What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments
82,181 - 82,200 of 83,830 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2013

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Nijoni,
How have you been? Hope all is well. Sorry, if I haven't been on here very often. Sometimes this place wears you out plus if the fish aren't biting, a fisherman has to move to a different location where new wineskins are ready to be filled.
BTW...I responded a couple of weeks ago to your post but I wasn't sure what you were asking about. If you missed my question, no big deal.
Now as for "reprobate", I would have to agree with Oxbow's answer: unapproved, worthless (literally or morally), rejected
Just incase. Here are some free online Bible tools you can use.
http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html
http://www.biblos.com/
http://www.biblegateway.com/
I'm sharing this with you because when I began studying, I didnít have anyone to tell me that concordances, lexicons, or Bible dictionaries existed. So, I spent two years writing my own concordance :(
They can be very helpful in your studies especially when trying to see how particular words and phrases were being used 2,000 years ago in Israel. Remember, the Bible was composed thousands of years ago, and the language used was understood in its time. It is totally different than the same languages in use today.
Also, I suggest skipping any commentaries you might come across. Since only the Bible can interpret the Bible it's important we contain our studies strictly to the Bible. Sometimes men's commentaries can be slanted views of the Bibleís Scriptures, depicting their personal beliefs, or their allegiance to a particular sect of Christianity.
Enjoy my friend
Shalom
I must of missed your reply. Been off for a bit myself. So far, I have not disagreed with what you say. I too, feel the watering down of the CHurches. Have you ever read the Great Evangelical Disaster? By Charles Shaffer. A real eye popper. AMerica has twisted the WOrd to justify herself. The Gentile interpretations.
Euro-Centric CHristianity that justifies genocides done by the White races. They teach God is white as well. And favors whites. WHat do you think the Righteous God thinks of this? The GOd that created all and is all.

Shalom

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for anyone to save someone's posts. There is a simple internet tool which allows anyone to search individual sites for specific words.
She has no idea that this forum retains all posts....there is no need to save them....

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
When I am talking to you, and others like you, I have to bring the discussion down to your level.
Care full, your slip is showing.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Clod hopper. I already told you what degrees I hold. Cleveland State University and University of New Mexico. The fact that you're too embarrassed to tell us what your actual qualifications are is your problem, not mine.
Not embarassed about anything. I don't make a practice of sharing personal information on an open forum. And I don't need to insult and belittle others trying to jack up my own ego.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I, as any Christian, will respond favorable to anyone, bar none, who shows a genuine interest in the Word of God.
Your soul mates Ninjo and Allen may believe that BS, but the rest of us have brains.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing how proud and passionate you are on your view of the Sacred Word of God, am simply doing you a favor of getting them "out there"..
Any time...
Good, it saves me the trouble of rewriting it all for those who didn't get to read them the first time.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the ******* who posts nothing but anti protestant nonsense trying to start something up with the protestants.
Who do you think you're fooling?
Show me where I have written ANTI Protestant nonsense. You and Ox and Nijoni show how alike you are more and more....and that is not a compliment.
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for anyone to save someone's posts. There is a simple internet tool which allows anyone to search individual sites for specific words.
You do have a problem with missing the point don't you?
He still had to find them, copy them, paste them...that's a lot of time to spend.......Hahahaha

STALKER!!!
ltb

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
She has no idea that this forum retains all posts....there is no need to save them....
And you went and found them all......what's that say about you?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Not embarassed about anything. I don't make a practice of sharing personal information on an open forum. And I don't need to insult and belittle others trying to jack up my own ego.
I'm not the first nor will I be the last to ask you what qualifications justify your pontification.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the first nor will I be the last to ask you what qualifications justify your pontification.
I don't pontificate! I make assertions and support those assertions with credible, verifiable, documentary evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Your soul mates Ninjo and Allen may believe that BS, but the rest of us have brains.
You have brains alright....you are sitting on them....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, it saves me the trouble of rewriting it all for those who didn't get to read them the first time.
Glad to see you realize how dumb of you to say I saved them...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
It says I am intelligent....
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

What is the fihgt over now? Go to Washington and schedule for your FBI file, you have 3 court dates, 2 of them are 10-20 minutes. 2 weeks of Doctor and Surgeon General investigations. Foot Rpints Brian imagery scan all files reviewed to prove you are who you think you are and not a kidnappy or a killer family that impersonated the family back in history.

Then the last court is 30 minutes with a gag restraint signed Hush note. All money form history is awarded to you, fines in all states removed, property given that was rightfully yours, accountability settlements, ALL online activity file with Federal patent and names of all people and forums that arrest is warrented for plagerisim.

Seceratary of USA sets up meetings.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
It should bother you to align yourself with Atheists, but it actually BOTHERS You that Christians agree. Doh! Is anybody out there?

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

ltb wrote:
<quoted text>
It says there is evidence, provided by YOU. Something you often deny. Cry a River.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Jaimie wrote:
What is the fihgt over now? Go to Washington and schedule for your FBI file, you have 3 court dates, 2 of them are 10-20 minutes. 2 weeks of Doctor and Surgeon General investigations. Foot Rpints Brian imagery scan all files reviewed to prove you are who you think you are and not a kidnappy or a killer family that impersonated the family back in history.
Then the last court is 30 minutes with a gag restraint signed Hush note. All money form history is awarded to you, fines in all states removed, property given that was rightfully yours, accountability settlements, ALL online activity file with Federal patent and names of all people and forums that arrest is warrented for plagerisim.
Seceratary of USA sets up meetings.
All joking aside...

YOU, my friend, are a FASCINATING person! Your life is...I have no word that would be closely adequate.

I read your posts all the time. And I shouldn't say this...but I understand a lot of it.

If I could have walked with you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, Allen Richards, but I disagree with you and agree with Mr. idiot.
The weekly Sabbath was instituted long before the Israelites camped at the base of Sinai. To take the notion that the Sabbath is an Israelite-exclusive observance is most erroneous, as all the law was given to Israel, including the prohibitions against idolatry, dishonoring our parents, murder, adultery, stealing, bearing false witness, and covetousness. As to the Sabbath, only the precepts have become void. Also, when Israel was given the law regarding the Sabbath, they were told to "remember" it.
<quoted text>Our anointed Savior was arrested during the "day of preparation." He was crucified, though, at 9:00am, during Passover. This was on a Wednesday, or Abib 14. He died the same day, at 3:00pm.
<quoted text>That's incorrect. No scholars agree that "Paraskeue" means "Friday." If anything, they agree that this defition is a modern rendering. If we read anything that suggests such a thing, we read the terms "probably means," "may mean," and "could have meant," often. This is hardly proof. If anything, it's wise to adopt the definition that's given us, which is "readiness," or "preparation," and nothing else. And for the record, every day before a Sabbath, whether it be the weekly Sabbath, the Day of Atonement, or Passover, was called "the day of preparation."
<quoted text>Incorrect, again.
By examining the scriptures, we'd see that this particular week was one of multiple Sabbaths that included the weekly Sabbath. On the 13 of Abib (Tue-Wed), Israel observed the day of preparation. On the 14th of Abib (Wed-Thu), they observed Passover. The following day, the 15th of Abib (Thu-Fri), began the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Then, on the 16th of Abib (Fri-Sat), they observed a double Sabbath, as it was both, the weekly Sabbath and the Feast of Firstfruits. To acknowledge and accept is that, with each Sabbath came a day for preparation that was observed the day before, as required by law.
If our anointed Savior died on a Friday, then he could not have risen on a Sunday, either.
Friday - 3:00pm - Our anointed Savior died
Saturday - 3:00pm - One day accomplished
Sunday/"first day of the week" - 3:00pm - Two days accomplished
Monday - 3:00pm - Three days accomplished
You most likely know that when the women arrived at the tomb early Sunday morning, the tomb was already empty. Chronologically, this is impossible, as not even two days would have been accomplished.
Why is it you include me in your Objection? When I say the Sabbath started at Creation?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Um...that would be David, actually.
I assume this is a another Song, that you say "GOD was saying" when in fact it was a Song saying what the Fool says or something like that.

You are taking the second verse of the Song TO BE GOD SPEAKING, when in fact it is still speaking about the fool of the first verse.
Something like that right?
That is why you did not post the verse.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You STILL ignore that Paul began that statement with "As it is written." Where, then, is this written?
Psalm 14:3
Someone just pointed this one out to me.
It turns out the Speaker Never Changes in this Psalm, it does not say BUT GOD SAYS, for the next verse, which you are counting as GOD SAYS,

You are Claiming that GOD says the next verse, after the Speaker is Identified as the Fool, or whoever it is.

However GOD is never identified as the NEW speaker for these verse you say GOD is speaking.

The verse says the Fool says BLAH blah Blah, but you pick out the second or third verse and say GOD says this verse, when in fact the Entire Verse is attributed to the fool.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: these is none that doeth good, no, not one.
The Fool says the above, as the rest of the Psalm.

You are ADDING BUT GOD SAID THIS, to the Psalm, that clearly identifys the speaker as the Fool.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Paul simply quoted what David had originally written. I've already tried to explain to you what "righteous" means from a biblical perspective, though. shortened because you are an Idiot
What Paul Quoted was the FOOL Says
Brother Lee Love wrote:
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: these is none that doeth good, no, not one.
You are saying GOD said this, when if you read the Scripture, David Identifies the Speaker as the Fool.

The ENTIRE PSALM is attributed to WHAT THE FOOL SAYS.

YOU are saying OH BUT GOD Said this, which is not true, the ENTIRE PSALM is what the Fool Says, including how GOD looked down from the Heavens, THE FOOL SAYS this.

THE ENTIRE PSALM
IS THE FOOL SAYS THIS.
ALL OF IT, is how the fool thinks.

The ENTIRE PSALM is what the Fool says, Even as far as those that cry out for GOD to Bring his Righteous judgement down upon the Earth, are lost to the teachings of the Christ, This is in the New testament.
Mercy for Mankind is what a Christian is supposed to Prey for, not Judgement and hell fire,
For GOD WOULD that none Perish.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

It is GODS WILL, it WILL BE.

What you quote as Paul was Quoting David, that is correct, but what David said

WAS THE FOOL SAYS THIS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••