What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments (Page 4,111)

Showing posts 82,201 - 82,220 of83,860
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Creep out time....Ox has saved all my posts. Let's add stalker to jealous pervert. Looks like the old guy can't exist without me. How funny!!!! Love you too, Ox....Hahahaha!!
servant

Mérida, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ox,
Just curious- and tired of the same blather here....let us discuss something else. What do you feel (believe) "reprobate" means?
WOuld be interested in what servant thinks, if around.

Hello Nijoni,

How have you been? Hope all is well. Sorry, if I haven't been on here very often. Sometimes this place wears you out plus if the fish aren't biting, a fisherman has to move to a different location where new wineskins are ready to be filled.

BTW...I responded a couple of weeks ago to your post but I wasn't sure what you were asking about. If you missed my question, no big deal.

Now as for "reprobate", I would have to agree with Oxbow's answer: unapproved, worthless (literally or morally), rejected

Just incase. Here are some free online Bible tools you can use.

http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html

http://www.biblos.com/

http://www.biblegateway.com/

I'm sharing this with you because when I began studying, I didn’t have anyone to tell me that concordances, lexicons, or Bible dictionaries existed. So, I spent two years writing my own concordance :(

They can be very helpful in your studies especially when trying to see how particular words and phrases were being used 2,000 years ago in Israel. Remember, the Bible was composed thousands of years ago, and the language used was understood in its time. It is totally different than the same languages in use today.

Also, I suggest skipping any commentaries you might come across. Since only the Bible can interpret the Bible it's important we contain our studies strictly to the Bible. Sometimes men's commentaries can be slanted views of the Bible’s Scriptures, depicting their personal beliefs, or their allegiance to a particular sect of Christianity.

Enjoy my friend

Shalom

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the joker who posts nothing but anti Catholic nonsense trying to start something up with the Catholics.
Who do you think you're fooling?
I, as any Christian, will respond favorable to anyone, bar none, who shows a genuine interest in the Word of God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

ltb wrote:
Creep out time....Ox has saved all my posts. Let's add stalker to jealous pervert. Looks like the old guy can't exist without me. How funny!!!! Love you too, Ox....Hahahaha!!
Knowing how proud and passionate you are on your view of the Sacred Word of God, am simply doing you a favor of getting them "out there"..

Any time...

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

t clms wrote:
<quoted text>
whoever, you are, you can't come up with a coherent response to the previous poster.
Maybe, just talk to those who you agree with and stop wasting people's time here.
Don't you have anything to say??
I like how you do here exactly what you accused me of! I guess you did not notice that the post I responded to was nothing but a rant attacking me personally and others in general. So I just repeated the rant back at him, but I don't mind you assuming that I was talking to you as well.

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the joker who posts nothing but anti Catholic nonsense trying to start something up with the Catholics.
Says the ******* who posts nothing but anti protestant nonsense trying to start something up with the protestants.

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it in you that compels you to act like a two year old so frequently? I can't imagine how you figure that instills any confidence in your debating skill.
When I am talking to you, and others like you, I have to bring the discussion down to your level.

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

ltb wrote:
There is no need for anyone to save someone's posts. There is a simple internet tool which allows anyone to search individual sites for specific words.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

t clms wrote:
<quoted text>
Nijoni...
You have no limit to what you will do to be accepted by White Americano culture.
Get back to communing with the Raven instead of pretending you are a Christian..
Be yourself....
Clown in Canada,
Stop pretending you are a therapist. Or anything of worth for that matter. What the H are you talking about in your Racist delusions?
Only a Racist thinks as you. Only a Bigot is as uneducated as you. HOw lost you must be. No friends in real time, so you come here to vent your bias' and anger. A truly pathetic leech of an immigrant.

You continue to show how immigrants from your Third World do not add but leech from these lands. Get a job and stop mooching off the workers that pay for your family's refuge. You are such an ingrate.
You think all should hate whites as yours do. You know nothing of Christianity or of the Creator.
You come here to mooch from whitey yet then think all will understand your hate of whitey. What a racist freak you are.
Your only excuse to hate others is that they show u for the loser you are...your problems and issues should be taken up with professional counsel.

Stop with the Bobble-head already. Get a life, a Job would help your countrymen, and stop stalking me, or live with the burr I planted under your saddle.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Nijoni,
How have you been? Hope all is well. Sorry, if I haven't been on here very often. Sometimes this place wears you out plus if the fish aren't biting, a fisherman has to move to a different location where new wineskins are ready to be filled.
BTW...I responded a couple of weeks ago to your post but I wasn't sure what you were asking about. If you missed my question, no big deal.
Now as for "reprobate", I would have to agree with Oxbow's answer: unapproved, worthless (literally or morally), rejected
Just incase. Here are some free online Bible tools you can use.
http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html
http://www.biblos.com/
http://www.biblegateway.com/
I'm sharing this with you because when I began studying, I didn’t have anyone to tell me that concordances, lexicons, or Bible dictionaries existed. So, I spent two years writing my own concordance :(
They can be very helpful in your studies especially when trying to see how particular words and phrases were being used 2,000 years ago in Israel. Remember, the Bible was composed thousands of years ago, and the language used was understood in its time. It is totally different than the same languages in use today.
Also, I suggest skipping any commentaries you might come across. Since only the Bible can interpret the Bible it's important we contain our studies strictly to the Bible. Sometimes men's commentaries can be slanted views of the Bible’s Scriptures, depicting their personal beliefs, or their allegiance to a particular sect of Christianity.
Enjoy my friend
Shalom
I must of missed your reply. Been off for a bit myself. So far, I have not disagreed with what you say. I too, feel the watering down of the CHurches. Have you ever read the Great Evangelical Disaster? By Charles Shaffer. A real eye popper. AMerica has twisted the WOrd to justify herself. The Gentile interpretations.
Euro-Centric CHristianity that justifies genocides done by the White races. They teach God is white as well. And favors whites. WHat do you think the Righteous God thinks of this? The GOd that created all and is all.

Shalom

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for anyone to save someone's posts. There is a simple internet tool which allows anyone to search individual sites for specific words.
She has no idea that this forum retains all posts....there is no need to save them....

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
When I am talking to you, and others like you, I have to bring the discussion down to your level.
Care full, your slip is showing.

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Clod hopper. I already told you what degrees I hold. Cleveland State University and University of New Mexico. The fact that you're too embarrassed to tell us what your actual qualifications are is your problem, not mine.
Not embarassed about anything. I don't make a practice of sharing personal information on an open forum. And I don't need to insult and belittle others trying to jack up my own ego.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I, as any Christian, will respond favorable to anyone, bar none, who shows a genuine interest in the Word of God.
Your soul mates Ninjo and Allen may believe that BS, but the rest of us have brains.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing how proud and passionate you are on your view of the Sacred Word of God, am simply doing you a favor of getting them "out there"..
Any time...
Good, it saves me the trouble of rewriting it all for those who didn't get to read them the first time.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the ******* who posts nothing but anti protestant nonsense trying to start something up with the protestants.
Show me where I have written ANTI Protestant nonsense. You and Ox and Nijoni show how alike you are more and more....and that is not a compliment.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have a problem with missing the point don't you?
He still had to find them, copy them, paste them...that's a lot of time to spend.......Hahahaha

STALKER!!!
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
She has no idea that this forum retains all posts....there is no need to save them....
And you went and found them all......what's that say about you?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Not embarassed about anything. I don't make a practice of sharing personal information on an open forum. And I don't need to insult and belittle others trying to jack up my own ego.
I'm not the first nor will I be the last to ask you what qualifications justify your pontification.

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the first nor will I be the last to ask you what qualifications justify your pontification.
I don't pontificate! I make assertions and support those assertions with credible, verifiable, documentary evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,201 - 82,220 of83,860
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Religion Forum right now

Search the Religion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min lightbeamrider 217,037
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min it is what it is 324,153
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Truth 512,165
Another case of blasphemy? : Extremist Hindus t... (Jul '13) 22 min hehe this 93
Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 27 min NoMo 31,805
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 43 min Gods R Delusions x Mine 193,602
Maldives seeks Indian help to set up Islamic va... 57 min Warner 3
•••
•••
•••
•••