What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

There are 84334 comments on the www.christianpost.com story from Apr 19, 2008, titled What Divides Catholics and Protestants?. In it, www.christianpost.com reports that:

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.christianpost.com.

ltb

Ashburn, VA

#84305 Oct 12, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing how proud and passionate you are on your view of the Sacred Word of God, am simply doing you a favor of getting them "out there"..
Any time...
Good, it saves me the trouble of rewriting it all for those who didn't get to read them the first time.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

#84306 Oct 12, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the ******* who posts nothing but anti protestant nonsense trying to start something up with the protestants.
Who do you think you're fooling?
Show me where I have written ANTI Protestant nonsense. You and Ox and Nijoni show how alike you are more and more....and that is not a compliment.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

#84307 Oct 12, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for anyone to save someone's posts. There is a simple internet tool which allows anyone to search individual sites for specific words.
You do have a problem with missing the point don't you?
He still had to find them, copy them, paste them...that's a lot of time to spend.......Hahahaha

STALKER!!!
ltb

Ashburn, VA

#84308 Oct 12, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
She has no idea that this forum retains all posts....there is no need to save them....
And you went and found them all......what's that say about you?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#84309 Oct 12, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Not embarassed about anything. I don't make a practice of sharing personal information on an open forum. And I don't need to insult and belittle others trying to jack up my own ego.
I'm not the first nor will I be the last to ask you what qualifications justify your pontification.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#84310 Oct 12, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the first nor will I be the last to ask you what qualifications justify your pontification.
I don't pontificate! I make assertions and support those assertions with credible, verifiable, documentary evidence.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#84312 Oct 12, 2012
ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Your soul mates Ninjo and Allen may believe that BS, but the rest of us have brains.
You have brains alright....you are sitting on them....

Location hidden

#84313 Oct 12, 2012
ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, it saves me the trouble of rewriting it all for those who didn't get to read them the first time.
Glad to see you realize how dumb of you to say I saved them...

Location hidden

#84314 Oct 12, 2012
ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
It says I am intelligent....
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#84315 Oct 12, 2012
What is the fihgt over now? Go to Washington and schedule for your FBI file, you have 3 court dates, 2 of them are 10-20 minutes. 2 weeks of Doctor and Surgeon General investigations. Foot Rpints Brian imagery scan all files reviewed to prove you are who you think you are and not a kidnappy or a killer family that impersonated the family back in history.

Then the last court is 30 minutes with a gag restraint signed Hush note. All money form history is awarded to you, fines in all states removed, property given that was rightfully yours, accountability settlements, ALL online activity file with Federal patent and names of all people and forums that arrest is warrented for plagerisim.

Seceratary of USA sets up meetings.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#84316 Oct 12, 2012
ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Your soul mates Ninjo and Allen may believe that BS, but the rest of us have brains.
It should bother you to align yourself with Atheists, but it actually BOTHERS You that Christians agree. Doh! Is anybody out there?

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#84317 Oct 12, 2012
ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
It says there is evidence, provided by YOU. Something you often deny. Cry a River.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#84318 Oct 12, 2012
Jaimie wrote:
What is the fihgt over now? Go to Washington and schedule for your FBI file, you have 3 court dates, 2 of them are 10-20 minutes. 2 weeks of Doctor and Surgeon General investigations. Foot Rpints Brian imagery scan all files reviewed to prove you are who you think you are and not a kidnappy or a killer family that impersonated the family back in history.
Then the last court is 30 minutes with a gag restraint signed Hush note. All money form history is awarded to you, fines in all states removed, property given that was rightfully yours, accountability settlements, ALL online activity file with Federal patent and names of all people and forums that arrest is warrented for plagerisim.
Seceratary of USA sets up meetings.
All joking aside...

YOU, my friend, are a FASCINATING person! Your life is...I have no word that would be closely adequate.

I read your posts all the time. And I shouldn't say this...but I understand a lot of it.

If I could have walked with you.

Location hidden

#84319 Oct 12, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, Allen Richards, but I disagree with you and agree with Mr. idiot.
The weekly Sabbath was instituted long before the Israelites camped at the base of Sinai. To take the notion that the Sabbath is an Israelite-exclusive observance is most erroneous, as all the law was given to Israel, including the prohibitions against idolatry, dishonoring our parents, murder, adultery, stealing, bearing false witness, and covetousness. As to the Sabbath, only the precepts have become void. Also, when Israel was given the law regarding the Sabbath, they were told to "remember" it.
<quoted text>Our anointed Savior was arrested during the "day of preparation." He was crucified, though, at 9:00am, during Passover. This was on a Wednesday, or Abib 14. He died the same day, at 3:00pm.
<quoted text>That's incorrect. No scholars agree that "Paraskeue" means "Friday." If anything, they agree that this defition is a modern rendering. If we read anything that suggests such a thing, we read the terms "probably means," "may mean," and "could have meant," often. This is hardly proof. If anything, it's wise to adopt the definition that's given us, which is "readiness," or "preparation," and nothing else. And for the record, every day before a Sabbath, whether it be the weekly Sabbath, the Day of Atonement, or Passover, was called "the day of preparation."
<quoted text>Incorrect, again.
By examining the scriptures, we'd see that this particular week was one of multiple Sabbaths that included the weekly Sabbath. On the 13 of Abib (Tue-Wed), Israel observed the day of preparation. On the 14th of Abib (Wed-Thu), they observed Passover. The following day, the 15th of Abib (Thu-Fri), began the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Then, on the 16th of Abib (Fri-Sat), they observed a double Sabbath, as it was both, the weekly Sabbath and the Feast of Firstfruits. To acknowledge and accept is that, with each Sabbath came a day for preparation that was observed the day before, as required by law.
If our anointed Savior died on a Friday, then he could not have risen on a Sunday, either.
Friday - 3:00pm - Our anointed Savior died
Saturday - 3:00pm - One day accomplished
Sunday/"first day of the week" - 3:00pm - Two days accomplished
Monday - 3:00pm - Three days accomplished
You most likely know that when the women arrived at the tomb early Sunday morning, the tomb was already empty. Chronologically, this is impossible, as not even two days would have been accomplished.
Why is it you include me in your Objection? When I say the Sabbath started at Creation?

Location hidden

#84320 Oct 13, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Um...that would be David, actually.
I assume this is a another Song, that you say "GOD was saying" when in fact it was a Song saying what the Fool says or something like that.

You are taking the second verse of the Song TO BE GOD SPEAKING, when in fact it is still speaking about the fool of the first verse.
Something like that right?
That is why you did not post the verse.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You STILL ignore that Paul began that statement with "As it is written." Where, then, is this written?
Psalm 14:3
Someone just pointed this one out to me.
It turns out the Speaker Never Changes in this Psalm, it does not say BUT GOD SAYS, for the next verse, which you are counting as GOD SAYS,

You are Claiming that GOD says the next verse, after the Speaker is Identified as the Fool, or whoever it is.

However GOD is never identified as the NEW speaker for these verse you say GOD is speaking.

The verse says the Fool says BLAH blah Blah, but you pick out the second or third verse and say GOD says this verse, when in fact the Entire Verse is attributed to the fool.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: these is none that doeth good, no, not one.
The Fool says the above, as the rest of the Psalm.

You are ADDING BUT GOD SAID THIS, to the Psalm, that clearly identifys the speaker as the Fool.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Paul simply quoted what David had originally written. I've already tried to explain to you what "righteous" means from a biblical perspective, though. shortened because you are an Idiot
What Paul Quoted was the FOOL Says
Brother Lee Love wrote:
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: these is none that doeth good, no, not one.
You are saying GOD said this, when if you read the Scripture, David Identifies the Speaker as the Fool.

The ENTIRE PSALM is attributed to WHAT THE FOOL SAYS.

YOU are saying OH BUT GOD Said this, which is not true, the ENTIRE PSALM is what the Fool Says, including how GOD looked down from the Heavens, THE FOOL SAYS this.

THE ENTIRE PSALM
IS THE FOOL SAYS THIS.
ALL OF IT, is how the fool thinks.

The ENTIRE PSALM is what the Fool says, Even as far as those that cry out for GOD to Bring his Righteous judgement down upon the Earth, are lost to the teachings of the Christ, This is in the New testament.
Mercy for Mankind is what a Christian is supposed to Prey for, not Judgement and hell fire,
For GOD WOULD that none Perish.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

It is GODS WILL, it WILL BE.

What you quote as Paul was Quoting David, that is correct, but what David said

WAS THE FOOL SAYS THIS.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#84321 Oct 13, 2012
FOR THE RECORD...

NO CHRISTIAN should reject any portion of the bible.

How does a Christian learn of "God," or His only-begotten Son, without the bible?

If you reject any portion, you're a "'picky-choosy' Christian." You pick and choose what's acceptable to you, which means, all in all, that you form "God" after yourself. In other words...

Some can't accept that "God" killed pregnant women and babies. Why can't they accept this? Because, first, they don't understand why "God" would perform such acts. And secondly, such a "God" doesn't fit into their personal similitude of "God." Rather, they consider it all metaphor and figurative.

"GOD" is not some puppet that we create, to perform as we wish He perform!

The same can be said of traditions that are believed to be founded by our anointed Savior and the apostles. Yet, some traditions are direct contradictions of their teachings, according to the bible. And yet...

YES...our English translations are erroneous. If that were not the case, the term "Easter" would not appear as a holy-day of our Godhead, at Acts 12:4. The Greek rendering is "pascha," which is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew "pasach." Both translate to "Passover." "Easter" is actually the name of an ancient goddess; from Astarte, to Ishtar, to Ashtoreth, to Oestre, to Eostre, to Eastre, to Easter. The translators included the term "Easter" because that was the name of their celebration at the time, as it is until today. Anyway...

The original texts were inspired. The translations were not. At the same time, tools are given us, to determine the truth from the falsehood. At the same time, we must examine history. The Catholic bible had the appropriate books. The Puritans excluded a great portion of them, which is now called "Apocrypha" and the book called "Enoch."

NOTE: The Septuagint is a direct translation of the original Hebrew texts; written by the original authors and translated by men that wanted nothing less than to share with the "Hellen" what was expected of all of Israel. Therefore, the Septuagint is dependable.

Which is most accurate?

It's proven that the Catholic bible derives from the Alexandrian manuscripts. These, as believed, were diluted with Egyptian and Greek mythology and philosophy. The so-called "Protestant" bible, as believed, derives from what's called the "Antioch manuscripts." King James, actually, had translated all, the bible, the so-called "Apocrypha," and the texts we call "Enoch." Again, the Puritans removed these texts and NOT the original Reformers. In the Catholic bible, the famous "Ten Commandments" have been changed, erasing the commandment prohibiting idol-making while separating the tenth commandment into two separate precepts. The so-called "Protestant" bible allowed these commandments to remain as is. Based on my last statement, alone, we should be able to discern which is acceptable and which is not.

If you're atheist, this discussion is not for you. Your discussion is whether or not "God" even exists. Why bother with more, with those that believe "God" does exist?

If you consider yourself a skeptic, are you searching for facts to prove that "God" and the bible are true, or to prove that "God" and the bible aren't? It makes the difference, as skeptics search for evidence that prove that "God" and the bible are true. Deists and agnostics have a different agenda, altogether. Which are you, and what's your agenda?

Location hidden

#84322 Oct 13, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
CONTINUED...
Wednesday - 3:00pm - Our anointed Savior died
Thursday - 3:00pm - One day accomplished
Friday - 3:00pm - Two days accomplished
Saturday - 3:00pm - Three days accomplished
Sunday/"first day of the week - Sunrise - Tomb found empty
WHOA, Whoa,

you have read the Bible!

I have never had anyone agree with what I say about the Passover Crucifixion of Jesus Before. Online.

That is it,
He rose upon the end of the weekly Sabbath which would have been at the Nightfall of Saturday Night.

WOW, no one online here has ever agreed with my before.

You know there is a Free Downloadable program called "Celestia" that will actually let you track the Earth, Moon, Planets and even the Planets Moons if you really want to get into this accurately to the dates in question.

Which DO have something to do with it.
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

But other then that, the next thought that crosses my mind is the Mark of the Beast.

I know I just found someone else that Believes Jesus was Crucified on the Wednesday that Followed the Passover, the First Full moon after the Spring Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere, and I jump to the Mark of the Beast.

The Mark of the Beast is Easter Sunday,
I should not Jump that far into a discussion about this,
But I have.

The Mark of the Beast, everyone is waiting to get in Line and be given the option of taking it or not, a RFID chip,
It is more subtle then get in line for your RFID Chip,
It is Sunday Worship and Very Specifically Easter Sunday.

The Entire WORLD has Drank of this, If you check the STOCK MARKETS OF THE WORLD, they are CLOSED UPON SUNDAY.

The reason they are closed is because of the POWER of the Catholic Church,

EVEN CHINAs Stock EXCHANGE is closed on Sunday.

The sabbath for Muslims is Fridays but they can not not trade on Friday and also not trade on Sunday, so they MUST CONFORM and trade on Friday.

Rev_13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev_13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The Mark of the Beast is "Closed on Sunday".

Easter Sunday to be very Specific.

I should not Jump to the Mark Of the Beast when I find someone that says The Passover was a Tuesday Night, Which it was, Look at the Stars, Forgive me,

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#84323 Oct 13, 2012
the perfect idiot wrote:
Why is it you include me in your Objection? When I say the Sabbath started at Creation?
Because, I sent Paul an R.S.V.P, and learned that "Stairway to Heaven" is NOT a good breakfast cereal!

When I lit my "Electric Kingdom" single on fire, I got smacked by Monica Samille Lewinsky, who screamed "You suck!" I asked, "Do I?" She said, "Make three quick, parallel streaks on the ground with both feet, at the same time. Then, connect them, to make a "Z." After that, you can run real fast!" I did it and went back in time. I raced Valerie. We did inappropriate things for our age. Then, I was back. I, so much, wished to be front. What keeps me back? Ribs? Skin? Nature? If I'm lip, on the front of face, am I still back because I'm not the front of the nose? I'm still face, ain't I? Not all the A-Team despised me.

Shouldn't they make a movie about the Bionic Man? Is he too limited now for the audience?

Human means "man with hue." Hue-man.

Why are "Black" people so offended by "colored" and Negro," but do nothing to change the name of the National Association of Advancement for Colored People (NAACP), or the United Negro College Fund (UNCF)?

Why do people believe that Blacks were part of "All men are created equal" in the Constitution when, at the time, Blacks weren't considered "man," but "property?"

Only a few times, in life, did I own Boardwalk and Park Place. Gandhi wanted nothing to eat, no matter how much Teresa tried to feed him! We sent him to walk on the board, to find a place to park. In a few lives, he told time.

9285 and 2398 are the numbers I see right now. Now, it's 9285 and 2338.

"Scarlett" is the name of the southern Belle and the color of the infamous letter "A."

Do Canadians love the letter "A?'

I can't keep doing this. As of now, I have 2102 character left, and that's the count at the end of this sentence. I'm going to go now. I thought you might like my response. Anyway...

I included you in my objection because I agree with you. Read my post again, man. Not only did I agree with you, but I included evidence with assertion. I solidified your contention. I concluded your debate. Where's your thorn?

After this, 1762 characters left. Peace.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#84324 Oct 13, 2012
the perfect idiot wrote:
WHOA, Whoa,
What? WhAT? WHAT?
the perfect idiot wrote:
you have read the Bible!
I have.
the perfect idiot wrote:
I have never had anyone agree with what I say about the Passover Crucifixion of Jesus Before. Online.
There's a first time for everything.
the perfect idiot wrote:
That is it,
It should be, but it's not.
the perfect idiot wrote:
He rose upon the end of the weekly Sabbath which would have been at the Nightfall of Saturday Night.
When Mark 16:9 says, "Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week," all this means is that our anointed Savior arose from sleep, early Sunday morning. People read "risen" and misinterpret what's meant, because it coincides with indoctrination. They don't know better, and most haven't searched out the truth. Regardless, to fit into the actual chronology given us in the bible, our anointed Savior must have risen, from death, at 3:00pm, Saturday afternoon. That's equivalent to Abib 17, Day 7, and the conclusion of the 3rd watch, of the actual Hebrew calender.
the perfect idiot wrote:
WOW, no one online here has ever agreed with my before.
Like I said, there's a first time for everything.
the perfect idiot wrote:
You know there is a Free Downloadable program called "Celestia" that will actually let you track the Earth, Moon, Planets and even the Planets Moons if you really want to get into this accurately to the dates in question.
Which DO have something to do with it.
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
I understand, exactly, what you mean.
the perfect idiot wrote:
`
I deleted the rest, for space.

I've heard this argument before, about the infamous "chip." Personally, I don't believe that's what it is, this "mark of the beast." You're an advocate for the seventh-day Sabbath, then look at that as a reference to this infamous "mark." The "mark" is not a literal, physical manifestation that appears as something that fulfills the senses; as something to touch, see, taste, feel, hear, etc. The "mark" is something spiritual, that excites the senses, but nothing that man can create and put in a box. The "mark" can easily be the keeping of a so-called "Sunday Sabbath" rather than the true Sabbath. NOTE: Sabado, a Spanish term closely related to our English "Sabbath," means "Saturday." Search the scriptures again and you'll find that "seal" and "mark" are almost identical in definition. Some will be "sealed," while others will be "marked." Which will be which?

I left this portion open so I can address something further with you, if you don't mind.

Going back to the psalm of David, that Paul quoted, you must understand this one thing. In Hebrew, there were no quotation marks. Therefore, quotation marks are excluded from our earliest English translations. Consider the following, please and if you will.

Psalm 114:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no , not one.

QUESTION: Are we reading according to context?

The first verse says, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is not that doeth good." The second says, "YHWH looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God." Then, there's verse three.

QUESTION: Why would the fool say, "They are corrupt," etc? Who's the "they" the fool was talking about? Why wouldn't the prophet David write, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. WE are corrupt, WE have done abominable works..?" "We" is much different than "they." And "we" would be more understandable if it was the fool proclaiming such things. But, it's not.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#84325 Oct 13, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>All joking aside...
YOU, my friend, are a FASCINATING person! Your life is...I have no word that would be closely adequate.
I read your posts all the time. And I shouldn't say this...but I understand a lot of it.
If I could have walked with you.
Many have, but who do you trust? Vatican has the files, Arch Diocese, Government, FBI and Middleton Wisc Mayor all form the 1970s.

As I said it helps to be logical, I saved the St Marys of the Lake of Waunakee Wisconsin School from burning down in the music room. The teacher was spell bound by ghosts and powers, and refused to leave me alone, She thought we had a casper. NO! Molecule man of thoughts of insects scared. I told her I was not gay and stop wooing me like my mother does to my fahter and farted loudly so she would run from my space. I hate people in my space law says I have the 4 foot radius around my own body. But the molecules and insects led me to the outlet. Since I fell off a roof as well as a kid, I was not attached to my self and went in the wall to find the live wires firing up. GHOST indeed molecules off setting form a live current expoing all thoughts of partisipant s in the building periodically. Simulated haunted I said, call MGE They came out within 20 minutes with fire department and took the wall apart and caught the fire before it started. Sparks all over the walls blackend. just one of my many, I shared a music class with the long black haired boys, I loved hearing them giggle and feel them smile form across the room, I was blonde haired blue eyes 10:08pm birth, usually the after hours girls had thick dark hair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 min Lusen 458,411
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Regina 600,126
News What If Jesus Is not God? 1 min the Mad JW 369
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 245,141
News How Can We Know That We Are Saved? 1 min Marc 5
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min Eagle 12 11,015
News Shocking child sex abuse testimony by Jehovah's... 1 min Sanctus2015 13
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 min tongangodz 6,678
More from around the web