Lilith: Adam's first wife

Full story: Examiner.com

Do you like this story? Adam's first wife was Lilith , not Eve , according to Judaism.
Comments
581 - 600 of 603 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2014

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#585 Jan 13, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe.
----------

Wrong! According to the theory of the big bang, all scientists refer to it as the beginning of our universe. If the universe had a beginning, obviously something that preceded it caused it to begin. In other words, it was created. Since according to Logic there is no created things without a creator, the Creator of the universe has become obvious.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#586 Jan 13, 2014
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Wrong! According to the theory of the big bang, all scientists refer to it as the beginning of our universe. If the universe had a beginning, obviously something that preceded it caused it to begin. In other words, it was created. Since according to Logic there is no created things without a creator, the Creator of the universe has become obvious.
Big Bang is a misnomer it is the Great Expansion. We simple can't look at the first picoseconds, if their are any localized first that is.
Frankly it is all around anyway.

Besides we found a hole in the background radition.

So who created the creator...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#587 Jan 13, 2014
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Repeating your gross conceptual error in logic will not someday make it true. If all things that exist MUST have a creator, then your God MUST have a creator, or He does not exist. If anything exists that does not have a creator, like your God, then it is possible for anything to exist without a creator. Period. There is no escaping this.

Please stop with the repetition of your false logic. You lost that debate long before you were even born.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#588 Jan 13, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you look at the genealogy in Luke, Jeconiah is not mentioned at all. Of course, that genealogy proves that Jesus was not the Messiah because it passes through the wrong son of David...
Agreed, Liam.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#589 Jan 22, 2014
polymath257 wrote:

The first DNA or the first genetic material? Because the first genetic material was almost certainly not DNA, it was probably RNA.
But that is beside the point. Where did the first 'information' in genetic material come from? Once again, the information is in the concentrations and types of atoms and basic components of that genetic material and how those components react with each other. There is information in how a nucleotide interacts with other nucleotides. There is information in how strings of nucleotides catalyze important reactions. There is information in how the different components bind to each other. That information comes from the very laws of physics and chemistry that control everything.
cause effect.

MAAT: To be distinguished from Christine M.:
There is nothing in quantum science to say that effect cannot
come before or is even related to cause.

Location hidden

#590 Jan 27, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Bang is a misnomer it is the Great Expansion. We simple can't look at the first picoseconds, if their are any localized first that is.
Frankly it is all around anyway.
Besides we found a hole in the background radition.
So who created the creator...
--------

Wrong! The Great Expansion is what followed up to the big bang that preceded it. And for your question about "Who created the Creator" I find it too childish and completely illogical. If God created every thing and some thing created Him, it is only obvious that God was not the Creator of every thing.

Location hidden

#591 Jan 27, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating your gross conceptual error in logic will not someday make it true. If all things that exist MUST have a creator, then your God MUST have a creator, or He does not exist. If anything exists that does not have a creator, like your God, then it is possible for anything to exist without a creator. Period. There is no escaping this.
Please stop with the repetition of your false logic. You lost that debate long before you were even born.
-------

You are simply verbal juggling with words that make no sense. If the Creator needed a creator to create Him, it means that He was not the Creator. Since the universe is not composed of created things without a creator it becomes obvious that the Primal Creator caused them to expand on Creation. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if you give me an example of something that caused itself to exist. Would you like to give it a try? I am all ears.

#592 Jan 27, 2014
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
-------
You are simply verbal juggling with words that make no sense. If the Creator needed a creator to create Him, it means that He was not the Creator. Since the universe is not composed of created things without a creator it becomes obvious that the Primal Creator caused them to expand on Creation. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if you give me an example of something that caused itself to exist. Would you like to give it a try? I am all ears.
If my words make no sense to you, perhaps an adult can explain them.
(Okay, that was meant as a joke, albeit a rather snarky one...)

But seriously >>I<< am not verbally juggling anythihng. I am making a very straight forward statement:

If EVERYTHING that exists must have a creator, then your God must have a creator, or He does not exist. If ANYTHING exists that does not need a creator, then there is no justification to demand a creator for the univerwse. The mere existence of the universe in not a priori evidence of the existence of a creator.
Enlighten

Australia

#593 Jan 28, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But seriously >>I<< am not verbally juggling anythihng. I am making a very straight forward statement:
If EVERYTHING that exists must have a creator, then your God must have a creator, or He does not exist. If ANYTHING exists that does not need a creator, then there is no justification to demand a creator for the univerwse. The mere existence of the universe in not a priori evidence of the existence of a creator.
Are you the creator of your night dreams or is it the creator. Then you are the creator as those events in the dream depend upon you for their existence.

If the creator dreams then you have been created by the creator to exist in his consciousness under the law of his dream.

If there was no time, the creator must of always been, if he didn't none of us would have conciousness or dreams, it is our limited understanding of perception about this. We are still animals in this world in the creators eyes, only difference is our intelligence and how we use this for good or evil in his animal paradise.

Location hidden

#594 Jan 29, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
------

You still have not understood my proposal. Give me an example of something that created itself and probably we may continue our discussion . I still don't believe you are being serious. Well, are you going to give me something that exists and did not need a creator to exist or not?

#595 Jan 29, 2014
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
------
You still have not understood my proposal. Give me an example of something that created itself and probably we may continue our discussion .
The universe.
Ben_Masada wrote:
I still don't believe you are being serious. Well, are you going to give me something that exists and did not need a creator to exist or not?
See above.

Quantum physics has already demonstrated that subatomic particles can come into existence from nothing.

#596 Jan 29, 2014
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
------
You still have not understood my proposal. Give me an example of something that created itself and probably we may continue our discussion . I still don't believe you are being serious. Well, are you going to give me something that exists and did not need a creator to exist or not?
Forgot to add this...

I understood your proposal, and no I do not take it serious. There is no reason to, for the reason that I have stated over and over again. Your claims do nothing to provide support for the existence of any Deity.

You see, I first encountered your uncaused cause argument back in 9th grade (and that was quite a while ago!) and even then, I was underwhelmed with the spurious nature of the argument. It requires that one accept the conclusion as part of the premise, and that is very bad logic.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#597 Jan 29, 2014
The universe created itself? Oh Planck!

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#598 Jan 29, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe.
<quoted text>
See above.
Quantum physics has already demonstrated that subatomic particles can come into existence from nothing.
rabbee: a theory is a set of lies, someone is attempting to prove as truth. and the merry, pop ins theory is just that. it is a set of unproved set of lies. but the actual theory, is that they pop in, and out from another alleged unproved set of dimensional lies. so all you have is a theory, used falsely as proof of another theory. so it is nothing more, than one set of lies attempting to explain another set of lies - none of which, are even provable. using a theory to try to explain another theory, is a violation of scientific method and principals.

Location hidden

#599 Jan 30, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe.
<quoted text>
See above.
------
I think Einstein knew about quantum physics a little better than you and I. Listen to this:

"I believe that the Quantum Mechanics theory is up to beguile us into error in our search for an uniform basis for Physics because in my belief it is an incomplete representation of real things. Energy values of a state lying between the quantum values do not exist. In my opinion the quantum theory does not seem likely to be able to produce a usable foundation for Physics." ("Out of my later years" pp. 88-97)

In other words, you are dealing with balderdash or verbal juggling with words that make no sense. I am sure you aren't even able to explain what Quantum Physics is all about.

Location hidden

#600 Jan 30, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to add this...
I understood your proposal, and no I do not take it serious. There is no reason to, for the reason that I have stated over and over again. Your claims do nothing to provide support for the existence of any Deity.
You see, I first encountered your uncaused cause argument back in 9th grade (and that was quite a while ago!) and even then, I was underwhelmed with the spurious nature of the argument. It requires that one accept the conclusion as part of the premise, and that is very bad logic.
-------

And since then you haven't been able to provide an example of something that has caused itself to exist? Forget it! You are wasting your time and the time of many others.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#603 Feb 3, 2014
Ginger wrote:
This article is correct. The Bible is not complete. Read Revelation 22:19.
I do believe that the verse is meant about the Book of Revelations.

but yes, the Bible is incomplete. There are many books that should be in.

Denver, CO

#604 Feb 4, 2014
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe that the verse is meant about the Book of Revelations.
rabbee: what difference does it make, when you know the ending? as long as you know WHO The AUTHOR is, the ending is never going to change. when you are all, headed again toward www (world war water). why does this always, keep happening to us? because this world is evil and wicked, and filled with idolatry of men. and refuse to consider being here, in This Story from G-D again.

Denver, CO

#605 Feb 4, 2014
when you believe in muhammed, stalin, hitler, clinton, obama, etc instead of G-D. this is always, called as idolatry.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#606 Feb 4, 2014
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe that the verse is meant about the Book of Revelations.
There are a lot of prophetic books that were not canonized but survive in the oral tradition. These are mainly things concerning the Messiah which were way too specific and detailed to be made public. I was told a lot of these prophecies when I was about 11 or 12 years old. As far as I know, everything up until the present has been fulfilled and the next thing to happen is VWD Day, the first Day of the Lord. The enemies of God will burst into flames. Psalm 37:20, Psalm 97:3. She will be able to throw a lightning bolt (Isaiah 30:30) and her fruit will be a fiery, flying serpent. Isaiah 14:29. She will go from a worm to a cockatrice and a shrimp to a barracuda.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 8 min bmz 201,286
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 11 min Nina Q 364,446
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Tuco Blondie 226,266
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min STEFANO COLONNA 68,948
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 31 min Thinking 50,134
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min seriously the ori... 538,795
ISIS, extremists do not represent majority of M... 33 min Joe 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••