridegroom (Jesus)..

However, without the Spirit of God, that flame is going out for some of us..

Especially those who don’t preach sanctification which is “power unto salvation”(Rom.1:16)..And those who don’t keep “the testimony of Jesus”(Rev 19:10; 12:17)..
Lay Worker

Perth, Australia

#20 Mar 23, 2011
BryanSDA wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill give my answer too
The “7th day” is symbolic of the commandments kept in full..
The “Advent” message reflects the watching and waiting for the 2nd Coming..
Just look at the symbol I use..There is a flame..We represent the virgins of Matt 25 having their lamps burning while waiting for the bridegroom (Jesus)..
However, without the Spirit of God, that flame is going out for some of us..
Especially those who don’t preach sanctification which is “power unto salvation”(Rom.1:16)..And those who don’t keep “the testimony of Jesus”(Rev 19:10; 12:17)..
UNfortunately you can be lost even professing to keep the Sabbath.

The symbols employed are of little value

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Syriana 518,274
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Eagle 12 - 1,401
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Dogen 78,599
News Ex-Catholic bishop of Phoenix accused of sex ab... 2 hr techfan 179
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr RiccardoFire 8,391
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 685,654
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 4 hr Rose_NoHo 552
More from around the web