What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

There are 84619 comments on the www.christianpost.com story from Apr 19, 2008, titled What Divides Catholics and Protestants?. In it, www.christianpost.com reports that:

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.christianpost.com.

ltb

Philadelphia, PA

#84386 Oct 19, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask your husband to explain this to you...
"The Protoevangelium of James (Gospel of James) talks of Mary being a servant to God. It's not in Scripture, but it's informational."
"It's" = "Mary being a servant to God."
Why do you insist on continuing to show your lack of education?

The word "it's" refers to the Gospel of James, which is obvious to anyone who has a reading level above third grade. Notice "it's informational " is the rest of that sentence and clearly shows the word "it's" is referring to the Gospel of James and not "Mary being a servant of God ".

Go ask your wife to teach you something.
ltb

Philadelphia, PA

#84387 Oct 19, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi ITB.....
It does not say "blessed among women"....the "among women" was added by your cult....you guys have limited her scope of blessedness to women only!!!!!
I have no problem referring to her as blessed....because that is Scripturally(new word) correct...she is not blessed only among women as you are saying........
Your reading is worse than expected. Maybe your wife can read it to you......I am not Tangle Bravo, so you should address your post to him not me.
ltb

Philadelphia, PA

#84388 Oct 19, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the Scripture we are discussing....It is: Lu 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Lame, really lame....lol

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#84389 Oct 19, 2012
ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist on continuing to show your lack of education?
The word "it's" refers to the Gospel of James, which is obvious to anyone who has a reading level above third grade. Notice "it's informational " is the rest of that sentence and clearly shows the word "it's" is referring to the Gospel of James and not "Mary being a servant of God ".
Go ask your wife to teach you something.
Well, I see you didn't take my advise....must be what you are eating...

Location hidden

#84390 Oct 19, 2012
ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reading is worse than expected. Maybe your wife can read it to you......I am not Tangle Bravo, so you should address your post to him not me.
Uh-huh..

Location hidden

#84391 Oct 19, 2012
ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame, really lame....lol
Truth....

Not in Scripture????

For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

hand·maid: also hand·maid·en (-mdn)
n.
1. A woman attendant or servant.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#84392 Oct 19, 2012
barry wrote:
<quoted text>strange but my Bible simply says that God "rested" on the seventh day. his work of creation was done and therefore he did not continue his work. he did not rest because he was tired. he "rested" because the word "rest" simply means to stop. the hebrew word is "shabath" which means to desist from exertion, to cease,to leave, to rest, as well as to repose, celebrate, to fail,put away, rid, or take away.
the sabbath can not be found anywhere in the book of genesis. abraham, isaac, jacob, and joseph show no hint of it yet abraham tithed a tenth to the Lord.
in fact God had to explain it to the children of israel in Exodus 16. it was an new concept for them. Exodus 31 says that Israel was to "to observe [it] throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant". it was given to Israel as a reminder of the covenant that God made with them.
it was not given earlier as there was no nation of Israel earlier.
now that word sabbath in the Bible comes from the hebrew word "shabbath" while it is similar to "shabath" it is yet a different word that means an intermission or "the sabbath"
you see when God rested on the seventh day of creation he ceased from working on the creation, never to go back to it. it was done. it wasn't like all other activity in heaven also ceased. the sabbath is a rest in the form of an intermission as the children of israel went back to working the next day.
Did you not read my post completely? Again (and with capitalized emphases)...

The first mention of the seventh-day Sabbath is at Genesis 2:2-3.

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God BLESSED the seventh day, and SANCTIFIED it: because that IN IT he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

As I believe, the most High "sanctified" the seventh day, to observe each week, in remembrance of the first seventh-day rest. In my humble opinion, this is why it was said, "REMEMBER the Sabbath day, to keep it holy (Ex 20:8)." When we read Exodus 16, which occurred BEFORE Israel camped at the base of Sinai, we read of the most High instructing Israel to observe His seventh-day Sabbath. Other than these and as far as I can remember, nothing else is said regarding any observance between the two I mentioned. Does this mean that it wasn't observed, though?

Not necessarily. As we read the recordings of the events that took place before Moses received the law, we also read of times when people referred to the law. Joseph refused to commit adultery with Potiphar's wife (Gen 39:7-12), calling it "sin against God," and Noah was instructed to separate clean from unclean beasts (Gen 7:2). Before Exodus 20, though, we read nothing regarding the definitions and precepts of these commandments.

In my last post, in which we read above, I've answered you already. In the meantime, know this. Seven is a most significant number in the bible. In saying that, there are seven days to creation, not six. The sixth day was allowed to continue into a seventh day in order to "create" a Sabbath for man. This is why the seventh day became so significant. Now, in the meantime, let us not be mistaken as to the precepts of the Sabbath. Our anointed Savior fulfilled the precepts of the Sabbath. Therefore, observe the Sabbath, but don't worry about working, or cooking, or any other precept attached to the "letter of the law." The Sabbath is made, solely, to build a relationship with our Godhead.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#84394 Oct 19, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh..
It appears she answered before she caught her moniker. LOL

Location hidden

#84395 Oct 19, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
It does appear!!!!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#84396 Oct 20, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad stroy of a woman Decieved. No surprise your hypocritical cult would cannonize her for political gain. Duh!
As I have mentioned, the RCC has done the most damage to the Indeginous and is directly responsible for many of the Indians demise and annihilation. You think this makes up for that? Another smoke screen. The RCC has always had the Best Propaganda machine, and you continue to validate this.
Do some more research.
Your rage and fury are misdirected. The Catholics and the Indigenous Americans have been united by the Blessed Virgin of Guadalupe for well over two hundred years.

May Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe watch over you and intercede in your behalf to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#84397 Oct 20, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rage and fury are misdirected. The Catholics and the Indigenous Americans have been united by the Blessed Virgin of Guadalupe for well over two hundred years.
May Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe watch over you and intercede in your behalf to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
May your witchcraft do you in. May God himself rebuke you. I want none of your religious witchcraft. SO can it and the holy water you came in on.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#84398 Oct 20, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
May your witchcraft do you in. May God himself rebuke you. I want none of your religious witchcraft. SO can it and the holy water you came in on.
God doesn't rebuke me. God says I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't imagine God says you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, but hey, God works in mysterious ways.

I was just wondering, where's the nearest Christian Evangelical Synagogue from where you're at?

Lord love you.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#84399 Oct 20, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if there's a market for canned Holy Water. Anyway, I'm all out of Holy Water right now but I do have some Holy Dirt from El Santuario de Chimayo. It is said to have miraculous healing power. I could mail you some.

God loves you. You should love Him back.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#84400 Oct 20, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if there's a market for canned Holy Water. Anyway, I'm all out of Holy Water right now but I do have some Holy Dirt from El Santuario de Chimayo. It is said to have miraculous healing power. I could mail you some.
God loves you. You should love Him back.
You telling someone any advice is so hysterical. You and your religious power trip, heathen. You should Worship the True Messiah instead of men, including yourself. Religious demon that you are. Oh, yeah, GOd rebukes you. YOur games, plays, lies and general puke that you spew.(Not to Fail to mention all your blasphemy).

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#84401 Oct 20, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't rebuke me. God says I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't imagine God says you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, but hey, God works in mysterious ways.
I was just wondering, where's the nearest Christian Evangelical Synagogue from where you're at?
Lord love you.
Are you planning a Stalk?
ltb

Philadelphia, PA

#84403 Oct 20, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoid much?

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#84404 Oct 20, 2012
ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoid much?
That would be you. ALl I have to do is observe your Posing. Not the first, surely won't be your last. Paranoid over a rug rat as you is not my MO. Exposing you, however, yes.

Your a weak Bully that rants and then creates other alias' when no one will come to your rescue. You like to make it look as if you have support,but your writing always gives you away.As well as your opinions.....He..he..

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#84405 Oct 20, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you planning a Stalk?
Not at all. I just think you're an aberration.

You don't have to tell me where it is, just the distance in miles would be cool. 500? 1000?

God bless aberrations.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#84406 Oct 20, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
You telling someone any advice is so hysterical. You and your religious power trip, heathen. You should Worship the True Messiah instead of men, including yourself. Religious demon that you are. Oh, yeah, GOd rebukes you. YOur games, plays, lies and general puke that you spew.(Not to Fail to mention all your blasphemy).
Thank you.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#84407 Oct 20, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so mean?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 min KAB 250,895
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 5 min Belles Echoes 2,014
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 18 min Sheilaa 488,191
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Catholic24 641,219
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 34 min Regolith Based Li... 13,263
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 36 min Eagle 12 51,147
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 48 min Regolith Based Li... 31,251
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr superwilly 255,294
More from around the web