In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
11,621 - 11,640 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11898 May 29, 2012
Here's one, HOney...

water_nymph wrote:
(quote)
I don't particularly like Obama, but I am not stupid enough to blame him for everything including your dirty mind and ignorance of facts.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#11899 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you daft?
YOU brought up Northern Ireland, and being "part" of the UK is why they have The Troubles.
And I have been absolutely accurate re: state religion in the UK. One religious denomination is formally recognized and given a privileged status, the "established" church of UK:the Church of England or Anglican Church.
Are you stupid? Or just deliberately ignorant?

I brought up Northern Ireland because you omitted from your lies, just like you omitted the one war that the US has won in the last 60 years because it was against a bunch of hill farmers. You cherrypick and are not willing to discuss anything unless you set the agenda

The UK has no state religion. England does, the UK does NOT

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11900 May 29, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bibles GIVEN away might be 6 billion.
Bibles SOLD is a lot less.
Bibles READ is even less.
In other words: you cannot dispute my numbers, HOney.

I don't recall bibles being given away at Barnes & Noble but they were sold.

Since: Apr 12

Philadelphia, PA

#11901 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you do not know what you are talking about.
Atheists deny the existence of (a) god. Period. It doesn't mean they have to strap a bomb on their chest and run into the St. Paul's cathedral.
Agnostic: maybe there is a god, maybe not, but there is no proof one way or the other.
But they do not attach themselves to a religion.
The point you are missing is whether the atheists claim to KNOW that God does not exist.
You can reject a belief in God without being 100% sure whether God exists or not. Such people are called agnostic atheists. I consider myself one of them.
You need to understand that claims of knowledge and belief are different. Read up on this more before replying.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11902 May 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I brought up Northern Ireland because you omitted from your lies, just like you omitted the one war that the US has won in the last 60 years because it was against a bunch of hill farmers. You cherrypick and are not willing to discuss anything unless you set the agenda
He's both, as well as dishonest, probably rotten to the core too, but I'm not biting in to find that one out.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#11903 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it to yourself..go read Matthew 24 for your self...and because your not a christian you will scratch you head and still not know the true meaning of Christ's words...it requires a person to be Born Again to Receive Christ as Lord and then and only then can a person receive the Holy Spirit...who give clarification of God Word...This requires time alone in meditation and pray and much patience...Many read Gods word and well most end up like your self because they want there cake now...well God don't work as a waitress to serve you your cake now...God will give you understanding but one must be sincere as a believer in Christ and know that in time Gods words in Scripture will make knowledge and wisdom...but not as the world knows knowledge!
This is Spiritual Wisdom...a much higher plain of knowledge for the Believer's life to protect and bring fulfillment in the believer's life!
I could continue to quote scripture to you but your carnal mind can not comprehend what is meant for only the believer to know...this is why there is a very strong delusion and persuasion from Satan on those who are not saved!
I only wish your life the very best...but faith come only by hearing the word of God and I'm sorry to say you have rejected not me but Christ every time I have given you Scripture to read.
You ask for proof..but your like the pharisees who were the elect of there day and they were blind wolves of there day.
Your not in the same boat as they are...but you reject the very truth of Gods own Son Christ Jesus...all because you have not seen or known Gods love for your life...but today you could simply just except Christ and receive him in prayer and then also ask to receive the Holy Spirit...Won't you please reconsider today?
There's not tithe to be had here, preacher.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#11904 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>
Main Headline: Nikki Sixx's Fear Over Near Death Experience
http://www.hairbandrock.com/newsroom/396-nikk...
Main Headline: 30 Rock Star Winters Tells Of Near Death Experience
http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/30-Rock-Star-W...
Read both links in full before replying back please!
Both these guys are NOT..Repeat NOT Christians and have never been Christians,,,and they had seen there own bodies when they died for a short time as to what happened to me...So Christians and non-Christians have the same experience when they die for a short time...but come back to life!
When you have a near death experience, you see what you have been conditioned to see by your life experiences, your own guilt or lack thereof, and the mores of the society in which you live. Period.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#11905 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>No they were part of the world Elite...N.W.O. boys shoe club..they were never Christians...cause if they were ...Thall Shall Not kill...I think they missed that one.
This a law also means malice thought against another person...I think those war mongers were guilty as sin of these acts against humanity...the lake of fire awaits for them and all other blasphemers!
Most people start off learning by observation of those in 'power'. Christians start learning about killing from God himself as they hear the story of Noah and other characters in the Bible.

So yes, they were Christians. They were as true a Christian as are you. They just acted on the observations of what God did in the OT and did likewise.

That's what's scary about fundies.

There is nothing in the Bible that says anything about a 'malice thought'. That's something made up and added to the Bible.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#11906 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>I like your user name logo..you should get off the planet and get off this topic as your opion is more Kindergarten chatter!
Fundies always want to get rid of people who challenge what they believe and leave them with unanswered questions which scare the poopy out of them.
Hey Pal

Madison, WI

#11907 May 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Conspiracy nut! You are a type 2.
Really...if you got the time to wake up out of your coma then please watch this!

Headline Video: EndGame HQ full length version

Headline Video: Invisible Empire A New World Order Defined Full

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Headline Video: Police State 4: The Rise of FEMA Full Length

Now either watch these or just get ready to be taken to the fema camps!

Headline Video: BREAKING NEWS: FEMA CAMP - "NEW EVIDENCE" ABSOLUTE SMOKING GUN - Alex Jones Show

Headline Video: High Treason - Obama and Pentagon Declare Congress Invalid 2012 !!

Headline Video: Joe Biden Says Obama Should be Impeached

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#11908 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>Gods word instructs the believer to be as salt and light to the world...go learn what this means!
To not be like this is to denies ones own faith in Christ!
Your myth teaches you to harass people? Too bad it's not palatable and only drives people away in a day and age when slight of hand does not impress someone enough to believe.

You are like a used car salesman who only has one lemon on the lot.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#11909 May 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You consider them a "problem" to be solved? How are they an impediment to your existence?
A problem in the sense that they tend to want to drive this society in a direction I think is dangerous. I do fear what they woudl do if they got more into power. In that case, I *do* think they would be a threat to my existence. At this point, I simply wish to keep them out of power.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#11910 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah... so you can't find that quote?
As I said, HOney.
You are the same old Walter Mitty we laugh at so much on WINLAC. What a poor representation you are for your deity.

By the way, are you now back to being Baptist or are you still a Jew who knows nothing of the Torah? Or Pagan? Or Mormon? Or Gypsy? Or one of the other many things you have claimed under different personalities?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#11911 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
Here's one, HOney...
water_nymph wrote:
(quote)
I don't particularly like Obama, but I am not stupid enough to blame him for everything including your dirty mind and ignorance of facts.
That says nothing about you blaming Obama. It says I don't blame Obama for everything INCLUDING your dirty mind and ignorance of facts.

This is your OCD topic for the day, I suppose.

You may not be able to comprehend what is clearly written, but you can't rewrite it and have intelligent people agree with your translation.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11912 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>Really...if you got the time to wake up out of your coma then please watch this!
Headline Video: EndGame HQ full length version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =x-CrNlilZhoXX
Headline Video: Invisible Empire A New World Order Defined Full
Headline Video: Police State 4: The Rise of FEMA Full Length
Now either watch these or just get ready to be taken to the fema camps!
Headline Video: BREAKING NEWS: FEMA CAMP - "NEW EVIDENCE" ABSOLUTE SMOKING GUN - Alex Jones Show
Headline Video: High Treason - Obama and Pentagon Declare Congress Invalid 2012 !!
Headline Video: Joe Biden Says Obama Should be Impeached
See what blind faith does? You will accept anything without any solid evidence, but deny everything that has solid evidence outright. There's a word for that which I forget ....

But yeah, you're a type 2.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#11913 May 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think when the idiot wrote that original post, he was unaware that four countries make up the UK. He definitely stated the UK has a state religion. When he was called on it, he was unable to admit his error. This is how fundies operate.
Hey Pal

Madison, WI

#11914 May 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Most people start off learning by observation of those in 'power'. Christians start learning about killing from God himself as they hear the story of Noah and other characters in the Bible.
So yes, they were Christians. They were as true a Christian as are you. They just acted on the observations of what God did in the OT and did likewise.
That's what's scary about fundies.
There is nothing in the Bible that says anything about a 'malice thought'. That's something made up and added to the Bible.
Your history is all wrong and so are your worthless opinions about my faith in Christ!

Here school is in sucker....Watch this and learn what your High school and College never taught you!

Headline video: Monopoly Men and the Federal Reserve

Headline Video: The Money Masters [Full Documentary]

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#11915 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you follow the thread you will find that KrustOdor is the some who said tat agnostic/atheist were "technically" the same.
Not me.
I know I certainly said that, and then I gave my reasoning for saying it.

An atheist lacks a theist belief that there is a deity. Any deity. The atheist does not have theistic belief.

An agnostic says that the knowledge isn't available that can prove or disprove the existence of a deity therefore they cannot make a claim to know.

Then I said where is there a belief in agnosticism? The strict agnostic doesn't have a theistic belief. That's the same as the atheist, the agnostic and atheist lack theistic belief.

I never claimed it followed a definition, I was simply pointing out the result or details of what both positions end up in essence, being.

I think I went on and pointed out that the agnostic COULD, also lean towards theism, or atheism, and that produces the agnostic theist and the agnostic atheist.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#11916 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words: you cannot dispute my numbers, HOney.
I don't recall bibles being given away at Barnes & Noble but they were sold.
You've deliberately missed the point. Some Bibles are purchased. More Bibles have been given away than bought by individuals. Less and less Bibles are being purchased as religion dies. Get used to it.
Hey Pal

Madison, WI

#11917 May 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
See what blind faith does? You will accept anything without any solid evidence, but deny everything that has solid evidence outright. There's a word for that which I forget ....
But yeah, you're a type 2.
These links are not based on any kind of faith..but fact...wake up...follow the conversation...stop twisting the words!
The N.W.O. is real as is the Illuminati..and Club of Rome..Free Masons...and others!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 5 min piratefighting 11,900
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 9 min religionislies 58
Exhibition On Islamic Civilisation In Terenggan... 11 min Rusty Tin Can 5
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min religionislies 226,397
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr MUQ1 201,378
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 539,236
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Paki_Jatt_Soorma 365,061
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••