Writer a spokesman for Watchtower

Sep 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reading Eagle/Reading Times

Editor: Concerning the letter from Clifford R. Lengel : Lengel is a spokesman for the Watchtower Society, part of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Comments
1 - 20 of 47 Comments Last updated Sep 20, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 16, 2012
 
interesting.
UNchained

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 16, 2012
 
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ldnews/obitu...

A memorial service will be held on Saturday, June 30, 2012 at 2 p.m. from the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 3707 Conrad Weiser Parkway (Rt. 422), Womelsdorf 19567, with Clifford R. Lengel officiating.

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 17, 2012
 
As always, the cult teaches lies.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bite My Jehovah wrote:
As always, the cult teaches lies.
You must be a scholar to know what you said-- you must have spent your lifetime studying Gods word, historical writings, learned hebrew and greek to know for sure your words are truth, am i right? Because the JW leaders have done all of the above for over 140 years straight, how about you? The trinity translations prove the trinity religions are absolutly wrong. How could a scholar miss that?
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

actually this org has been around ONLY 140 YEARS the real religions have been around thousands... this org came out of the water from nowhere and thinks it knows best... wrong....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

unlisted wrote:
actually this org has been around ONLY 140 YEARS the real religions have been around thousands... this org came out of the water from nowhere and thinks it knows best... wrong....
The JW,s have fullfilled these twp prophecys--Micah 4:1-6--- Daniel 12:4

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a scholar to know what you said-- you must have spent your lifetime studying Gods word, historical writings, learned hebrew and greek to know for sure your words are truth, am i right? Because the JW leaders have done all of the above for over 140 years straight, how about you? The trinity translations prove the trinity religions are absolutly wrong. How could a scholar miss that?
Not one of the men who translated the NWT knew any of the hebrew, greek or history of the bible language. Not one of them graduated with these skills. Only one of the even had a little bit of biblical language but even that was not done to the level that he could translate words back. If you cant read it, how can you tranlate it properly. How would they ever know if the trinity was in there or not if they cant read it? How could they be called scholars when they cant translate scripture into Hebrew.

Four out of the five men on the committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all, and only a high school education. Franz studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek.

The NWT translators were: Nathan Knorr, Albert Schroeder, George Gangas, Fred Franz, M. Henschel

"Fred Franz however, was the only one with sufficient knowledge of the Bible languages to attempt translation of this kind. He had studied Greek for two years in the University of Cincinnati but was only self-taught in Hebrew." ["Crisis of Conscience"; by Raymond Franz; Commentary Press, Atlanta; 1983 edition; footnote 15; page 50.]
Four out of the five men on the committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all. They had only a high school education. Franz studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek.
What we are left with is a very inexperienced translating committee that twisted Scripture to make it fit the Society's doctrine.

You really need to read up on this to find out the truth. Its all there in black and white.
TPMP

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 18, 2012
 
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one of the men who translated the NWT knew any of the hebrew, greek or history of the bible language. Not one of them graduated with these skills. Only one of the even had a little bit of biblical language but even that was not done to the level that he could translate words back. If you cant read it, how can you tranlate it properly. How would they ever know if the trinity was in there or not if they cant read it? How could they be called scholars when they cant translate scripture into Hebrew.
Four out of the five men on the committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all, and only a high school education. Franz studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek.
The NWT translators were: Nathan Knorr, Albert Schroeder, George Gangas, Fred Franz, M. Henschel
"Fred Franz however, was the only one with sufficient knowledge of the Bible languages to attempt translation of this kind. He had studied Greek for two years in the University of Cincinnati but was only self-taught in Hebrew." ["Crisis of Conscience"; by Raymond Franz; Commentary Press, Atlanta; 1983 edition; footnote 15; page 50.]
Four out of the five men on the committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all. They had only a high school education. Franz studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek.
What we are left with is a very inexperienced translating committee that twisted Scripture to make it fit the Society's doctrine.
You really need to read up on this to find out the truth. Its all there in black and white.
More of Langley's babble
BUDGIE

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
The JW,s have fullfilled these twp prophecys--Micah 4:1-6--- Daniel 12:4
They have also fullfilled the prophecey "that in the last days false prophets will arise prophecying the return of Christ and dates for "The day of the LORD".. the Watchtower has a 100%per cent record of false prophecy the 140 years it has existed..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 18, 2012
 
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one of the men who translated the NWT knew any of the hebrew, greek or history of the bible language. Not one of them graduated with these skills. Only one of the even had a little bit of biblical language but even that was not done to the level that he could translate words back. If you cant read it, how can you tranlate it properly. How would they ever know if the trinity was in there or not if they cant read it? How could they be called scholars when they cant translate scripture into Hebrew.
Four out of the five men on the committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all, and only a high school education. Franz studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek.
The NWT translators were: Nathan Knorr, Albert Schroeder, George Gangas, Fred Franz, M. Henschel
"Fred Franz however, was the only one with sufficient knowledge of the Bible languages to attempt translation of this kind. He had studied Greek for two years in the University of Cincinnati but was only self-taught in Hebrew." ["Crisis of Conscience"; by Raymond Franz; Commentary Press, Atlanta; 1983 edition; footnote 15; page 50.]
Four out of the five men on the committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all. They had only a high school education. Franz studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek.
What we are left with is a very inexperienced translating committee that twisted Scripture to make it fit the Society's doctrine.
You really need to read up on this to find out the truth. Its all there in black and white.
Same reasoning of the pharisees against the apostles and Jesus--They didnt attend the school of men to know truth and be teachers--- the true ones of God are lead by HS when God wills things to be known.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

BUDGIE wrote:
<quoted text>They have also fullfilled the prophecey "that in the last days false prophets will arise prophecying the return of Christ and dates for "The day of the LORD".. the Watchtower has a 100%per cent record of false prophecy the 140 years it has existed..
The JW leaders didnt make up any prophecys-- they put a date on a 100% true prophecy allready in existence in Gods written word.God made the prophecy--they erred by dating it. Mr Russell was the only human alive that saw that peace would be taken from the earth in 1914,because Jesus was going to cast satan to the earth and recieve his crown. How did he know that?

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a scholar to know what you said-- you must have spent your lifetime studying Gods word, historical writings, learned hebrew and greek to know for sure your words are truth, am i right? Because the JW leaders have done all of the above for over 140 years straight, how about you? The trinity translations prove the trinity religions are absolutly wrong. How could a scholar miss that?
You must be totally ignorant and dumber than a fence post. Anyone who believes the lies of Satan's organization, the jehovah's witnesses is a fool.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bite My Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be totally ignorant and dumber than a fence post. Anyone who believes the lies of Satan's organization, the jehovah's witnesses is a fool.
The JW,s are the only ones teaching the same things Jesus taught-- Have you ever bothered to listen to Jesus? I know parts of Gods word can be difficult to understand, because the trinity translations were altered centuries ago. But the fact remains, God would not let real truth be hidden totally, and any knowledgable JW can use a trinity translation to prove many of the trinity religions teachings as false. You can stand in opposition to Jehovah if that is your desire, but if you want eternal life, Jesus said you must know Jehovah to gain it--John 17:1-6

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
The JW,s are the only ones teaching the same things Jesus taught-- Have you ever bothered to listen to Jesus? I know parts of Gods word can be difficult to understand, because the trinity translations were altered centuries ago. But the fact remains, God would not let real truth be hidden totally, and any knowledgable JW can use a trinity translation to prove many of the trinity religions teachings as false. You can stand in opposition to Jehovah if that is your desire, but if you want eternal life, Jesus said you must know Jehovah to gain it--John 17:1-6
Really?

How long have you been delusional?

Why don't you open your Bible and show me where Jesus taught about Paradise Earth?

Have you ever bothered to listen to Jesus? Apparently NOT!

"Paradise earth" is a key phrase in Watchtower literature, appearing over 1,000 times on the Watchtower CD Library. However, the term never appears in the Bible. Neither is resurrection onto earth specifically discussed.

Here is what Satan's cult the jehovah's witnesses state...and it's from the evil cult's writings.

"[Jesus] spoke of the resurrection to life on earth, such as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will receive." Watchtower 1976 Jun 1 p.349

"... the number 144,000 is to be taken literally. It refers to those who will rule in heaven with Christ over a paradise earth, which will be filled with a large and undetermined number of happy people who worship Jehovah God." Watchtower 2004 Sep 1 p.31

This is in direct conflict with the Bible, which states Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are in heaven.

Matthew 8:11 "But I tell YOU that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens."

Matthew 5:11-12 "Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.

I could post about 130 pages more of FALSE TEACHINGS from Satan's organization, the jehovah's witnesses, but here you are...respond to this one.

“Christmas ONLY for Christians!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 18, 2012
 
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
The JW leaders didnt make up any prophecys-- they put a date on a 100% true prophecy allready in existence in Gods written word.God made the prophecy--they erred by dating it. Mr Russell was the only human alive that saw that peace would be taken from the earth in 1914,because Jesus was going to cast satan to the earth and recieve his crown. How did he know that?
Apparently you are clueless as to what Russell prophesied.

The fact is, he blew it 100% of the time, without exception.

You have been indoctrinated. Have you ever checked to see if the garbage you've been taught is true.

You must be really ignorant and really gullible!
UNchained

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 18, 2012
 
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
The JW leaders didnt make up any prophecys-- they put a date on a 100% true prophecy allready in existence in Gods written word.God made the prophecy--they erred by dating it.
Recently, Harold Camping put a date on a 100% true prophecy already in existence in Gods written word.

Is he a false prophet?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 19, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
How long have you been delusional?
Why don't you open your Bible and show me where Jesus taught about Paradise Earth?
Have you ever bothered to listen to Jesus? Apparently NOT!
"Paradise earth" is a key phrase in Watchtower literature, appearing over 1,000 times on the Watchtower CD Library. However, the term never appears in the Bible. Neither is resurrection onto earth specifically discussed.
Here is what Satan's cult the jehovah's witnesses state...and it's from the evil cult's writings.
"[Jesus] spoke of the resurrection to life on earth, such as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will receive." Watchtower 1976 Jun 1 p.349
"... the number 144,000 is to be taken literally. It refers to those who will rule in heaven with Christ over a paradise earth, which will be filled with a large and undetermined number of happy people who worship Jehovah God." Watchtower 2004 Sep 1 p.31
This is in direct conflict with the Bible, which states Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are in heaven.
Matthew 8:11 "But I tell YOU that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens."
Matthew 5:11-12 "Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.
I could post about 130 pages more of FALSE TEACHINGS from Satan's organization, the jehovah's witnesses, but here you are...respond to this one.
Jesus taught-- Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth--- the Psalmist David wrote--The righteous will possess the earth and reside forever upon it.--- this discounts the teachings of heaven or hell as an end as false.
The kingdom of the heavens is Gods ruling govt persay--it will be over all of creation. You just assume it means heaven only. Why would there be a new earth( system of things)--- no one who died before Jesus died went to heaven.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 19, 2012
 
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
Recently, Harold Camping put a date on a 100% true prophecy already in existence in Gods written word.
Is he a false prophet?
The prophecy of Harmageddon is 100% real given to John in the book of revelation-- dating it is an error.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 19, 2012
 
Bite My Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are clueless as to what Russell prophesied.
The fact is, he blew it 100% of the time, without exception.
You have been indoctrinated. Have you ever checked to see if the garbage you've been taught is true.
You must be really ignorant and really gullible!
I can see nothing but hate in your posts--do you know Jesus?????

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 19, 2012
 
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text> More of Langley's babble
Go research it yourself TPMP. The truth is really easy to find if you know how to use the internet. You never believe just one website, but you look at more and more to find the truth. All of what is stated is truth, a man who was there told the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••